User Reviews for Restasis

Dry Eye Disease
4.8

Summary of Restasis reviews 4.9 106 reviews

Reviews for Restasis

For Dry Eye Disease "I also agree... it is bottle is awful. I can't tell when I'm going to run out. I wish they'd bring back the individual doses. The Restasis itself is great... again... the bottle is awful!"

dlphn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The new multi-use bottle is a rip-off. With my insurance, it costs $175, but I can get a "month" of the vials for the same price. However, one of the vials will last 3 days! You do the math..."

Imo (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "This company needs to heed our warning. If I cannot get Restasis in vials again, I will find another medication with a better bottle or vials. The waste during application is incredible, and considering it’s obscene price, it is highway robbery. Based on so many reviews I am not the only one having problems with their new bottle. Please do something soon or your share value is going to start dropping drastically. Thank you."

Margie (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 9, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Not a fan of the multi-dose bottle. I've got my first prescription of this on August 29th and I am already almost out. And like others have remarked the bottle does not dispense drops properly. That is obvious because I should not be running out of medication this early. And since my insurance will not pay for another round until it's been a month I will have to go without it until a month has passed. But I am not going to buy this multi-dose again not if I can help it. I'm going to go back to the vials."

amkoffee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I haven’t been using Restasis long enough to know if it’s going to work for me, but I’m having a rough time with the applicator. I’m a veteran eye drop user, having used glaucoma medication for twenty years, and never had a problem. It’s really hard to get a drop of Restasis to emerge, and like others, I lose a lot of the medication in the process. Wish they would change applicators!"

Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Worse dispensing bottles EVER!! too expensive to be wasting even one drop but you can't help it with those awful new bottles. Once done with this prescription I'm done!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "After reading the comments I found it interesting that everyone has the same complaint and so do I. The new bottle is a joke!! I too have experienced it taking awhile to come out and when it does, it isn't a drop. You have to squeeze hard to get anything to come out!! I already have used one bottle which was shy of a months supply. I find for the money, this unacceptable. I have used various eye drop dispensers in my life but this is ridiculous!! Either go back to the vials or find a better bottle."

Lambchop (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I’ve been using multi dose for three months... The waste is horrible from this bottle (probably making more money for them) the cost is laughable! And why are they getting away with it !!!! USA needs to investigate this outrages price ! And then I have to use wetting drops as well .... when I’m done with this last 3 months I’m done period .... I can afford this by the way but I’m tired of people being used !!!!!"

Sue August 25, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Love restasis in the single dose vials! Works great for my dry eye with a pterygium (benign growth of tissue on the surface of the eye) I HATE, HATE, HATE the new multidose bottle. One required tools to use, the next gushes liquid all over at the slightest touch. Please go back to single use!!!!"

SJR (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I hate this bottle for dispensing drops. It is very difficult to get a drop to fall into your eyes. You have to squeeze the bottle and then wait, wait, wait for the drop or drops to fall. I used single vials previously and they were fine, but I'm not sure that these expensive drops are actually effective in my particular case. I'm checking with my doctor and hopefully can totally get off of these drops."

Joey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Bottles very difficult to use. Do not get a full month's usage from one bottle. Very expensive even with insurance. Does not seem to make much difference in eye discomfort."

Howie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The worst dispensing mechanism ever! At $500 for a tiny container, every drop counts. Instead of a well designed container that is able to allow drops to enter directly into the eye, this container has a flat end. At least 2-3 drops are lost during each administration of this product.."

NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "After years of using the vials I was happy to try the multi-dose application. Sad to say that the drops are very difficult to get out of the bottle. I need 3 bottles for one month which is $100 for me as opposed to the vials which I pay $100 for a 3 month supply. I am going back to the vials."

Vicki (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Like other people on these comments, the medicine contained within the packaging works great. The packaging is a marketing nightmare. First of all I followed the directions precisely, spending a lot of money for these eye drops I don't like wasting them. It takes too long for the drops to come out your eye dries out worse while you're waiting for the drop to come out. Then once the drop comes out multiple drops comes out drops all over your face wasting the drops, and wasting my money. The clear cap does not stay on the bottle there's no way to connect it to the bottle they warned against infection but there's no way to keep a cap on the bottle. Bottle accidentally drops tips over or you try to pack it in your purse or luggage to go anywhere the bottle top does not stay on. I'm calling my doctor and getting the single dose. I've never seen a container this poorly made."

