User Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Depression
6.8

Summary of Wellbutrin SR reviews 7.1 107 reviews

Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

For Depression "I have found this medicine to be very good for me. I'm taking 150mg three times a day It has also helped me with losing some weight . My Klonopin works well with it"

MamaBear6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

For Depression " I feel the same way as someone else on here - super irritated and angry . Have ruminations of the past. I'm stopping it today. I have a mood disorder and this makes it bad. Plus I feel weepy too. I can deal with the depression until I find a better med."

Jo November 8, 2018

"I'm a teenage girl living with depression, anxiety and sensory processing disorder. Previous to wellbutrin, I was taking abilify for close to 5 years. I gained over 120 pounds on abilify within that time, and kept growing until I switched to wellbutrin. One thing I found detrimental was that even though abilify made me happy, I still had trouble with SPD (Sensory processing disorder) , anxiety and weight gain, which was in it's own way, making me worse mentally. So far it's been about a month and I've lost almost 10 kilos. 2 in the first week! I don't have the obsessive eating I had with abilify, nor do most of my SPD triggers bother me as much anymore. It's amazing. I wish I knew about it sooner."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

For Depression "I tried to get by on 150 mg of bupropion but was getting weepy over little things and decided to ask to up my dosage and I am now on 300 mg. (The other 150 mg in the evening). I went through waking in the night as well as during the day with all kinds of negative feelings and gut wrenching crying. I really didn’t have side effects...I stayed away from people because I knew I was not quite “right” and didn’t want to make a “fool” of myself as I knew my thinking was a little askewed. I just today—-24 days into the increase in medication felt a break through and feel like I have a new lease on life...it is like I was teetering on the edge and have now slipped over into normalcy..."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Depression "I recently had to move to a different city, and to find a new doctor. So, he took me off Clonazepam 0.5 for anxiety. Instead, he prescribed Wellbutrin 150 mg 2x to go with my Zoloft 100 mg. I've never taken Wellbutrin, so why did he put me on a high dose right away? I'm irritated at the slightest thing. Trying to get a new psychiatrist."

PTSD crazy (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Depression "Switched to Wellbutrin after being on zoloft for two years and it has been awful. I suffer from depression, PTSD and anxiety. Wellbutrin has made me extremely irritable and I'm constantly tired."

Ht1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "No libido-related side effects, as opposed to Fluoxetine and the like. Also, no serious insomnia-related side effects. Decent anti-depressant. No serious side-effects; moderate results."

AsD (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2018

For Depression "I started on 150 mg Sr for one week then went up to 300mg. At first I felt speedy which I loved , lots of energy I could clean for hours lol,and really weird in public like everyone was staring at me . After a month I'd say it settled a bit , my depression has gone totally. I was so negative before, I complained so much and started to cry in secret. It stopped completely and it works fast - I'd say immediately. Best thing for me was my life long issues with food, over eating and sugar binges just vanished. I couldn't believe It. I lost 5 kilos quickly, my appetite came back but still I don't binge on sugar. I have to watch what I eat but thank goodness I don't have the obsession with food anymore . Also stopped smoking after a few days and now I can't believe I ever smoked yuck . Over all it's a miracle drug that is life changing . I live in Egypt and its dirt cheap for 30 less then 5 dollars as its produced locally by Glaxo Smith Kline, Egypt ."

