User Reviews for Chantix (Page 3)

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 861 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 861 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I was not feeling the effects until two weeks on chantix but shortly after I started not caring if I smoked a cigarette. It became more of a habit then need. I have been smoking for 13 years and have tried the patches, gum and electronic cigarette nothing worked like this. I have successfully quit and haven't felt the need to smoke even around other smokers."

Fitzmom08 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am on my third week with Chantix. I usually smoke about half a pack a day. I have tried the gum and patches. I still couldn't quit. I'm 29 and smoked for 9 years. My insurance Covered it. So it's amazing. I am down to 1.5 cigs a day. Benefits are a curved appetite, disgusting taste of cigs, and I feel chill. I suffer from Anxiety and I haven't felt anxious at all. Chantix is gonna allow me to start running again and get back to good health. This is a life saver! A real blessing! It's hard quitting nicotine. I loved smoking!"

Kickcigs (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix really has worked for me..been smoking since 16 quit off and on. This time I made up my mind so far so good. I have issues spoke with my doctor about it and he said always take your meds....only side effect I have had has been weird crazy stupid dreams. I would recommend"

MIMIxs4 March 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I quit after 6 weeks on Chantix. Been smoking 40+ years about 2 packs a day. Smoke free for 8 days now, the longest I have ever gone. I still want a cig from time to time but no uncomfortable cravings at all. No shakes or anything like that. Maybe just habit. No side effects except sleeplessness the first 2 weeks. That's it. I was concerned that drinking would cause me to cave in but have no desire whatsoever when I drink! It's all good and insurance paid for 5 months 100% no copay."

txborn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I took this drug for a couple of days but had to stop because it gave me a bad case of nausea. You could set your watch by it. Ninety minutes after taking the drug I felt so sick I had to lie down."

Actuality (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is the second time that I have used Chantix to quit smoking. Both times it worked great. The dreams are vivid and strange, in my case they were not scary dreams but unusual settings and occurrences. I did however have profound and voluminous gas. I am now 40 days smoke free and have stopped taking the medication by weaning my self off slowly. I am experiencing much more intense psychological cravings centered around triggers. These cravings are very intense albeit short in duration. I may have come off of the medication too early or may have weaned myself off incorrectly. I am able to control these cravings for the time being."

Dcn_Derrick March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Read the product Warnings. If you have an auto-immune disease pay attention to side effects, specifically a flu-like feeling at 3 weeks after starting Chantix, then followed by mouth ulcers. Get immediate medical attention if these appear. On day 21-22 I felt terrible, just like I had the flu. On day 24 I noticed several Aphthous Ulcers (something I had never had before). These progressed to a level that I had to go to the ER on day 26. On day 25 I discontinued Chantix and on day 38 I am still being treated for this. This response has been repeatedly associated with Chantix and some other drugs as well. Pay attention to side effects and any unusual symptoms."

Clinically Complex (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am 72 yrs old and told by my doctor if I did not quit, I would spend the rest of my days stuck with an o2. I started on Chantix 4 days ago. My reason for taking this drug is to avoid any increase in my COPD. I always enjoyed cigerettes especially with that cup of coffee in the am. and social drinking. When I woke the am, I had no desire to smoke. Lasted about 2 houurs, but did not have the same satisfaction. I have a feeling I will be smoke free very soon. I do feel some nausea but resolved problem by taking zofran."

katiemeg March 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have officially stopped smoking today after 11 days on chantix. The first week I noticed a small reduction in my urge for a smoke and started to smoke less, then when I started taking 1 mg twice a day it started to be more of a reduction. I am very happy to say that chantix has helped me succeed in my wanting to quit smoking, very happy about it. I have had no unpleasant side effects, no vivid dreams. I noticed at the beginning it made cigarettes taste bad which is great with helping to not want anymore of those icky things. If you are on the fence about it I recommend doing it, it works."

lovemy5dogs March 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 9 years and I tried many times to quit. I started taking Chantix in January 2011, and attempted to smoke for the entire week leading to my quit date. Cigarettes disgusted me after 3 days on the medication, and I have never smoked again. There is no nicotine "reward" while taking this medication. It's been over 5 years and I am still smoke free with no desire for a cigarette. Chantix is a miracle drug and I highly recommend it to all smokers."

Gotribein16 March 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "My twin and I stopped smoking almost 5 years ago. With the help of this miracle pill we both quit. Our brother used it as well. He quit smoking with Chantix. We all smoked for over 30 years."

Twin Sisters (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on Chantix (for the 2nd time) since March 1st this year. I had my last cigarette on March 6th. Although I started back after I used Chantix the first time, this is the very best way to quit smoking in my opinion. I have had some constipation and really cool dreams in color (no bad dreams), but all in all, I have had very little in the way of side effects. I am a nearly 49 year old woman who started smoking at 17. I do sometimes want a cigarette, but its not an unbearable feeling, and if I go for a walk, or find something to do, it goes away quickly. I would recommend this to anyone who has decided that they want to quit."

Wendy 1967 March 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have tried everything to quit. Now after 35 years of smoking I'm done thanx to chantix. I am on m 10 day on the med and 7th day smoke free. Very little withdrawals. nothing like patches or gum its a miracle drug . Some trouble sleeping but two advil pms and I'm out . anyway I thought I would share that with you all."

