User Reviews for Varenicline systemic

8.7

1,377 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Varenicline reviews 8.7 1,377 reviews

Reviews for Varenicline

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was on Chantix and became depressed. I had bad side effects which cause me to almost ruin my marriage of 20 years. I had crazy dreams and became delusional and had crazy thoughts. I thought of the past and it made me angry and upset. I ended up cheating on my wife and she found out. I got off of Chantix and smoking again. I'm one luck bastard that my wife did not leave me and had the heart to make things work. I still want to quit smoking, but looking at alternative ways to do so."

luckybuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I had tried to quit smoking several times and always failed . Patches didn't work nor did gum. The worst part was around day three and Champix got me through day three pretty well and I was able to continue on to the end of the two week starter pack. I am now 5 months smoke free and enjoying all the benefits that come with that. I found that after two weeks of Champix I was willing to continue without taking any more. This might not work for everyone but it was fine for me. I would recommend the product to any smoker . I didn't experience any of the after effects at all. I have since gained a bit of weight as the metabolic rate is now lower but the main thing is that Champix helped me to stop without turning the cessation into a major drama. I now enjoy daily sport which is new and can have fun losing the weight I gained ."

J Midnight January 8, 2019

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I've been on Chantix for 1 month now and have no side effects.The urge to smoke seems to be less and the nicotine fits aren't as bad. I just refilled next month of meds and will continue to try."

Kern (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Unfortunately I had high hopes but had a terrible experience. Took one 0.5 mg pill on day 1. Within 10 minutes I was extremely dizzy. I called doctor who said to discontinue. I read dizziness was a side effect but was not expecting it to be this severe. 3 days later' I was hit with another dizzy spell out of nowhere while driving. I had to pull over and call for assistance for fear of fainting. Another 3 days later' another dizzy spell came out of the blue.. 6 days after taking just 1 tiny 0.5 mg pill. It appears I am too sensitive for the drug' the experience was scary. The dizzy spells would last for 2 to 3 hours. I wanted to share my experience with anyone else that may have had a similar experience."

JP (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started Chantix four weeks ago and I have completely stopped smoking after 15 years. This is a great product! I slowly dwindled down on the amount I smoked per day until my body just didn't want a cigarette anymore. The only side effect I had was headaches in the beginning. I'm on an antidepressant as well. I feel great and am so thankful for this medication. The smell of cigarettes are horrible now! Yay!"

ES (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a smoker for 65 years. I was a long distance truck driver so occasionally I would smoke 2 or 3 large packs a day. I enjoyed smoking for the most part and worked out quite a few problems smoking a cigarette. Finally for health reasons I was talked into quitting. Through the years I had tried the patch, other types of pills, and acupuncture but nothing worked. I started champix and within 3 weeks the sensations started to fade. Now 8 months smoke free it doesn't bother me sitting with my wife or friends while they smoke. I have no urges or desires to light up. Thank you champix and as soon as we can afford my wife is going to start the system she is so impressed with me."

Erndog (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Chantix worked...5 years smoke free."

Georgie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I had tried everything quitting cold Turkey and the patch but I always ended up smoking and then I saw the commercial about chantix so went to my family doctor and she prescribed chantix and in one week the urges for smoking had stopped. 12 years now going on 13.....my great accomplishment."

Divina (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "5 years smoking pack a day . Tried everything to quit e-cig, patch ,gums. Nothing worked.Then I heard about Chantix. I'm on 15days on Cantix and 7 days smoke free. No cravings at all. Thanks chantix"

Paul (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "I started this medication a week ago, today, 12/21/2018, I was smoking 2 packs a day, I don't know how it exactly works in the brain, but it is definitely working, I am down to 3 cigs a day, and those are not as pleasurable anymore, I smoked for 45 years, if this works, I will be the poster child for this medication"

Smoker (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I will be starting my 3rd month of chantix in a few days. I’ve smoked a pack a day for 35 years. I’ve been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD. I’m down now to 5-6 cigarettes a day. I will smoke my very last cigarette tonight. However the side affects as far as nausea has been very hard to tolerate. But I’ve learned from my Doctor that I can take Zantac and it works really well with the stomach upset. My dreams can be really vivid. I have some depression. I do find myself more tired and irritable eating more and weight gain. The medication works, but you have to let it do it’s job and you have to work with it. I’m stubborn and I like smoking. I decided to try chantix because I first read the reviews in here and you all were my inspiration. I thank you for that and I hope my quit date tomorrow 12/20 is successful so that on Christmas I may have the first few days of the rest of my life smoke free to report to my kids. Thanks for listening and thanks for your help."

Wannaquit (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I start taking champix after 20 years of 20 cigarettes a day trying all sort of things, chewing gums , patches , E-cigarette, all failed. I took champix in the morning 20 minutes after breakfast. If I took it on an empty stomach it gave me nausea. The second dose I took in the afternoon, never after 7 pm to avoid any nightmares. Apart from neightmares if I took it too late I did not had any side effects. I gave up on day 3 that was 3 months ago , I gave up the tablets 1 month ago I was worry about having the cravings but did not happen. I’m a 3 months not smoker , I’m socialising with friends that smoke 20 a day like I used too and the worst I have to deal with is few seconds of cravings but not to often. Champix the best solution for me"

Ory (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Please be careful with Chantix. I could tell it was starting to work within the 1st week but also noticed increased irritability & nausea as side effects. To me, that was something I could deal with. Moving on... I started my second week and I felt a very deep depression setting in. I had feelings of anger towards my children. I also felt very sad for no reason. I couldn’t get anything done at work. I was irritated by everyone’s presence. The depression while in this medication hit me fast and hard! I have 2 small children and I am their PROTECTOR I cannot risk losing my mind! I started losing my ability to be an adequate and involved parent. I didn’t enjoy ANYTHING anymore. For the safety of myself and my children I have discontinued taking Chantix. I’ve read reviews of people having long-term effects to their brain chemistry after taking Chantix and that’s not something I’m willing to toy with. I will have to use my own willpower to quit."

