User Reviews for Chantix (Page 3)

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 872 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 872 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I am 70 years old and smoked for more than 50 years. Taking chantix helped me to quit. I never thought in a million years that I could quit, my family and I thank you !!!!"

Didibluffs April 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was nervous to start taking chantix because of the cautions of having Bipolar Depression and ADHD. I am currently taking Lamitcal and Ritalin daily, so I had my concerns, but I figured being smoke free was worth the chance of spiraling mood swings. I had an appointment with my psychiatrist and ask him versus my general doctor to make sure he was ok with it and he thought it was worth the shot. It hasn't been long, but I am happy to say I haven't had a smoke in 2 weeks. I tried once with a coworker, but took 2 drags and lost all desire to continue. Granted I have only been smoking for 5 years, but it was my solace with work. Barely any side effects and I think my bipolar meds helped control some of that."

Kimi43 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Nobody mentions how much money they now have in their wallet because they don't have to spend anymore on butts! You're free!"

Ivygreen April 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix is a miracle. It's the best thing to help with quitting smoking. The first week is tough and I had some muscle aches that eventually went away. The dreams are very lucid and real but not bothersome. Some are actually enjoyable. It's a shame my insurance doesn't pay for the medication because it costs $350.00 but it's worth it."

Kristi D April 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "So the good bad and ugly! The ugly it gave me a horrible headache the first day... The bad it gave me nasuea one day to the point I couldn't get out of bed.... The good after the 8th day I stopped smoking I told myself I would quit April 15th which I though was just a dream "

Righy April 16, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This medicine is a miracle! I have completed my first months pack and I am proud to say that I have been smoke free for 7 days. It took me 3 weeks to quit and I probably could have sooner but I was hanging on to my bad habit. I didn't really think this medicine would work because I loved my cigarettes and it would take a lot for me to leave them but I am so happy to say that they are gone. I do have to deal with cravings every once in awhile (especially the first few days) but you just have to fight through them by keeping your mind busy with other things and the cravings will pass. The only side effect that I've had from this medicine is difficulty sleeping and racing thoughts. For awhile I was only able to sleep a few hours at a time."

bdaugherty (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for forty years the last 10 ,2 1/2 packs a day, started chantix feb 1st 2015 , kept smoking will I took it, within a month I was down to two cigs a day and quit March 3rd I had my last cigarette, have not had one for 13 months , had no side effects at all. Was very easy, have a grandson that is 8 and he got me to quit. Would recommend to all tried everything patch, hypnosis, this is the only thing that worked feel good , and saving 6,000 dollars a year. Thank you chantix."

Jay mitrani (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I found that this drug helped extremely well in my battle to quit smokeing. I did suffer from almost every non leathal side effect it can give you aside from sevier depression. I was a 15 year smoker and used the starter pack to quit. I have been two months shy of a year smoke free."

Sean Bailey April 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been using Chantix for 2 months and it works. Although after the starter pack I started to experience panic attacks so I stopped taking it. I waited a week or so and started the second pack. Now here comes the horrible part. I have lost 50% of my hair due to Chantix. There is no mention of possible hair loss with this medication. Yes I was able to stop smoking but I think I would rather have my hair."

naeinhtown (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "On June 1, 2009 I began taking Chantix. The only side effect I had were the dreams, but they were't scary, just very vivid. In fact I liked th edreams so much I didn't want to wake up! I started smoking when I was 12 and in 2009 I was 54 years old. I was a smoker for 42 years and a two pack a day smoker for at least 20. Never-the-less, Chantix worked for me and I haven't had a single craving since I stopped taking it. I took it for the full 3 months even though I didn't feel I needed to, I just wanted to make sure I got the full benefit. If I can quite on Chantix, you can too! I wish I'd replaced it right away with healthy habits like exercise, but it took me a while to that. I fell healthier at 61 than I did at 21 which says a lot. Good l"

Swaney March 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Excellent at helping to quit smoking, as long as you are: a) seriously ready to quit; and b) prepared for the pattern changes (i.e. smoking in the car, smoking while on the phone, after meals, etc.) Worked really well for the first 3 to 4 weeks, but then dropped me into a severe depression and a downward spiral in the 4th and 5th weeks. I tapered back and eventually stopped taking it altogether starting in week 6 or so. At week 10 I ended up in the back of a police car on my way to the ER after a serious suicidal episode. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS DRUG! I've suffered from depression (never diagnosed or treated, but we know ourselves, don't we?) my entire life on and off, but this was bad. I'd go cold turkey, all things considered..."

SmokeFree Madison (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was not feeling the effects until two weeks on chantix but shortly after I started not caring if I smoked a cigarette. It became more of a habit then need. I have been smoking for 13 years and have tried the patches, gum and electronic cigarette nothing worked like this. I have successfully quit and haven't felt the need to smoke even around other smokers."

