User Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Learn more about Wellbutrin SR.

Major Depressive Disorder 17 reviews 46 medications

7.8
Depression 57 reviews 79 medications

7.1
Summary of Wellbutrin SR reviews 74 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

For Major Depressive Disorder "I hated this medication. It gave me insomnia, I was agitated and fidgety all the time. I was on it for 3 days and noticed I couldn't handle it. I was on for 200mgs per day. In order for me to sleep I had to take 10mgs of melatonin. I was good prior to being on antidepressants. I was also shuddering and had tremors."

Aschaufsa August 23, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been takining Wellbutrin for a month and only seen a slight improvement. I see the md in the am and going to ask for an increase in dosage. Currently I take 75mg once a day. I am sensitive to medications and the md wanted to start low and go slow. Hopefully with the increase it will help out. I rated it 7 because the only side effect that I experienced was a headache"

Katolove August 8, 2016

For Depression "I rated it a 5 because I felt for me it was 50/50. Tomorrow will have been only my 5th day taking the generic version (bupropion SR), but I am making today the last one. I was prescribed only 150mg once a day. The first 3 times I took it, it worked wonderfully. I experienced a handful of side effects that were super mild, but I felt great. I felt energized and positive. Today on the other hand, about two hours after I took my dose, I was hunched over the toilet almost throwing up with bad stomach pain in addition to the nausea. I never threw up. I have ZERO appetite and no energy and a bad sharp pain in my upper stomach. I feel totally disconnected from my body."

Missy97404 July 30, 2016

For Depression "I'm not usually one to publicly review medications, but I really feel the need to with this one. I have been clinically depressed for about 6 years. I have tried Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, and Effexor. Trial and error is really a bummer when you want to get well and you have little to no relief. I am now on a mix of 300 mg of Wellbutrin SR and 100 mg of Zoloft and love it! The first week or two I experienced some nausea (the traditional side effect) that had me down for the count for a few days, but I stuck with it. My only complaint after about 4 months of use is the insomnia, but that's nothing melatonin can't fix. So, if you've tried every SSRI/SNRI under the sun, I totally recommend trying Wellbutrin."

rillmad July 27, 2016

For Depression "I would like to let folks know that there is help out there. I used to pride myself on the fact that I wasn't on any medication until my depression got so bad that I didn't enjoy anything. I finally broke down and cried in my Doctors office. It was embarrassing for me to ask for help. She put be on bupropion at 150 mg 2X a day. It helped a little but I still wasn't feeling the best. In my follow up appointment a month after starting it she upped my dose to 450mg a day. What a difference. I don't hate my job and life anymore. I am getting all kinds of things done that I had no interest in 2 months ago. I would recommend this to anyone that has trouble with depression and had a bad experience with an SSRI antidepressant."

bupropion July 23, 2016

For Depression "Hello Everyone, I took wellbutrin 150 mg once a day, along side with zoloft (200mg) and atenolol (50mg) - the wellbutrin worked well for the first four days, but then i suddenly began to plummet. instead of feeling energized like everyone else in these reviews i began to feel restless, drowsy and dizzy. Even worse, i noticed my blood pressure was going up. By the third week of taking this medication my head was pulsing, i had a couple bad headaches, diarrhea, and nausea . I could not take the side effects anymore because i was experiencing almost every negative side effect. If you are sensitive to caffeine, this drug may not be for you. it felt similar to caffeine which i am sensitive to."

epikblue22 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

For Depression "I started taking 150 mg twice a day, and I started feeling a difference since day 1, the very first night I woke up in the middle of the night agitated because a very vivid dream and they only got worse as days went by to the point I could not differentiate dreams with reality and having a lot of trouble to wake up, during the day I was feeling hopeful again and started doing things I had stopped doing but on day 7 approx I had a major panic attack at work feeling like choking due to lack of oxigen and started hyperventilating which I had never experienced before in my life so long story short I ended up in ER that night, even though the paramedics suggested it was gonna go away by itself I still wanted to be checked out, horrible experience"