SirJohnnyrotten (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 54 years. I asked my doctor if I could try Chantix. I did as instructed and continued to smoke for the first week. At the end of the week, I stopped smoking and continued the pills. After two more weeks, I was able to give up the pills too. It has been a year now, and I have not had a craving to restart my smoking habit. Thanks to Chantix, I believe I have kicked the habit for good."

Railnet1 March 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix is a miracle drug. The best way for me personally to describe it is that it makes you feel as though you've just had a cigarette - all day long. Lighting a cigarette becomes a pointless and gross task as you're already feeling fulfilled and relaxed. I've been a smoker for 12 years and haven't felt so relaxed since before I began smoking. Stay on Chantix for at least 3 months, and don't ever go back to smoking/stressing out!"

ZackisQuit (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I received my prescription for Chantix from my Dentist (they can write prescriptions for this due to smoking affecting your teeth). Both my husband an I started it, going on 2 weeks. It's really odd, we have both smoked 20+ years, and literally we don't even want to smell a cigarette. It really just turns you off to smoking. Our appetites have decreased too, which is really weird being that a lot of people increase food intake when they quit smoking. The dreams are kind of crazy (just vivid, and you remember a lot more and details), but nothing scary. Great medication if you don't get some side effects that others have reported. However, DO eat with food, otherwise you will be nauseous (which also curbs your appetite I must say)."

Kat A March 11, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoke free for 3 months now and am a happy camper! Tried multiple times to quit smoking using several different methods, Chantix included. I have figured out that if you really are not ready, or don't really want to quit - nothing will work. You can't be badgered into quitting - you need to quit because you are ready. I had some side effects, nausea, strange dreams in vivid colors, gas. It was all worth it ! Took Chantix for almost 90 days. Still have urges to light up but they pass after a few minutes. Started smoking when I was in high school, stopped when I was pregnant then started right up again. I will be 60 next month. I feel if I can quit anybody who puts their mind to it can."

Lynn7019 March 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I went on Chantix for five weeks in on fat Tuesday 2016 it was 10 years since I had a cigarette, the most amazing thing is that I've never missed a day of smoking. Though I had no side effects my daughter tried it and told me that she had contemplated suicide so she stopped using it immediately and all was well. We did discover later that she had ADD which may have contributed to the side effect."

Ross V March 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked from age 13 to 53, had tried all sorts of methods to try to quit smoking. Never could. I tried Chantix, 3 Months later, I was a non-smoker-5 years later, absolutely clean of it."

ShadowStands March 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 40 years and quit after taking Chantix for 3 weeks. That was 9 years ago."

ghb (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been quit for one year and 4 months after smoking for 35 years. I took Chantix for 6 months. I didn't even set a quit date. I just started taking Chantix and let my quit date happen naturally. After cutting down drastically for 3 or so weeks, I just lost all desire for cigarettes so just stopped smoking them. It was Chantix and a list I created of things to do instead of smoke that was the key for me. I had tried many other times to quit so had a good idea of what worked for me and what didn't. I think that quitting a habit is a very personal experience and what works for some may not work for others. As to side effects, I had weird dreams and nausea, but eating with the pill helped. I truly believe Chantix saved my life."

Jules126 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Only on day 6 but I am super happy I decided to do this. I don't even take advil so I was a bit concerned with Chantix. If anything, I expected all the terrible reviews on other sites to cause more side effects than the actual drug. I just stopped reading them and went with my gut. Day 6 of taking Chantix; 2nd day without smoking (my quit date isn't til tomorrow). Been a smoker for 15 years. I'm happy to say; so far I can't even tell that I'm taking medication. No effects or side effect that I am aware of. Yet; somehow I haven't smoke in 36 hours and I'm not craving one at all. I'll report back after another week or two; or if anything changes. As for dreams, Usually I have lucid dreams or night terrors nightly. Not one yet on Chantix!"

LawrenceShadow (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "In week 2 now. This is one bizarre drug. Even on the low doses I was doing very well. I am addicted to cigars I basically breath them. I eat oatmeal for breakfast and have had no constipation issues. I feel a little thirsty. I've tried smoking and it just does not register. I still get some cravings but I think they are of the mind.So far a great med and I hope everything goes along. try it !"

Raggsie (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This drug is so bizarre. I'm on my 3rd week. I wanted to relapse because I was going to have some beer and whiskey. Bought a pack of American Spirits and planned on smoking. Drank about 4 beers and some Bourbon. Smoked one. It was gross. Later I smoked another and only got half way through the cigarette. Just tried again, 4 hours after the fist beer and after two tokes on the cigarette the smoke disgusted me. I hadn't had a cigarette for 6 days. There's no reward. no nicotine benefit. Whatever this drug does, it does well. I read about the side effects and other than remembering my dreams, I've had nothing bad. This is a very interesting 3 weeks."

tirch February 28, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I haven't smoked a cigarette in 10 days. I quit on my 7th day of taking chantix. On the 8th day, I woke up and did my normal routine then thought I need to smoke. However, it passed quickly and I didn't crave one. I kept one cigarette accessible in case I freaked out but threw it out 2 days ago. :) It has been 10 days and I'm fine! I smoked for 15 years. In the end, I was a "light smoker" about 5/6 a day but in 10 days I've saved my body from 60 cigs! The side effects are feeling foggy, thirsty, dreams and must eat before pill. It's all worth it to me. It keeps you calm and not craving. It has worked."

tiffnaz (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016