User Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic to treat Dry Eye Disease

Also known as: Systane, Artificial Tears, GenTeal, Refresh, Refresh Tears, Systane Ultra, TheraTears, Systane Balance, Refresh Optive, Celluvisc, Lubricant Eye Drops, Liquifilm Tears, Natural Tears, Lacrisert, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Akwa Tears, Hypotears, Stye Sterile Lubricant, optive, Soothe XP, Tears Again, Dry Eye Relief, Refresh Optive Advanced, Liquitears, Visine Tears, Oasis Tears, Oasis Tears Plus, Soothe, FreshKote, Natural Balance Tears, Isopto Tears, Refresh Celluvisc, GenTeal Twin Pack, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Systane Nighttime, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Teargen, Liquifilm Forte, Tears Naturale, Puralube, Refresh Plus, Aquasite Artificial Tears, 20/20 Tears, Refresh PM, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, Refresh Liquigel, TheraTears Contact Lens, GenTeal Mild, Lubrifresh PM, Murine Tears, GenTeal PM, Refresh Dry Eye Therapy, Sterilube, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Puralube Tears, Refresh Classic, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Viva-Drops, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Duratears Naturale, Adsorbotear, Aquasite, Artificial Tears Plus, Comfort Tears, Tears Plus, Natures Tears, Nu-Tears, Nu-Tears II, Tears Naturale Free, Tears Naturale II, Major Tears, Bion Tears, Ocucoat PF, Liquilube Tears, Tears Renewed, Hypotears P/F, Teargen II, Moisture Drops, Murocel, Duolube, Hypotonic Tears, Twenty Twenty, Tears Renew, Blairex Just Tears, Systane Overnight Therapy, Lubrifair, Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray, Tears Naturale PM, Hypotears Select, Tears Naturale Forte, TheraTears Liquid Gel, Tears Again Night & Day, Tears Again Gel Drops, Visine for Contacts, Ultra Fresh, For Sty Relief, Ultra Fresh PM, Altalube, Moisture Eyes PM, Refresh Contacts, Systane Free, GenTeal PF, Refresh Endura, Moisture Eyes, Visine Pure Tears, optive Sensitive …show all brand names

Ocular lubricant Rating Summary

2.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Dry Eye Disease.

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I have used the Systane Complete for two years and the side effects are I lost all my lashes and have a cyst in my left eye all due to the drops...will never use it again!"

Mar (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Side effects HORRIFIC..bloodshot eyes, pain, unbelievable itching..that almost had my eye surgery cancelled. Opthamologist claims it is because only the individual applicators are the only ones that are PRESERVATIVE FREE..and that is what caused the adverse terrible effects. What was worse...the skin under my eyes were literally burnt to a crisp after using 1 week. Ultra, Gel drops and nighttime gel all caused same terrible results...Read carefully what Alcon writes..Preservative free is ONLY in the individual packets..."

SuzieQ April 6, 2019

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "I have Macular degeneration & dry eye and have used Systane for years. I happened to pick up Systane Ultra the last time. The edge of my eyelids were constantly itchy. Thinking it was something I was allergic to since I had recently moved, I continued to use them. One morning, for whatever reason, I didn’t do my usual eye drop routine. Later that morning I realized I wasn’t rubbing my eyes. My “aha moment”! I didn’t use the Ultra drops again!"

JAV (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I usually use Thera Tears but picked up the new Systane Balance on sale. I thought I was going crazy but my eyelashes started falling out! I couldn’t figure out why until I switched back to Thera Tears and they’re finally growing back. Never again!"

Linkie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

Refresh (ocular lubricant): "I found out I had dry eyes from my optometrist a few years ago when she recommended Refresh Optive and Refresh PM ointment. Had good success with both. When I finally went to an ophthalmologist, he suggested Restasis, so I have been using both drops for a couple years now and am very pleased with how my eyes feel. I had to stop using the ointment when it clogged a duct and my eye hurt and got red."

mskimrose (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2019

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "Was told to try systane balance after cataract surgery that resulted in dry eye. This drop is white and oily and blurred my vision. I was using it to clear blurred vision due to dry eye...not make it blurrier. Going back to Refresh Plus Preservative Free. I was hoping systane balance would help, but not for me. The Systane Ultra irritates my eyes too."

Hudson (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

Oasis Tears Plus (ocular lubricant): "Oasis tears plus side effects. I think my husband and I both are experiencing reactions to this product. Both of us have redder more sensitive itchy reactions. Today after a weeks use, my eyes are red and clearly this isn't working for me. My husband isn't complaining that much. Stopping use today and going back to Systane."

