User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Learn more about Nicotine.

Smoking Cessation 122 reviews 18 medications

8.5
Summary of Nicotine reviews 122 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Nicotine

For Smoking Cessation: "Using this product (Lozenge) after trying Chantax as that led to nausea within 20 minutes or less . A starter program of phone calls and follow up along with the 2 mg lozenges has ended a 50 + year smoking problem Rather than using lozenges as a object to suck on I found you actually place between cheek and gum has worked best . A real slow dissolving rate and a good use of fewer lozenges over a period of time . I now use about 3 lozenges in a 24 hour period or less -have been using them over extended time though so need to wean self completely from them I have tried the cherry flavored as well as mint and use a generic version of the 2 mg ."

Coke in MN October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I used Nicoderm patch and it helped a lot, I smoked and use hookah pens for over 10 years and wanted to quit because of my health. I was smoke free for 1 year, then I had a major emotional break down and went back to smoking. Now I'm on the patch again and its been a week and I' have no cravings for cigarettes or hookahs, unless I'm driving or after eating but it quickly passes over. I most definitely will recommend the patches!!!"

5ftFine (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I started smoking when I was 10 and started drinking when I was 15. I continued to smoke and drink and dope until I was 27 at which time I became a Christian and quit all three vices cold turkey. I believe I was able to do that because of my faith in the Lord. Due to a lot of pressures in my life, at age 34, I returned to all three vices once again. At age 44, I returned to my faith and wanted to quit again, I was coughing and easily became short of breath. I was able to quit for short periods of time, smoking more than not. At 49 I relapsed again and was doing all three. Then on 11-11-11, I quit drinking and doping, and shortly thereafter I quit smoking with the help of nicotine patches and I've been sober and smoke free ever since. 8-17"

In Him August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I am using these to quit vaping. I cannot believe how effective they are! I barely even think about vaping. I smoked heavily for 10 years, and vaped heavily for 5 years. I still have that muscle memory of wanting to pick up my mod and it not being there, or getting ready to leave the house and not having to grab it. Those things you can't help, but I have almost zero cravings. When I do it's because of triggers like after eating and when driving and it passes quickly. I tried the gum and for me it didn't work at all like not even a little bit. I would recommend Nicoderm to anyone that's ready to quit!"

ABC789123 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The patches work great. No itching or other side effects to my skin. Only downfall to the product is the patches are not waterproof & come off after being exposed to water. Plus even after washing my skin with alcohol, I still need to put tape over the patch to keep on for the day. Great product otherwise."

ohiojoe (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation: "I recently started the patch. I was doing great for the first four days but on the fifth day I woke up with a horrible thought of killing myself. I was so scared that I removed the patch."

Tried to quit (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Commit (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Commit is the only one that worked for me. I've been smoke-free for 13 years now! It works!!!!"

Steenie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "4 years ago I decided to quit smoking. I bought the patch step 1. The 1st week on the patch I smoked maybe 2 cigarettes. After that I was done. My only issue now (4 years later) is that I'm still on the patch. I'm addicted to the patch. I cut it in half and put it on every morning. It's an expense I can live without, but if I don't use it, I'm a mess. I feel unfocused, tired, hungry. I guess it's a healthier addiction than smoking, but not sure what I'm doing to my body."

CatherineM1314 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Have been on the patches step 1 for a week today. I smoked almost 2 packs a day for 31 years. Tried to quit many times. This is by far the best and easier way. Sometimes they don't stick but I use a band-aid over it to make them stick. The bad cravings are gone it's just the habit left. So glad I tried the patches!!!"

Crabby too March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "This gum does as it says, helps stop the cravings. I just traded one addiction for another, and am highly addicted to the gum. I would seek help from other places, as this is even more expensive than smoking! I notice that when I chew a lot of it, my heart races and get light headed upon standing. This medication can't be good long term, so please be careful."

