User Reviews for Chantix (Page 3)

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 935 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 935 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 38 years, half a pack a day. 2 days of Chantix my cigarettes tasted awful. I get no side affects, I'm sleeping so much better, I used to wake up in the middle of the night and think I had to get up and take a couple puffs to go back to sleep. Now when I wake up I fall right back to sleep. The best part is I don't even think about cigarettes, I'm on day 20. I'm just afraid once I stop the Chantix I might get cravings. I really feel blessed at this point for just being able to stop smoking, especially with no side affects. Oh and how can I forget, the Chantix was free through my insurance, also a blessing."

Grateful blessed nonsmoker November 8, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I loved smoking and didn't have plans to actually quit. However a friend wanted to quit and I agreed to join in her goal to help her with the understanding I would smoke again. She used the gum, patches etc. I chose Chantix and ten years later she is smoking and I'm a non smoker still. Amazing! It took 1 1/2 months that's it."

Ten years! November 8, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking Chantix on 10/14/16 after discussing with my doctor what my options are as a bipolar. Because I have not had an episode or been on medication for two years we decided it would be safe to try. I selected 11/01/16 as my quit day. 7 days into the medication I really started to notice that cigarettes weren't satisfying anymore and would often get a headache and an odd metallic after taste afterward. I went from a pack a day to maybe 6 cigarettes a day afterward. I smoked my last cigarette on Halloween at around 9. It's been 7 days and I'm still smoke free. My husband still smokes and I'm fine. I've had zero side effects and finally confident that I can stay quit this time."

Pineapple808 November 8, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "It been over 10 years now since I took chantix I must say this 1 of best I have taken I have never had the urge to smoke again even if I have a few drinks or smell someone else smoking around me don't bother me. Just wondering if you ever do updates on people who have took it and still never went back smoking. But thank you Chantix for providing a great medication to save peoples lives."

Phyllis Sommers November 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for over 45 years and have tried everything! Cold turkey, Nicorette gum, the patch, and hypnosis, to name a few. My husband badgered me for years, I knew I always smelled like cigarette smoke. I had to wash my hair everyday so the smell wouldn't linger. Every time we went somewhere, my first thought was where and when would be able to grab a smoke. It scared me to think I wouldn't be able to. Like many people I felt a cigarette was a friend--it calmed me down when I was flustered, feeling anxious, scared, depressed--there wasn't an emotion that did not require a cigarette. I used Chantx--success! Thank you! Non-smoker for 7 years."

SueMcl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I posted my experience during my 6th week of Chantix on July 7, 2016. 113 days - smoke free - today ! No side effects and I could have stopped two weeks before the full three month program; however, I wanted to complete it to its entirety. My father even passed away during this time. I stayed strong, continued on the program and did not stray away. Keeping busy is key and minor changes in your daily routine helps. Per my previous post, Chantix helped with drinking alcohol as well. I have not had a sip of alcohol since June. The smoking and drinking went hand in hand. I know I do not want to go back to the smoking lifestyle; however, I am fine being around others that smoke and drink in social environments. Good Luck!"

OmahaNE (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started chanix about 3 months ago.I tried to do it before this time and almost always forgot to take it so when I had my next doctors appointment I asked the nurse to start me back on it she said she'd give me 3 months to quit and here it is almost 3 and I haven't touch a cigarette for a week after smoking 1 to 3 packs a day depending on if a beer or 2 was involved I never thought I could do it now my fiance is just starting it cause he seen that I could do it the real test will be if I go out and drink socially if anyone else has done it please let me know don't want to make the mistake of going back to smoking again"

Deannawise October 29, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on this medication for about a month but had to stop. I gave it a 5 because it his HIGHLY effective at getting me to stop smoking. It wipes out any satisfaction that you get from smoking and makes it borderline unpleasant. Unfortunately, I had severe side effects. After about the third week I noticed a pounding in my head and neck and my blood pressure was 160/100. This high blood pressure continued until about 36 hours after my last dose. Incidentally, I had also cut my dose way down to .5mg a day. I found that I was getting the same results with a low dose."

sabrina1011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for 40 years and finally decided this summer to quit. I followed the instructions and took Chantix for 1 week (7 days) prior to my quit date. On Day 8, I quit smoking. That was exactly 8 weeks ago today and I have not had a cigarette since. The first week was the most difficult, especially the first weekend and having a few beers. The first few days I realized how much of a habit it was and how I had structured my entire life around having a cigarette. It was eye opening as I was a 2 pack a day smoker towards the end. You really have to want to quit though. Chantix is not going to miraculously make you quit. Pick a date and stop is the best advice I can provide you. Be confident in yourself that you can quit."

UHohn (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I quit on day 3 of chantix 4 years ago, was dumb and started smoking again a year later!! :9 This time around, I am on week 2 and every time I take a dose I get dizzy and want to puke. Oddly, my teeth hurt the other day? I am noticing that I can only take a puff or 2 before the nausea really gets bad (constantly nauseas for hours after dose) and i cant even finish a smoke, so that's good? I smell cigarette smoke now, it smells stale and awful. I have gotten a little more aggressive but I think that it is more irritation than anything but, I think its because I want to puke all the time! BUT I am constantly hungry....yet, cant eat!!"

