User Reviews for Nicorette

Smoking Cessation 7.0

Reviews for Nicorette

SNIC33 April 30, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 6 years having a pack and a day habit and quit using nicotine gum, but then got addicted. I chewed about 12-15 pieces a day. I tried many times to quit replacing it with regular gum, but went back on the nicotine gum. I have been recently diagnosed with a silent heart attack that was picked up by an EKG and was told that they don’t know when it happened. Subsequent tests indicate heart damage from my attack. I am convinced it is the gum and I have not chewed a piece since for a couple months. Now I have read research that nicotine with E cigarettes is causing heart risks and reading more about risks from the gum. My regular doctor and cardiologist say the gum and dosages I chewed caused no harm. I think it did and I bet we will find out soon from scientists how much harm pure nicotine will cause. Yes, I am irritable and depressed from giving up the gum, but I want to survive and get better so I am giving nicotine gum the boot.”

Estelle February 26, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “So today is my first day of stopping smoking, Previously I have tried to stop using the patches but later learned that I was allergic to them resulting in a rash. Anyway today I’m using the gum and after only trying 1 of them I would MUCH rather go cold turkey then to have them everyday! After a minute of having it I started to get a burning sensation at the back of my throat which is a common side effect but one I rather not have and then I started to feel faint and dizzy so I chucked it in the bin couldn’t take it anymore! It’s currently been more then 5 hours since I’ve taken that single bit of gum and I’m now getting really bad stomach pains, nausea, dizziness & fatigue... not only that what’s the point of taking the gum which has addictive nicotine in it to try and stop smoking? It doesn’t make sense. I actually didn’t know that when I bought it silly me but in my opinion I would much rather go cold turkey then to put my body though all that pain to stop smoking!”

Unicorn January 6, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Have smoked since 15 years of age, with a few stints of not smoking; quit for 1 year when I was 22, 6 months @ 26, 6 weeks @ 34. For the last 2 years I have not smoked through the week days, just at nights and then no restrictions on the weekends. The year of quitting was with nicorette gum, eventually I found my need to chew the gum went without me even realizing it. The other two times I tried to quit I did it cold turkey but not as successfully as with the gum. I have just quit at 40, this time I am most determined and chewing one piece of gum at night per day and grateful to be smoke free. I think it is just down to what suits an individual. People have different views on the topic but the gum is a great way to curb the urges when you stop smoking. Good luck to you and kudos to you for quitting! Also watch YouTube and tips from former smokers, listen to podcasts on quitting smoking and meditation via Spotify, all very helpful.”

Mg765 September 16, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “First of all not smoking is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life...I have stopped before for six months and one day I got stressed out and went right back to smoking. The first time I stopped smoking I went to vaping then I tried the gum. Honestly it is not good to chew nine pieces of gum like the packet recommends. Personally I will only chew maybe four the first day then go down every day there is no way around stopping smoking you just have to do it. You are gonna feel like garbage the first month or so but you learn to live with out it. I buy toothpicks they help me. The gum is only a crutch..”

Mathamphetamiin September 15, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Dr told me I have to quit smoking (pneumonia related recurring illnesses), didn't get a choice. She recommended gum because the patch just wasn't enough for me, angry cravings and I knew I was going to smoke again. So used patches and gum for breakthru nicotine urge. For me, even with the "chew then park" method I still have a burning sensation in the back of my throat very similar to the burn you get off a pull from a cig, not pleasant but also familiar. Pluses: immediate relief with hit of nicotine, flavor is nice, relieves the angry withdrawals, I do feel better after I chew. Cons: Obviously not recommended for long term use, the peppery/burning is slightly uncomfortable - I call it zappygum because it reminds me of electricity, especially with the speedy nicotine - and frequent use upsets my stomach. As for the patches, adhesive wears off easily so it tends to fall off towards the last few hours, also I have really strange vivid dreams wearing the patch when I'm sleeping. Using both together and so far, 0 cigs since the dr.”

Ramesh September 4, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Good”

Toby · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 26, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “I swapped one addition for another, call that a success? How do I quit Nicorette Lozenges /colddrops?”

Roxy March 24, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “$73 for 160 pieces of gum that causes hair loss, cavities, TMJ and all kinds of other long term health concerns? Do your research, the gum is very addictive, ridiculously expensive, and just another way for the nicotine industry to profit off your weaknesses.”

Joey February 19, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Be careful of this product especially the lozenges It cause liver damage , skin patches and mark . They should take them of the market.”

R · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Today is day 14 of not smoking. I had started when I was 13 years old. I am now 31. 18 years at a pack a day. I I was so sick of smoking. I started with the patch and gum. I was allergic to the patch but the gum has worked wonders. I chew probably six pieces a day depending on the day at 4mg a piece. It does upset your stomach and parking it (in your cheek - you will know what I am talking about it you chew the gum) is hard for me but I am at least not smoking. I do want to release this habit as well, as I know the nicotine is still bad for our body and keeps us in a state of withdrawal. For the mean time I am thankful for the gum. Stay strong! It's always good to remember why we quit”

WildNoseHair · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “Great product only the lozenge container is of a poor design. Sometimes you have to shake the thing several times just to get one lozenge out. Frankly it's quicker to pull out a cigarette.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “For an honest review, I'll admit that I haven't tried too many things. Gum, patches, and vaping being the only things I've tried; but I think this gum is actually pretty good. I bought off brand stuff years ago and compared to this; it tasted awful and the texture of the gum was really soft. This tastes like real gum (for about 30 seconds) but the consistency is on par with your juicy fruit. I haven't dipped or smoked in a long time, but I do still use the gum. I think eventually I'll switch to just regular gum on schedule. It does its job but only if you allow it to. Best of luck”

FLAFRANK · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “Started smoking at 14, graduated to at least 2 packs a day, in 2007 had my first stent, since then several. What nobody told us was that you can lose your teeth, feet or limbs. Had 5 roto-router procedures on 1 leg, the pain is the most excruciating I have ever experienced. Begged for God to take my life 1st time it hit me. I swore I would never smoke again but quit 5 years ago next month and still crave nicotine, smoked 63 years. Wish there was something less expensive than Nicorette as it is very expensive. I do question the quality of each piece, some taste like no nicotine and others ok.”

