User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Nicorette, Nicoderm CQ, Nicotrol Inhaler, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicotrol NS Nicorette DS Commit

Smoking Cessation 8.0

Reviews for Nicotine

SNIC33 April 30, 2020

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 6 years having a pack and a day habit and quit using nicotine gum, but then got addicted. I chewed about 12-15 pieces a day. I tried many times to quit replacing it with regular gum, but went back on the nicotine gum. I have been recently diagnosed with a silent heart attack that was picked up by an EKG and was told that they don’t know when it happened. Subsequent tests indicate heart damage from my attack. I am convinced it is the gum and I have not chewed a piece since for a couple months. Now I have read research that nicotine with E cigarettes is causing heart risks and reading more about risks from the gum. My regular doctor and cardiologist say the gum and dosages I chewed caused no harm. I think it did and I bet we will find out soon from scientists how much harm pure nicotine will cause. Yes, I am irritable and depressed from giving up the gum, but I want to survive and get better so I am giving nicotine gum the boot.”

msaintc · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2020

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I think all the cartridges in my nitcotrol inhaler kit are empty. Is that possible? There’s no liquid in the cartridges, and no way of knowing when a cartridge is empty.”

LB March 30, 2020

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I’ve been smoking for 12 years! I wanted to quit smoking before my 30th birthday, thanks to nicoderm cq I am almost 2 months without a cigarette!”

Estelle February 26, 2020

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “So today is my first day of stopping smoking, Previously I have tried to stop using the patches but later learned that I was allergic to them resulting in a rash. Anyway today I’m using the gum and after only trying 1 of them I would MUCH rather go cold turkey then to have them everyday! After a minute of having it I started to get a burning sensation at the back of my throat which is a common side effect but one I rather not have and then I started to feel faint and dizzy so I chucked it in the bin couldn’t take it anymore! It’s currently been more then 5 hours since I’ve taken that single bit of gum and I’m now getting really bad stomach pains, nausea, dizziness & fatigue... not only that what’s the point of taking the gum which has addictive nicotine in it to try and stop smoking? It doesn’t make sense. I actually didn’t know that when I bought it silly me but in my opinion I would much rather go cold turkey then to put my body though all that pain to stop smoking!”

Kathleen · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “The first habitrol patch that I applied fell off immediately. I put it back on using scotch tape. The second day, it fell off after about one hour. Again, used scotch tape. Today, third time, it fell off after a few minutes. These do not adhere.”

D · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “This was the best investment I ever spent $45.00 step 1 14 patches .32years of smoking now 10 days non smoking and I feel great food. Oh my goodness food taste amazing. If you want to quit this is the best product on the market Thanks Nicoderm CQ.....”

Unicorn January 6, 2020

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Have smoked since 15 years of age, with a few stints of not smoking; quit for 1 year when I was 22, 6 months @ 26, 6 weeks @ 34. For the last 2 years I have not smoked through the week days, just at nights and then no restrictions on the weekends. The year of quitting was with nicorette gum, eventually I found my need to chew the gum went without me even realizing it. The other two times I tried to quit I did it cold turkey but not as successfully as with the gum. I have just quit at 40, this time I am most determined and chewing one piece of gum at night per day and grateful to be smoke free. I think it is just down to what suits an individual. People have different views on the topic but the gum is a great way to curb the urges when you stop smoking. Good luck to you and kudos to you for quitting! Also watch YouTube and tips from former smokers, listen to podcasts on quitting smoking and meditation via Spotify, all very helpful.”

Tmae · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Leader Nicotine Polacrilex (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I bought 4 mgs of Leader Nicotine Polacrilex. It helps but I noticed not every piece has the same dosage. 1 piece will taste good and another will be weaker.”

Bucky · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Smoked for over 40 years. Quit occasionally but always went back. Using the patch has worked. Started patches and they work. Smoke the 1st couple of days and now after 1 month I have had a butt nor do I crave one. Really a bad habit. Expensive? Cost $25 every 2 weeks. 1 pack a day habit every 2 weeks, pack a day, $130 every 2 weeks.”

beancounter · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 21, 2019

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 40 years, finally decided it was time to quit. I followed the instructions, exactly, stepping down to a lighter patch as time went on. I had a really bad headache the first few days, but I powered through anyway. It's now been six months since I quit. This product works !”

Drew · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 4, 2019

“I have never been a smoker, but I have read research articles about the efficacy of nicotine patches for ADHD and depression, so I wear the 7mg patch 24 hours a day. The nicotine patch keeps my mind clear and calm, has drastically improved my ability to sleep at night, and has actually brought my mood into remission. This actually worked well enough for me to replace the Dexedrine that I was taking without all of the mood swings. I am also using this patch alongside the 6mg Emsam patch (transdermal selegiline) and this has made a world of difference for me.”

