User Reviews for Restasis

Dry Eye Disease
4.8

Summary of Restasis reviews 4.9 123 reviews

Reviews for Restasis

For Dry Eye Disease "Used single use vials of Restasis for years and was switched to multidose bottles 7 months ago. Terrible design for the new multidose option. The drops take a long time to dispense the one drop per eye but got used to it. However the last two bottles didn't dispense the drops correctly at all. After waiting and waiting for the drops to dispense, several would come out at once. I went through 2 bottles in 4 weeks and now have to make do with over the counter drops until it's time for my next refill. Will now have to go back to single use vials and pay way too much because of this ridiculous design/flaw in the product."

Mel (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "There’s a learning curve to using the bottle. It was infuriating for the first couple weeks having $5 bills running down my cheek and only getting 26 days out of the bottle. But if you take your time it does work well and a month is not a problem. This is only month two and the relief I’m getting is absolutely, amazingly WONDERFUL!"

Learning (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The Restasis multi dose bottles are IMPOSSIBLE!!! What does it take to make Allergan construct a bottle that works as they claim? Not only is the bottle defective but the product is price prohibitive for most seniors (assume they make up most of the consumers) and the so-called “month” supply was 23 days for my first month, I’m just half way through my second bottle. It is causing me great anxiety that is only increasing after each use...or should I say attempt!!!"

V (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I am very unhappy with the multi-dispensing bottle. I did not know you can choose the vials. I am getting arthritis in my hands and I would swear my thumb would sprain before a drop comes out! I also use Fresh Kote and it now comes in the same type bottle, but is very easy to use. I was completely shocked when I picked up my 4th refill and it was the single vials. Yeah! However, this isn't doing much to make more tears. Xiidra was much more effective, but my insurance wouldn't cover it."

Sore thumb December 4, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The new bottles of Restasis is a disaster. I agree with the other critics that it doesn’t work. I’m beginning to get long term pain in my thumb from trying to make it work correctly. This dosage method and the new higher price are shameful. I think I should get in touch with the food and drug administration about this."

Vic November 26, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I first used mult-dose bottles then switched to vials. Vials are MUCH better. I get 2+ days from 1 vial (after opening, stored upright in frigde in a narrow capped pill bottle). Previously, for several months, I had a ghost image about 1 o'clock above the normal image in both eyes. The combination of Restasis PLUS Refresh PM ointment in each eye before bed quickly cleared up the ghost image problem. My ophthalmologist said the dry eyes had caused a scar due to eyes not being fully closed during sleep--hence the need for a lubricating ointment."

Dryeyes2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I agree with all of the negative comments. Did they forget to have people test it? Currently I am using ointment every night. I put it on so thick I can only see shapes and colors. I had used Restasis for ten years and stopped due to price. Went back to it when I had some really bad vision days and found the single bottle a very bad joke."

Fid (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I was awaking during the night with severe eye pain to the point of crying at times due to the pain. I have dry eyes and occular dystrophy. I have been using the Restatis for only about 3 weeks and I see a little improvement. I don’t have to sit in a dark room with my eyes covered with a cool damp washcloth anymore all day; although I do put one on at night time. I had been experiencing nearly daily corneal abrasions. It has been several days since I had one. The medication is a necessity as I have found nothing else that helps as much. I am hoping to see continued improvement as I have been told it could take 6 months to see optimal results. As everyone said the drawback is the bottle is difficult to use since the drops take a long time to come out and there does not seem to be adequate amount. With insurance and the Allergan coupon the drops are affordable. I am very grateful for the medication. I make some tears now. And my eyes are more comfortable."

Jackie October 13, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have to have Restasis. Been using this medicine for years. Recently used the multidose bottle. It does not work properly. I can not believe this product is allowed on the market. How can allergan do this and get away with it????"

Dry Eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "A few years ago my doctor told me I needed Restasis. I really did not think I had dry eyes, as my eyes actually tear up...he said those are "Junk Tears." Never heard of such a thing but went with it. I used them for about 4 months and did not notice a change. He thought I would "see better" with them. Ha Ha. What happened towards the end of using them...my vision started to get blurry. It has gotten worse and to the point where I need to wear glasses all the time. I really think the Restasis did this. The doctor says I have the start of cataracts...really...again, I am saying it was the Restasis that did this and I am not happy. So, in my opinion, unless you really are having a dry eye issue that is causing a lot of problems, do not use this product or you may very well end up like me and have blurred vision."

Mmorans5 October 4, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been on the Restasis in vials for about 6 years. I never had any problems at all. About a week ago I received my 90 day supply and it was 3 bottles. I checked into why now bottles and the bottles are preservative-free. I started using the bottles and I agree with everyone that the bottle "STINKS" even though the product is suppose to be better for your eye. I have had no issues with my eyes when using the vials so when these bottles are finished, I will be requesting the vials (they are still available). If you are on Medicare, as I am, and in the "donut hole" this will cost about $500 a month...TOOO expensive to use and waste! This drug drove me into the donut hole. I was in the rewards program before getting on Medicare and it cost me $90 for a 3 month supply. Why can't Seniors get HELP! This is ridiculous! Users need help with this drug."

lh (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "In case anyone is wondering, the retail price of a three-month prescription of the multi-use bottles is $1800.99. With insurance and the Allergan coupon, I wound up paying $152.01 out of pocket. Does the medicine work? I'm not sure because I haven't been using it long enough. I can tell you (as others have) that the bottle is a joke. I think it was purposefully designed to waste the product. It is impossible to get one drop out at a time which means you have dollars worth of product running down your cheek. I'm sure folks at Allergan are laughing all the way to the bank. Search YouTube for Restasis and watch the old videos that tout how their product come in one-use vials because the product should be fresh every time you use it. Now they changed their story to say the single use vials are wasting plastic. I'm going to ask my doctor to prescribe the single use vials (if they still make them)."