Bonnie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “It has been working well to quit smoking but the tube needs a redesign I have scraped the top of thumb so many times, cannot open as directed”

SueBear · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “I just want to say thanks for the nicoderm patch. I smoked for 44 years and it's been six months since my last cigarette, if it wasn't for the patch I don't believe I could have quit. I know I will never have another cigarette because I sure don't want to quit twice. The patch wasn't magic but along with willpower and determination the patch made a huge difference and it was my time to quit. I did find that I couldn't sleep with it on as the dreams were too much for me so I didn't wear it at night. 5 weeks was all I needed and I can honestly say that I am a non-smoker! Thanks so very much Nicoderm.”

WildNoseHair · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been using the Nicorette lozenges for a while now and they do work in easing the cravings and keeping me off the darts. I do wish however that they would make the plastic container more user friendly. The container's design makes it hard for the lozenges to come out. It's very frustrating. Easier to reach for a cigarette.”

Leo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been an "on and off" smoker for 10 years. I quit for a long time, but due to a speedbump in life I started back. I'm a closet smoker, but it was affecting my social life and all. Smokers breath, house and car smelling like smoke. I had to have one. I started chewing the Nicorette Gum(4mg). It is working wonders already! I also changed my lifestyle. Eating healthy, drinking more water, exercising, and trying to avoid triggers. I will win this fight. I never in my life thought I would be smoking cigarettes, but I'm going to take my life back from these things before they really kill me.”

SharonSue · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 7, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “What they fail to mention are the tragic bone and tooth loss. There is a blog out there with testimonials about getting hooked on these and those horrid side effects. One woman lost both feet. Personally I was on the lozenges for 5 years. FIVE YEARS! I had to quit smoking and they were all that worked for me to do so. They ate the sides of my teeth down to the pulp. I now have osteoporosis. Two that I know of that can't be reversed. I have to take Fosamax, vitamin D and lost my teeth. There are no government studies done that I was or am aware of. Do your research, please? Find that blog. I thought I had it saved, but can't find it right now. Thanks for your time.”

Chami86 November 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation: “Smoked daily for 15 years around a packet. I am now on my second week of quitting. It is terrible in the morning without the coffee and the cigarette. I am using around 7 pieces of the gum daily, using the chew and park method. It helps me really good, not thinking about smoking that much more on to chewing now. It certainly helps to manage the cravings and the anger.”

Anonymous 247 March 23, 2017

For Smoking Cessation: “This gum does as it says, helps stop the cravings. I just traded one addiction for another, and am highly addicted to the gum. I would seek help from other places, as this is even more expensive than smoking! I notice that when I chew a lot of it, my heart races and get light headed upon standing. This medication can't be good long term, so please be careful.”

Anonymous October 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation: “Well, if you ever manage to quit smoking do not ever ever smoke a cigarette again.It does not matter ,how long ago you quit. You will start smoking again.You can not have just one cigarette ever.I quit for 23 years. At a bad time in my life, I smoked two cigarettes and I started smoking again. Then I quit once more. A night with company I smoked one. I started again.A weak ago, I quit. It seems easy with the patch, but they say that very few people succeed to quit with the patch. So far it looks easy. I try not to go near the smokers at work. I feel such a freedom, when during break time I go for a walk and not for a cigarette. I do not feel deprived. I will use the patch for 6 weeks and then will take the gum. Self hypnosis helps a lot”

Nico finitos July 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: “helped me quit smooking...severely addicted to the gum...lost sex drive and massive erection problems...since i stopped the nicoret things are getting better !!! Took 110 gums per week for 10 years....big mistake....Hope to get back to normal soon !!!!”

Dontbringmehometomom May 15, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: “After two years of going off and on the nicotine patch I attempted cold turkey. 6 hours into my cold turney attempt my husband informed me he was going to mow the lawn, my completely uncalled for hyper emotional response was to burst into tears...needless to say, I didn't respond well to the cold turkey attempt. After complexity giving up the idea of quitting, my sister informed me that she was succeeding using nicotine gum, so I gave it a try-two weeks after starting I am smoke free and have zero doubt that I will succeed! The gum takes a few days to get used to. Make sure and read the directions and follow them to a T. You're not supposed to " chew" this gum like regular gum. If you do, it will make you nauseous and burn your throat.”

Billmo02 · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: “So far after 11 days I am doing well. Started with patch and gum . Patch 21mg and 4mg patch after a week both were just to strong stomach upset did not feel well. Stopped the patch and use gum as needed to curtail desire to smoke I will Win this time I have to quit”

julvanv · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 4, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: “I smoked 1-1/2 packs of Cigarettes daily for 25+ years. I tried the patches, cold turkey, couldn't quit for long. I started using Nicorette gum 3-years ago and have been smoke free. I am still chewing the gum. 4-mg's multiple times daily. I told my Dr. I was still chewing the gum and was worried about the health effects. She told me studies have been done finding that nicotine in and of itself does not seem to cause significant harm. (I know, that seems strange to me too) Despite these findings she told me not to worry about the gum because smoking cigarettes with all the extra poisons in it is far worse for ones health. Especially in my case because I know I'd go back to smoking without the gum”