Chloelynne (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Depression "Took me 2 tries to get on it, first time I tried it, it sent me into a anxiety attack for the 3 days and had to stop. I think this was my own nerves though. Waited a couple months, then tried again. This time it went much better, the first 4 days had a lot of head fogginess & jitters, but otherwise not too bad. After that, suddenly I felt much better! My mood improved a bit, I had much more energy (I wasn't getting that mid-day crash anymore), and I was getting less headaches. But the cons of it were constipation, mild moodiness, and anxiety in the evening and towards going to sleep for some reason . Not a terrible experience, but ended up being a bit too much for me to handle as a full time student."

byn January 16, 2018

For Depression "I've been taking this medication off and on for quite a few years and I have mixed feelings about it. If you want lots of energy this is the stuff to take. If you have OCD or an anxiety disorder you might want to pair this with some Effexor or Zoloft. I'm still in the process of figuring out a dose that works good for me. I'm on 450mg xl and 75mg Effexor xl. If you want to drink alcohol keep it to a minimum preferably no more than 3 beers I personally find that it reduces my desire to drink and I'm also going to ask doctor about taking Contrave which is 300 mg Wellbutrin and 12.5 mg Naltrexone for weight loss (Thanks Effexor)"

mihulka3 January 15, 2018

For Depression "I started taking 100mg XL in October for my depression. For the first 3 weeks I kind have just felt the same. Then I was moved up to 200mg SR and that’s when I started noticing a change about 4 weeks in. It reduced a lot of my depression along with my 10/10 anxiety. After 3 weeks, I started 300 mg SR and I definitely noticed a change. I had a lot more energy, starting doing things I once enjoyed, and did better in my college classes. With weight loss, I lost 16 pounds after the first 2 weeks of taking the 300mg SR. Overall, wellbutrin has worked so well for me and has helped reduced my depression and anxiety. 10/10"

Kayyyyyyyy January 8, 2018

For Depression "I like this medication but sometimes I feel angrier than I should be. I’m very quick to snap sooooo IDK if it’s this medicine or what"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Depression "I just started taking a very small dose of Wellbutrin and will be gradually increasing. It is being prescribed for major depression and anxiety. For the past 2 years when I wake up in the morning it's usually quickly followed by a terrible anxiety that usually goes away but can take a few hours to do so. Anyone else experience this morning anxiety?"

Astig2410 (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2017

For Depression "I have been on 150mg of Welbutrin SR for a little over 2 years. If I could go back and do it over again I never would have started taking it in the first place. It wasn't until I was taking the medication for about 4 months that I really started noticing hair loss. It slowly started to get worse. On top of that I noticed ringing in my ears. The first few months were great, I had more energy energy, I lost weight, and I felt great. I have been trying to wean myself off of Welbutrin, however it's been extremely difficult because of the horrible withdrawal symptoms. Even tapering off a little has been extremely difficult. I wish I would have done more research on the side effects and possible withdrawal symptoms."

Maureen S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

For Depression "Dopamine and norepinephrine are two major brain chemicals in the feelings of romantic love. Serotonin (key in SSRIs) actually suppresses dopamine and inhibits feelings. This dopamine and norepinephrine (a stimulant) reuptake inhibitor can help and and DRIVE without sexual side effects, weight gain, and apathy caused by SSRIs. Often prescribed with an SSRI to counteract side effects of it. Also it is reported to have few side effects (unless you suffer from a seizure disorder that is). I recommend this over an SSRI or in addition to one."

JokerRose September 3, 2017

For Depression "I tried so hard to stay on bupropion 150SR for my Depression and BPD but I just couldn't . I lasted 10 days on it, It gave me a weird headspace ie: negative thoughts and bad memories from the past ... I kept telling myself to persevere but I just couldn't aside from the chronic constipation it caused . I will always wonder now what would have happened had I stuck it out for 4 to 6 weeks . Just felt too weird and disoriented on it. Thanks for reading my comment and if anyone had a similar experience, please share. Thanks"

Janey13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

For Depression "The Wellbutrin XL gave me severe constipation and headaches, but the SR is working well. I have only been on it for 2 weeks and I notice a improvement in my moods, daily sleepiness and it has NOT decreased my sex drive. Prozac worked well for me also, but it just killed the sex drive and at my age that wasn't acceptable. (38). I feel myself eating less and hopefully it may lead to a few pounds weight loss."

sun78 May 24, 2017

For Depression "Much better with the SR but it still needed to be coupled with another med"

N2jzblue (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

For Depression "This medicine has been the best at treating my depression. I've tried Prozac, Pristiq, Effexor and Trintellix and Wellbutrin's stimulating properties are what have made this drug so effective for me. Every other antidepressant I've been on has made me feel drugged, zoned out and tired. Probably the best out of all the other antidepressants I tried was Effexor, but even then it triggered what I know believe to have been manic episodes. Sad thing is that this drug is no longer effective for me after 3 years."

