User Reviews for Varenicline

Also known as: Champix, Chantix

Learn more about Varenicline.

Smoking Cessation 1180 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Varenicline reviews 1180 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Varenicline

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I used Chantix to quit smoking ten years ago after many failed efforts. The ONLY issue I had was some nausea. Thank you Chantix for freeing me from an addiction I thought I couldn't beat."

Neuman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This drug will literally make you lose your mind. My coordination was off like I was temporary brain damaged or something crazy . You low life's who don't share that it's success rate and suicide is very common and Luckily I've been through worse with my pain pill addiction. They only show 90% of there good reviews because this is all about and creating more customers. I also guarantee most these people that rated this as a 8 or higher were compensated to do so. It has warnings but they hide the real stories"

Anonymous July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I read the reviews on Champix and thought maybe my experience maybe helpful to someone. I stopped smoking for 2 months cold turkey and experienced nearly every side effect listed by people as being caused by Champix. Could these be possibly caused by nicotine withdrawal ?? And not the drug?? Cold turkey, l suffered anxiety, low mood, felt like time was standing still, difficulty concentrating, headaches, irritability, insomnia, vivid dreams that actually seemed real, restless legs, gastric disturbances and tingling of my hands and feet and cravings. I found lots of water and making myself exercise helped. Starting Champix today and nicotine patches as recommended by my Dr."

Donsi July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am so grateful for this medication. I smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. The longest I went without a cigarette was 3 weeks. I tried the patch, the gum, and the electronic cigarette; nothing worked (though the patch was great for long flights). My experience is a little different than most because I never had bad dreams (they've actually be better) since I started, I'm never nauseated (though I make sure I take the morning pill after breakfast and the evening pill after dinner), and I didn't stop smoking until month two (not week two). On week two, the number of cigarettes I was smoking dropped down to about five per day. And I didn't even notice I was cutting down. I highly recommend this to quit."

Imagine a nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I started on June 15. I set my quit date for July 15. That gave me a whole month to smoke if I so desired and to get my mind set to quitting. I had 2 packs of cigarettes left when I started. It was amazing how this worked. I didn't make it to my quit date. The desire to smoke was completely gone about 5 days before the 15th, and I still have 1/2 a pack of cigarettes sitting right out where I see them every time I walk by. No desire to pick one up at all. I've smoked for 50 years. The only side effect that I have is severe nausea and dry heaves, No matter when or how I take it. I have tried everything to calm it, but nothing has worked so far. I am now trying ginger tea. I sip on it all day long. "

padan (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Hi, I started the Champix 15 days ago. The first week I smoked as usual but decreased down from 20 to 10 cigs a day. The second week on the increased dosage was horrible, really bad headaches and the the mid day fatigue was crippling. Spend the afternoon having to lay down. Tried the 1 mg for three days and the side effects did not improve. I went back to the lower dosage and feeling better. Issue is I am past my quit day but down to 5 cigs a day. Don't know what to do next, can't go back to the higher dosage and having the cravings. How long is it safe to take the Champix and to continue to smoke? Can I try to take a NRT in form of a lozenge with the Champix?"

Pedejo July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked the devil sticks for 6 years. I'm young and didn't want to smoke forever so I decided to try chantix. Had upset stomach if it wasn't taken after eating. Dreams were vivid but cool I love too dream so no problem with me. Today marks one month since I had my last devil stick and I couldn't be more excited about the path I decided to take to change my life."

Jada135 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Fantastic tablets! First week I was still smoking as normal, I didn't feel any different so part of me thought the tablets weren't going to work. I set my quit date as day 10. Started day 8 on the higher dose and that's when I really noticed a difference. Days 8 and 9 I stopped enjoying smoking, and I kept stubbing them out halfway.. even when drinking which is when I usually chain smoke. I'm now 7 days smoke free, no cravings at all since day 9! I only take the morning tablet on the high dose because the evening one makes me feel extremely sick for some reason, but the morning one alone is working wonders. I don't even crave when sat around smokers anymore! I can't believe this stuff works! Bit of nausea, no vivid dreams. Worth it!!!"

SmokeFreeSoph July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was skeptical, I heard so many good things and it sounded like a miracle drug. After learning I developed asthma I got scared enough to take the plunge. It was free with my insurance (bonus!) After taking Chantix for two weeks I started noticing a disgust for cigarettes. I would try smoking out of habit but would become nauseated. It smelled bad and tasted worse. From there I pretty much didn't want to smoke anymore and didn't even have many cravings. There were days that I did crave, but I pushed through them easily. I also had two days of off and on headaches from (I presume) withdraw. Now I can say I am two weeks cigarette free thanks to Chantix and I love being able to breathe not to mention the extra money I save."

nnnssssaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I woke up on day 9 taking Chantix completely oblivious to the fact that was even a smoker. Forgot all about it. Dreams were pretty vivid but cool, not one scary dream. I've been smoke free for a year and don't have any urges to go back. I love feeling clean and healthy ."

MyxaRita July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for over 20yrs. I'm 38. Started when I was 15. Didn't ever think I could quit. I enjoyed smoking. I made the decision to stop. Got a script from my Dr. It was free with my insurance. Read side effects and I was like wow ok, You can do this. Best decision I ever made. I have been tobacco free for 3 weeks now. My kids love the fact that I quit. I've had a few weird dreams and nausea. But nothing I can't handle. Nausea goes away after a few minutes. I never really remember the dreams. So I give Chantix 2 thumbs up. However, keep in mind that you have to want to quit and be ready to quit for a successful out come. I hope this helped. Good Luck!"

