User Reviews for Zyban

Learn more about Zyban.

Zyban Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Zyban to treat Smoking Cessation

"I used to smoke at least 2 packets per day for almost 20 years. I severally tried to quit without sucess. It was in 2001 while visiting a doctor friend when I learnt about the wonder drug zyban and decided to give it a try. I took 1 tablet per day for 1 week and has never looked back. No claving and no side effects. After 1 week of no smoking at all, I gave the rest of the medication to a friend. The way I think zyban has a degree of success is when an individual also desires and is determined to quit. All I needed was 3 days of no smoking"

Ndiathi (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

"I have smoked since I was 12 yrs old. Started smoking daily at age 15. I am now 51. Quit a few times for 3 or 4 months but always went back to it. On day 2 with Zyban and still smoking but looking forward to finally quitting. First day I took one in morning. Felt a bit funny but also was getting pains in chest n arm. Not sure if this was just a panic attack or what but going to keep going. If it gets worse I will have to stop taking zyban. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was nothing more than a panic attack."

Annonymous51 January 11, 2017

"Ok. on day 4 of this medication. Started woth 150 mg per day for 3 days and now onwards its 300 mg. First of all, I'm not convinced this drug is worth it. Side effects days 1-3 included blurry vision, feeling spaced out. today it was bouts of crying and then burning sensation in abdomen and chest. I'm smoking 1 pack on this. God only knows."

Moolie December 10, 2016

"I have written 2 reviews about hair loss suffered because of this drug. This website had posted the second review I wrote but it has since been taken down. Sounds like this website is getting paid by drug companies to skew the results. NOT HAPPY! Obviously you're not going to post this. But you are ruining your own reputation by only posting certain reviews. It's obvious to the public."

zeezl November 13, 2016

"Smoked for 30 years; nothing worked. Hypnotherapy, counselling, support groups, nicotine patches: nowt. My daughter worked for Astra-Zeneca, the company who make it; told me she'd heard good things. My GP said okay, it's the last-chance saloon, if I don't quit after a single 2-week prescription it's my funeral. As it were. Started the tablets as prescribed a few days before quitting; used nicotine gum the last day or so; stopped completely. And just didn't want to smoke. Yes, the cravings were there, and persisted for 4 days, but I said to myself well, they're no worse than a dose of flu, and I can hack that, so I put up with it. Been off now for 16 years, never wanted one since. The odd thing is I still dream I'm smoking, now and again..."

DeviJ November 4, 2016

"My partner took Zyban to help him quit smoking. Yes it did help him to stop BUT the side effects have been horrific. I WOULD NOT recommend anyone using this. For the past 5 and a half years he has suffered TERRIBLE mood swings, to the point that he frightens me and there has been a little violence (in the early days). He has had suicidal thoughts (and still does now occasionally). Our happy little family unit has almost been destroyed.......we are still together by the grace of God but for how much longer I don't know. I know his health has probably improved no end due to no longer smoking but his mental health has suffered greatly and sadly I don't know if things will ever improve."

Wife of a smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

"I took Zyban when it was first released in 1997. For those wondering if it works ? My habit was two to three packs per day. Smoked non filters for 41 years. Even spent over a $ 1000.00 dollars trying to quit with other programs. Obviously no luck. Could not even slow down. Then I tried Zyban when it first came out, as a last resort. Thanks to Zyban the only way to loose your desire to smoke, I now am about to celebrate 20 years without one smoke. If you wish to quit and haven't been able use Zyban you will quit, if you really wish to. Michael a true believer"

Mikes Zyban reward October 9, 2016

"Started taking 150mg (so just the one pill in the morning) 3 days ago and I am shocked!!!! I've had more energy, less anxiety (I have anxiety disorder and panic attacks normally), feel happier AND I don't feel like smoking much....... I go hours without a smoke, yet I used to smoke 30 cigarettes a day! I'm only on day 3! Tomorrow I am supposed to step up to 2 pills, and I assume I won't want a smoke at all. Brilliant pill. Wish I could stay on it, as I feel amazing!"

