User Reviews for Varenicline

Also known as: Champix, Chantix

Learn more about Varenicline.

Smoking Cessation 1148 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Varenicline reviews 1148 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Varenicline

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "It has really helped with urges and no real side effects I can tell except for more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, just more vivid and more memorable. Would recommend for anyone who REALLY wants to quit smoking."

Brucedrys April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I found myself almost immediately repulsed by the taste of smoking after only 4 days taking Champix. Granted, there could be some uncomfortable side effects, but the end result is well worth it. I have no desire to smoke any longer."

Phil92 April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I hope this will appeal to those considering taking Champix, more specifically those with doubts they will ever give up. I have been a smoker for the last ten years and I've tried giving up once which didn't even last 24 hours. I started Champix two weeks ago (currently on the last day of my 2nd week) and I continued to smoke on Champix for the first week and a half. Throughout this time I found the taste of smokes to be revolting and I would throw away half cigarettes which is unlike me. I thought the medication would work its magic and make me stop smoking, but no, that magic and the work had to come from me, so I set my quit date for the Thursday of my second week. I am now 4 days smoke free! It really works and helps!"

Lionelk April 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Worked for Me !!!!"

Judy Tory April 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I had a stroke at the age of 31 and had been smoking since the age of 15. so I knew I needed to stop now, and I took chantix and after 7 days I quit!!! it was very easy to do, I did have some bad dreams, but not nightmares, and also some nausea, but I could deal with that. this product really works!!!! would definitely recommend this product!"

kristenm (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This was the most amazing medication to ever try. I was told to take champix for 7 days before quitting, I was smoking two packs a day every single day I needed to quit, On day 3 I went from smoking 50 cigarettes a day to 10, day 4 I was smoking 5 smokes a day, by day 6 I was smoking 3 smokes a day and forcing myself to smoke as my doctor told me to continue smoking all the way up until day 7. It's been three years now and I haven't craved a single smoke, not even once. The doctor recommended taking champix for 6 months after quitting but I only took them for maybe a month and a half after quitting. It worked for me, it was a miracle, I never thought quitting could be so easy."

JessicaJo403 April 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started smoking at the age of 19. I am now 50 and decided it was time to quit or face serious health risks. I have quit many times and suffered through withdrawals but the cravings always got the best of me. I started Chantix with the aid of my Physician to see what would happen. Went through the withdrawal period and now I am amazed how my cravings have gone. I even stopped drinking pop and only drink tea and water now. Totally blown away!"

Kozmolion April 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started smoking at 19 and moved on to vaping 2 years ago with the occasional cig/pack. Now I'm 24 and I started taking champix 17 days ago. I stopped vaping/smoking at day 12 and the first 3 days were tough but bearable. I expected work to be the hardest part, but really the worst is in the evening when I would ordinarily be sitting on my couch vaping. Now I have a constant headache whenever I spend a few hours being a lazy ass, which is fine. It can cause your brain to feel a little off It's not miracle drug, you're still going to have to quit, but it will help you. I've been 4 days and 2 hours nicotine free and I already feel like ceremoniously throwing my vape off a bridge. also, Watch what you eat and get some exercise."

cwid (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for 16 years. After almost 3 weeks on Chantix I all of a sudden had no desire to smoke. I've been cigarette free for 17 days and loving the way my hair smells "

RebeccaKay March 30, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a heavy smoker for 33 years. I knew I couldn't give up without help, so I asked my Dr. for Champix prescription. I was really nervous after reading the side effects that could happen. Decided to try anyway. Stopped smoking on the 8th day. I have now been smoke free for 26 days. No serious side effects. This medication is amazing. I had tried so many times before but the cravings always got me. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about quitting."

smellyally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "ddferrari, I don't believe these people are faking about their experiences. Because I had a good experience with chantix. Honestly, I AM smoking again. I took this a couple of years ago for about a week or two and went from a pack a day to a cigarette every three days. So it DID help. BUT it did make me super tired so much to the point I felt sick constantly. I was having dreams. Dreams about my boyfriend cheating on me (which he was). I'm about to start taking them again. I had stopped back then because of all of that stuff. But I'm going to start again because I did see an improvement. This time I really plan on stopping..."

Brittanycoraline March 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 40 years, tried many times to quit over the years, had a light bulb moment early Feb, saw my GP on the 8th, last cigarette on 10th, no cravings, not been tempted, side affects minimal, found taking tablet with food works for me, also I only take the morning one since I started month two, still no cravings, will continue until the course is finished though, saving the money spent on cigarettes to take a cruise next year with my husband and friends, a reward that I hope will keep me focused"

AnnieNew March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Used Champix for 3 weeks. No side effects other than vivid dreams, no issues, have stopped smoking now for over 8 years. Wish it was free when I used it."