pandaloveee October 13, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Right now Ive taken my first pill today so far so good I have about six cig's left today then I plan on doing this with the help of the chanix Ive tryed everything eles to quit and its never worked so this is my last try Keep me in your prayers"

brat410 October 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for 40 years 2 to 3 packs a day. I enjoyed smoking. I wanted to quit for my children/grandchildren and in particular my father.I had tried everything/ nicotine gum/ hypnosis.Nothing worked, No one thought I could quit because I was so addicted. It took a little longer than 3 months to work but it worked. I have been off cigarettes for nine years.I have not even had a drag of a cigarette in that time. I feel so much healthier and my family is grateful to have me back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I never had a problem thank god because I tried everything else before and nothing help"

i quit over 8 yrs ago (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I had been a 1-1/2 pack per day smoker for over 30 years. After a stage IV cancer diagnosis - very ironically not associated with smoking - I had to quit as it would have a detrimental effect on surgery recovery and follow-on treatment with radiation and possibly chemotherapy (radiation burns in my throat in particular). A medical oncologist suggested Chantix and after having attempted to quit several times in the past, it was finally successful. I only needed to use the Chatix for four weeks. In a month I was done and have been for over six years now. On very rare occasions I can taste tobacco and nicotine in my mouth, but there's no physical or mental cravings. No side effects of note for me; just ability to quit that had failed before."

JALind52 September 24, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Im on day 20. And every day has been a struggle. I have noticed a decrease in smoking. From a pack to half pack. But im so over being sick all the time. Even with food, I feel headaches and nausea. No weird dreams, but I am sleepy all the time. I would like to stay on it because the urge is going away, but I also want my life back. With my physically demanding job, I can't be sick all the time. I dont know what to do :("

gottigirl September 18, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "With Chantix I quit smoking No side effects No Crazy dreams My doctor Prescribe The first session I Finished the first session And got a refill for a second session before the second session was complete I no longer smoke cigarettes. Chantix WORKS."

bakershannon September 18, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started with 1/2 mg daily then 2x then 1mg 2x. Too much for me. I did not like the feeling. So I have tapered off back to 1/2mg in the morning. So far craving minimal. 28 days so far. I am happy to be free of nicotine."

Knollibe (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 58 yr old woman and it took me three tries at three different times In my life but as of March 2015 I have not had a cig..the only side effect for me was very vivid dreams but I kinda liked them.Thanks to the Pfizer corp for giving them to me free due to my low income because without Chantix I have no doubt I would still be smoking.Thank you Pfizer God Bless"

Snugdabug September 12, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I'm happy to see that Chantix helped ppl. We all know cigarettes are not healthy, tax your breathing, make you a social pariah, etc., And then there's the ridiculous cost. Which is why I wanted to stop; for all the reasons listed above. I knew, from the commercial, this could make me depressed and suicidal. I thought it was the common disclaimer to avoid liability if I decide to stop smoking but jump off a bridge. Which is where I was pretty quickly into it. I felt like a zombie, was ridiculously tired. No matter how much sleep I got, was tired. And sad. Cigarettes lost their appeal. As did everything else. I was/am extremely congested, sad, "lost," hopeless. My teeth hurt. !? I also had strange smells. Good news- stopping abruptly is OK"

KT kit (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "So I quit smoking cigarettes with vaping and now I'm trying to quit vaping with Chantix. I was told as long as there is nicotine in the juice I'm using it should work. I started week 3 today I've noticed a decrease for the want/need so I'm hopeful this is going to work. I just don't know if I should switch back to cigarettes?? I quit those on Oct 17 last year so it's been almost one whole year without one."

Vaper (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Pack-a-day for 12 yrs, now on Day 22 (quit date is D 26). Started to work right away. D 2-3 cigs tasted funny/unpleasant (WOW!), D 7-8 couldn't get thru half-a-pack, D 13 down to 3, since D 17 can't even finish one. Side effects all feel like withdrawal to me (headache, sleep issues/dreams, digestion, irritability), esp. cuz they got better over time. There's no more effect from smoking, the withdrawal is TOTAL. Some advice, Melatonin for sleep and drink lots of water. Other big side effect: I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER physically and now emotionally. No more grumpy! I really have seen how insidious nicotine is, working its addiction into so many aspects of my life, making everything seem like a compulsion. Stick with it, FREEDOM IS GOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

bxbomber42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I just got my prescription yesterday. I took the pill tried smoking and already noticed my disgust in cigarettes. I really hope this will last. I'm 22 and have been smoking since I was 19. Wish me luck! I'm so excited to start my journey as a nonsmoker!!"

Sam Sam September 3, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I love my cigarettes. Have for almost 20 years (about a pack a day). Chantix does exactly what it says it will do. I doesn't allow the nicotine to reach the receptors in your brain. Within a day I saw a decrees want/need to smoke. Day two I smoked less than 4 cigarettes, and none of them to completion. By day three I had one in the morning due to habit alone. I'm on day four and haven't had one yet. I have drank more coffee but I haven't ate more than I though I would. Dreams have not been what I thought they would by reading some other posts, pretty normal actually. I do agree that you should eat before taking the medication. 3 days in I made the mistake of taking the medication without eating and ended up vomiting. Good luck!"

Tony Dee #2 August 29, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I want to let everyone know about how I reacted to chantex.....DAY 7 AND 8 I am soooo tired i cant move nor have the desire to move. I am mad angry and confused dont know why! I was getting sleeping and I told myself I needed to go to bed So I setup and I was already in bed! ( I thought I was at the computer desk studying! it is 4 pm now and I have been asleep about 10 times since I woke up at 5am. All I want to do is sleep I am so tired I even dream ( in color) about being tired. Thankfully this hit me on the weekend, tomorrow I have to work! Hopefully I will be able to move! I dont worry about having cigarettes anymore I really dont have the fierceness I used to about " I GOT TO HAVE A SMOKE!!!!!!" I am just numb about it now"

ole smoker (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix 5 years ago for 11 weeks. I have am still smoke free. I was fortunate in that I didn't experience any of the possible side effects. I still don't have any urges to smoke and am enjoying life as a non smoker."

Ohio Native (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016