Dj (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have used Restasis for many years with success but was very disappointed when I attempted to use the new bottles. Even after following the instructions it is extremely difficult to get the drop out and into the eye. After voicing my concerns to the insurance company I was sent a gratis bottle which worked the same as the others. In addition the product is very expensive. I recommend this product be taken off the market and the vials be used to fill prescriptions."

cutie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I also hate the new multidose bottle for the same reasons. Hard to apply, nothing comes out, then too much, doesn't last a month etc... The single use vials are much preferable. Over the years my eye doctors have confirmed that it is OK to use the single use vials more than once, until the liquid is consumed, as long as you keep the party used vial in the refrigerator. For this reason, a one month supply lasts at 2 to 3 months and I can justify using a bit more plastic. Compared to all the other ways our society wastes plastic, this is minor in comparison."

tennisbets July 24, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "A combination of Restasis and Pataday has cured my constant watery eyes - so distracting and embarrassing - I'm a teacher and tears running down my cheeks doesn't exactly inspire confidence. BUT switched pharmacy to CVS and they sent the multidose. Like others, I have trouble getting an exact drop out of the bottle and it does NOT last one month. Not sure what I can do to get the single dose vials since my insurance has a say."

Lin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using the ampoules since 2012; lots of used amps to discard in the recycle bin, no problem. First multidose bottle: 1) I cannot SEE the drop as it is ready to drip and therefore cannot align to my eye properly. 2) It takes A LOT of squeezing to get a drop to be dosed; in the process... 3)...eye becomes dry being held open so long awaiting drop to be disbursed. I timed my process last night, 5 minutes to get 2 drops; one per eye. The night before, I had a gushing stream down the side of my nose NOT from the tip as far as I could tell. Not impressed, I am requesting to go back to the vials; and another preauthorization process with my insurance."

JJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using single dose for many years.I thought it was just me having difficulty with this new multimode bottle. I have some finger arthritis & this is so hard to get into waste expensive drops. And when will there be a less expensive generic"

Diane (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 18, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "First I just want to mention I never post about products but this one has me so annoyed. I have had dry eyes since my laser eye surgery. My eye doctor prescribed restasis. It works, but you need to take it indefinitely. I used the vials and never used the whole thing so I thought switching to the multidose would mean less waste and less plastic. Nope. Just finished my 1st bottle (I think, bottle is impossible to squeeze and get anything out) in only 2 weeks. I might have gotten an extra drop here for there with the multidose bottle. With the vials I always did 2 drops (so not as much went to waste) in each eye and still had some left in the vial. I will be switching back to the vials unfortunately."

Ber (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The multi dose bottle is impossible for me to use by myself. I have to have someone put the drops in for me and by the time we get a drop out of the bottle my eyes are burning and dry from holding them open so long. I don’t really see that I’m any better after 1 month and this drug is outrageously expensive. My next refill I will ask for the single use vials which I hate because of all the plastic but I have to have."

Anna July 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Restasis medication has helped my dry eyes so very much but the new bottle is awful the design is outrageous the nose bit is too short.... I understand the mechanics inside needs to dispense one drop and it has to be aseptic I appreciate that but the nose is too short. Especially halfway through the bottle it's outrageous it comes out and goes to the side of the bottle very very difficult to use... I feel sorry for elderly patients who might need to use this medication with arthritis. Please address this issue... much appreciated."

Lulu (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "RESTASIS MultiDose RESTASIS MultiDose bottle design is the worst I’ve ever seen. The engineers have made it so complex that it takes 5 minutes to get ONE drop in both eyes. I see now why the cost is so high (must be 80% of the cost just in the manufacturing of their bottle). I just started using their product and it may be great (still waiting for the results) but I highly recommend you only use the single-use vials. Unfortunately Humana issued me a 90 day supply of the MultiDose bottles so this is going to be very painful. My guess is this is why so many people stop taking RESTASIS. "

BillB (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "What a rip off in this bottle of Restasis! Allergan needs to be investigated. I never could get drops to even come out even after I inverted the bottle several times. The product is great but your engineering design is pitiful. I bet the engineer who designed the bottle never tested it. I will be returning bottle today for refund. Why mess with a product that has worked for me for last 4 years?"

Lou (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "This one star rating is for RESTASIS MultiDose my insurer is now providing via mail order. Whoever invented this it is a marketing ploy by Allergan sand they should be hung out to dry! Horrible applicator as noted by many. I'll be back to the vials which will cost more locally, but such a better produce. I would give Restasis an 8 star rating for the drug itself which Allergan again markets to the hilt at the customers expense. It is hard to like a drug company like this."

eeagle (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2018