Brinny (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

"I don't understand how Zyban (wellbutrin) helped anyone stop smoking. I was on Zyban for depressions but have since been put on another antidepressant. Once I was on the other antidepressant was when my doctor told me about Zyban. I never noticed any difference in my smoking cravings while on Zyban. Maybe had I been told that Zyban could help with smoking cessation while on it, I may have quit. So far, I still love to smoke."

Smoother (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

"I took Zyban for about 2 months back in 1999. I had smoked for about 25 years before that and had tried to quit with no success. I was sceptical about Zyban because I was a hard core smoker, and was only half motivated to quit. Nothing changed for the first two weeks or so, then I thought I would limit myself to 3 per hou, next week the limit was one per half hour, then one per hour.Now I was about 5 or 6 weeks in. I stayed on Zyban, and would take a few smokes with me to work. One day on my way to work I was having a smoke and thinking about it and realized the only reason I was smoking now is because I was bringing them with me. I butted it out, and never looked back. I can be around smokers and not be tempted by it now too."

Nikkithetwister August 25, 2016

"I tried to quit on many occasions prior to using Zyban. My friend who smoked 2 packs a day quit using this drug which totally amazed me. I am a very cheap person and when a carton of generic cigarettes went up to $15.00 (which by todays prices is cheap, but not then) I swore I had wasted enough money harming my lungs. I started Zyban and set my quit date for 2 weeks. On the last day before that date, I was sitting around and realized I had not had a cigarette all day, and I haven't had one since. That was 19 years ago. I would highly recommend Zyban to quit smoking now before any more damage is done to your lungs. The cost of the medicine is no more than the cost of a carton of cigarettes for a month."

GrammaC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

"I used zyban years ago to quit and it did help but I started again after I went off it. I have been trying to quit for the last year but haven't made it past a few days. I am 36 and have smoked since I was about 20, 16 years of damage to my lungs. I decided it's now or never I just want to be a non smoker so badly. I went and got a prescription for zyban 4 days ago and started immediately. So far I feel ok on it, I definitely feel different, time feels slower and I feel like I'm observing things differently in somewhat removed. Today is my first day taking two pills and I'm a little worried I will feel messed up on the medication but gonna stick with it. I'm still smoking but plan on quiting within the next week."

Casey01 June 11, 2016

"Smoked for 22 years I was one of thise smokers who tried to quit lots but then resigned to the excuse that I loved to smoke. Just over a week ago I mentally decided that I was not a smoker. I started zyban on the second day I quit and smoked 2 that day, one the next, and half the next. That last half, I knew it was the last. As with these other stories I was addicted. Tried everything. Champix, patches, quit help lines and support etc so I was sceptical but determined. I really can not believe how well it has worked. I'm not grumpy, no cravings and no side effects as yet. I also take the gum with it but it's not a need just a back up. Can't recommend this enough."

C.Lee (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

"i took zyban 5 yrs ago after less then 2 weeks cigs tasted like sh//////t then went for 5 weeks without the ever touching a gig then the misses left me so i started again i was smoking so heavy that now i find it hard to breath i did try champix bit it did nothing for me no urge to stop what so ever im now back on zyban and as i aint got a missus thats less stress for me to worry about im only on day 4 now it took about 10 days last time b4 i hated the taste of a cig and was butting them out half way through so im guessing 14 days that is my quit time hopefully they will like sh////t b4 then i need to give up so bad my lung has collapsed 3 times still smoking at 60 as for side effects i had none"

paulypop (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

"I smoked for thirty years. I thought I'd die with a cigarette in my mouth. If tried everything and I still went back to smoking. Zyban was my last chance. I smoked at first and started to taper off. If there were side effects I don't really remember them. It took three weeks before I had the guts to not smoke. I list the cravings rather quicker than I thought possible. I haven't smoked for 12 years now. I still can't believe I'm a non smoker. Even at the worst time in my life I still never felt like a cigarette. I can honestly say I'm not a reformed smoker. I truly a non smoker."

