User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Nicotine Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Nicotine to treat Smoking Cessation

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "This works good only when the patch stays on. I found the clear patches don't stay on like the tan ones do. I'm having a hard time finding the tan ones anymore did they discontinue them? The clear patches continually fall off. The adhesion is not near as good. I had to switch brands to Life brand because they have the tan ones and the adhesion is great."

Shanon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I smoked for 10 years pack a day, and didn’t think that I can quit. I used patches Step 1 for only 9 days, on 10th and 11th day I had side effects (such as dizziness), so I didn’t use them for 2 days. I was thinking to buy Step 2, but I realized that I don’t need it anymore. I don’t smoke more than 1 year. Recommend it for 100%!!!"

Jessica S. (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine): "I have been using the Nicorette lozenges for a while now and they do work in easing the cravings and keeping me off the darts. I do wish however that they would make the plastic container more user friendly. The container's design makes it hard for the lozenges to come out. It's very frustrating. Easier to reach for a cigarette."

WildNoseHair (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine): "I have been an "on and off" smoker for 10 years. I quit for a long time, but due to a speedbump in life I started back. I'm a closet smoker, but it was affecting my social life and all. Smokers breath, house and car smelling like smoke. I had to have one. I started chewing the Nicorette Gum(4mg). It is working wonders already! I also changed my lifestyle. Eating healthy, drinking more water, exercising, and trying to avoid triggers. I will win this fight. I never in my life thought I would be smoking cigarettes, but I'm going to take my life back from these things before they really kill me."

Leo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

"They do not stick. The moment I tried to stick them on all of the ends curved up and within an hour they were off. My husband a non smoker who wants me to quit tried everything to keep it on. We tried different areas of the body. To be honest these $40 were the biggest waste of money in my life. I wish they would have stuck, but I too found none of them did."

Jill (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

"These don't stick at all! After maximum of two hours of use the patch falls off and won't stick any longer. At more than 3 EUR per patch this is a total rip off. It only has one task, to stick to your body and fails miserably at that.... Every single one of the 14 patches in the box. Never buying this product again and will seek another supplier. #fail"

Martin (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Nicorette (nicotine): "What they fail to mention are the tragic bone and tooth loss. There is a blog out there with testimonials about getting hooked on these and those horrid side effects. One woman lost both feet. Personally I was on the lozenges for 5 years. FIVE YEARS! I had to quit smoking and they were all that worked for me to do so. They ate the sides of my teeth down to the pulp. I now have osteoporosis. Two that I know of that can't be reversed. I have to take Fosamax, vitamin D and lost my teeth. There are no government studies done that I was or am aware of. Do your research, please? Find that blog. I thought I had it saved, but can't find it right now. Thanks for your time."

SharonSue (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I smoked since I was 15, I’m 40 today. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with asthma and was told to stop smoking. 3 years of sickness and pain. So many sick days. I thought of my funeral, I thought of the ones I would leave to mourn. How could I break their hearts. How could I remain so selfish. I tried nicoderm step 1, but it gave me migraines and I almost gave up. I tried step 2 and it worked better for me. It’s not easy. You will need will power and let everyone know that is around you that it will affect your mood and to just not to pay it too much mind. After 4 weeks of step 2 I was ok and decided to begin step 3. Again will power! The cravings never go away, but they do get weaker. 11 days ago I forgot to put a new patch on and I had 5 days left of step 3. I decided to just let go. Its will power and keeping busy. I joined a gym, and am also down 15lbs"

Anne-Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I stopped smoking 15 years ago, thanks to Nicoderm patches."

Andy bandy February 1, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "After years, without success, of trying to quit smoking I used Nicoderm CQ step 1 (It worked) for the recommended time. After going to step 2 I ended up starting to smoke again. Several years later in the summer of 2016, I started over again with Nicorderm step 1, except this time I continued to use the step 1 patch only. I was going to quit even if I had to use the step 1 patch for the rest of my life. After approximately 6 months I stopped using the patch and have been smoke free for almost two years. Every now and then I have a craving for a cigarette, but the craving only last for a few minutes. I had smoked two to three packs a day for fifty years."

Anonymous January 19, 2018

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I smoked for 20 years and decided to quit. As these are relatively pricey I did not purchase the entire program up front (I think it is 8 or 10 weeks?) Rather, I bought one box of Step 1 and one box of Step 2. Well I'm so glad because I ended up only using the step one box and half of Step 2. (Used total of 11 days) It was just that easy to quit. I just had to find something to do with my hands the first few days. I got busy at work and realized after several days that I hadn't been remembering to put a patch on in the morning....and IT DIDN'T MATTER! I was FREE after 20 years and never got a craving again (5 years smoke free) I delayed quitting due to all the horror stories people tell about quitting. DON'T LISTEN! YOU CAN DO IT!"

Joi C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Nicorette (nicotine): "Smoked daily for 15 years around a packet. I am now on my second week of quitting. It is terrible in the morning without the coffee and the cigarette. I am using around 7 pieces of the gum daily, using the chew and park method. It helps me really good, not thinking about smoking that much more on to chewing now. It certainly helps to manage the cravings and the anger."