Cleanhonda September 30, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I just wanted to add my criticism of the multidose bottles! Ridiculous!!! My first bottle ($500+) lasted only 10 days. I thought I must be doing something wrong, so I tried again and managed to get a whopping 14 days worth of expensive drops out of that bottle. I used the single-use vials before and Restasis works well for me, but it's ridiculously expensive, especially when you get 10 days worth of medicine out of the bottle."

Back Home Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I'm not sure if Restasis works well. Can't get enough from the bottle to the eye to find out. The eyes sting badly so I have to use some Systane after 30 minutes. Perhaps the Allergan (Restasis) folks could call the Alcon (Systane) folks to find out how to make a bottle for eyedrops. Will be using only Systane when when the Restasis runs out."

Terbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The good: Restasis works for me. I was forced by my insurance company to try the other dry eye RX which was approved a year or so ago. Forced meaning they stopped covering Restasis. I used the other one for 9 months. It was awful. I finally got my insurance to once again cover Restatis. Have been back on it and it is working again. The bad: The multi dose bottle does not last a full month. Either they need to put more medicine in it or fix the bottle. Sometimes it's a tiny drop that comes out and sometimes it's a huge drop. I will continue to use Restasis, but a fix on the multi dose bottle would be nice."

RodS (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have never been as frustrated trying to take medication as I have been with the Restasis Multidose bottle. What an incredibly poor design. Initially, the bottle works fine, but after a few uses, it take so long to disperse a drop that my hand cramps. So, I change hands, and the drop comes out and falls on my face and I have to start the process again. Because the medication is so expensive, and the only medication that affectively treats dry eye, the only way to afford it is by using the companies promotional card that gives you a big discount on the Multidose bottles. If didn't need this medication I would never purchase anything again from Allergan again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have chronic dry eyes and my eye doctor recommended to use Restasis to help with the condition. Upon receiving my prescription, I was told it cost $512.00!!! I said what in the world and why is this product so outrageously expensive. I said no ,I cannot afford that price. My pharmacist went on his computer and looked for a coupon. He came back and said it went down to $107.00 But still for the tiny bottle where there is barely enough drops for a couple of weeks plus the drops take forever to come out and sometimes landing on your face which is a waste of $$$$!!! Allergan is making big bucks on this product they need to be investigated but then again pharmaceutical companies own the legislation in this country. Most of us seniors with this chronic condition do not have excess $$$ to spend on this product. Good for those wealthy people who can afford this product but what about the other 90% of the population that cannot afford this but need it. Answer? Greed"

love labs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I also agree... it is bottle is awful. I can't tell when I'm going to run out. I wish they'd bring back the individual doses. The Restasis itself is great... again... the bottle is awful!"

dlphn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The new multi-use bottle is a rip-off. With my insurance, it costs $175, but I can get a "month" of the vials for the same price. However, one of the vials will last 3 days! You do the math..."

Imo (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "This company needs to heed our warning. If I cannot get Restasis in vials again, I will find another medication with a better bottle or vials. The waste during application is incredible, and considering it’s obscene price, it is highway robbery. Based on so many reviews I am not the only one having problems with their new bottle. Please do something soon or your share value is going to start dropping drastically. Thank you."

Margie (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 9, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Not a fan of the multi-dose bottle. I've got my first prescription of this on August 29th and I am already almost out. And like others have remarked the bottle does not dispense drops properly. That is obvious because I should not be running out of medication this early. And since my insurance will not pay for another round until it's been a month I will have to go without it until a month has passed. But I am not going to buy this multi-dose again not if I can help it. I'm going to go back to the vials."

amkoffee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I haven’t been using Restasis long enough to know if it’s going to work for me, but I’m having a rough time with the applicator. I’m a veteran eye drop user, having used glaucoma medication for twenty years, and never had a problem. It’s really hard to get a drop of Restasis to emerge, and like others, I lose a lot of the medication in the process. Wish they would change applicators!"

Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Worse dispensing bottles EVER!! too expensive to be wasting even one drop but you can't help it with those awful new bottles. Once done with this prescription I'm done!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "After reading the comments I found it interesting that everyone has the same complaint and so do I. The new bottle is a joke!! I too have experienced it taking awhile to come out and when it does, it isn't a drop. You have to squeeze hard to get anything to come out!! I already have used one bottle which was shy of a months supply. I find for the money, this unacceptable. I have used various eye drop dispensers in my life but this is ridiculous!! Either go back to the vials or find a better bottle."

Lambchop (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I’ve been using multi dose for three months... The waste is horrible from this bottle (probably making more money for them) the cost is laughable! And why are they getting away with it !!!! USA needs to investigate this outrages price ! And then I have to use wetting drops as well .... when I’m done with this last 3 months I’m done period .... I can afford this by the way but I’m tired of people being used !!!!!"

Sue August 25, 2018