Connie February 28, 2019

Systane Ultra Preservative Free (ocular lubricant): "I purchased Systane preservative free VIALS (30). I do not see Ultra on package. The vials are long "strips" of plastic. To open vial, user rotates top of one end to remove plastic top. This breaks the top from the body of the vial. It is not an unscrew top. It is not easy for the liquid to drop into the eye. One can squeeze the little vial to help and then a bit more comes out than needed. However, the concern should be whether an infinitesimal piece of plastic is dropped in eye with the liquid. I find that it does not help relieve the dry eye situation. Time on Medication category below does not apply since it is used randomly."

Clover (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "Good lord. How can you market a product to cure dry eyes which does the complete opposite? Isn't that fraud? The makers of this stuff better watch out for a class action lawsuit because this stuff is awful and the company is guilty of false advertising. Have used for only one day and my eyes are getting worse by the minute. They feel dry, sticky and sore. Not the least bit moisturized! Just decided to discontinue."

fuctupeyes (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Oasis Tears Plus (ocular lubricant): "Love the way they work, but with my arthritic hand and fingers, cannot open the container and if I use scissors, I lose the medication"

Karenk (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): "It made my eyes better for initial 3 days and then it made them horrible.I feel I have thorns in my eyes.This is the worst medicine.I have vision problems now."

Soni (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Just picked a bottle of "Complete" basis a doctor recommendation. The bottles' in the trash after a second use. The eyes felt MUCH worse after use, than before. Maybe the gel would be better, But with $10 up in smoke, it won't be Systane."

disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "Although Systane Ultra helped to relieve my dry eyes after using for several days I began experiencing eye pain which got worse as I continued to use the product. Once I stopped using it the pain went away. Some months later I tried again and after about 3 days the same thing happened again."

TexLa (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I was advised to use Systane ultra gel for dry eyes. I woke up one morning and my eyes were blood red! I stopped using Systane for a few days and I was fine. A week later my eyes became dry during the night so I used the Systane. Sure enough, the next morning my eyes were blood red again. In the trash is where these drops will go."

Not for it December 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion."

GSC September 21, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "Works great!!! Much better then the other Systane OTC brand drops because it contains mineral oil. A little pricy but well worth it. One bottle lasts me months. My ophthalmologist prescribed this and Xiidra Drops (Rx only) after he diagnosed me with Dry Eye Disease (DED) caused by Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), which is actually the main cause of DED. I also use a micowavable eye heat mask daily and Ocusoft Hypoclor which targets the main cause of DED. These combinations of treatments have highly improved my condition."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

"I was given samples of blink tears for my dry eyes and was already having a slight eczema break out which I made very clear to the doctor. Since using these drops I found for the first hour or so my eyes feel a little better but now have a full blown rash all around my eyes. They itch and burn and very red and inflamed. I cannot believe how bad this has gotten to the point I can’t go outside. Will not use this product any longer."

Anita (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Soothe XP (ocular lubricant): "I have both age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and Fuchs dystrophy. Soothe XP, initially provided to me by my ophthalmologist as a sample for trial, has given me significant relief of dry eye discomfort. I have had no side effects whatsoever."

amki (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "I have used this product with no problem, then I got pneumonia and wow, my eyes went ballistic. Red, inflamed, puffy, itchy and I went to the doctor. He showed me a picture of eyes with problems like mine and the cause was Systane. I was so shocked. It is really terrible."

BirdTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant): "I tried Lacriserts for the second time. The applicator makes it very difficult placing something so tiny in my eye. I find myself blinking constantly because it feels like the lens moves around in my eye. That can be horrible if it continues. Still find myself using Serum Tears and Systane. A little disappointed with Lacriserts. Has anyone experienced similar side effects?"

Nanc (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

GenTeal PM (ocular lubricant): "I have used genteal gel during the night and the product worked well for a while. However, recently and from some reason I developed severe redness in my eyes and watery eyes when I used the product.."

gz (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect."

Anonymous July 15, 2018

Refresh Tears (ocular lubricant): "My eyes occasionally become dry. I have used many brands of eye drops over the years. I recently purchased Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops (because of good price). As soon as I put a drop in each eye, my eyes immediately became very red and painfully sore. I have never had such an effect with other brands of eyedrops, including Equate."

Liza (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

Lubricant Eye Drops (ocular lubricant): "Eyes felt dry in morning. Used brand new box/bottle (still well in date). Eyes became painfully red/sore. After two hours, still the same. I have used several brands of eyedrops before, but never with this result."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "Used Systane Ultra after cataract surgery with devastating consequences. Only just made the connection between my red very painful eyes and Systane Ultra. Stopped using it today and guess what..no pain. I have been in agony for weeks with this product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018