User Reviews for Varenicline

Also known as: Champix, Chantix

Learn more about Varenicline.

Smoking Cessation 1136 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Varenicline reviews 1136 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Varenicline

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Used Champix for 3 weeks. No side effects other than vivid dreams, no issues, have stopped smoking now for over 8 years. Wish it was free when I used it."

RKU March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Thank you so much for Chantix! I have bullous emphysema. My doctor suggested Chantix so I figured I would give it a try. It took a couple of tries before I finally was able to quit. The fact that you continue to smoke for the first week of taking the medication makes it easier. The Chantix is building up in your system while you are starting to notice the cigarettes that you are really not craving but smoking more out of habit. It made me nauseous but not enough to stop taking it. February 10 of this year (2017) was 3 years since I quit smoking! On warning: DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. It caused MAJOR depression. You have to come off of it gradually. Would I do it again, though? You bet your butt, I would."

Sherry Lea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "The pills can make you feel like shit but you won't want a ciggy! Cravings almost never happen , it's so strange. When I tried to quit on my own all I thought about was the next smoke. Now I'm like a butterfly! I'm a month in and I want to stop because today I took a while pill and I'm feeling like throwing up! And headaches! BUT the smell of cigg does nothing for me. My pharmacist wants me to continue in case I'm just being cocky. I'll start to take half a pill now on and see how that goes!"

Emmmmmmmmmmmmm March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Day 2, definitely noticing reduced cravings but super nauseous and weird pain in left side of neck plus super tired even though I've been drinking a lot of coffee. I've been reading the reviews online and I'm not willing to continue taking with the serious side effects I'm reading about."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was only 2 weeks on Champix, I was planning to go on more than a month but that all changed after day 9 when I exercised will power and quit smoking any small amount of cigs I still smoked. The first 3 days were the worst when it came to cravings but they were bearable compared to the cravings I had when I was trying to quit without Champix. Honestly, one of the best things I have came across. I only had minimal side effects such as nausea and headache and I felt extra tired so usually went to bed earlier but I did not mind any of those! I am so happy that I am now 9 days smoke free and barely get any cravings and even if I do they go away fairly quickly! I can finally say I am smoke free after 8 years of 20/30 cigarettes a day!"

Lana159 March 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started working really fast. Went from a pack and half a day to three cigs or less in a week. I was thrilled. Week two I started getting really weird and vivid dreams. I also woke up one night, after going to sleep completely sober, with a fully prepped microwave burrito next to me that I didn't recall making. I found all this to be amusing, even enjoyable. Week three I became very withdrawn. My girlfriend said I was becoming irritable.. that I was hallucinating. She begged me to get off it but I was blind to the symptoms she stated. I strongly suspect night terrors born by this drug and hallucinations"

Thrawler (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was a heavy smoker for 25 years and I tried to quit that habit many times before but I couldn’t, until two months back when I was walking in the mall and I thought why not to ask the pharmacist for an advice? So I did, and she advised me to use Champix, I wasn’t really convinced but I bought it to try it, I started using it while I was still smoking, and by the end of the first week the number of cigarettes reduced, I wanted to challenge the medicine and smoke but I couldn’t, I felt bad every time I lit a cigarette. It’s been 2 months now since I quit smoking, I can’t believe it! I am a non smoker?! I feel great, I am no longer worried about my health like before, I told my brothers and sisters about it and they all quit smoking too!!"

Yazzad February 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Dear Chartix, I have smoked for 27 years, I was so ready for that to change, I asked my doctor to give me a chance with trying it, she agreed! For me to tell you how now I have been free of smoking for 16 months now!! Thank you Chantix for helping me!!! Sincerely, Joanne"

JoJo42 February 19, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Started champix 1/2/17 my stop day was going to be 14/2/17 to give me max time before stopping but I managed to stop on 12/2/17 it's only been 5 days but could never imagine going 5 hours without a cigarette before champix some bad dreams and feeling nauseous sometimes but definitely manageable"

Robinio (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I stopped smoking with Chantix six months ago and I took it for three months. Chantix is a help not a miracle, but it will help you to quit smoking. You will still experience some mild cravings, but they are not intense at all. I reduced those with stop smoking subliminal sessions you could find in youtube. Chantix was covered 100 % by my health insurance, thanks for that and thanks to Pfizer. Side effects are not bad compared to smoking. Dreams were vivid and I enjoyed them. I do advice if you can't stand the side effects, reduce the dose or do a liver detox before taking the pill. Unless you are allergic (rash), if that your case you might need to wait for Pfizer to come with another drug. I hope you quit smoking like I did. Best luck."

ChantixBestFan February 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was on Champix for my 19th day, when I decided tomorrow would finally be the day I'll stop!! Hid anything, that wouid remind me.. ashtrays, papers, filters, lighters... Difficult when your house is a half-way house for your sons homeless mates, all smokers!! (At least they can't hit me up ATM!!) Anyway, that brings me to 4 days of not smoking. About to go to bed, tomorrow will be my fifth.. I've never had any serious issues with Champix!! I've tried, and given up, twice before, things have just happened... I have always had the nightmares, which I love!! This time around, (I always eat with them) hours after taking it, I'll suddenly get a massive headache and full-on nausea, out of nowhere, at the exact same time!!"

