User Reviews for Systane

Dry Eye Disease
2.5

Summary of Systane reviews 2.6 6 reviews

Reviews for Systane

For Dry Eye Disease "I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion."

GSC September 21, 2018

"In preparation for cataract surgery my ophthalmologist told me to use Systane four times a day. After the first eye was done I was also told to use it in the operated eye for irritation as needed. So now after repeated use and both eyes getting worse and worse in terms of dryness , irritation and light sensitivity I finally had the DUH moment and figured out the Systane was making my eyes miserable. It's now been about 19 hours since I stopped the drops and both eyes are SO, SO much improved. Maybe this stuff is okay for an occasional dose, but most certainly not repeatedly."

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect."

Anonymous July 15, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Causes rebound dry eye, burning, itching, watery eyes."

Ria (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Two years after an "outbreak" of dry eye had come and gone I went to the eye Dr. inquiring about lasek and long story short, she told me I should start and continue using eye drops because my dry eye could flare up again and etc etc For whatever reason I listened to this stupid advice and started using Systane even though I would normally think "why tx it if it's not even a problem. Well, the first day of using Systane, my dry eye symptoms all came back and I've been dealing full blown dry eye, tearing like crazy, raw in the corner of my eye, and eye lashes falling out from constant moisture and itching all night. THANKS DOC.! and Systane."

teri (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have gotten broken blood vessel in my eyes two or three times. I was wondering if it was from the systane drops. I just started using them recently as my eyes were dry. Has anyone else had this side affect."

Valerie (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For "Systane Lubricant Eye drops have been a life saver for my dry eye condition. I have used all of the Systane products and have never had a problem. I am currently using RESTASIS also but still have to use the systane products. (Ultra, Balance, and Gel). Some of the conditions described above may be due to the preservatives used in the multidose products. In that case there are individual one time use vials available that are preservative free. "

dbonhoeffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

For "My eyes went from just teary to freaking monster scary bloodshot and tearing even more. Docs must be getting rewards to push this rubbish. I can't believe I just figured it out after using this medicine for almost 4 weeks."

Beverlee Princess (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For "If you were thinking about purchasing this product, please don't do it. My blurry vision has gotten worse!"

Pat33 November 30, 2017

For "I had a tear in my retina and needed to use a good eye drop after my laser surgery. I started using these drops and experienced horrible cramping and diarrhea. My doctor said she had never heard of that side effect but when I googled the active ingredient, it’s used as a laxative! I’m stopping today and finding other drops."

JayKray October 14, 2017

For "I used Systane eye drops for my dry eye and right away noticed that my vision was blurry so I stopped using and at the same time my eye lashes on both eyes fell out. I was puzzled more about the lashes than anything as it was very concerning. My eyelashes grew back in about 2 months, and one morning I grabbed what I thought was my re-wetting drops only it was the Systane. I put it in one eye when I immediately realized that I used the wrong bottle, and guess what.....in about 2 days, my eyelashes in the eye I used the Systane fell out again!!! Very upset about this!! I threw the bottle in trash which is what I should have done in the 1st place...."

Happy Nana April 24, 2017

For "Doctor said my eyes were dry and scratched. Said to use Systane. Now my eyes are dry, scratched, puffy, and red. Eyes worse now then before Systane. Will never, ever use this product again. Into the garbage go these overpriced eye drops. They said other drops were all marketing - guess what, my eyes didn't get puffy and red. "

mike1212 April 5, 2017

For "Contains boric acid which is toxic. Used in insecticide, nuclear power plants, and plastics. Should not be used."

aravmd February 26, 2017

For "These eyedrops are rubbish. This stupid product caused blurriness. NEVER BUY THESE!"

Fuck this (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

For "I recently went in for an eye exam and was told my eyes were dry. Optometrist told me to start using systane ultra a few times a day. In the first 4 days of use I've noticed my vision blurred and my contacts bothering me substantially. I've been using the same brand contacts for years and nothing else has changed, so it has to be the drops."

LiftedYJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Eye Redness "Was prescribed this for dry eyes by optometrist, told to use twice daily. Ever since 1st use, eyes stung and got extremely red, vision got worse, blurry vision, redness, itchy, and sensitivity to light. Did not realize it was this until I stopped use. Was told to use every 2 hours and vision was getting worse. This product did not work for me."

Jennifer36 September 23, 2015

For Eye Redness "I used this for three weeks....my eyes were blurry, and swollen eyelids, eyes more sensitive to light, matted eyelashes and crusting of lids. Stopped using the drops and now back to normal."

Jessis March 18, 2015

For Eye Redness "I have used Systane for about 9 weeks and have been experiencing severe swelling and irritation of my eyelids, including splitting of the skin and drying out of the sore areas. Have narrowed down the cause as Systane, and not blepharitis."

Popparon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

For Eye Redness "Systane (Long lasting) makes my eyes blurry and they stay blurry for quite a long time. However, Systane Ultra is just terrific. I have been using it for, for glaucoma with dry eyes, a couple of years now and find that it relaxes my eyes, as well as moisturizes them. The Systane (Long lasting) was purchased in error. Went back and got the Systane Ultra again and all is great. I highly recommend it for dry eye problems."

MTOS (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2013

For Eye Redness "Have been using SYSTANE on & off for a few weeks and have experienced severe redness, swelling & itching around my eyes. Couldn't figure out at first what was causing, so narrowed it down to this product, and made note WHEN I used it. Sure enough, SYSTANE seemed to be the cause. While using this eye gel and naturally blinking after it is placed in eyes, some gel gets onto the surrounding skin around the eyes, and it has caused the redness, itching & swelling. So, be aware of this side effect."

Get 'er Done July 7, 2013