Skeeter · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Smoked cigs for 20 yrs and cigars for past 10 yrs. Until 2 months ago. Had tried to quit many times. My issue was breaking the habit. Last 2 month's several things have changed: I don't smell like smoke, I don't need to go outside to smoke, my smell and taste have returned. Saving money too. My ins covers the nicotrol inhaler ($408 per box). Sometimes the cartridge is empty or something is blocking air flow. The inhalor gave me headache first 4 weeks. Still dries my throat. Overall this inhaler has helped me quit. Getting to point cigar and cig smoke smell really bad and I no longer have a desire to smoke tobacco. Give it a try, once you are truly ready to quit.”

Mg765 September 16, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “First of all not smoking is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life...I have stopped before for six months and one day I got stressed out and went right back to smoking. The first time I stopped smoking I went to vaping then I tried the gum. Honestly it is not good to chew nine pieces of gum like the packet recommends. Personally I will only chew maybe four the first day then go down every day there is no way around stopping smoking you just have to do it. You are gonna feel like garbage the first month or so but you learn to live with out it. I buy toothpicks they help me. The gum is only a crutch..”

Mathamphetamiin September 15, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Dr told me I have to quit smoking (pneumonia related recurring illnesses), didn't get a choice. She recommended gum because the patch just wasn't enough for me, angry cravings and I knew I was going to smoke again. So used patches and gum for breakthru nicotine urge. For me, even with the "chew then park" method I still have a burning sensation in the back of my throat very similar to the burn you get off a pull from a cig, not pleasant but also familiar. Pluses: immediate relief with hit of nicotine, flavor is nice, relieves the angry withdrawals, I do feel better after I chew. Cons: Obviously not recommended for long term use, the peppery/burning is slightly uncomfortable - I call it zappygum because it reminds me of electricity, especially with the speedy nicotine - and frequent use upsets my stomach. As for the patches, adhesive wears off easily so it tends to fall off towards the last few hours, also I have really strange vivid dreams wearing the patch when I'm sleeping. Using both together and so far, 0 cigs since the dr.”

Ramesh September 4, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Good”

Patry · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “the nicotrol inhaler has helped with not smoking, however, one out of 3 cartridges are empty. Expensive for such poor quality control.”

Liza · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 3, 2019

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 47 years a pack to a pack and a half a day. On December 17, 2016 I quit smoking and started using Nicotrol Inhalers. I have not smoked a cigarette since. I have no desire to smoke but 2 years and 8 months later, I am still using the inhalers. Some time I feel guilty about it but my doctor says it's better than smoking cigarettes. I feel better than when I smoked cigarettes but I enjoy using these inhalers. They are expensive. I pay close to $200 a month but I think it's less than I paid for cigarettes. I do highly recommend the Nicotrol Inhalers because I feel like if I wanted to I could quit them. My friend totally quit with less than one box. I'm sure I will to if I ever decide too.”

Kngomez August 1, 2019

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I've used other patches, estrogen, fentanyl. I also took care of my father an put nitro patches on him. I've NEVER had a problem till now. These patches constantly fall off. After putting 3 on I gave up. PLEASE don't waste your $$$ on these habitrol patches buy nicoderm they stay on GREAT!”

Toby · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 26, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I swapped one addition for another, call that a success? How do I quit Nicorette Lozenges /colddrops?”

The Wide Camel · Taken for 10 years or more July 8, 2019

Nicotrol NS (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “I have no illusions about this stuff; it is somewhat marginal to say it is better than cigarettes. However, for me Nicotrol has been and continues to be better than cigarettes. I'm not sorry that 15 years ago, a PA in a major-university-hospital smoking cessation program told me about Nicotrol NS as part of the initial protocols available. It does only provide a short physical affect but it delivers it very very quickly, so for that reason for than anything, is why Nicotrol works for me!”

Jacqui · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Hi I'm using Nicotrol patches and the inhaler. I've not had a cigarette in over 4 weeks now. Actually 4weeks, yesterday! I feel great, I'm concerned that I'll find it hard to come off these, but, for now it's been great for me. I'd actually been a marijuana smoker too, which was worse, I've quit everything due to, well with the help from, these patches and inhalers. I have an issue with my cartridges though, there seems to be one out of each 4 cartridges that don't seem to have any flavour like the others, where can I make a complaint? .”

Jean June 24, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “The Walmart brand (equate) patches are much less expensive and work just as well”

Roxy March 24, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “$73 for 160 pieces of gum that causes hair loss, cavities, TMJ and all kinds of other long term health concerns? Do your research, the gum is very addictive, ridiculously expensive, and just another way for the nicotine industry to profit off your weaknesses.”

Joey February 19, 2019

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “Be careful of this product especially the lozenges It cause liver damage , skin patches and mark . They should take them of the market.”

Bert · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

Nicorelief (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: “So far so good it’s been working for me to stay away from smoking”