User Reviews for Varenicline

Also known as: Champix, Chantix

Learn more about Varenicline.

Smoking Cessation 1155 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Varenicline reviews 1155 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Varenicline

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I never really believed I would quit smoking. I loved smoking. I wanted to live longer and that is the only reason I wanted to quit. I chose option 3 plan on chantix 84 days to quit, you just cut in half each month. I had a lot of nausea so I took 1/2 dosage for 3 weeks. At end of 3 weeks I went from 2 packs a say to 7-8 cigs a day. Started full dose at this time and ate before taking that helped nausea, had a lot of weird dreams but slept better on chantix. Today is my stop date and I fully quit almost a month ago before my stop date. I have never felt as proud as I am right now, I did it. I just had to get past the first 2 weeks then it was smooth sailing. I let chantix do the work. Thanks chantix"

Loved smoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "5 years ago I used chantix to quit smoking. I had tried everything over the years I smoked and chantix was the only thing that ever stopped me from smoking. It even helped my mood. I suffer from depression and the chantix helped my mood during the time I used it. I am grateful for this medication"

Msmoky911 May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I hesitated to try Chantix due to the side effects. But I had some minor health scares and knew that my luck would run out soon. I really didn't want to quit smoking. I started Chantix 9 days ago. I smoked my last (hopefully) cigarette 6 days ago. I know it's very early in the quit process, I've done this before years ago. I've had no adverse effects from Chantix. Quitting has been one of the easiest things to do. Yes, I still have the urge to smoke at times but it's more the habitual urge. The cravings have been less than mild. I plan on this being the last time I have to quit, Chantix has made this a breeze so far!!"

CLauch (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I had no side effects. It was so easy for me."

hencass May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This is my 2nd round. I'm an idiot and started back a year later for the hell of it. This medicine is the best thing you can do if you want to quit. It makes it easy. I've quit every way you can and this is by far the best route. There's 2 things- Just make sure you drink a glass of milk with it, and you're going to have some crazy dreams. But that's nothing."

Chanell13181 May 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Hey all you people having bad dreams I have a suggestion. Take a 5mg Melatonin. That's what I do and haven't had a bad dream yet."

Daph24 May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been taking this for 3 days now. It has been helping me cut back tremendously. On a side note it has made me feel irritable during the day and I have had crazy dreams during the night. Nothing I can't deal with so I am going to continue taking it."

Kyle123456 April 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "It has really helped with urges and no real side effects I can tell except for more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, just more vivid and more memorable. Would recommend for anyone who REALLY wants to quit smoking."

Brucedrys April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I found myself almost immediately repulsed by the taste of smoking after only 4 days taking Champix. Granted, there could be some uncomfortable side effects, but the end result is well worth it. I have no desire to smoke any longer."

Phil92 April 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I hope this will appeal to those considering taking Champix, more specifically those with doubts they will ever give up. I have been a smoker for the last ten years and I've tried giving up once which didn't even last 24 hours. I started Champix two weeks ago (currently on the last day of my 2nd week) and I continued to smoke on Champix for the first week and a half. Throughout this time I found the taste of smokes to be revolting and I would throw away half cigarettes which is unlike me. I thought the medication would work its magic and make me stop smoking, but no, that magic and the work had to come from me, so I set my quit date for the Thursday of my second week. I am now 4 days smoke free! It really works and helps!"

Lionelk April 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Worked for Me !!!!"

Judy Tory April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I had a stroke at the age of 31 and had been smoking since the age of 15. so I knew I needed to stop now, and I took chantix and after 7 days I quit!!! it was very easy to do, I did have some bad dreams, but not nightmares, and also some nausea, but I could deal with that. this product really works!!!! would definitely recommend this product!"

kristenm (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This was the most amazing medication to ever try. I was told to take champix for 7 days before quitting, I was smoking two packs a day every single day I needed to quit, On day 3 I went from smoking 50 cigarettes a day to 10, day 4 I was smoking 5 smokes a day, by day 6 I was smoking 3 smokes a day and forcing myself to smoke as my doctor told me to continue smoking all the way up until day 7. It's been three years now and I haven't craved a single smoke, not even once. The doctor recommended taking champix for 6 months after quitting but I only took them for maybe a month and a half after quitting. It worked for me, it was a miracle, I never thought quitting could be so easy."

