User Reviews for Varenicline

8.7

1,345 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Varenicline reviews 8.7 1,345 reviews

Reviews for Varenicline

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I've smoked for over 30 years and have been trying to quit for the past 15! I've tried vaping, hypnosis, cold turkey, the Alan Carr method - everything. I was sceptical about Champix because I'd read a lot of horror stories. They worked almost immediately. Cigs started tasting bad by day 3 and by day 5 any urge to smoke had completely passed. By day 10, even the habit disappeared. I don't even think about smoking - it just doesn't occur to me and I consider myself a non-smoker, not someone trying to quit. I've had some side effects; some insomnia at first and again when the dosage went up to 2mg per day, but this only lasted a day or two. Likewise, I've had some stomach cramps and upset, but again, only when I first started taking them and when the dosage increased. Lots of food and water helps. I didn't think it would work this quickly and the side effects have been mild to non existent. I can now envisage a life without smoking!"

WaltD October 14, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am a 65 year old woman. 7 years ago I made the decision to quit smoking. It wasn't because I wanted to it was, I felt, because I had to. I had fallen asleep a couple of times with a cigarette in my hand. Also the cost of cigarettes was more than I could really afford. My brother had used Chantix and quit so I made the same decision. I followed the guidelines and had to do two rounds of Chantix. At that point I considered myself free of cigarettes. To this day I have not picked up one cigarette nor have I had a desire. I went from a pack to a pack and a half a day smoking to zero. I highly recommend Chantix to anyone wanting to quit smoking. It was the best thing I ever did."

Debi October 11, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Didn't want to quit, consulted doctor to appease wife and daughter. Prescribed champix and stopped smoking in 3rd week, completed 12 week course with only 1 strange dream. Haven't smoked since."

Bah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm 50 yrs old and started Chantix Sep 25 as of Oct 4th I'm smoke free"

KK (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Champix made me extremely nauseous almost immediately right after I took it for 20-30 minutes every time, even with a lot of water and food. It was so bad and after 3 weeks of me not seeing results after reading all the success stories I was about to give up because I figured maybe I'm one of the people it just doesn't work for and it's not worth all the sickness I put myself through twice a day. 2 days later (3 months ago) was my last cigarette and I didn't even see it coming. The need just disappeared . Yes the habit of needing it in certain stressful situations has still been there a few times but I can easily fight through that more than the addiction itself. :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I feel so so sick and so depressed...but I did stop smoking on my first week of taking the drug as I felt to sick to smoke. I'm now on my last month and I want to stop taking Champix but I'm scared if I don't finish I will start smoking again. The meds have made me so confused I can't think properly. I have all the side affects they say you can get BADLY! I feel like I have the worst hangover ever! But I'm a non smoker and I'm loosing so much weight. Just hope I can get through the last month. All I can say is I will never ever smoke again and I can't go through this again!"

Sick (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I took a pill for two days, yes, TWO! Tried to smoke a cigarette and it made me feel weird. I'm not taking any more and I don't want a cigarette either."

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Hi, I got champix off my doctor back in 2010. I took the first box that was made up of half dose tablets then full dose, after taking them for 2 weeks all I was doing was sleeping (around 16hrs a day) And doing really odd stuff when awake. I never had the bad dreams but just felt really odd so I stopped taking them after 4 weeks, at this point I had not had cigarette for a week and I've never had one since however the long term affects have literally devastated me, I somehow lost the ability for care and compassion and my personality totally changed, I lost my relationship of 22yrs and although Im not depressed I find it very hard to form any kind of relationship or friendship but maybe this is the way my body has dealt with the loss of nicotine. I'm very doubtful of this as I had stopped by going cold turkey on a few occasions for months at a time and I was fine. If your taking this PLEASE PLEASE ask family and friends to monitor you closely"

Tricky fin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Quitting is never easy. I have tried several times over the years, but with chantix I am succeeding. I am on day 8 of being smoke free."

EJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm in 2 minds about this drug. I'm on my 3rd week and not had a cig for a week now. I smoked around 20 per day and always found it hard to quit. Tried patches, inhalers, gum etc in the past but found the cravings really hard. This is actually working and I'm not wanting a cig so much. HOWEVER, I feel awful. I'm extremely tired all the time and have 0 energy which isn't like me. I'm having terrible nightmares and other strange dreams and waking up in sweats. I feel sickly all the time with a metal taste in my mouth, headaches and over the last couple of days I've had severe stomach cramps and terrible wind. Going to docs for advice. I do not feel good at all."

Hangry (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Effective at stopping smoking, went from being a heavy smoker to stopping on day 11 and not felt the urge to smoke. Here comes the but Suffered tiredness and nausea first couple of weeks, which my GP warned me about in advance. Didn’t really cover the mental health risks, either causing or aggravating existing issues. Within five weeks of taking this drug, I had spiralled out of control with depression, and hit a really dark place. Fortunately my wife noticed all this despite me trying to hide it, and took action. Within 24hours of stopping, it was like coming up for air when drowning. The drug is very effective at stopping smoking, be very aware of the side effects. Wouldn’t advise taking this tablet if you live on your own or have existing mental health conditions, unless you are fully aware of the side effects and have some kind of support mechanism in place. I genuinely think I would have taken my own life if my wife hadn’t forced me to get medical attention."

