User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Learn more about Nicotine.

Smoking Cessation 92 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Nicotine reviews 92 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Nicotine

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Day 6 today using Nicoderm CQ and I have to say I am very pleased. Since the first , day I don't feel the urge to smoke... now don't get me wrong.. the "want" is still there but the "need" is gone. I don't feel irritated, or anxious and I can make it through the day without a headache. I have been smoking for a little over 12 yrs and have tried and failed at quitting before. This patch has been (so far) the best quitting tool I've used. I highly recommend this product if your serious about quitting. I feel amazing and I am very happy with how this has been working for me so far. You Got This!!!"

Anonymous September 25, 2016

Commit (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Commit are the ONLY thing that ever enabled me not to smoke. Patches, gum, hypnosis - totally useless. First day I took Commit I was over cigs. The prob is that Commit are HIGHLY addictive - as bad as cigs. I found myself later sometimes buying a pack of cigs to take a break from Commit! I used Commit for 12 years. Never was without one in my mouth during waking hrs. I would eat meals with one in my mouth, it was that bad. Recent surgery required I get 100 % off nicotine or DIE, and that finally did it, now I'm out. Commit will get you to stop smoking cigs but then you need a plan to stop Commit too. Don't be fooled, Commit is an addictive drug"

Tost (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm amazed at how successful this patch was for me to quit smoking!!! I've tried several times but failed after 3days on each attempt. I swore I would quit when I turned 50 and I'm proud to say that I HAVE!!! Been smoking since I was 17, had a terrible cough, HBP and smelled terrible. I feel so much better, breathing better and the cough is GONE! HBP is down to normal and I can socialize with my nonsmoking friends without guilt of having that stench! I started Step 1 for two weeks and Step 2 for two weeks... Currently on Step 3 with absolutely NO DESIRE for a cigarette!! I'm telling everyone I know that smokes to try NICODERM bcuz IT WORKS!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm 7months pregnant and was smoking 1 pack a day. I have smoked for 26 years and was Not happy with what I was doing to our baby,so I went to my doctor and pleaded to her to help me quit. My doctor helped me by putting me on the Nicorette inhalator. Wow I'm not even craving fag and feel a lot better. On cloud nine at the moment and it's been only 2 days without fags. Love it. X no side effects."

Chicken 2016 uk June 18, 2016

ProStep (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "It worked to help me stop chewing tobacco, only issue I had was it requires a spot that was hairless "

Jd2james June 15, 2016

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Patches always fell off and gum tastes like Tabasco mixed with ashes... but I tried nicotrol and made it 6 weeks and was fine... it was like not even trying and I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs for 18+ years. I also love how they know how smokers are so they have the case etc to make it easy and no stupid vape crap. I keep the 3rd month just in case but never touched it and ended up tossing it... The key is you want to quit and not others forcing you and YOU are ready then try this since it comes a month at a time and I spent 50 a month which was what a week used to be.. so no reason not to try since 2009 I been smoke free and I watch people who do want to quit struggle vaping and never quit. use this and save your lungs/money"

Johndoelost June 11, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Hello all I'm 26 years old I been smoking since I was 18, idk why or how just picked it up to look kool, now at 26 after many chest pains anxiety attacks and stomach aches and I know 100000% it was me smoking which was causing me all those things! It's been now 1 full week and after many nicotine gums hookah pens all of that I can honestly say this Patch is a blessing ! I have not had anxiety from not smoking not one chest pain this patch is amazing !! Works wonders I started on step 2! I highly recommend this to anybody who wants to stop smoking! It's also will power everybody ! Good luck save your body while you can!"

Blessing4u (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have smoked for about 11 years. Quit cold turkey with each of my 3 pregnancies and had no issue. For some reason about 3-4 weeks after giving birth I was back to a pack a day. I tried the gum but didn't have success. It doesn't last in my system long enough and when a craving struck I couldn't pick up the gum, I picked up the car keys to get to the nearest gas station for a pack of smokes! So I decided to try the patch since it is a continuous stream of nicotine I thought maybe this would work better. I have zero physical symptoms. I still get that "oh, I need a smoke now" feeling but am better able to say no to it. I honestly didn't think it would work but it does! And the itching is unbearable! But only lasted about an hour for me."

Long time on-off smoker May 17, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Quit smoking for almost 6 years and one day out of no where, and for no reason, i was CRAVING a cigarette and wasn't long until I was back up to a pack a day :( every pack I bought, every cigarette I smoked made me feel so gross, yet my mind kept telling me I needed it. Opted to try the patch, free with my health insurance. Just finished my first day and it was pretty smooth, stressful at work and hung out with a co worker on lunch while she smoked and I was almost gagging! Icky icky icky! But not once did I want to smoke! I'm confident it is working, its the CVS brand and it sticks pretty well. Took it off to shower and popped it right back on, after reading reviews and going through the information insert, I'm worried about sleeping and having weird dreams lol hopefully it wont be too bad, small price to pay as opposed to continuing to smoke. I do have moments where I go into auto pilot and I reach for a pack that isn't there and I think "oh yea I don't smoke" and I just go back to what I was doing. Last time I quit, I went through a few weeks of really bad anxiety and I haven't had any episodes or any feelings of anxiety. Just waiting for time to pass. :) will be on step 1 for 6 weeks and down to step 2 for 4 weeks, and step 3 for 1 week I think. Tomorrow I need to spray my car down cuz the smell makes me sick to my stomach! Excited to smell good again!"

jayperse (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I tried it and I found that you could cheat with the product but I finally decided to give it all up. I have been smoke-free for 16 years now and enjoy smelling and tasting the real things in life. I don't miss smoking at all and I was a pack a day or more."

