User Reviews for Chantix (Page 3)

Smoking Cessation
8.8

1,021 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Chantix reviews 8.8 1,021 reviews

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix worked for me. I smoked a pack a day for 35 yrs. Neither patches nor gum was affective. They made me feel ill really. Less than month on Chantix made me a non smoker. That was 7 yes 7 grateful years ago. It is amazing how much I missed out on with family and friends because I was out smoking. Not any more! I am now there to hear the joke or the wonderful story and amazingly I am also there to share my life. And I have moved into the present because I am present."

Elizabeth Vian September 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I starting taking 1 month after experiencing a TIA, took for one month then quit after one month. I have now been a non smoker for 7 months."

MikeBarry003 September 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for since age 28 and I am now 49. I usually smoke a pack per day. Since taking champix for 5 days I'm down to 3 cigs. Per day. I have dreams, but they're not bad dreams. I also a sleep more and feel tired.. I'm considering taking only 1 pill per day since I didn't notice the fatigue and weakness until the dosage increased. So far I'm please overall. I will follow up in 2 weeks."

MzCrutcher August 29, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Ive been on these pills for two days. Today is day two. The side effects from these pills is horrible. They've made me nauseous, dizzy, I've lost all effort to do anything, all I want to do is lay on the couch. Didn't want to eat or even get up to go to the bathroom I had to force myself. I myself just do NOT feel myself. So im stopping the pills an finding a new way to quit."

The Beast's Girl August 24, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 30 years old and have been smoking for about 14 years now. Two years in a row, I've had bronchitis or some kind of respiratory infection. I smoked Newports about a pack a day. It's my 2nd week on Chantix, and already I can feel less and less cravings. Usually I wake up and go right for a cigarette, and today I woke up and it took about 3 hours for me to realize I haven't smoked and just did it out of habit. When I'm working my 12 hours at the hospital, I can now go my full 12 without craving. That was never possible before! I'm only giving it an 8 because I hear for some people, side effects kick in bad around 3-4 weeks. I've been nauseas once but other than that, nothing. I really hope this is it for me! So far I'm feeling hopeful!!"

Bella5887 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Do not use. If you are one of the people that have an adverse reaction to this drug, it can be really bad. It just cost me my job and career. Almost died. I contacted Pfizer twice for help and they ignored me. Then they came out with all the warnings!!!"

Steve McGuire (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 16 years! Chantix has giving me a second chance and possibly years on my life. I have never reviewed a drug in my life but this drug gave me a life and for that I am forever grateful. 50 days smoke free!"

Rod the electrician August 23, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking this medicine to quit smoking and I haven't had a cigarette in over 6 month's the best thing I could have ever done. I thank God every day for giving me the will power. Yes I was moody AND all the side effects that are listed but I really wanted to quit smoking. I smoked Newport 100s and a pack a day. I feel great and I really didn't gain any weight maybe a few pounds but I made sure I kept busy. Thankyou sincerely I'm so grateful."

Angie loving my life August 22, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I was an habitual smoker for 40 years. My car wouldn't start if I didn't light a CIG! I lit up when on the phone, while drinking coffee, after meals, on break at work! So I knew I would not only have the cravings to attack but the habits also. I set goals each day of the 1st 7 days on how many I would smoke that day reducing the number each day until I got to 1 on the last day!"

cassier17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I'm so bummed, just had my quit day on day 12 of chantix, but developed hives/rash on arms and back. They are like blisters with poison ivy. It was working so well, hardly thought of cigarettes, now I guess I'll have to stop taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix for 4 weeks. I quit smoking my 3rd week. I didn't have any severe side effects until my 3rd week, I began to notice this foggy feeling. I had no nightmares or nausea, I did eat before taking the pill with a full glass of water. I have not taken Chantix since July 14th and I still don't feel like myself. Moody, depressed, and just not myself at all. I'm glad I quit smoking but this is hell. I did stop taking it early because of the foggy feeling. I believe this drug has made me feel crazy."

Anonymous August 17, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix 3 year's ago and it was the best thing I feel so much better"

Big dog69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary. I took chantix for the 3 months, I could not be happier. I picked my quit date 8/23 and quit 8/20, 3 days early. The only problem I had was sleeping. I worked thru it, I knew it was my only hope to quit. Thank you chantix "

BevHarley (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking when I was 16 and quit at 19 cold turkey. That was no fun. I took up smoking again in 2013 after a very stressful period in my life. I tried nicotine patches to no success. It didn't even take the edge off my cravings. Chantix is a miracle drug! I take meds for depression so I was concerned because one of the side effects are depression and suicidal thoughts. Although I am again going through a sad and stressful time (my brother recently passed away and I just got divorced). This drug is working with minimal side effects! I get the vivid dreams but they are not nightmares and my stomach gets upset for the first 3-5 minutes after taking Chantix. As for the depression, it hasn't gotten worse. Saving my life + $ too!"