Chami86 November 2, 2017

"Using this product (Lozenge) after trying Chantax as that led to nausea within 20 minutes or less . A starter program of phone calls and follow up along with the 2 mg lozenges has ended a 50 + year smoking problem Rather than using lozenges as a object to suck on I found you actually place between cheek and gum has worked best . A real slow dissolving rate and a good use of fewer lozenges over a period of time . I now use about 3 lozenges in a 24 hour period or less -have been using them over extended time though so need to wean self completely from them I have tried the cherry flavored as well as mint and use a generic version of the 2 mg ."

Coke in MN October 15, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "Whenever I apply the nicaderm patch I have no cravings, I've finish the 8 weeks program now my cravings are back. As long as I wear the patch I am good but I can't wear it forever, so what can I do next? The gum make me sick"

Timice (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I used Nicoderm patch and it helped a lot, I smoked and use hookah pens for over 10 years and wanted to quit because of my health. I was smoke free for 1 year, then I had a major emotional break down and went back to smoking. Now I'm on the patch again and its been a week and I' have no cravings for cigarettes or hookahs, unless I'm driving or after eating but it quickly passes over. I most definitely will recommend the patches!!!"

5ftFine (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I started smoking when I was 10 and started drinking when I was 15. I continued to smoke and drink and dope until I was 27 at which time I became a Christian and quit all three vices cold turkey. I believe I was able to do that because of my faith in the Lord. Due to a lot of pressures in my life, at age 34, I returned to all three vices once again. At age 44, I returned to my faith and wanted to quit again, I was coughing and easily became short of breath. I was able to quit for short periods of time, smoking more than not. At 49 I relapsed again and was doing all three. Then on 11-11-11, I quit drinking and doping, and shortly thereafter I quit smoking with the help of nicotine patches and I've been sober and smoke free ever since. 8-17"

In Him August 20, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I am using these to quit vaping. I cannot believe how effective they are! I barely even think about vaping. I smoked heavily for 10 years, and vaped heavily for 5 years. I still have that muscle memory of wanting to pick up my mod and it not being there, or getting ready to leave the house and not having to grab it. Those things you can't help, but I have almost zero cravings. When I do it's because of triggers like after eating and when driving and it passes quickly. I tried the gum and for me it didn't work at all like not even a little bit. I would recommend Nicoderm to anyone that's ready to quit!"

ABC789123 August 20, 2017

Habitrol (nicotine): "The patches work great. No itching or other side effects to my skin. Only downfall to the product is the patches are not waterproof & come off after being exposed to water. Plus even after washing my skin with alcohol, I still need to put tape over the patch to keep on for the day. Great product otherwise."

ohiojoe (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

"I recently started the patch. I was doing great for the first four days but on the fifth day I woke up with a horrible thought of killing myself. I was so scared that I removed the patch."

Tried to quit (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Commit (nicotine): "Commit is the only one that worked for me. I've been smoke-free for 13 years now! It works!!!!"

Steenie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "4 years ago I decided to quit smoking. I bought the patch step 1. The 1st week on the patch I smoked maybe 2 cigarettes. After that I was done. My only issue now (4 years later) is that I'm still on the patch. I'm addicted to the patch. I cut it in half and put it on every morning. It's an expense I can live without, but if I don't use it, I'm a mess. I feel unfocused, tired, hungry. I guess it's a healthier addiction than smoking, but not sure what I'm doing to my body."

CatherineM1314 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "Have been on the patches step 1 for a week today. I smoked almost 2 packs a day for 31 years. Tried to quit many times. This is by far the best and easier way. Sometimes they don't stick but I use a band-aid over it to make them stick. The bad cravings are gone it's just the habit left. So glad I tried the patches!!!"

Crabby too March 26, 2017

Nicorette (nicotine): "This gum does as it says, helps stop the cravings. I just traded one addiction for another, and am highly addicted to the gum. I would seek help from other places, as this is even more expensive than smoking! I notice that when I chew a lot of it, my heart races and get light headed upon standing. This medication can't be good long term, so please be careful."

Anonymous 247 March 23, 2017

Nicotrol NS (nicotine): "I most often used only when I want that cigarette in the morning I keep busy and focus on my health I use my spray 8 times a day. I use rubber bands on wrist when urge comes to smoke because I don't want to depend on spray, light exercise and walks where smoking isn't allowed. my house doesn't smell like smoke, my clothes do cause I can't wash them all at once I can breathe better. believe believe believe"

Mamakatskitzo March 6, 2017

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine): "I have been using step one of the patch for 4 weeks out of both boxes I have lost 3 patches that didn't stay in place after placement. I followed the instructions however they still came off. These are not cheap and being on a fixed income it frustrates me especially when you can not inform the very company that produces the product. Other then that they have been effective."

frustrated fixed income February 28, 2017