User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, Dry Eye Relief, Duolube, Duratears Naturale, For Sty Relief, FreshKote, GenTeal, GenTeal Mild, GenTeal PF, GenTeal PM, GenTeal Twin Pack, Hypotears, Hypotears P/F, Hypotears Select, Hypotonic Tears, Isopto Tears, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Lacrisert, Liquifilm Forte, Liquifilm Tears, Liquilube Tears, Liquitears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Lubrifair, Lubrifresh PM, Major Tears, Moisture Drops, Moisture Eyes, Moisture Eyes PM, Murine Tears, Murocel, Natural Balance Tears, Natural Tears, Natures Tears, Nu-Tears, Nu-Tears II, Oasis Tears, Oasis Tears Plus, Ocucoat PF, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, optive, optive Sensitive, Puralube, Puralube Tears, Refresh, Refresh Celluvisc, Refresh Classic, Refresh Contacts, Refresh Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Endura, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Plus, Refresh PM, Refresh Tears, Soothe, Soothe XP, Sterilube, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Free, Systane Nighttime, Systane Overnight Therapy, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Teargen, Teargen II, Tears Again, Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray, Tears Again Gel Drops, Tears Again Night & Day, Tears Naturale, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale Free, Tears Naturale II, Tears Naturale PM, Tears Plus, Tears Renew, Tears Renewed, TheraTears, TheraTears Contact Lens, TheraTears Liquid Gel, Twenty Twenty, Ultra Fresh, Ultra Fresh PM, Visine for Contacts, Visine Pure Tears, Visine Tears, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Viva-Drops …show all brand names

Ocular lubricant Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Dry Eye Disease.

Reviews for Ocular lubricant to treat Dry Eye Disease

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "Works great!!! Much better then the other Systane OTC brand drops because it contains mineral oil. A little pricy but well worth it. One bottle lasts me months. My ophthalmologist prescribed this and Xiidra Drops (Rx only) after he diagnosed me with Dry Eye Disease (DED) caused by Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), which is actually the main cause of DED. I also use a micowavable eye heat mask daily and Ocusoft Hypoclor which targets the main cause of DED. These combinations of treatments have highly improved my condition."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

"I was given samples of blink tears for my dry eyes and was already having a slight eczema break out which I made very clear to the doctor. Since using these drops I found for the first hour or so my eyes feel a little better but now have a full blown rash all around my eyes. They itch and burn and very red and inflamed. I cannot believe how bad this has gotten to the point I can’t go outside. Will not use this product any longer."

Anita (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Soothe XP (ocular lubricant): "I have both age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and Fuchs dystrophy. Soothe XP, initially provided to me by my ophthalmologist as a sample for trial, has given me significant relief of dry eye discomfort. I have had no side effects whatsoever."

amki (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "I have used this product with no problem, then I got pneumonia and wow, my eyes went ballistic. Red, inflamed, puffy, itchy and I went to the doctor. He showed me a picture of eyes with problems like mine and the cause was Systane. I was so shocked. It is really terrible."

BirdTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant): "I tried Lacriserts for the second time. The applicator makes it very difficult placing something so tiny in my eye. I find myself blinking constantly because it feels like the lens moves around in my eye. That can be horrible if it continues. Still find myself using Serum Tears and Systane. A little disappointed with Lacriserts. Has anyone experienced similar side effects?"

Nanc (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

GenTeal PM (ocular lubricant): "I have used genteal gel during the night and the product worked well for a while. However, recently and from some reason I developed severe redness in my eyes and watery eyes when I used the product.."

gz (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect."

Anonymous July 15, 2018

Refresh Tears (ocular lubricant): "My eyes occasionally become dry. I have used many brands of eye drops over the years. I recently purchased Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops (because of good price). As soon as I put a drop in each eye, my eyes immediately became very red and painfully sore. I have never had such an effect with other brands of eyedrops, including Equate."

Liza (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

Lubricant Eye Drops (ocular lubricant): "Eyes felt dry in morning. Used brand new box/bottle (still well in date). Eyes became painfully red/sore. After two hours, still the same. I have used several brands of eyedrops before, but never with this result."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant): "Used Systane Ultra after cataract surgery with devastating consequences. Only just made the connection between my red very painful eyes and Systane Ultra. Stopped using it today and guess what..no pain. I have been in agony for weeks with this product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Soothe (ocular lubricant): "Soothe Lubricant Eye Drops Preservative Free single dose 3 10119 02219 1 Instructions on box but I like an insert also showing possible side effects Easy to use, am also using new Glaucoma drops so not sure which one making eyes a bit sticky. I am buying more. I think it’s best to try one new eye drop at a time to see how it works I bought this from Amazon third party seller as I recall, no prescription needed Ontario, Canada"

Doris (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

FreshKote (ocular lubricant): "I have severe dry eyes due to radiation of the left eye. This is the ONLY eye drops that has really helped. I usually use them twice a day. If I do not my eyes are very irritated. I am very disappointed because pharmacy I use has discontinued stocking them because of the cost. Many of my friends have changed to Freshkote, they are worth the extra cost. My sight is worth the cost."

Puddin (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

optive (ocular lubricant): "Eye lid swelling, sticky eye lids and a foreign body sensation."

Madhukar (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Causes rebound dry eye, burning, itching, watery eyes."

Ria (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant): "Went to optometrists / opthamologist For eye exam said I had dry eyes. Gave me sample bottles said to use 4 or 5 times a day first two weeks then no less than 3 times a day. My eyes are swollen, vision blurry, I wake up with goo and gook in my eyes it is awful. I stopped today I hope it clears up soon I drive for a living."

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "Two years after an "outbreak" of dry eye had come and gone I went to the eye Dr. inquiring about lasek and long story short, she told me I should start and continue using eye drops because my dry eye could flare up again and etc etc For whatever reason I listened to this stupid advice and started using Systane even though I would normally think "why tx it if it's not even a problem. Well, the first day of using Systane, my dry eye symptoms all came back and I've been dealing full blown dry eye, tearing like crazy, raw in the corner of my eye, and eye lashes falling out from constant moisture and itching all night. THANKS DOC.! and Systane."

teri (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant): "I have gotten broken blood vessel in my eyes two or three times. I was wondering if it was from the systane drops. I just started using them recently as my eyes were dry. Has anyone else had this side affect."

Valerie (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018