RKU March 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Thank you so much for Chantix! I have bullous emphysema. My doctor suggested Chantix so I figured I would give it a try. It took a couple of tries before I finally was able to quit. The fact that you continue to smoke for the first week of taking the medication makes it easier. The Chantix is building up in your system while you are starting to notice the cigarettes that you are really not craving but smoking more out of habit. It made me nauseous but not enough to stop taking it. February 10 of this year (2017) was 3 years since I quit smoking! On warning: DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. It caused MAJOR depression. You have to come off of it gradually. Would I do it again, though? You bet your butt, I would."

Sherry Lea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "The pills can make you feel like shit but you won't want a ciggy! Cravings almost never happen , it's so strange. When I tried to quit on my own all I thought about was the next smoke. Now I'm like a butterfly! I'm a month in and I want to stop because today I took a while pill and I'm feeling like throwing up! And headaches! BUT the smell of cigg does nothing for me. My pharmacist wants me to continue in case I'm just being cocky. I'll start to take half a pill now on and see how that goes!"

Emmmmmmmmmmmmm March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Day 2, definitely noticing reduced cravings but super nauseous and weird pain in left side of neck plus super tired even though I've been drinking a lot of coffee. I've been reading the reviews online and I'm not willing to continue taking with the serious side effects I'm reading about."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was only 2 weeks on Champix, I was planning to go on more than a month but that all changed after day 9 when I exercised will power and quit smoking any small amount of cigs I still smoked. The first 3 days were the worst when it came to cravings but they were bearable compared to the cravings I had when I was trying to quit without Champix. Honestly, one of the best things I have came across. I only had minimal side effects such as nausea and headache and I felt extra tired so usually went to bed earlier but I did not mind any of those! I am so happy that I am now 9 days smoke free and barely get any cravings and even if I do they go away fairly quickly! I can finally say I am smoke free after 8 years of 20/30 cigarettes a day!"

Lana159 March 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started working really fast. Went from a pack and half a day to three cigs or less in a week. I was thrilled. Week two I started getting really weird and vivid dreams. I also woke up one night, after going to sleep completely sober, with a fully prepped microwave burrito next to me that I didn't recall making. I found all this to be amusing, even enjoyable. Week three I became very withdrawn. My girlfriend said I was becoming irritable.. that I was hallucinating. She begged me to get off it but I was blind to the symptoms she stated. I strongly suspect night terrors born by this drug and hallucinations"

Thrawler (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a heavy smoker for 25 years and I tried to quit that habit many times before but I couldn’t, until two months back when I was walking in the mall and I thought why not to ask the pharmacist for an advice? So I did, and she advised me to use Champix, I wasn’t really convinced but I bought it to try it, I started using it while I was still smoking, and by the end of the first week the number of cigarettes reduced, I wanted to challenge the medicine and smoke but I couldn’t, I felt bad every time I lit a cigarette. It’s been 2 months now since I quit smoking, I can’t believe it! I am a non smoker?! I feel great, I am no longer worried about my health like before, I told my brothers and sisters about it and they all quit smoking too!!"

Yazzad February 23, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Dear Chartix, I have smoked for 27 years, I was so ready for that to change, I asked my doctor to give me a chance with trying it, she agreed! For me to tell you how now I have been free of smoking for 16 months now!! Thank you Chantix for helping me!!! Sincerely, Joanne"

JoJo42 February 19, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started champix 1/2/17 my stop day was going to be 14/2/17 to give me max time before stopping but I managed to stop on 12/2/17 it's only been 5 days but could never imagine going 5 hours without a cigarette before champix some bad dreams and feeling nauseous sometimes but definitely manageable"

Robinio (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I stopped smoking with Chantix six months ago and I took it for three months. Chantix is a help not a miracle, but it will help you to quit smoking. You will still experience some mild cravings, but they are not intense at all. I reduced those with stop smoking subliminal sessions you could find in youtube. Chantix was covered 100 % by my health insurance, thanks for that and thanks to Pfizer. Side effects are not bad compared to smoking. Dreams were vivid and I enjoyed them. I do advice if you can't stand the side effects, reduce the dose or do a liver detox before taking the pill. Unless you are allergic (rash), if that your case you might need to wait for Pfizer to come with another drug. I hope you quit smoking like I did. Best luck."

ChantixBestFan February 15, 2017