User Reviews for Varenicline

Also known as: Champix, Chantix

Learn more about Varenicline.

Varenicline Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Varenicline to treat Smoking Cessation

Chantix (varenicline): "Chantix is a miracle drug. On my quit day after eight hours I realized that I had not smoked the whole entire day. It is a miracle drug. Thank you"

Ginger fultz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I have High Blood pressure! It was under control with medication. I was put on Chantix because I truly wanted to kick the habit. Well! for me after about 3 days I found I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without my BP dropping (well below what was normal for me.) Others I know have had no side effects and are still smoke free."

Linda J-B (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline): "Fantastic product. Went from 30+ a day to 5 years smoke free after trying for more than 20 years to quit. The only side effect was slight nausea which only lasted a short time. I suffer with depression and anxiety so was very cautious with Champix but I found no adverse reactions regarding my mental health The instructions were clear, and easy to follow. I didn't need the whole 12 week course but I put that down to its effectiveness. Would definitely recommend this."

Dianesuk (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline): "I am 40 years old, I used to be a chain smoker approx (70-80 Cig/day) for about 23 years continuously, I was skeptical at the beginning, I though that nothing in the whole world would make me stop smoking, actually I was convincing myself that I love smoking ! It started that one of my friends who was a heavy smoker also and stopped smoking using Champix, somehow he convinced me to give it a shot, 1st week I continued smoking normally, I felt no changes almost but I was pre-informed that the 1st week is just a buffer zone, 2nd week once started the full dose (1 mg twice) I started feeling bad taste of the cigarette and it is not giving the usual pleasure used to give, therefore I decided or actually I found myself obliged to reduce the amount of cigarettes I smaoked."

Hany Sabry June 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I've been on Chantix for six weeks and have uncontrollably made contact with every ex-girlfriend I've ever had, to rehash all of our relationship problems. On a more positive note, I'm feeling optimistic about quitting smoking. Anyone considering chantix should delete the phone numbers of all their exes. Trust me."

SickRicky June 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I've been smoking for 50 years and was up to 2.5 packs a day, it was time to try to do something about trying to stop or slow down. I looked at chantix on the internet and the side effects scared me. I talked to a few people and they said it worked to help them cut down but they didn't stay on it because they had nightmares. I decided I would give a try so called doctor and received a prescription. Followed directions and it was probably one of the best things I did in my life. After one month I stopped smoking completely and have not had one in 6 months. I staying on chantix for 3 months never had any side effects for myself. I just want to say thank you for chantix you probably gave me a longer life and I feel so much better."

Mx62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "This drug is amazing....free from my insurance & Within 10days I was & still am smoke free going on 1 month"

Lovenlifeasmomnwife June 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Smoked for 15 years - Had 2 smokes left in the pack when I got the pills - Stopped smoking from day 1 of taking the pills - Didn't crave smoking but felt very sad and emotional about not smoking Mood was good - but depressed about not smoking - No sleep issues as I took my dose early in the morning and at lunch The full double dose bothered my stomach so I cut back down to half Been smoke free for 3 weeks including drinking beer - coffee - and 4 rounds of golf"

Mike Wddum (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "After a health scare I opted to try chantix even though I was a bit nervous about the side effects. So far I am amazed with how well it's working. Definitely got some nausea (pretty bad) and headaches but helped a lot if taken with food. Dreams were vivid and I remember them more but nothing awful. I just started a week ago and stop smoking fully 3 days ago - obviously long road ahead, but I can't believe how easy this has been. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, very few cravings - which I can easily shake off. I've been smoking a pack a day for 20 years and never thought I quit! I highly recommend."

Sarah4236 June 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "Quit smoking June 15th 2011. Chantex took the edge off the nicotine withdrawal. I had smoked for 40 plus years. I had tried everything but this did the trick. Don't be fooled, you have to want to quit."

Strombo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I was so stoked that this medication worked for friends and helped them quit smoking. I began taking this and I was so disappointed that it didn't help one bit."

Jaygee21 May 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline): "I never review products on line when I purchase them, but if this review can help someone quit smoking, I am more then happy to review this product. What Champix does is let you keep smoking for a week or so while taking the pills, but by the end of the first week, you don't even feel like smoking. I have smoked over a pack per day for just over 40 years, I have tried every trick I know for quitting during that time. I have not had a cigarette in 72 days. The pill takes care of the cravings for smoking, but not the mental urge to light up. At first that is a bit hard, but the urges get less frequent and come less often over time, toothpicks help. If you are trying to quit, your answer is with this product."