Alejandro618 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took zoloft for anxiety and depression. Helped with anxiety but didn't touch the depression. So I started taking wellbutrin SR and now I'm at 150 mg all together per day. I'm glad because I don't think about suicide but I can't be fully happy and hopeful yet. Getting there though."

kendrah198907 December 26, 2015

For Depression "I started this after talking to my doctor about how I was scared to gain weight with an antidepressant (I gained 15 pounds on Zoloft). This medicine made me feel crazy! I took it for 2 weeks, and every day I felt like there was a brick on my eyes/head. I felt like I was going to have a seizure any moment (no I've never had one, I just felt like I was going to). I was sensitive to light, and couldn't see when I was driving at night. It was awful!!! I'm on Prozac now and seem to be doing ok :)"

Txmama (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Depression "I started taking it about 3 weeks ago at the 150mg dose for depression. First week I felt very little change but that was actually a plus as many antidepressants I have tried have made me feel physically terrible and mentally kind of.. Sketchy? But with wellbutrin I only had minor headaches when smoking (not surprising considered its original use was as a cessation aid) and some very vivid dreams. At this point I am really starting to feel a change; random weeping down to once this past week rather than every damn day; starting to feel hopeful about the future again, showing more interest in my past hobbies, feeling grateful. Only downside is it has really increased my acne, so I had to step up my skincare game."

Sadbethddd December 10, 2015

For Depression "Nothing short of life changing! I started taking for depression and anxiety, have never tried anything else. Found that I needed to take with meals to avoid jitters and make sure I took second dose before 4pm to avoid sleep issues. Very mild constipation, stools just seem harder. The good part- I don't feel medicated at all. I don't cry all the time anymore. I started to notice that I was actually enjoying life and events. I completely stopped needing alcohol and/or food to fill an emotional void. It was amazing for me what this change in outlook did for my sex life - I want sex regularly and hang ups I used to have disappeared. Caution - one generic manufacturer did not work at all. Use only brand or Sandoz!"

Sunrise11 December 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking zoloft for 6 months and it wasn't enough and making me tired. Great for anxiety. So my doctor added wellbutrin. So far I've been taking half of a 1/4 th of a 150mg tablet. It has helped. I know I'm not feeling the best I have but life has been way more tolerable. I'm going to up my dose and I'm sure I'll feel even better. Best of luck to anyone trying this. Didn't notice side effects either."

kendrah198907 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was taking 300mg every day the generic for years along with zanex for anxiety. My dr upped the dosage to 450mg every day. I just got the name brand and it's completely different!!!! My life has new meaning the generic is not half as good. I no longer need the zanex and have no problems going out or living my life now. This medication ( name brand Welbutrin) should be available to anyone that needs it. The generic is horrible loaded with side effects shaking, headache, nausea, and extream bouts of anxiety that do not occur with the name brand!!! I am shocked the generic for this medication is permitted to mascrade as the equivalent is not even close!!!"

Lori0268 November 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "A noticeable difference between the brand and generic (buproprion). Started out with brand years ago. I was no longer stuck in bed avoiding life. I could concentrate, no impulsive decision-making or stuck with indecision. Interested in life again, getting out, and lost 40lbs w/in the first year. Then insurance changes meant getting generic. I thought, "no big deal, I take generic for everything". I soon found myself overpowered by MDD symptoms again while still taking an AD. Dr mentioned switching to generic was likely the problem. I've since found lots of FDA/med research/similar experiences. Thankfully, I'm back on brand doing good, it wasn't just all in my head. There really is a BIG difference."

Srw24 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on 150mg 2x daily and became increasingly jittery, like too much caffeine, also more anxious, depressed and irritable, it felt like bad speed, just didn't work for me.. I just started on Citalopram hoping that will help anxiety and depression."

sunny57 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Struggled with MDD and Gen. Anxiety Dis. And self harming habits. Wellbutrin has changed my life. It's definitely a noticeable chemical adjustment for the first few weeks. Once I adjusted though, it was a miracle. I'm calm, don't have anger or outbursts, no anxiety, NO obsessive thoughts or ruminating. I haven't been depressed in over 3 months and I started Wellbutrin in Feb. of 2015. I've had no side effects besides the first few weeks. You will feel very weird for two weeks. Stick with it. No weight fluctuations, dry mouth went away, no sexual side effects and I have more energy but I don't feel artificially stimulated (you will for about a month though) I give this medicine a 10. My doctor says I'm textbook MDD. Runs heavy in my family"