Fitzmom08 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am on my third week with Chantix. I usually smoke about half a pack a day. I have tried the gum and patches. I still couldn't quit. I'm 29 and smoked for 9 years. My insurance Covered it. So it's amazing. I am down to 1.5 cigs a day. Benefits are a curved appetite, disgusting taste of cigs, and I feel chill. I suffer from Anxiety and I haven't felt anxious at all. Chantix is gonna allow me to start running again and get back to good health. This is a life saver! A real blessing! It's hard quitting nicotine. I loved smoking!"

Kickcigs (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix really has worked for me..been smoking since 16 quit off and on. This time I made up my mind so far so good. I have issues spoke with my doctor about it and he said always take your meds....only side effect I have had has been weird crazy stupid dreams. I would recommend"

MIMIxs4 March 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I quit after 6 weeks on Chantix. Been smoking 40+ years about 2 packs a day. Smoke free for 8 days now, the longest I have ever gone. I still want a cig from time to time but no uncomfortable cravings at all. No shakes or anything like that. Maybe just habit. No side effects except sleeplessness the first 2 weeks. That's it. I was concerned that drinking would cause me to cave in but have no desire whatsoever when I drink! It's all good and insurance paid for 5 months 100% no copay."

txborn58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I took this drug for a couple of days but had to stop because it gave me a bad case of nausea. You could set your watch by it. Ninety minutes after taking the drug I felt so sick I had to lie down."

Actuality (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is the second time that I have used Chantix to quit smoking. Both times it worked great. The dreams are vivid and strange, in my case they were not scary dreams but unusual settings and occurrences. I did however have profound and voluminous gas. I am now 40 days smoke free and have stopped taking the medication by weaning my self off slowly. I am experiencing much more intense psychological cravings centered around triggers. These cravings are very intense albeit short in duration. I may have come off of the medication too early or may have weaned myself off incorrectly. I am able to control these cravings for the time being."

Dcn_Derrick March 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Read the product Warnings. If you have an auto-immune disease pay attention to side effects, specifically a flu-like feeling at 3 weeks after starting Chantix, then followed by mouth ulcers. Get immediate medical attention if these appear. On day 21-22 I felt terrible, just like I had the flu. On day 24 I noticed several Aphthous Ulcers (something I had never had before). These progressed to a level that I had to go to the ER on day 26. On day 25 I discontinued Chantix and on day 38 I am still being treated for this. This response has been repeatedly associated with Chantix and some other drugs as well. Pay attention to side effects and any unusual symptoms."

Clinically Complex (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am 72 yrs old and told by my doctor if I did not quit, I would spend the rest of my days stuck with an o2. I started on Chantix 4 days ago. My reason for taking this drug is to avoid any increase in my COPD. I always enjoyed cigerettes especially with that cup of coffee in the am. and social drinking. When I woke the am, I had no desire to smoke. Lasted about 2 houurs, but did not have the same satisfaction. I have a feeling I will be smoke free very soon. I do feel some nausea but resolved problem by taking zofran."

katiemeg March 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have officially stopped smoking today after 11 days on chantix. The first week I noticed a small reduction in my urge for a smoke and started to smoke less, then when I started taking 1 mg twice a day it started to be more of a reduction. I am very happy to say that chantix has helped me succeed in my wanting to quit smoking, very happy about it. I have had no unpleasant side effects, no vivid dreams. I noticed at the beginning it made cigarettes taste bad which is great with helping to not want anymore of those icky things. If you are on the fence about it I recommend doing it, it works."

lovemy5dogs March 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 9 years and I tried many times to quit. I started taking Chantix in January 2011, and attempted to smoke for the entire week leading to my quit date. Cigarettes disgusted me after 3 days on the medication, and I have never smoked again. There is no nicotine "reward" while taking this medication. It's been over 5 years and I am still smoke free with no desire for a cigarette. Chantix is a miracle drug and I highly recommend it to all smokers."

Gotribein16 March 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "My twin and I stopped smoking almost 5 years ago. With the help of this miracle pill we both quit. Our brother used it as well. He quit smoking with Chantix. We all smoked for over 30 years."

Twin Sisters (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on Chantix (for the 2nd time) since March 1st this year. I had my last cigarette on March 6th. Although I started back after I used Chantix the first time, this is the very best way to quit smoking in my opinion. I have had some constipation and really cool dreams in color (no bad dreams), but all in all, I have had very little in the way of side effects. I am a nearly 49 year old woman who started smoking at 17. I do sometimes want a cigarette, but its not an unbearable feeling, and if I go for a walk, or find something to do, it goes away quickly. I would recommend this to anyone who has decided that they want to quit."

Wendy 1967 March 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have tried everything to quit. Now after 35 years of smoking I'm done thanx to chantix. I am on m 10 day on the med and 7th day smoke free. Very little withdrawals. nothing like patches or gum its a miracle drug . Some trouble sleeping but two advil pms and I'm out . anyway I thought I would share that with you all."

SirJohnnyrotten (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 54 years. I asked my doctor if I could try Chantix. I did as instructed and continued to smoke for the first week. At the end of the week, I stopped smoking and continued the pills. After two more weeks, I was able to give up the pills too. It has been a year now, and I have not had a craving to restart my smoking habit. Thanks to Chantix, I believe I have kicked the habit for good."

Railnet1 March 13, 2016