Georgeoro May 29, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "Miraculous. I don't do reviews but this drug is so amazing that I felt compelled to share my experience I'm 60 years old and have smoked on and off most of my life quitting for periods as long as eight years at one point I've always quit cold turkey maybe four or five times in the past. This time I just couldn't my wife had quit using Chantix so I tried it as a last resort After week one I still enjoyed smoking at the end of week two still no change I truly didn't think it was going to work towards the end of week three all of the sudden I lost interest and smoked a few cigarettes over the next couple days finished up a pack on the Sunday night, Monday morning and I never even thought about it no urges no cravings. It works."

Miraculous May 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I never really believed I would quit smoking. I loved smoking. I wanted to live longer and that is the only reason I wanted to quit. I chose option 3 plan on chantix 84 days to quit, you just cut in half each month. I had a lot of nausea so I took 1/2 dosage for 3 weeks. At end of 3 weeks I went from 2 packs a say to 7-8 cigs a day. Started full dose at this time and ate before taking that helped nausea, had a lot of weird dreams but slept better on chantix. Today is my stop date and I fully quit almost a month ago before my stop date. I have never felt as proud as I am right now, I did it. I just had to get past the first 2 weeks then it was smooth sailing. I let chantix do the work. Thanks chantix"

Loved smoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "5 years ago I used chantix to quit smoking. I had tried everything over the years I smoked and chantix was the only thing that ever stopped me from smoking. It even helped my mood. I suffer from depression and the chantix helped my mood during the time I used it. I am grateful for this medication"

Msmoky911 May 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I hesitated to try Chantix due to the side effects. But I had some minor health scares and knew that my luck would run out soon. I really didn't want to quit smoking. I started Chantix 9 days ago. I smoked my last (hopefully) cigarette 6 days ago. I know it's very early in the quit process, I've done this before years ago. I've had no adverse effects from Chantix. Quitting has been one of the easiest things to do. Yes, I still have the urge to smoke at times but it's more the habitual urge. The cravings have been less than mild. I plan on this being the last time I have to quit, Chantix has made this a breeze so far!!"

CLauch (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I had no side effects. It was so easy for me."

hencass May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "This is my 2nd round. I'm an idiot and started back a year later for the hell of it. This medicine is the best thing you can do if you want to quit. It makes it easy. I've quit every way you can and this is by far the best route. There's 2 things- Just make sure you drink a glass of milk with it, and you're going to have some crazy dreams. But that's nothing."

Chanell13181 May 4, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "Hey all you people having bad dreams I have a suggestion. Take a 5mg Melatonin. That's what I do and haven't had a bad dream yet."

Daph24 May 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I have been taking this for 3 days now. It has been helping me cut back tremendously. On a side note it has made me feel irritable during the day and I have had crazy dreams during the night. Nothing I can't deal with so I am going to continue taking it."

Kyle123456 April 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "It has really helped with urges and no real side effects I can tell except for more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, just more vivid and more memorable. Would recommend for anyone who REALLY wants to quit smoking."

Brucedrys April 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline): "I found myself almost immediately repulsed by the taste of smoking after only 4 days taking Champix. Granted, there could be some uncomfortable side effects, but the end result is well worth it. I have no desire to smoke any longer."

Phil92 April 17, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Champix (varenicline): "I hope this will appeal to those considering taking Champix, more specifically those with doubts they will ever give up. I have been a smoker for the last ten years and I've tried giving up once which didn't even last 24 hours. I started Champix two weeks ago (currently on the last day of my 2nd week) and I continued to smoke on Champix for the first week and a half. Throughout this time I found the taste of smokes to be revolting and I would throw away half cigarettes which is unlike me. I thought the medication would work its magic and make me stop smoking, but no, that magic and the work had to come from me, so I set my quit date for the Thursday of my second week. I am now 4 days smoke free! It really works and helps!"

Lionelk April 9, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "Worked for Me !!!!"

Judy Tory April 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chantix (varenicline): "I had a stroke at the age of 31 and had been smoking since the age of 15. so I knew I needed to stop now, and I took chantix and after 7 days I quit!!! it was very easy to do, I did have some bad dreams, but not nightmares, and also some nausea, but I could deal with that. this product really works!!!! would definitely recommend this product!"

kristenm (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017