Em December 13, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "From someone who thought she would never be able to quit smoking. TAKE CHAMPIX!! After 3 weeks of champix not much felt different besides the side effects I had like terrible nausea and vivid dreams, thought it was a total waste of a good amount of money (its not covered by insurance in my experience.) 3 weeks and 2 days in I did not need one cigarette, at all, it was almost out of nowhere. 5 months in now and I am still smoke free. I only did the first month of the pill, The rest felt unnecessary. I feel so free. It is worth it!"

Anonymous December 12, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This drug helped me stop smoking however the side effects hospitalised me. Traumatic time, I would not recommend this drug."

Jnic (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I’ve been on Champix for 11 weeks. Gave up on day 13 and haven’t smoked since. This is a very effective, powerful drug that makes quitting easy. However it does come with a lot of side effects which are not just nicotine withdrawal. I went down to a half dose after 6 weeks as I was off my head and unable to function normally. As soon as the drug hit my bloodstream my head was spinning, I’d feel completely overwhelmed physically and had to lie down. Couldn’t work, think or even go out on the streets I was so disoriented. Champix also affected my decision-making - even shopping became a massive ordeal. As soon as I cut the dose in half the craziness stopped. The drawback of course is that you then feel the cravings more acutely. Looking back, I’ve felt rubbish the whole time I’ve been on this with endless ailments, which is completely unlike me. I can’t wait to come off it. Would I recommend it? Yes, but realise you’re in for a ride. Good luck and keep pushing through!"

Rosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "After any decades of moderately heavy smoking Champix was a major factor in my ability to quit. Like many others I did have vivid dreams but no other side effects. I have been smoke free for a month now and am confident that I can now be described as a non smoker. I have already more than paid for the cost of the prescription by not smoking and from this point forward I will have a lot more disposable income than before. I encourage you to give it a try."

Kanuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I’ve taken Chantix for 3 weeks, starter pack. Shortly after starting, I noticed a rash developing all over my body. I didn’t put 2-2 together until tonight when I researched side effects. A rash is, I’ve read, not an uncommon side effect and could be dangerous to your health. I stopped taking Chantix tonight."

Itchyandscratchy (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Like Ray says on the commercial- this made it easy 40 years of smoking and 6 years free of smoke Thanks Chantix!"

Ducky (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been a smoker for 27 years and have tried to quit a few times before without success I'm now 4 weeks into taking champix and I haven't smoked since day 11 had a few cravings at the start now I don't even think about it at all even when I'm around smokers. I now hate the smell on my clothes after. The only side effect I've had is the weird dreams and lack of sleep but I would rather that than smoke again. I am hoping to cut the tablets back down soon anyone thinking of trying to quit I definitely recommend these"

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "Honestly this medication DOES WORK GOOD. I didn't set a quit date just kept smoking until I didn't need or want too anymore. You will just forget to smoke and when you think about it you will not need to have one. I only took one 1mg tablet a day and now I have dropped to taking one tablet every 2 days. I've had the vivid dreams and very little nausea at first but it will go away. I need to keep with it for a few months and will NEVER smoke again."

Anonymous November 11, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started this medicine about 6 weeks ago. I stopped smoking on day 14. I just woke up that morning and thought “no, I’m not smoking today” and here I am 27 days later smoke free. Cannot believe it TBH. My sense of smell and taste is still amazing me. From 3rd day off cigs I could smell everything, peoples perfume, their sweat, aromas, detergents etc, it is mad. Usual side effects, nausea and feeling faint when taking meds. However, when taken on a full stomach I’m fine. Definitely increased appetite. I’m usually slim, toned, gym fit. I’ve stopped the gym and eating lots of garbage. Going to sort that out this week. I'm not fond of meds but they definitely work. I don’t think my mood is low but friends say I’m a bit irritable. I notice words don’t come to me quickly which is a side effect. Nothing major though. Sooo happy I am not smoking. Saving a fortune and feel really clean. Be cautious if you have any mental illness. Oh be prepared for the vivid weird dreams."

Delboy November 5, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I tried everything to quit smoking after 48 years of smoking I tried Chantix and I quit within one month this is a great product"

Anonymous November 2, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Coming up on 1 year on 8th Nov. This product WORKS but you have to WANT to quit. I had gained weight and needed to exercise. I started exercising but I could barely breathe due to the cigs. I was still smoking when I started exercising. I started to lose weight. I wanted to work harder and I knew it would only happen if I quit cigs. So I started champix. By the 10th day I was smoking less. I also could not smoke an entire cigarette. On day 13 I had my last cig. I basically got through the day without any cigs. On my 4th month my dad passed away. But still I didn't smoke. I am now running half marathons. I am fitter and stronger than ever before. My hair and clothes don't stink. My skin looks amazing. I had some side effects- insomnia and headaches.T he exercise early in the morning helped with the insomnia. And I took headache tablets. But small price to pay for saving my own life. I am my own hero!"

Bootcamper November 2, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started chantix 7 weeks ago. Smoked my last cigarette 2 weeks later. It’s been 5 weeks since I smoked and I’m done with it. I couldn’t have done it without chantix. Yes I have weird dreams sometimes but it’s a small price to pay. I feel great!! I couldn’t have done it cold turkey."

RJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...