Kina1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "After 40 years of smoking - the last 10 at 3 packs a day - I finally tried Champix. After patches, gum, spray, lozenges all didn't work, I experienced very strong withdrawal symptoms with all three. I got a Rx and began taking them. After about 3 - 4 days I started to feel quite sick to my stomach. I read the info about side effects and there it was: nausea is the first and most common side effect. My doc recommended an anti nausea pill commonly called Gravol and after taking both, the nausea disappeared. What's very important to know about Champix is that it removes the withdrawal symptoms. Completely! Try it, it sure worked for me and I hope it works for you. Cheers and good luck!"

VancouverJack June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Chantix is a miracle drug. On my quit day after eight hours I realized that I had not smoked the whole entire day. It is a miracle drug. Thank you"

Ginger fultz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I have High Blood pressure! It was under control with medication. I was put on Chantix because I truly wanted to kick the habit. Well! for me after about 3 days I found I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without my BP dropping (well below what was normal for me.) Others I know have had no side effects and are still smoke free."

Linda J-B (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Fantastic product. Went from 30+ a day to 5 years smoke free after trying for more than 20 years to quit. The only side effect was slight nausea which only lasted a short time. I suffer with depression and anxiety so was very cautious with Champix but I found no adverse reactions regarding my mental health The instructions were clear, and easy to follow. I didn't need the whole 12 week course but I put that down to its effectiveness. Would definitely recommend this."

Dianesuk (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I am 40 years old, I used to be a chain smoker approx (70-80 Cig/day) for about 23 years continuously, I was skeptical at the beginning, I though that nothing in the whole world would make me stop smoking, actually I was convincing myself that I love smoking ! It started that one of my friends who was a heavy smoker also and stopped smoking using Champix, somehow he convinced me to give it a shot, 1st week I continued smoking normally, I felt no changes almost but I was pre-informed that the 1st week is just a buffer zone, 2nd week once started the full dose (1 mg twice) I started feeling bad taste of the cigarette and it is not giving the usual pleasure used to give, therefore I decided or actually I found myself obliged to reduce the amount of cigarettes I smaoked."

Hany Sabry June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I've been on Chantix for six weeks and have uncontrollably made contact with every ex-girlfriend I've ever had, to rehash all of our relationship problems. On a more positive note, I'm feeling optimistic about quitting smoking. Anyone considering chantix should delete the phone numbers of all their exes. Trust me."

SickRicky June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I've been smoking for 50 years and was up to 2.5 packs a day, it was time to try to do something about trying to stop or slow down. I looked at chantix on the internet and the side effects scared me. I talked to a few people and they said it worked to help them cut down but they didn't stay on it because they had nightmares. I decided I would give a try so called doctor and received a prescription. Followed directions and it was probably one of the best things I did in my life. After one month I stopped smoking completely and have not had one in 6 months. I staying on chantix for 3 months never had any side effects for myself. I just want to say thank you for chantix you probably gave me a longer life and I feel so much better."

Mx62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "This drug is amazing....free from my insurance & Within 10days I was & still am smoke free going on 1 month"

Lovenlifeasmomnwife June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation: "Smoked for 15 years - Had 2 smokes left in the pack when I got the pills - Stopped smoking from day 1 of taking the pills - Didn't crave smoking but felt very sad and emotional about not smoking Mood was good - but depressed about not smoking - No sleep issues as I took my dose early in the morning and at lunch The full double dose bothered my stomach so I cut back down to half Been smoke free for 3 weeks including drinking beer - coffee - and 4 rounds of golf"

Mike Wddum (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "After a health scare I opted to try chantix even though I was a bit nervous about the side effects. So far I am amazed with how well it's working. Definitely got some nausea (pretty bad) and headaches but helped a lot if taken with food. Dreams were vivid and I remember them more but nothing awful. I just started a week ago and stop smoking fully 3 days ago - obviously long road ahead, but I can't believe how easy this has been. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, very few cravings - which I can easily shake off. I've been smoking a pack a day for 20 years and never thought I quit! I highly recommend."

Sarah4236 June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Quit smoking June 15th 2011. Chantex took the edge off the nicotine withdrawal. I had smoked for 40 plus years. I had tried everything but this did the trick. Don't be fooled, you have to want to quit."

Strombo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I was so stoked that this medication worked for friends and helped them quit smoking. I began taking this and I was so disappointed that it didn't help one bit."

Jaygee21 May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Champix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "I never review products on line when I purchase them, but if this review can help someone quit smoking, I am more then happy to review this product. What Champix does is let you keep smoking for a week or so while taking the pills, but by the end of the first week, you don't even feel like smoking. I have smoked over a pack per day for just over 40 years, I have tried every trick I know for quitting during that time. I have not had a cigarette in 72 days. The pill takes care of the cravings for smoking, but not the mental urge to light up. At first that is a bit hard, but the urges get less frequent and come less often over time, toothpicks help. If you are trying to quit, your answer is with this product."

Georgeoro May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: "Miraculous. I don't do reviews but this drug is so amazing that I felt compelled to share my experience I'm 60 years old and have smoked on and off most of my life quitting for periods as long as eight years at one point I've always quit cold turkey maybe four or five times in the past. This time I just couldn't my wife had quit using Chantix so I tried it as a last resort After week one I still enjoyed smoking at the end of week two still no change I truly didn't think it was going to work towards the end of week three all of the sudden I lost interest and smoked a few cigarettes over the next couple days finished up a pack on the Sunday night, Monday morning and I never even thought about it no urges no cravings. It works."

Miraculous May 25, 2017