Anonymous 247 March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicotrol NS (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I most often used only when I want that cigarette in the morning I keep busy and focus on my health I use my spray 8 times a day. I use rubber bands on wrist when urge comes to smoke because I don't want to depend on spray, light exercise and walks where smoking isn't allowed. my house doesn't smell like smoke, my clothes do cause I can't wash them all at once I can breathe better. believe believe believe"

Mamakatskitzo March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been using step one of the patch for 4 weeks out of both boxes I have lost 3 patches that didn't stay in place after placement. I followed the instructions however they still came off. These are not cheap and being on a fixed income it frustrates me especially when you can not inform the very company that produces the product. Other then that they have been effective."

frustrated fixed income February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I will say this about the patch. It work for me. We're there side effects? yes. A small bit of bruising and a small rash.I was willing to put up with those side effects because I did not have one craving for a cigarette. I was very happy with the program and have remained smoke free for three years boxing day passed."

Trapskiffer February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The Nicoderm CQ Patch in my opinion worked great. I've been smoking for over 19 years. I've tried before (cold turkey) & (Pregnancy), but always went back. I smoked up to 1.5 packs a day. I made the most life changing choice Dec 2016 to stop smoking. I researched the patches and was very leary, because of my withdrawal symptoms.I decided to try Nicoderm CQ patches. I completed the whole 3 step 10 week program without 1 slip!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now be aware that you will experience a slight burning Itching sensation when you first apply the patch(last about 1 min). Also sometime the patch will not stay on, just simply apply a bandaid over it. Thats about it. I would recommend this product. Works GREAT!!"

LONDASLOVE (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for years, including several when I was already taking Buproprion for depression. Tried patches, Nicorette brand made me witchy, generics worked better, but still itchy-twitchy & restless. Gum was good, but still had peaks & troughs. Inhaler seemed to deliver nicotine more effectively, but still had "mud brain" from the lack of nicotine. Hit it down the middle by using a very low dose patch to keep serum levels steady and suppressing urges with the inhaler. Probably wouldn't have tried the inhaler if my insurance had not covered it and if I had not received the cheapest, most ineffective patches the first time around from Walgreen's. Combo therapy works. Try it!"

Good kind of Quitter (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "My only regret is not trying this sooner! Could not have done it without the patches. Thank you so much for helping me quit! Officially a non smoker after 35 years!! I will never smoke again!! NEVER!"

Valstone February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm 22, and have been smoking for about 4 years. This year, my smoking increased to about half a pack a day for a few months. I knew I was smoking too much. I was having trouble catching my breath and couldn't work out. I knew it was time to quit. I've tried vaping and e cigarettes, nothing worked, but I needed my nicotine fix or else I would get anxious. One day I woke up and decided to go to the store and get the patch. I started with step 2. I have NO regrets. I've been cigarette free for 7 days and I can't see myself going back."

ashley718 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I am 45 years old now and I was able to quit after 27 years with the help of the nicoderm cq patch. It was a struggle but the patches did enough to keep me from finding a cigarette. I am now smoke free for 2 years and enjoy not smelling like a dirty ashtray and can breathe much easier. Thanks for your product nicoderm cq."

B R (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I am 65 years old and have smoked since I was 16, I've been on the patch for two weeks. I have cravings daily but jeeez I smoked 49 years. I am committed to quit smoking and have no intentions failing. The cravings I have are easy to work through, I find something to occupy my mind for a few minutes. My plan is to use the patch for one month and after that my Dr. and I have worked it out for me to go on Chantix for however long necessary. I have also cut back on my consumption of beer and coffee and at has helped a lot. Good luck to all and stay strong."

huck52 January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Commit (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Commit really works if you want to stop smoking. The cons are: stinging or burning at first which goes away; heartburn definitely if you use them frequently; gas. The major CON is COMMIT REALLY ARE ADDICTIVE THEMSELVES! Considering that we are dealing with an addict in the first place....we will use Commit constantly. I have a lozenger in my mouth constantly. ...even while sleeping! There has to be a better way. Trying to go down to the 2mg lozenger and use according to the directions. Certainly don't think of cigarettes. Hate them now. Have been on Commit since 2003. Have bad heartburn and ulcers. Concerned about effect on my red blood cells."