Cloud980 August 13, 2015

For Depression "Was having some anxiety and depression issues due to many life factors. Was told that Wellbutrin would be a good option and that it was fairly mild. The first few days had the euphoric feeling everyone talks about, but this ended in 2-3 days. After that anger kicked in to the point where I was taking walks at 1am to calm down and relax. From there the weirdness kicked in. A feeling that's hard to describe but life got very flat. Didn't feel anything, just flat. I felt like I had a lobotomy or something. At a party last week a friend asked if I was stoned as I looked out of it. Then I forgot to take it one day and I felt great that day, joy, emptions, had fun. I then took it the next day and felt horrible. Cold turkey and happy, not for me"

Steve no like Wellbutrin July 31, 2015

For Depression "For ME it was awful. I was on this pill for 7 days. I went to the doctor today because my heart was beating so fast on these pills and I was paranoid, anxious, shaking, and very very Bit**y. I thought I was having a heart attack at work I was crying, it was awful. I went to the doctor and I couldn't get words out. My pulse was 115 and blood pressure was high (never ever is) it just shot up. The doctor said I was having a panic attack and that it is due to the medication. She took me off it and for the next 5 days I am on LORAZEPAM 0.5MG (sedative to calm me down - take it at night) and switching me back to sertaline. This was the worst experience of my life. I thought I was going to end up in the ER or dead."

Monica1979 July 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked really well for a time.... then life events happened. I might try something else. Everyone is a little different."

Katherys88 July 18, 2015

"I absolutely love this medication. I have been taking it for a week and I am not sad, agitated or unfocused. It does cause me to experience some stomach upset but that is offset by the burst of energy I have been experiencing. I love it."

LovelyM July 8, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin for 2 weeks and I don't really feel any better. I notice weight gain and more irritability than usual. I've read that I must be patient and continue taking it and I should see improvement after about a month. I took this years ago and it was the reason I was able to quit smoking. My wife called it the happy pill because she saw a big difference in my mood. So far it's not having the same affect it did 15 yrs ago. I do like that I am not having any other side affects. My sex drive is still good and I think my anxiety has improved somewhat. I'm on 100 mg a day and I take it first thing in the morning."

Coasty July 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wasn't for me. It caused irritability and anxiety with no help with depression symptoms. I was on 150mg 2x/d."

be2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin sr 150 mg for depression and anxiety. I was very hesitant to try another medication after negative experiences with other meds. I knew however that I needed more help than therapy alone, so I decided to give wb a try. Initially, I had some insomnia, nausea, headaches, and severe light sensitivity. However, these effects passed and were mild compared to how much better I felt. Within 4wks i had more energy, felt less anxious, and the depression started to lift. I felt focused, peaceful, and content. All was well until about two months ago when some anxiety resurfaced (exams). Doctor tried to increase dosage, but the side effects were terrible. So i remain on 150 mg, but still feel much better then my pre-wb days."

It'll get better (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For Depression "I started at 100mg and the first few weeks I felt really amazing for the first time in my life. After the fourth week or so, I switched to the 150mg because I had found that the initial euphoria had worn off and I thought that it had lost its efficacy. The higher dose was too strong for me so I switched back and have been on the 100mg since. I do not have the same dark cycles that I used to, and though I still feel depressed at times, it is not nearly as often as before, and the episodes are manageable. I am not feeling chronic hopelessness nor paranoid or defensive. It does not feel like I am 'medicated' while on this. I am not experiencing many side effects (just more intense dreams, and some minor constipation)."

yesteryear (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily for a month now and the only thing that I've noticed is I'm extreme exhaustion about an hour after I take it. It's quite disheartening after reading so many positive reviews about this drug. My doctor recommended giving it more time to take effect but I'm losing hope."

gigglesquirt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015