User Reviews for Nicotine systemic

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Smoking Cessation
8.3

Summary of Nicotine reviews 8.3 145 reviews

Reviews for Nicotine

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I asked my doctor if I could use the patch with my other medications before starting step1. I am doing great with it and it's no longer cravings. It's triggers of driving or after eating and first thing in the morning. I keep lollipops in car and purse and changed up my routine in the morning and after eating. I smoked 35 years and now have two small grandsons that I want to spoil and see graduate. If this Grandma can do it with Nicoderm CQ anyone can."

Crissy (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Great product only the lozenge container is of a poor design. Sometimes you have to shake the thing several times just to get one lozenge out. Frankly it's quicker to pull out a cigarette."

WildNoseHair (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "For an honest review, I'll admit that I haven't tried too many things. Gum, patches, and vaping being the only things I've tried; but I think this gum is actually pretty good. I bought off brand stuff years ago and compared to this; it tasted awful and the texture of the gum was really soft. This tastes like real gum (for about 30 seconds) but the consistency is on par with your juicy fruit. I haven't dipped or smoked in a long time, but I do still use the gum. I think eventually I'll switch to just regular gum on schedule. It does its job but only if you allow it to. Best of luck"

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Started smoking at 14, graduated to at least 2 packs a day, in 2007 had my first stent, since then several. What nobody told us was that you can lose your teeth, feet or limbs. Had 5 roto-router procedures on 1 leg, the pain is the most excruciating I have ever experienced. Begged for God to take my life 1st time it hit me. I swore I would never smoke again but quit 5 years ago next month and still crave nicotine, smoked 63 years. Wish there was something less expensive than Nicorette as it is very expensive. I do question the quality of each piece, some taste like no nicotine and others ok."

FLAFRANK (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "It has been working well to quit smoking but the tube needs a redesign I have scraped the top of thumb so many times, cannot open as directed"

Bonnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2018

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The product helped me quit so that was great. My problem was with the actual product quality control. This is a very expensive drug so you hope that quality control is great. It isn't. So far 2 boxes on 2 separate prescription had about 1/2 of the cartridges that didn't work. I put it in the cartridge and nothing. You can tell right away because the medication has a strong menthol flavor. When I inhaled the medication, there was nothing. Even after strong sucking, nothing. I contacted the company and they didn't respond! Horrible customer service. Since this is the only brand available in USA you are stuck. I'm very disappointed!"

Vic (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I just want to say thanks for the nicoderm patch. I smoked for 44 years and it's been six months since my last cigarette, if it wasn't for the patch I don't believe I could have quit. I know I will never have another cigarette because I sure don't want to quit twice. The patch wasn't magic but along with willpower and determination the patch made a huge difference and it was my time to quit. I did find that I couldn't sleep with it on as the dreams were too much for me so I didn't wear it at night. 5 weeks was all I needed and I can honestly say that I am a non-smoker! Thanks so very much Nicoderm."

SueBear (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "After I started using the nicotrol inhaler I lost my sense of smell and most of my taste buds , has this happen to anyone else after using it ? I have been off cigarettes for 3 months now and no relapse so far ."

Pat July 8, 2018

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "so I am 52 years old playing field hockey and felt something was a bit off, had an achey arm and short of breath I left the game and sat on the bench to see if things got better, had another run on the field and I had a feeling something was up, my son was with me and the last thing I wanted was to collapze or faint or something in front of him. So we left and I drove to a/e you know just incase ! turned out I had a nstemi heart attacked (the type when your vitals and ECG are normal but blood test eventually show troponin levels mine was low 92 but a heart attack is a heart attack so they told me, anyway 3 days later I leave hospital with 2 stents in my arteries and a nicorette inhaler in my pocket, they work well but I had also been given a major reason to quit which also works very well, its been 3 weeks since no smokes and average 2-3 caps of nicorettes, they work good but it's time to free myself of nicotine."

pk (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Proper and consistent adhesion needs to become priority . 25 minute ordeal of wiping..drying...using alcohol swab...applying patch(es)...cutting fabric tape not even sold in pharmacies (given by friend a long time ago)...now running low on said tape...applying tape...noticing throughout day that sections of patch no longer touching skin. Dreams at night seem real and last long time. Not well rested next day even after long sleep."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "This works good only when the patch stays on. I found the clear patches don't stay on like the tan ones do. I'm having a hard time finding the tan ones anymore did they discontinue them? The clear patches continually fall off. The adhesion is not near as good. I had to switch brands to Life brand because they have the tan ones and the adhesion is great."

Shanon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for 10 years pack a day, and didn’t think that I can quit. I used patches Step 1 for only 9 days, on 10th and 11th day I had side effects (such as dizziness), so I didn’t use them for 2 days. I was thinking to buy Step 2, but I realized that I don’t need it anymore. I don’t smoke more than 1 year. Recommend it for 100%!!!"

Jessica S. (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been using the Nicorette lozenges for a while now and they do work in easing the cravings and keeping me off the darts. I do wish however that they would make the plastic container more user friendly. The container's design makes it hard for the lozenges to come out. It's very frustrating. Easier to reach for a cigarette."