Nurscat (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicotrol NS (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I would like to offer my personal experience of the nicotine nasal spray as I think potential users should be aware of the harsh reality of this product and the dangers of using this product. I do not think that anywhere in the internet provides a full and comprehensive review of this particular product. This product while satisfying the urges of nicotine withdrawal, has major potential to make the user dependent on the nasal spray. While the desire to smoke generally disappears, the addiction and dependence is on the spray. It is replacing one evil with another in my opinion. The spray has terrible side effects, which again are not fully disclosed anywhere on the internet in my opinion. I will go through the side effects: 1. Severe congestion unlike anything experienced with other NRT products. The spray causes chest and lung congestion as well as nasal congestion. Catarrh becomes immediate as soon as the spray is used. Even by using just one small spray in one nostril. Combatting the congestion becomes a daily chore and nightmare. Relying on cough medicines such as Guaifenesin, Actifed tablets - because the congestion and catarrh is so severe that it inhibits breathing. And sudafed nasal spray to unblock the nose. Again, a blocked nose is experienced immediately after just one spray in the nostril. 2. Immediately after using the spray, the catarrh is so bad that one must either spit it out in a sink or continuously carry tissues with them. Runny nose is a constant - immediately after using the spray but also some time after using the spray. Constantly having to wipe the nose results in skin chafing around the nasal passage area and outside the nostrils and in the worst case, bleeding around the nose. Resulting in again - having to constantly apply cream around the affected area. 3. Perhaps the most severe and the most concerning - nose bleeds. Although some have reported that this only happens when they start using the spray, it is possible that nose bleeds continue on and off throughout the time of using the spray. Nose bleeds causes by irritation from the spray. Imagine a chemical that is so harsh and severe that it causes bleeding. This is shocking. However, the addiction and dependency on this spray becomes so uncontrollable and so strong that one persists with the spray despite nose bleeds. 4. The psychological effects of this spray is another area that has been under reported. Although the spray provides an immediate sense of satisfaction and indeed 'stimulation' as nicotine after all is a powerful stimulant, and in through the nasal passage it is absorbed at high speed of course, thus the effects of this are compelling and indeed enticing. However. The effects only last a few seconds. And then it goes. Leaving one wanting more and more of the spray. As a result the more one takes the less effective the spray becomes. It is a vicious and dangerous cycle. Psychologically one ends up in a state where they are very anxious and worry about where their next 'fix' will come from. And what will happen if they don't have a spray, or run out of the spray in the middle of the night or find themselves in a place where the spray isn't available. The spray one the one hand definitely does stop smokers from smoking cigarettes and is probably the most effective NRT product in that sense, but creates a whole new set of anxieties that did not exist to this extent before. This psychological area needs to be further explored and served as a warning. 5. The cost of the spray is extortionate, especially when compared to other NRT products. In the U.K. The price of the spray is around "

WARNING:NICOTINE NASAL SPRAY (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "This did not work for me at all... I used it whenever I wanted a cigarette, so I didn't ever get rid if the nicotine addiction. Complete waste of time and money."

Ricky F. December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Let me first say that I really enjoyed smoking! I smoked a pack a day from the time I was 16 yrs old to age 41. Never thought I could or would EVER stop smoking. Until I experienced cramping in my " right" arm, felt like a constant charlie horse. Decided I did not want to have a stroke at age 41. It only took about 2 1/2 months to never want to light up again. Using this nic. inhaler....I did it! So wonderful not to be controlled by an addiction! Please give this a try...to stay on earth a bit longer for your loved ones! Blessed in Maine! You CAN do it!"

Poof/ Female (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation: "Nicobate is rubbish. Nicotill works."

Garth72 November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Don't know how good they r as they wont stick for more than 3 are 4 hrs ...."

Bamma boy (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016