User Reviews for Zyban

Zyban Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Zyban to treat Smoking Cessation

"Tried expensive Chantix first. Bizarre dreams and did really scary things in my sleep. Really a Psychotic's Drug ! Made me completely psychotic and angry. Then tried Zyban and read the interesting comments. Only needed the lower doses. I was on drug for 2.5 months. Able to gracefully quit 1-1/2 pack a day habit by Nov 2006. No angry responses. Not afraid to sleep. Even lost a few pounds. Have stayed off the butts since 2006. Good drug for smoking cessation--bad anti-depressant. Cheap. Generic available."

Nebraskan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

"Smoked for 10 years, a pack a day for about 5 of them. Military doctor recommend I take Zyban to quit, I was skeptical but about 4 days into the medication it felt as though I forgot I was a smoker. No cravings after meals, wake up and don't even think to smoke, it truly is phenomenal. I quit 2 days after taking the drug and stayed on for 2 weeks to ween off. Life changing."

CdnSoldr (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

"Used it for smoking cessation and depression but found it did not help with depression and landed me in the hospital hooked up to an EKG all night because my heart was racing and blood pressure through the roof."

Never again (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

"I had my first cigarette when I was seven years old, by the time I was 51 it had grown 35 a day . I tried patches, hypnotherapy and cold turkey, none worked. Cold turkey was the worse, it gave me pains in the stomach for 9 days in a row. I eventually went to my doctor for help and he recommended Zyban. Almost immediately it worked. Day 1 wasn't the best, but by day 4 I had the smoking habit licked. For me it is a miracle because I always thought that I would never beat it. But Zyban saved me. That was 12 years ago, I now know that under no circumstances will I ever smoke cigarettes again. I can' t thank the manufacturers or my doctor enough for my release of this evil addiction"

Ajax (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

"Ok, so I started taking Zyban about 2 weeks before my quit date. It helped me with cravings and also the anxiety, associated with not-smoking was gone. No side effects experienced."

Arsi (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

"Here it is the 11th day and I am not interested in a cig. Even after I ate. It's really weird because I don't have that anxious feeling I would get if I even went for an hour without. I lit one up today just to see if the nicotine would make me feel different. You know how it does after you've gone a long time without a cig, at a movie or or eating etc... I felt nothing. I can't explain how it's working but it makes me feel like I never was a smoker. I've been smoking for 30 years a pack and half a day! This medicine is freaking amazing!!"

Bill B (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

"Smoked 30 years. Took Zyban while smoking for a couple weeks and kind of just forgot that I ever smoked. Mentally it made me nauseous to even think of a cigarette. Never looked back. It's been 20 years and the funny thing is that while I could never smoke a cigarette, ( I've tried a couple times just for fun and YUK ) I can occasionally smoke a cigar. Not sure why but I will say, Zyban will kill cigarette addiction. Of course you can find reasons to start again but it will be very difficult after Zyban. Worked the same for my wife. Do It !!"

Hosey O'Grady (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

"I took Zyban in 2001. The first 10 days was fine, but once I started taking 2 a day I went into anyphalactic shock and also had a seizure, which then landed me in the hospital. I was 20 yrs old and had no previous history of seizures. Also, once the hives went away, and the prednisone and Benadryl wore off from being in the hospital, I still had skin sensitivity and seriously bad joint pain for almost 2 weeks. I know this is rare but be careful. Now, just to be safe, I tell Dr’s and pharmacists that I’m allergic to Wellbutrin/ buproprion/ Zyban."

Idohair36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

"Smoked 30 years Never thought I could ever quit! Tried this product recommended by my doctor Felt a bit high and forgetful a bit my general patience was less But after 1 month I have stopped using Zyban and have quit 100% Really is a miracle pill!!!!!"

Pauly (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

"Loved this product threw the cigarettes and pills away 2 weeks after starting. Best product ever it’s been 16 years for me."

Smokefree (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2018

"I smoked for about 20 years. I was up to two packs a day. My daughter was two, and I wanted to see her get married. I had to try something. I didn’t want to quit though, I loved smoking. Dr. prescribed two pills a day for eight days, one pill thereafter. After the eighth day, I filled my last pack with water. Through it out, and went to bed. In the morning it was like I never smoked in my life. No desire at all. Even the things that would normally set me off, didn’t matter. Amazing. Thank you to the makers of Zyban!"

Gary in powell, Ohio December 30, 2017

"So the drug works , I am 30 days smoke free . I only took zyban for 17 days and stoped taking it cuz I didn't feel myself . Also I was having trouble sleeping ."

Michalek6123 November 10, 2017

"Smoked a pack a day for 20 years, moved to Zyban after Champix gave me some seriously dark thoughts! After 4 days of taking the pills, my smokes tasted funny, after 6 days I realised that I was only smoking because of the habit so I just stopped. It's taken away all the anxiety in quitting smoking. I've had a few side effects, but they've actually been ok. My mood is better, I'm going to bed early, sleeping well and waking up early, I feel very focused and motivated too. The only negative side is that it's dried my skin a bit and I get dry-mouth but I'm drinking 2.5l of water per day to fix that. It makes me a bit forgetful too, but that's ok. It's an anti-depressant, so it won't be great for everyone but it worked well for me!"