Bro D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2016

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Haven't started using it yet. Read a lot of good reviews anxious to talk to others that have I'll need all the help I can get. Been a smoker for about 40 yrs. ---soon as I get up it's coffee and smokes. I have COPD it's not bad.I really need to start walking and I have a lot of back & leg pain. Well enough. "

Lije February 8, 2016

Leader Nicotine Polacrilex (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I started polacrilex gum at 2mg strength to try to quit. Bought it from the supermarket. I used two pieces in one day. The suggestion to "use at least 9 pieces per day" on the instructions seemed a bit excessive for a casual smoker like myself. I experienced a sore throat by the end of my workday at 5, and by night it was worse. It has been bothering me for two days. I think the medicine (or something else in it) just really irritated my throat, but if it persists, I'm going to see a doctor. Probably wouldn't happen to everyone, but perhaps something to consider before buying!"

Ouchhhhhhhh January 31, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "This medication, when used properly, is a life-saver when you are trying to quit smoking! I say "when used properly" because I did not use it properly at first. In addition to Step 1 patch I would also smoke a pack a day - NOT how you want to quit! Once I put down the cigarettes, this patch works! I used the 21mg patches for a week, then went down to Step 2 (14mg) bc the 1st step caused itching, redness and swelling on my arm. It has now been 2 and 1/2 weeks and I haven't smoked at all! From 20 years of a pack a day to nothing is truly amazing. I am hoping to be free me from the bondage of smoking Good luck on your journey to quit! It is worth it;YOU are worth it!"

BananaRose January 19, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The only thing I've tried that works. These patches are GREAT! I have no sensations at all. If you're a heavy smoker and really want to stop smoking, I recommend you use these. I will NEVER smoke again because of these patches. I also use the Nicotine Gum."

Antwan87 January 1, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Love the product. The only problem is it does not stick if I put it on a area that flexes a lot, like my side or upper arm. Sticks fine to shoulder blades no falling off and the itching subsides after about 20-30 mins."

Devale December 15, 2015

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have smoked for 32 years and I've tried everything to stop. I have now gone on to the Inhaler. Omg I can't believe it works..... When I feel the need to smoke I grab it and the urge goes straight away"

Little miss moss December 11, 2015

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I quit cold turkey for 6 years and then had a slip, I went on Habitrol and it made quitting amazingly easy by comparison. I had another slip and went on Nicoderm, the itching sensation literally drove me mad and I ripped it off and through it in the garbage. Habitrol had some very mild itching as well but it was easily manageable and dissipated shortly. My mom was told she was having an "allergic reaction" to Nicoderm because the itching was very severe and I've known a handful of people personally who experienced the exact same thing, a maddening itch, sometimes even an actual rash from Nicoderm patches. Habitrol was way better for me and I would without a second thought-recommend it over Nicoderm."

ReligiosityIsNotSane (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "100% effective with zero physical withdrawal, but some desires! I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker for 25 years! I had tried everything,but nothing worked for me, this was a last resort that I thank god I tried! This isn't magic, you will have the want to smoke feeling but nothing physical bc you are getting nicotine! They do not stick well at all, so save yourself some trouble by purchasing white "paper" tape in any first aid section of any store/pharmacy! Secure it to the patch as soon as you apply the patch and you will be great all day! I also recommend getting some mints! Whenever I decided I would like a butt, I popped a mint in! On week 5 now, with an easy transition to step 2! You have nothing to loose! My coughing has stopped 100%! Xo"

BUY IT NOW 100% WORKED (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The patch will not stick to my skin! I shave and clean the area before I put the patch on and I hold it for 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds as it tells you to do on the package! I am very unhappy with the Nico derm cq clear patch. I guess I have a better luck quitting cold turkey than to have to waste my patches when they do not stick!!!!!!!!!"

lilmissmama3030 September 29, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "I'm on my 10th day now yes they don't stick but if you get a bandaid type tape it will stick. It's not expensive - I haven't had a hit or a cigarette. And I've never felt better."

Arie90bby September 25, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "These patches are a joke don't even know if they work they won't stay on I shaved the spots I put them on washed area and even used alcohol wipes to clean area dried area applied as soon as I get to working they fall right off"

kevin reynolds (my real name) August 13, 2015

Commit (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Tried everything this is the only thing that worked"

Anonymous August 7, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "On day 6 now and didn't smoke but was a can a day dipper for over 20 years. Don't worry hat people are t a loving about it falls off, I'm in construction in the heat in Florida all day and it sticks. I know it helps, weird dream thing going on yes, get a taste of nicotine all day, and the initial itch, yep got that too. But what I haven't had is a dip of copenhagen.. thanks nicoderm."

Bcurl (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "helped me quit smooking...severely addicted to the gum...lost sex drive and massive erection problems...since i stopped the nicoret things are getting better !!! Took 110 gums per week for 10 years....big mistake....Hope to get back to normal soon !!!!"

Nico finitos July 11, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm a young male 26 years old. Was a casual smoker for 7 years. Started very young at 16. Became a pack a day smoker for 3 years. So more than 10 years of smoking. Other reviewers are spot on about insane irritation/itching when patch is first applied to skin. This lasts for the first 20 minutes. Do not let this deter you , try not to think about it. I'm on the 21mg patch. This is recommended for smokers who smoke at least a pack a day or more. I can honestly say you really have to be determined to stop smoking altogether. Side note. Was a very heavy cannabis smoker as well, and remarkably the patch has also gotten rid of all cravings for cannabis as well. If you're serious about kicking this filthy habit this patch works wonders ."

Esco (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015