Yayme! (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked minimum of 2 packs a day for 45 yrs. I tried EVERYTHING to quit. I didn't try with Chantix. My Dr. told me it would probably take awhile as long as I smoked. I took for 3+ months and didn't really feel any different. Still smoked the whole time but desired much less. One nite My husband and I were out to dinner and I handed him my cigerattes. I'd done that so many times. I asked him for one back. We got home and instead of smoking that one, I shredded it. I never had another and never craved one. I have COPD I was diagnosed with about 5 yrs. later. If I'd just had Chantix yrs. ago, I could have done it. This COPD isnt fun.. Try to quit while you're still healthy. Chantix did it for me totally! Good Luck..."

Suazannedebbie August 13, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "its fine if you want to go insane. I recommend to use nicotine gum"

hjaaaa August 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Does not work if you're a real smoker 35 year's or more this is not for you."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is just an update, I would like to encourage those who have just began champix. I began taking the medication on the 26th of December and I am now 7 months smoke free. The medication is amazing. The first few weeks required an incredible amount of will power, the dreams and nausea I experienced were worth every second. Now 7 months smoke free after 14 years and feeling amazing. I cannot recommend champix enough. Stick with it!"

Lisa_4444 July 26, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I used Chantix to quit smoking ten years ago after many failed efforts. The ONLY issue I had was some nausea. Thank you Chantix for freeing me from an addiction I thought I couldn't beat."

Neuman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This drug will literally make you lose your mind. My coordination was off like I was temporary brain damaged or something crazy . You low life's who don't share that it's success rate and suicide is very common and Luckily I've been through worse with my pain pill addiction. They only show 90% of there good reviews because this is all about and creating more customers. I also guarantee most these people that rated this as a 8 or higher were compensated to do so. It has warnings but they hide the real stories"

Anonymous July 20, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I am so grateful for this medication. I smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. The longest I went without a cigarette was 3 weeks. I tried the patch, the gum, and the electronic cigarette; nothing worked (though the patch was great for long flights). My experience is a little different than most because I never had bad dreams (they've actually be better) since I started, I'm never nauseated (though I make sure I take the morning pill after breakfast and the evening pill after dinner), and I didn't stop smoking until month two (not week two). On week two, the number of cigarettes I was smoking dropped down to about five per day. And I didn't even notice I was cutting down. I highly recommend this to quit."

Imagine a nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Update on comment below: I gave up the ginger tea. It tasted awful and was hard for me to get it down, even just sipping it. It didn't help me that much either. I am now going to try a turmeric drink made with milk or nut milk that is suppose to help. We will see....."

padan (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I started on June 15. I set my quit date for July 15. That gave me a whole month to smoke if I so desired and to get my mind set to quitting. I had 2 packs of cigarettes left when I started. It was amazing how this worked. I didn't make it to my quit date. The desire to smoke was completely gone about 5 days before the 15th, and I still have 1/2 a pack of cigarettes sitting right out where I see them every time I walk by. No desire to pick one up at all. I've smoked for 50 years. The only side effect that I have is severe nausea and dry heaves, No matter when or how I take it. I have tried everything to calm it, but nothing has worked so far. I am now trying ginger tea. I sip on it all day long. "

padan (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked the devil sticks for 6 years. I'm young and didn't want to smoke forever so I decided to try chantix. Had upset stomach if it wasn't taken after eating. Dreams were vivid but cool I love too dream so no problem with me. Today marks one month since I had my last devil stick and I couldn't be more excited about the path I decided to take to change my life."

Jada135 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I was skeptical, I heard so many good things and it sounded like a miracle drug. After learning I developed asthma I got scared enough to take the plunge. It was free with my insurance (bonus!) After taking Chantix for two weeks I started noticing a disgust for cigarettes. I would try smoking out of habit but would become nauseated. It smelled bad and tasted worse. From there I pretty much didn't want to smoke anymore and didn't even have many cravings. There were days that I did crave, but I pushed through them easily. I also had two days of off and on headaches from (I presume) withdraw. Now I can say I am two weeks cigarette free thanks to Chantix and I love being able to breathe not to mention the extra money I save."

nnnssssaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017