Harryp September 21, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I have smoked since I was 13, I used champix a few years ago and it worked so I started again. I stopped smoking again when I fell pregnant but unfortunately started again due to baby blues. I woke up this morning and looked at my baby who is now 18 weeks and thought I need to stop for him and me so I am going to try champix again. From before I had the nightmares and nausea but I found away round that and it really worked. Eat before taking the pill and the most important one was keep hydrated. I had. Drink a pint of water before bed and too another with meals and this seemed to stop the nightmares and the feeling down and has worked for many of my friends who I advised this to."

Chips (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am on day 20 and I feel nothing! No side effects, no funny tasting tobacco, no natural urge to quit. I have basically gone from 20 cigarettes/day down to 6 all on my own. The only way I feel the drug is working is the psychological pressure of looking at the pill count every day, knowing in the back of my mind that my family AND I expect to be quit by the end of the pack. I am having trouble with the morning coffee cigarettes and the end of day cigarettes. That makes 6. I can't get below that. Since the Champix doesn't work, I am basically going to have to use full strength willpower. I heard that you go into withdrawal when you stop Champix because it is filling up your dopamine receptors which will suddenly find themselves unstimulated when the Champix is done. We'll see how that goes. I vote Champix a 0/10."

opioid-100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I used chantix for 3 months. I never was depressed in my life before then. I had successful career, wife, kids, rich by some standards, but... I am still so depressed weeks, maybe months, since I quit chantix. My depression is so deep, I cannot think. Think really hard before you try this."

nemos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Chantix made me so depressed life didn't seem worth it, either doctors or Chantix doesn't really address depression. I spent weeks on the Psyc ward of our local hospital. FYI, the Chantix site won't even let me post on their site because it's negative - that should give the public something to think about. Yet it seems to be a known side effect."

cjmc September 17, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Um to say that I'll never try this again is an understatement. After the second week of treatment I was in the worst headspace where if everyone in the world died I would be fine with that. Literally anyone who crossed my path. Still smoking though."

Stillsmoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Hi, everyone, I don't understand why but today is day 13 of taking Champix and I am still smoking, so don't think it's going to work. I am feeling sad at this point. Anyone got any pointers?"

weelassie (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I just want to say, I smoked for over 50 years I tried several times in my life to stop smoking. Nothing worked! Then I heard about Chantix! Game changer, It will be 3 years Dec 8, 2018 that I stopped smoking. I know it would have never happened without Chantix Thank you!!!!"

granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am a smoker from 20 years I have taken a 2 month course and it's really awesome. My heart is full of thanks for champix"

Chinna September 10, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started taking Champix in May this year and had picked my stop date but on my stop date a family member died so I smoked like a mill chimney and stopped taking the tablets as it wasn't the right time to quit. Started again 8 days ago and haven't had a cig in 2 days, not only do I not want a cig but the thought of putting one in my mouth makes me want to vomit! The thought of putting food in my mouth also makes me want to vomit but at least I won't put on weight replacing cigs with food!!! Because of the food thing I'm cutting tablet down to 1/2 in morning & 1/2 at night as it has also affected my sleep, no crazy dreams just find myself awake at 1am and can't get back to sleep. Wondering if I need to take all 12 weeks or if I can stop taking them sooner??????"

Sick But Stopped (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a bit apprehensive to take this already being on meds for depression and anxiety but I had no issues. By day 3 I was already smoking less. By week 2 I was only smoking 1 a day and it tasted so bad. I am now coming to the end of my first month and haven't had a cigarette in 2 weeks. I am really happy that this is working because before I actually enjoyed smoking. I did find that if I ate with it I got sick though so I had to take on an empty stomach. Dreams were not crazy. Just remembered."

j-in-florida (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: "I started taking Champix on Boxing Day 2017, I had my last smoke on January 8th 2018. I haven't looked back since. I use to smoke 12 - 15 cigarettes a day , for 40 years, thought I'd never give up. I have been on methadone for 20 years , so addiction services funded my Champix. I had my prescription for a month before I started taking them , I was really worried about all the side effects I had heard about , so was a bit scared to start them. My pharmacist ask me after a month how I was doing and told him I hadn't started them cause I was bit worried bout side effects, and he told me "just get into them and don't over think it" and that's what I did. Everything was fine, it was a breeze, I only took them for 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks. I have never looked back it's been 8 months now since I have had a cigi. Doesn't worry me when people are smoking around me either. Best thing I could have ever done"

Jax (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Slowly working. On last set of third pack. Nausea used to kick in 15min after taking the tablet now it takes about 5min for the nausea to set in. Thankfully it’s effects are short term."

No (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm on my fifth week of taking Champix. Same side effects as what everybody else seems to be having. I haven't smoked a cigarette for 3 weeks - the longest I've ever gone without some kind of nicotine replacement. Champix really screws with my head but it's worth it to give up smoking. I'm a passionate smoker, always have been, but I know I'm onto a good thing with this."

Maple Cream (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked 32 years and quit with the help of Chantix I had zero side effects . Thank you Chantix"

Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...