JessicaJo403 April 7, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started smoking at the age of 19. I am now 50 and decided it was time to quit or face serious health risks. I have quit many times and suffered through withdrawals but the cravings always got the best of me. I started Chantix with the aid of my Physician to see what would happen. Went through the withdrawal period and now I am amazed how my cravings have gone. I even stopped drinking pop and only drink tea and water now. Totally blown away!"

Kozmolion April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started smoking at 19 and moved on to vaping 2 years ago with the occasional cig/pack. Now I'm 24 and I started taking champix 17 days ago. I stopped vaping/smoking at day 12 and the first 3 days were tough but bearable. I expected work to be the hardest part, but really the worst is in the evening when I would ordinarily be sitting on my couch vaping. Now I have a constant headache whenever I spend a few hours being a lazy ass, which is fine. It can cause your brain to feel a little off It's not miracle drug, you're still going to have to quit, but it will help you. I've been 4 days and 2 hours nicotine free and I already feel like ceremoniously throwing my vape off a bridge. also, Watch what you eat and get some exercise."

cwid (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for 16 years. After almost 3 weeks on Chantix I all of a sudden had no desire to smoke. I've been cigarette free for 17 days and loving the way my hair smells "

RebeccaKay March 30, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a heavy smoker for 33 years. I knew I couldn't give up without help, so I asked my Dr. for Champix prescription. I was really nervous after reading the side effects that could happen. Decided to try anyway. Stopped smoking on the 8th day. I have now been smoke free for 26 days. No serious side effects. This medication is amazing. I had tried so many times before but the cravings always got me. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about quitting."

smellyally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "ddferrari, I don't believe these people are faking about their experiences. Because I had a good experience with chantix. Honestly, I AM smoking again. I took this a couple of years ago for about a week or two and went from a pack a day to a cigarette every three days. So it DID help. BUT it did make me super tired so much to the point I felt sick constantly. I was having dreams. Dreams about my boyfriend cheating on me (which he was). I'm about to start taking them again. I had stopped back then because of all of that stuff. But I'm going to start again because I did see an improvement. This time I really plan on stopping..."

Brittanycoraline March 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 40 years, tried many times to quit over the years, had a light bulb moment early Feb, saw my GP on the 8th, last cigarette on 10th, no cravings, not been tempted, side affects minimal, found taking tablet with food works for me, also I only take the morning one since I started month two, still no cravings, will continue until the course is finished though, saving the money spent on cigarettes to take a cruise next year with my husband and friends, a reward that I hope will keep me focused"

AnnieNew March 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Used Champix for 3 weeks. No side effects other than vivid dreams, no issues, have stopped smoking now for over 8 years. Wish it was free when I used it."

RKU March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Thank you so much for Chantix! I have bullous emphysema. My doctor suggested Chantix so I figured I would give it a try. It took a couple of tries before I finally was able to quit. The fact that you continue to smoke for the first week of taking the medication makes it easier. The Chantix is building up in your system while you are starting to notice the cigarettes that you are really not craving but smoking more out of habit. It made me nauseous but not enough to stop taking it. February 10 of this year (2017) was 3 years since I quit smoking! On warning: DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. It caused MAJOR depression. You have to come off of it gradually. Would I do it again, though? You bet your butt, I would."

Sherry Lea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "The pills can make you feel like shit but you won't want a ciggy! Cravings almost never happen , it's so strange. When I tried to quit on my own all I thought about was the next smoke. Now I'm like a butterfly! I'm a month in and I want to stop because today I took a while pill and I'm feeling like throwing up! And headaches! BUT the smell of cigg does nothing for me. My pharmacist wants me to continue in case I'm just being cocky. I'll start to take half a pill now on and see how that goes!"

Emmmmmmmmmmmmm March 12, 2017