WildNoseHair (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been an "on and off" smoker for 10 years. I quit for a long time, but due to a speedbump in life I started back. I'm a closet smoker, but it was affecting my social life and all. Smokers breath, house and car smelling like smoke. I had to have one. I started chewing the Nicorette Gum(4mg). It is working wonders already! I also changed my lifestyle. Eating healthy, drinking more water, exercising, and trying to avoid triggers. I will win this fight. I never in my life thought I would be smoking cigarettes, but I'm going to take my life back from these things before they really kill me."

Leo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "They do not stick. The moment I tried to stick them on all of the ends curved up and within an hour they were off. My husband a non smoker who wants me to quit tried everything to keep it on. We tried different areas of the body. To be honest these $40 were the biggest waste of money in my life. I wish they would have stuck, but I too found none of them did."

Jill (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "These don't stick at all! After maximum of two hours of use the patch falls off and won't stick any longer. At more than 3 EUR per patch this is a total rip off. It only has one task, to stick to your body and fails miserably at that.... Every single one of the 14 patches in the box. Never buying this product again and will seek another supplier. #fail"

Martin (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "What they fail to mention are the tragic bone and tooth loss. There is a blog out there with testimonials about getting hooked on these and those horrid side effects. One woman lost both feet. Personally I was on the lozenges for 5 years. FIVE YEARS! I had to quit smoking and they were all that worked for me to do so. They ate the sides of my teeth down to the pulp. I now have osteoporosis. Two that I know of that can't be reversed. I have to take Fosamax, vitamin D and lost my teeth. There are no government studies done that I was or am aware of. Do your research, please? Find that blog. I thought I had it saved, but can't find it right now. Thanks for your time."

SharonSue (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked since I was 15, I’m 40 today. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with asthma and was told to stop smoking. 3 years of sickness and pain. So many sick days. I thought of my funeral, I thought of the ones I would leave to mourn. How could I break their hearts. How could I remain so selfish. I tried nicoderm step 1, but it gave me migraines and I almost gave up. I tried step 2 and it worked better for me. It’s not easy. You will need will power and let everyone know that is around you that it will affect your mood and to just not to pay it too much mind. After 4 weeks of step 2 I was ok and decided to begin step 3. Again will power! The cravings never go away, but they do get weaker. 11 days ago I forgot to put a new patch on and I had 5 days left of step 3. I decided to just let go. Its will power and keeping busy. I joined a gym, and am also down 15lbs"

Anne-Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I stopped smoking 15 years ago, thanks to Nicoderm patches."

Andy bandy February 1, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "After years, without success, of trying to quit smoking I used Nicoderm CQ step 1 (It worked) for the recommended time. After going to step 2 I ended up starting to smoke again. Several years later in the summer of 2016, I started over again with Nicorderm step 1, except this time I continued to use the step 1 patch only. I was going to quit even if I had to use the step 1 patch for the rest of my life. After approximately 6 months I stopped using the patch and have been smoke free for almost two years. Every now and then I have a craving for a cigarette, but the craving only last for a few minutes. I had smoked two to three packs a day for fifty years."

Anonymous January 19, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for 20 years and decided to quit. As these are relatively pricey I did not purchase the entire program up front (I think it is 8 or 10 weeks?) Rather, I bought one box of Step 1 and one box of Step 2. Well I'm so glad because I ended up only using the step one box and half of Step 2. (Used total of 11 days) It was just that easy to quit. I just had to find something to do with my hands the first few days. I got busy at work and realized after several days that I hadn't been remembering to put a patch on in the morning....and IT DIDN'T MATTER! I was FREE after 20 years and never got a craving again (5 years smoke free) I delayed quitting due to all the horror stories people tell about quitting. DON'T LISTEN! YOU CAN DO IT!"

Joi C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked daily for 15 years around a packet. I am now on my second week of quitting. It is terrible in the morning without the coffee and the cigarette. I am using around 7 pieces of the gum daily, using the chew and park method. It helps me really good, not thinking about smoking that much more on to chewing now. It certainly helps to manage the cravings and the anger."

Chami86 November 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation: "Using this product (Lozenge) after trying Chantax as that led to nausea within 20 minutes or less . A starter program of phone calls and follow up along with the 2 mg lozenges has ended a 50 + year smoking problem Rather than using lozenges as a object to suck on I found you actually place between cheek and gum has worked best . A real slow dissolving rate and a good use of fewer lozenges over a period of time . I now use about 3 lozenges in a 24 hour period or less -have been using them over extended time though so need to wean self completely from them I have tried the cherry flavored as well as mint and use a generic version of the 2 mg ."

Coke in MN October 15, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Whenever I apply the nicaderm patch I have no cravings, I've finish the 8 weeks program now my cravings are back. As long as I wear the patch I am good but I can't wear it forever, so what can I do next? The gum make me sick"

Timice (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I used Nicoderm patch and it helped a lot, I smoked and use hookah pens for over 10 years and wanted to quit because of my health. I was smoke free for 1 year, then I had a major emotional break down and went back to smoking. Now I'm on the patch again and its been a week and I' have no cravings for cigarettes or hookahs, unless I'm driving or after eating but it quickly passes over. I most definitely will recommend the patches!!!"

5ftFine (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017