Timbo1604 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

"I tried Zyban twice after smoking for about 20 years, a pack a day. The first time, I could feel my urge to smoke lessening, but after about a week on the medicine, one day I felt exhausted. I slept for 14 hours; the next day I woke up and felt so, so down and depressed. Since I had done my research prior to taking this, I knew what it was. I called a doctor, and stopped the medicine. A year later, I decided to try again. This time, I had no such thoughts. After about 5 days, I felt the urge to smoke going away, and on day 7, I lit one up, wondered why I was doing this, and put it out. Never looked back. I stayed on Zyban for about a year. That was two 1/2 years ago. No cravings. No cheating. Amazing."

A.E. Gnat October 4, 2017

"Pack a day for 20 years. Took zyban for a week then just smoked my last cigarette, threw anything smoke related into the trash and changed my thought patterns completely. Zyban is helpful but it's also a lot to do with your mindset. You have to WANT to stop. Give yourself a good reason and you won't smoke again. My suggestion is to keep taking the medication for a while, I completed a 3 month prescription and never bothered again. I can be around smokers, I can now see why non smokers HATE standing next to a smoker it is so amazing to have kicked this habit. Who cares if you used a pill, keep positive and change your lifestyle!"

Recoveredsmokaholic (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

"I quit in 1998 because of Zyban. I credit this drug for helping me kick a pack a day habit that I thought I would never kick. I was skeptical, but after 2 weeks taking it, I didn't get the rush from that first morning cigarette. I didn't feel like I needed that soothing wave of calmness smoking gave me when I was stressed. I didn't feel rewarded when I lit up anymore. Without the soothing effects, I was left with the bad parts of smoking, the taste and the smell. I quit and have never started again since. I have heard stories from friends that had weird trips on Zyban and they sound downright frightening. This did not happen to me thankfully."

Piggysmacks September 10, 2017

"I am suspicious of all these posts praising Zyban. I believe they're fake and paid for by Glaxo. This is not the place to tell my whole story but I will say this. This drug is a poison and it robbed me of over 10 years of my life. You do know it's BANNED in Europe. The most horrific experience of my life and I only took 3 pills! Beware. Beware. Beware. I think this is an toxic drug. DON'T TAKE IT."

HateZyban (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

"Okay, so I started taking this to assist me in quitting tobacco. You do have to WANT to quit but a lot of people have the effect where one day cigarettes taste like licking a dumpster. My brother quit overnight due to this effect alone. Now as for me I was hoping so bad that would happen it hasn't and I'm still smoking but I've cut back and now I realize this drug has made the nicking go away completely; now it is all habitual. My husband smokes so it's around.......he's going to quit next week. I went on a 7 hour airplane trip with my sleep deprived toddler. Absolutely no nicking; this drug is phenomenal in that way. I'm hoping the taste effect may still happen for me. I'm losing 6 lbs a week though. I do have GAD also."

TobaccoFreeGoals June 30, 2017

"I quit in 1997 using Zyban. The only problem I had was my hands shaking and I went to 1 pill per day vs. 2 and I was fine. I never looked back and was so grateful for this drug."

Hoppy mommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

"I'm taking Zyban SR 150mg twice a day. I started with once a day for 7 days on May 10 2017. So I've been on on it for 12 days. I have stopped smoking which is the goal for 3 days. Should I stop taking this medication soon? The side effects are overwhelming. I am flush, chest pain, bad taste in my mouth, sweats, nausea, head feels foggy, ears are pain with fullness feeling, constipated, and more. Will the side effects go away?"

Rosesarred (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

"I have only just got these. I can't swallow them- I did crush the first one ,I read you cannot do this I really want to try these I don't know whether to take them now "

Nicoooo123 April 7, 2017

"I started taking Zyban 4 weeks ago. I'm on the 12 week course of treatment. I've been smoking 17 years (started smoking at age 11) I'm now 28. I've tried quitting many times with patches and the gum and even tried the vape cigs. My quit date was March 16th and I have cravings but they don't bother me. It's weird but it's just like a quick thought that pops up and then you are like nope not today and its over with. The main side effect I've had is drowsiness. I've slept a lot. After I take my dose, I literally pass out and wake up hours later. Also, I feel drained, but I'm thinking these side effects may be my body going through withdrawal. I have felt a little nervousness here and there. Overall, it's been good."

Tater923 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

"I'm taking contrave which contains zyban. Immediately my cravings were dramatically reduced. I was completely shocked because I've been trying to quit for 30 years without success. I'd always get the most unbearable tension headaches and give up. Finally I asked my doctor for help and she prescribed this. It's been almost a month now and I've only smoked a few times. It tastes horrible now and I'm not craving them at all now unless I get really stressed out. But when I do, I don't enjoy it anymore. I encourage you to try it. If you get side effects reduce the dosage til your body adjusts. Increase very gradually. Hope this helps! Good luck!"

delraybeachfl March 18, 2017

"I went to my doctor and requested a totally different medication. Medication to give me energy which support my quitting and keep me from putting on weight. Well he decided to give me Zyban. Zyban gave me the energy I needed to exercise, stay alert, keep my mind off the cravings and eat a healthy diet. I lost weight on Zyban. After 2 weeks smoking with the medication I had my last smoke. The cravings were incredibly minimal. Yes I still thought about smoking and I still do. But the cravings were bearable. I could manage. They were easy! Zyban made me realise quitting smoking is easy and can be done. I urge you to try if you haven't before. No negative feedback what so ever on this drug."

exsmoker2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

"The first time I took Zyban was around 2004. I was on it for a week and I was amazed how it stopped the urge to smoke BUT the side effects were awful. I experienced anxiety and what felt like deep lows. I would wake up sobbing for no reason but at least I didn't feel like a cigarette! I'm in Australia and pretty sure that we take the same levels of 150mg twice a day"

Simon1511 March 11, 2017