Michelle G April 7, 2016

"When I first took Zyban, I was confident it wouldn't work. I smoked much more than I used to during the first week, and then suddenly I couldn't smoke at all. After 3 months on Zyban, I have been extremely happy that I finally beat this addiction. I'm no longer taking the medication and do feel like I want a drag or two. All in all, I would say it is a miracle drug...no matter what people tell you, it IS worth it. Be sure to follow what your doctor tells you, it's plain and simple: 2 tablets per day for 9-12 weeks and you will never ever smoke, if that is really what you want. I hope it helps everyone the same way it helped me."

MK7 April 5, 2016

"In my 3rd week of taking Zyban. I smoked as usual for the 1st 2 weeks 1 pack a day. Slowly I started smoking less frequently and only half a cigarette at a time. I am now not smoking at all and more importantly I dont even think about smoking. I have trouble falling asleep at night....but so far thats the only side effect I am experiencing. I am finally on the road to being a non smoker for the 1st time in 24 years."

3 week taking Zyban. March 31, 2016

"This pill is amazing ,I really think its the magic pill ,I'm smoke free now ,thanks zyban"

Anonymous February 28, 2016

"After trying many things, such as chewing gum, patches, hypnosis etc., to stop smoking, I took zyban in June 2000. Before the end of the course I had stopped craving cigarettes and became a non-smoker. It took 9 days and I had no side effects at all. It was the best thing I'd ever done."

Sunderland Lady February 14, 2016

"December 1999. Boxing Day. Already signed up for zyban course with group meetings for 1/1/2000. Started course and never smoked since....or wished to. Truly amazing and immediate. Didn't even have to complete course, it was that good. Always smoked socially from 18 to 44. A true life saver with no side effects. You must attend class /discussions..it's a mental commitment that's essential to success and really works. Don't hear too much about it these days but go for it!"

Steve/UK February 3, 2016

"Day 1 a bit of feeling "doped up." Day 2 OK; nothing significant. Day 3 the nausea started. Ciggies tasted horrible but even worse than that, just the thought of food and I all but headed to the john to throw up. This was the three day one pill a day phase. Side effects of Chantix (including nausea) were not as severe as this. I'm still waiting to see if after 24 hours that last dose will finally wear off. Cold turkey, bad as it can be, is way better."

XSmokerColdTurkey January 16, 2016

"I used zyban to quit smoking and after 2 weeks I no longer had the urge to smoke. I've been smoke free for over 23 years. I don't understand why it's not on the market to help people stop smoking. I smoked over 40 years and 2-3 packs a day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

"I used Zyban to quit smoking in 1999. To me, it was a miracle drug. I had smoked 1-1.5 packs/day for 33 years! What it does is change your brain chemistry to like you never smoked; consequently, you don't have any inclination to even want a cigarette! I have never smoked since nor had any desire to. If I had kept smoking, I probably wouldn't be alive to have my 72nd birthday next October (2015)."

IvyJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"In my first week of zyban Need to give up as I smoke a pack a day Feeling nauseous, last night had a severe headache and woke up thinking I could levitate and fly after having the weirdest out there dream - it really felt believable. Anyway going to continue and pray it works, will report back at a later date."

Flowergirl45 October 11, 2015

"I was prescribed Zyban by my physician to aid in quitting smoking. I was super excited to get it because I would finally get the help I needed to kick the habit for good. I read some awesome reviews and was confident this would be it. I was instructed to take one a day for the first few days and then begin taking one twice a day. I felt ok at first but once I started taking two a day I began to experience side effects. Headaches, waking up feeling hungover, extreme nausea, confusion and fogginess, muscle tenderness and definite weakness... almost as if my brain was telling me I couldn't move if I tried and I became literally too lazy to try. I was super disappointed, it just wasn't for me. "

KMDM (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015