User Reviews for Restasis

Dry Eye Disease
4.7

Summary of Restasis reviews 4.8 83 reviews

Reviews for Restasis

For Dry Eye Disease "What a rip off in this bottle of Restasis! Allergan needs to be investigated. I never could get drops to even come out even after I inverted the bottle several times. The product is great but your engineering design is pitiful. I bet the engineer who designed the bottle never tested it. I will be returning bottle today for refund. Why mess with a product that has worked for me for last 4 years?"

Lou (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "This one star rating is for RESTASIS MultiDose my insurer is now providing via mail order. Whoever invented this it is a marketing ploy by Allergan sand they should be hung out to dry! Horrible applicator as noted by many. I'll be back to the vials which will cost more locally, but such a better produce. I would give Restasis an 8 star rating for the drug itself which Allergan again markets to the hilt at the customers expense. It is hard to like a drug company like this."

eeagle (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "If you can get these drops in your eyes with out blinking (it takes so long!) it works quite well. However, no medicine should be this difficult to use to do its job! Whoever invented this new eye drop bottle should be fired!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I agree with everyone else. The bottle is awful and does not last a full month!! Is there any way you can get this info to Allergan, the manufacturer? I'd like them to know."

Wren May 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using Restasis for 3 years, it has helped a lot. I HATE the new bottle. I have to pay a lot for this and it doesn't last the month because the bottle is so hard to squeeze then 2 drops come out just when you give up waiting for it. It's awful! The bottle is the reason I give it a 3 otherwise it would have been higher."

doirked (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I have used Restasis for almost five years, with great results, no side effects. The ampules worked beautifully, I never lost one drop. I was happy to switch to the multi dose option, thinking there would be less waste. What a horrible design! Drops sometimes run down the side of the bottle instead of the nozzle (which is too short). You need to squeeze extra hard to get a drop out and so sometimes a huge drop that feels like two drops come out. I have never experienced an eye drop bottle this terrible. It is unmanageable."

Erika (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Restasis rx is great for my dry eye associated with Sjorgrens. But the multi dose bottle is awful. I have rheumatoid arthritis. When I finally got into the bottle the drops were VERY difficult to get out. I thought the multi was a great idea and I have no difficulty with normal eye drop containers. I hope they change it but currently I hope they continue to produce the little vials."

BBB66 (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The multi dose administration device is a disaster. It should be investigated. Possibly they think they can sell more due to the wasteage. Of course my arthritis may be a factor but comment true nonetheless"

Billy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I’ve been using Restasis for years with no problems. Howerver, the new bottle design is terrible. I find myself wasting drops because it is difficult to properly locate the applicator to place the drops in my eyes. I find this particularly disturbing since you only get a 30-day supply and I’ve been running short. Please design a more user-friendly applicator. Because of the new bottle design, I’m only giving a “3” rating. I would have otherwise rated it a “10”."

Marty (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I just started restasis about a week ago. So far, it often irritates my eyes, leaving the burning and slightly red. Using Theratears after 15 minutes helps, but I often use it more than I had been before starting the Rx. I agree with most users that the bottle is horrendous. I have fairly strong hands but need both to get a drop out, and my eyes get even drier from holding the eye under the drop open until I can get it out. There’s no excuse for this. Designing a decent bottle is not rocket science!"

Judy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I feel better after reading reviews to find out others have had problems with the multi use container. I have used eye drops for many years and have NEVER had a problem with putting them in my eyes, but this bottle is so poorly designed, difficult to squeeze the drop out and it either comes out too much and is a waste or not enough or not at all. I hope I can get the single use vials which are much more sanitary too,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I was coerced into purchasing this multidose bottle. My insurance refused to pay for Xiidra until I had tried Restasis, and then the coupon was only available for the multi-dose vial. I paid over $300 out of pocket for a bottle of eyedrops which lasted me 20 days. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get in touch with customer service without any results."

Jesse (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "When I heard they had come out with a multi-dose bottle, I was thrilled, more compact, less plastic waste, etc. Then I used it. The design of this bottle is terrible. You have to squeeze so hard and wait for the drop, usually two come out at once. There is hardly enough in the bottle to last one month! Yet is cost the same as 60 single-use vials! I am paying over $ 300 per month with the $ 200 coupon from Restasis! I am going back to the single use vials. They are easier to use and I will definitely get at least one month maybe two out of it. Hopefully Allergan will consider our opinions and redesign the multidose bottle."