Shazzbah February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 17 years, was *determined* to quit, but they do say the mind is willing but the body is weak. I needed a little help and asked my GP for Champix. Currently 6 months without having had a cigarette, of which 4 months were completely craving free. I can be around people actually smoking and it doesn't phase me. No desire to pick it up again what so ever. The aim of the game: You have to really, really WANT to quit. Yes, it's scary, and yes you will wonder if you can do it. But deep down, if you really WANT to quit, these pills will see you through. And if you can: get an App that keeps track on how long you have been smoke free. I had 0 side effects. Miracle drug indeed."

30F_TheNetherlands February 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation: "This is the third time quitting. The second time I had quite for two yrs and unfortunately started again. After three months of smoking again I decided I need to quit again. I was worried the third time it wouldn't work. After the six day the cravings were nearly gone and smoking tasted horrendous. When I took a drag I didn't get any good feelings from it. So at that point smoking was useless. I didn't even finish my pack. I also learned to take the pills on a full stomach and no problems with nausea this time around. Some dreams but I sleep like a baby!! This drug is my life savour!!!"

Jj3369 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Beware of this drug!!!! My partner had the worst experience ever emotions all over the place angry, erratic and 100% not him. I was so worried I would get a call or he killed himself or in lockup worst time of our life! He couldn't even remember the things he was doing and would snap in and out of it"

kate beth February 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am on my 12th tablet, gave up smoking on the 6th tablet, but I am suffering with side affects, tired, nausea, I ache all over and having terrible nightmares, my mouth is constantly dry and food doesn't have any taste to it However on the plus side, I don't want a fag and feel sick at the thought of one, I'm hoping to stay on the tablets as long as possible to kick this habit, but with two children to look after, it's hard! I'm going to only take one tablet a day from tomorrow and see if that helps"

Lou06 February 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started chantix in November of 2016 followed the directions to a T and have now been smoke free for 3 months!! You have to have the will-power to want to quit otherwise it will be a waste of money. Chantix definitely cut the cravings which made the transition from heavy smoker to non-smoker as easy as possible. Although I did have many crying and angry episodes it was very well worth the struggle. I am very proud to say that I'm 3 months smoke free and couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend chantix to start you healthy new you!! Congratulations on you new journey to becoming smoke free!!"

Weatherproof February 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 50 years. Last 20 years 2-3 packs a day and lots and lots of alcohol. I came to a mindset that I needed to stop. Took me a month and a half of champix everyday and I've knitted a scarf that would go around the world. Had a couple of very vivid dreams, not scary. Learned very quickly to eat a good balanced meal before taking champix, to keep nausea away. Drank lots of water and still do everyday. For the first time in over 3 decades I have a clear head, feel good and confident that I can make good decisions. Now I am at a stage of getting more motion into my days. I truly was amazed how stopping smoking and no drinking went hand in hand, and my healthy food choices all work and I feel GREAT."

hillybird (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 45yrs tried everything out there including hypnotism nothing worked . Tried Champix Nov15 2016 some weird dreams the first week a bit of nausea also a headache now and then. Happy to say I have not smoked after setting a date, within two weeks of starting pills slowly reduced to 2 or 3 cigs per day then quit, took 2x 0.5mg pills per day for the month of December then stopped. All good so far still once in a while get an urge, but one thing I read Or heard that I find helps get through the urge is, the need for a smoke lasts about 3 minutes on average so I find something to do, now Feb/1st smoke and Champix free. Good luck"

Scruffier February 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This absolutely works. I quit twice but I needed more than 2 months (doctor did not think so). When I got a new RX last year, the cost was out of sight...185.00/month. I had hoped the cost would come down because I know it works. For now, I am in limbo......"

Marilynp44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I quit smoking more than a year and a half ago after smoking more than forty five years up to and including 3-4 packs a day I have never looked back other that as I go out the door I check my shirt pocket to make sure I have my lighter and my smokes! Not! my life has changed forever for the better now that I a a non smoker"

Tonytony-smith.com (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "ONE DAY OR DAY ONE: you decide. Yesterday I decided to get Chantix rx from doctor and started the pills. ONLY eleven years smoking, I'm not even thirty and feel like shiz, I can't imagine how horrible I'll feel in 11 more--if I'm still alive. Smoked the last cig in my pack a while ago, official quit day is Feb 13th--one month after my smoking co-worker (over 20 years, pack+/day) quit cold turkey. This is my Day One."

LovarGul January 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "My second time on the medication. I quit for a year on it before and the first time I only used it for 3 months. Now using again to quit but this time I'm not letting any horrible life event bring me back to smoking. This is the only thing that works for me. Its amazing and even it give me hi-def crazy realistic dreams I actually I don't mind dreaming about Ryan Reynolds on a yacht except when I wake up and its not real. In all seriousness it's amazing"

Dedede January 28, 2017