User Reviews for Cequa

Dry Eye Disease
2.8

Reviews for Cequa

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “Was given Cequa for my dry eyes. Have been getting plugs but haven't worked as well as I had hoped. Dr. gave me samples of Cequa to try. I have used for about 3 weeks. I knew that they might burn at first. I really wanted them to work. So I was very diligent about 2x day every 12 hrs. My eyes burn so bad still. I either have pain from the burning or my dry eyes. The burning seems to lessen about an hour or so before it's time for the next drops. I tried restasis but didn't work for me either. I guess I will need to just stick with my refresh tears. They don't work very long but they don't burn. 1 kind of pain is better than 2”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “I was given this for dry eye from LASIK surgery. I had a bad reaction to using Cequa that got worse the more I used it. Headaches, foggy head, my ears felt water clogged, itchy eyes, sandy feeling in eyes, difficulty breathing through my nose and some puffiness, and increased fatigue. I tried taking it once/day instead of 2x/day and the side effects decreased but still remained and got worse whenever I tried to take it 2x/day as directed. I would wake up in the night uncomfortable and unable to fall back asleep. Getting reimbursed by the company was also frustrating. I had to call repeatedly before finally getting through to someone who could guide me through getting reimbursed for the 3 month supply I was not able to use.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used Xiidra for about a year and it seemed to help somewhat but I could not justify the cost versus benefits. I just tried Cequa. It cost about $67 out of pocket. It made my eyes so much worse. I used it for a few days thinking that maybe it would take a while to experience results, but I had constant burning and red eyes from it. It’s terrible to try to get through a work day with burning eyes. It’s difficult to focus mentally when all you want to do is lie down and close your eyes with a hot compress on them. Sadly, Cequa did not work for me.”

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Just started using Cequa about 1 week ago. My doctor told me to expect burning which I have, especially at night. I had begun to notice less or no burning in the morning which did not surprise me. I thought my eyes were closed and less subject to drying. I also noticed the closer I kept to the 12 hours between drops the less burning, tearing and running nose I experienced. Also I have noticed every application I have a slight headache over my left eye. Nothing really painful and doesn’t last very long....maybe 15 minutes. After the burning and excessive tearing stops, my vision is very comfortable all day. There is more burning at night but again I think that is from my eyes being open and more subject to drying. I have to say I don’t like putting something in my eyes that make them burn and water. I have samples to try so the vote is still out on long term use.”

MP · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used Xiidra for 3 years and had excellent results until I became allergic to it. Cequa has just come out and I have been on it one month. I do not have any pain with use, vials are easy to use. The medication is not costing me a lot of money, just 30 a month. The bad news is that it does not work as well as Xiidra. My eye doc likes what she is seeing as she thinks it will be a good drug for me but I still have dry eye symptoms. I am hoping these will ease up the longer I use the drug.”

RHGirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Used Restasis but MD didn't see remarkable difference, so recommended Cequa. Could not tolerate drug at all. Immediate pain upon putting eye drops in, extreme redness and burning. Received coupon for one month supply so there were no out of pocket expenses. Never went through the insurance process to see if drug would have been covered.”

Dryeyegirl December 20, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I was on Restasis for over 10 years which allowed me to manage my dry eye syndrome. Once I went through menopause it was like my whole system changed and the Restasis no longer worked. I then tried Xiidra for maybe a year or so which also did not work. I was just getting ready to start the autologous tears, and my eye doctor said a new drug had been FDA approved a week before and to give that a try. I have been on Cequa ever since and my dry eyes have been the best they have been for many years. I am extremely happy with it. I have no burning, I get multiple drops out of each vial. I hated Xiidra because it left an oily film, I guess, on my eyes and affected my vision and also left a very strange metallic taste in my mouth. I have severe dry eye syndrome. At one point I had an attack that was so bad I lay on my bed and screamed for 24 hours. So, I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for Cequa. I also use an external spray on my eyes twice a day.”

Tee March 4, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I was given Cequa to use after I stopped using Restasis because it burned/stung everytime I used it. I don't really see any difference. The Cequa stings and causes my eyes to water all night long, making my nose run as well. Lately my vision seems to have gotten really blurry, and I am wondering if this is some reaction to the Cequa. My eye doctor told me to stop using it for now.”

Elen · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “I was prescribed this medication by my eye doctor and after few days of use I had severe skin burns on eye lids and it cause blurred vision that incapacitated me from doing anything for couple of weeks. After treated with steroid medication I was able to recover But when I called costumer service of the company, their representatives where rude and sent me on the loop which give me no support and no refund for 3 months worth of product I can’t use. Worse costumer service I’ve ever encountered. I’ll never use this company ever again.”

Suzanne December 18, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used Xiidra for 8 months with no noticeable results other than it drained my bank account. Cequa was just recommended but after reading nothing but negative results, I’m not going to spend $600 a month for 2 drops a day for 6 months to see if it helps. Thanks for the comments!”

Liz August 22, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I started Cequa for dry eyes and it seems to help tremendously but I am noticing vision changes where it’s hard to see up close and at night. I never had an issue before. I’m going to stop the drops and tell my Opthamologist.”

nickname · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “After 3 days of using Cequa my left eye got infected.”

Vee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “My eyes stings using Cequa. I have not been consistent using it because of the stings. I think I’m going to stop using it.”