Paula (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I like the product. Hate the new bottle container. The drops take too long to come out, so if not careful you can easily end up losing a drop down your cheek. Unfortunately my prescription was for 3 bottles. Next time I'll be sure and specify from my dr to request the vials."

Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using restasis for 15 months for dry eye. It has helped some but not as much as I had hoped. I started with the single dose for the first year. I found them very easy to use. My last 90 day script was the multidose bottle. It was very difficult to use. Hard to squeeze the drops out and often more than one drop would come out. A bottle is suppose to last for 30 days I did not even get 3 weeks from my last bottle. Very disappointing."

Lu (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I will go back to the individual vials. The multidose is VERY hard to use and there is a lot of waste as extra drops come out; guess the waste is what “they want”. Must have the bottle perfectly vertical to get a fair result, any tilt of the bottle causes the drop to go on your face versus your eye."

John (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Both my husband and I have used Restasis for years, but are extremely unhappy with the multi-dose packaging that is frustratingly difficult to use, especially for seniors. It takes a major effort to get a drop out of the hard shelled bottle and then comes out in a wasted stream that lasts far less than the entire month. We are going to complain to our opthamologist and have them find us a different, more user-friendly product. Restasis needs to discontinue this bottling and go back to the single-dosage."

Chrissy March 27, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The multidose version works great for me: hold the bottle in front of you and apply pressure until you see the beginning of a drop appear, then apply to each eye. I got well more than a month's worth out of each bottle. Vision is now clear after reading for an extended time (unlike with Xiidra)."

SteveO (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "This new multi use dropper bottle is the worst designed eye drop dispenser I have ever had to use. I consider myself pretty adept at instilling eye drops in my own eyes but this bottle makes it nearly impossible! I stare at the ceiling for a good 20-30 seconds waiting for the first drop to come out and then at least 2 come out at once. This stuff is far too expensive to waste dripping down your cheeks. I am now begging my doctor to prescribe the single use vials again for me. I'll stop using this medication if I have to keep using this bottle."

staring at the ceiling (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "After 2 weeks of taking the single vial medicine for the first time in 2 years my eyes do not hurt. I was so frustrated from the constant night and day pain I didn't think it was going to end. Today is the first day the sun didn't bother me, wind and I didn't rush to find eye drops and insert them every 5 minutes. I have not had to use eye drops today except restasis. Thank goodness. Maybe I can wear makeup again "

Bran (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I got very severe dry eyes 2 yrs after my cataract operations. I used OTC moisturizing drops for 2 yrs before I decided to give Restasis a try out of desperation. I had read the reviews & most of them were negative. However, as I said I was desperate & was hoping for the best when I decided to try Restasis. The choice was easier for me than others because the Restasis wasn't going to cost me very much to experiment. Long story short. I took the stuff for 6 months straight taking it twice a day & there was not even a slight bit of relief. I saw my Doc at the 6 month mark & he told me to stop taking it since it wasn't doing any good. Guess all the reviews were right. I'm waiting for the VA to adopt Xiidra as a dry eye medication. I'm thinking that this will help me since this was developed for dry eyes while Restasis is not."

Thechindude (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "First of all calling this a disease is wrong! It is a condition that has many different causes! My happens to be age. While I thought the Rx worked better that any of the OTC eye drops, I STILL need the SYSTANE Gel when I go to bed. I put the drops in about half hour before bed and 10 minutes after I close my eyes, my eyes feel dryer than they had ALL DAY. I then need to add the gel and sleep through the night. I have no problems all day long."

maryann (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Multi drop plastic bottle is horrible to use. Wasting more than one drop trying to squeeze 1 drop out. May go to another brand"

Debrah March 13, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Please do something about the new squeeze bottle. It collapses when you squeeze and stays that way. It is almost impossible to get a drop out. At least the vials worked which I have been on for a few years. This is my second bottle and is works same as first - really poorly"

bfj March 7, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Restasis is a great product that I have been successfully using for years. However, this month I was given the multidose bottle, which is so bad that is it enough to make me discontinue Restasis. I have worked in ophthalmology for over 15 years, so I am very proficient at instilling eyedrops. This bottle is as hard as a rock and after squeezing with all your might to get it to work, a stream of drops comes out and 1/4 of the bottle is gone. Absolutely terrible design."

Jill (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2018