RonaldRoggie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2017

For Depression "I have been on Wellbutrin for about four months. I can definitely say that it works very well. My symptoms before taking it were: mood swings, constant fatigue, irritable, very low to nonexistent sex drive & not able to finish anything I started. My first two weeks on Wellbutrin I had a rough go with side effects. Side effects were: couldn't sleep. Heavy/tight chest which resulted in a panic attack. Itchy palms & feet. I wanted so bad to stop taking it but Very glad I didn't. I feel great now and have lost 15lbs. The Sex drive has come back full force. Advice: take benadryl those first few weeks to help you sleep. Best choice I have made was asking my doctor for help."

Wife&Mom1 February 7, 2017

For Depression "I stopped taking effexor after being on it for five years. Worked great but it was keeping me up at night, had to skip a dose to have a decent sleep. So I reduced to the lowest dosage before completely going off with the help of my doctor, in the hopes I didn't need anti depressants anymore. Was ok for a few weeks and boom, super depressed, suicidal, the works. So I was prescribed wellbutrin and mirtazepine for sleep. The wellbutrin worked right away and mirtazepine was great for sleep. But it only worked well for a few months. Started redeveloping social anxiety, panic attacks, fits of rage, suicidal thoughts and all that fun stuff. I went to a new doctor and he basically told me that wellbutrin isn't good for anxiety lol. Good to know!"

Sean_c January 22, 2017

For Depression "Started taking this for depression when I was 17 (16 years ago). After about a week, I had a massive panic attack that lasted for 2 days straight and I've had a panic disorder ever since. Medication destroyed my life."

Nic84 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

For Depression "My doctor started me on a very low dose of this (100mg). I have anxiety, depression, and (a questionable diagnosis, pending review) of bipolar disorder. The first day I took this I had a full blown panic attack. My heart was racing so fast and I was experiencing pretty bad chest pain and heaviness, so much so that I called the office and they wanted me to stop taking it and go to the ER to have an EKG done. I stopped taking it for about 2 weeks, but wasn't ready to give up on it - big mistake. So I went back on it for 3 days. Each day I had elevated heart rate, and felt anxious all day long. I was EXTREMELY irritable to the point of rage, my ENTIRE face broke out with painful cystic acne I'd never had before - basically over night. Skip!"

Brvvkelindsey January 7, 2017

For Depression "I credit Wellbutrin for my life. Started taking 150mg Wellbutrin SR 15 years ago to combat the sleepy side effect of prozac (taken for depression). About a year later I dropped the Prozac (because of sexual side effects). the Wellbutrin is enough to keep me normal. Over the 14 years I have tried 1: The no name brand (almost a disaster- made me sleepy & more depressed-fortunately i figured it out before getting suicidal) 2: The name brand long acting version- again made me sleepy and more depressed. 3. Took 2 by accident once or twice- ok until it wears off, then withdrawal feeling/depressed. 4. Sometimes I take one in the afternoon (when I am unemployed and more depressed) this works pretty well provided I take it before 3pm- or keeps me awake."

FemalethatLovesToBuild (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2016

For Depression "Seeing that most anti depressants take time to actually build up in your system before sustained relief occurs, I have begun taking it and thankfully have felt a decrease with many adverse symptoms of my depression. Sex drive and focus has slowly begun to amp up and I feel more at ease consistantly. I personally have had a good experience on this med. Good luck on your quests for sustained relief."

Cool guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016