User Reviews for Xiidra

Dry Eye Disease 23 reviews 123 medications

5.4
Summary of Xiidra reviews 23 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been on this about two months now. It's been a lifesaver. I'm almost a normal person again. Some thoughts: For me, the burning, stickiness, and occasional headaches went away after a while. The bitter throat taste is still there. And in the interested of full disclosure, some days it seems to give me some sinusitis. Another downside is that I can now stare at screens for way too long, so my arthritis in hands and wrists is coming back. (I can even play video games again.) I had straightforward MGD/waxy oils. To the best of my knowledge I have no complicating factors like sjogrens, other immune issues, etc. I've never had eye surgery. I also don't think I have the demodex problem some people do (none of the symtoms of that)."

Yep, worked February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "This drug has been an absolute life-saver! In fact, I had punctual plugs in before this and about 2-3 weeks in to starting this full time they actually worked TOO WELL, and my eyes were severely watering without the ability to drain. My doctor took the plugs out and that provided some relief but now I'm only taking one drop daily, followed by two drops on alternating days and it seems to be the right amount. This was initially making my eyes feel really goopy but after a month or so on it that's gone away (could've been the plugs causing this to a certain degree). My eyes have never been whiter and less irritated/burning sensation that plagued me before! I also took Restasis but would hands down suggest Xiidra if you're impatient!!"

zjuv006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been in this medicine for five days and my eyes are NORMAL again!! I have severe dry eye and constant tearing...this has been going on for years but for the past two months it's been constant and unbearable. I am so grateful for this medicine! I got my first dose for free...my insurance doesn't cover it..$487 full price. The company that makes Xiidra contacted my insurance company and my eye doctor...waiting to hear if they'll deem it medically necessary....which it is....then they may add it for me. The savings card will give a discount for a year as well...waiting to hear from them as to how much it will cost with that. The only side effect I have is a bitter taste in the back of my mouth for 15-30 min after using it. Worth it!!!"

Ksrasra February 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using these for about a month and a half. My vision is improved, but I can't breathe. This stuff has exacerbated my asthma. The drops burn like fire, my nose is stuffy, and I can't see a damn thing for about an hour. I love that I can see, but it's not worth the side effects."

lil gg February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using Xiidra for 2 months. It began working immediately. It burned a little on initial use, but that has subsided. I do have blurry vision for aprox 15/20 minutes and sometimes watery eyes lasting longer. I also had inflammation in my eyes and blepharitis. I clean my eyes every nite with baby shampoo. The inflammation has cleared up. I also use lubricating drops during the day, which were not enough before I started on Xiidra. My eye Dr. told me about the burning, itching and bad taste which does not affect me bad enough to worry about it. I think it's worth trying this medicine, don't give up right away as some of these side effects go away with use."

mydryeyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "My experience was so bad that even though I only used the drops for four or five days. I thought maybe I was just too sensitive! But it's been over THREE MONTHS SINCE I USED THEM and my lids feel like they stick together; I am unable to tolerate any light shining in the right one and must keep it patched all day, everyday! I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH HORRIBLE PAIN, HAVE LOST MY PERIPHERAL VISION IN THE RIGHT EYE, CAN'T LOOK DOWN OR SIDE TO SIDE! I'D RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN GO ON WITH THE PAIN AND LOSS OF VISION THIS STUFF HAS CAUSED!!!"

Ginniescat3 February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been on Xiidra for over 3 months after using Restasis for 5 years. I'm seeing vast improvements, although there is some burning (which is no worse than the burning I experienced with Restasis). I did have the severe tearing as mentioned by Twiggy123, but my doctor advised me to quit all other non-prescription dry eye drops and the tearing stopped."

Minnie1122 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used the medicine for 3 months. With Sjogren's and Lupus, the drops were, most nights, excruciating. The morning dose was uncomfortable. It took an hour for my sight to clear every time. I experienced constant runny nose, tightness in my throat, and urethra. Because it is an immune suppressant, I now have a bladder infection. Despite gaining eye relief, unparalleled the first month, but declining in effectiveness the second and third months, I have to stop. I cannot have repeat infections. I was paying $20 a month with the coupon."

For Sjogrens January 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had cataract surgery in November. One of the problems I was experiencing with my cataracts were halos and "starbursts" around lights. The surgery resolved that problem. After the surgery, I developed symptoms of dry eye. My doctor prescribed Xiidra to relieve the dry eye. The Xiidra drops burned my eyes severely and also burned the skin around my eyes. I had to stop using it after a week. To my great disappointment and alarm, the halos around the lights have returned. The only thing I did differently after the surgery was to use Xiidra. I am convinced that Xiidra has damaged my eyesight."

rupl (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have only given this a 5 to date as I was hoping to get better information on this website as to how other people felt about the drops. Most it seems didn't give it enough to time, it appears, to find out if it actually works, if asthma and extreme side effects it's understandable. I am the same as them. I used this the first time and my eyes not only burned but they were cloudy and I had to lay down and close my eyes for 20-30 min before it dissipated. I like others was so annoyed by it that I didn't give it a chance. This eye condition has ruined my quality of life at 46. Does anyone else wonder how this came about? You never heard about dry eye disease 30-40 years ago unless you were 90. Now people in 20's have this debilitating cond"

Lena46 January 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "1.) I like the results, but at $500 per month (my Medicare prescription plan does not cover Xiidra), I will not be using Xiidra after the first free month. 2.) The drops are to be stored at 77 degrees. Who keeps their home that hot? 3.) The instructions say to keep the unused plastic applicator/drops resealed in the foil pouch. But the applicators cannot be torn apart while in the pouch if you use the corner opening starter provided. You need to cut the side open to break one off if you are going to be able to reseal the pouch (by folding the foil pack at the opening.) 4.) I cannot find a consumer response option on the Shire or Xiidra websites to tell them. Seems a relatively new drug would want feedback."

Murmur January 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I picked up this medication from the drug store today. I read the information that came with this drug. Seconds after I put a single drop in each eye, I had terrible, awful, and severe burning in my eyes, and my vision was impaired (cloudy). That was two hours ago, and I have EXTREME feelings of pressure in my eyes and pain. This is worse than the worst case of dry eye that I have had. The only relief that I can get is to close my eyes. I hope that the effects will diminish soon. I will never put another drop of this stuff in my eyes again."

Irenego December 29, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using over 3 weeks with no side effects except a slight burning for a few days but even the burning is gone! I have had severe dry eyes that made me miserable! I have plugs in all four tear ducts and the Dr., tried Restatis which did nothing! The Xiidra has been wonderful and my eyes feel like normal again! So thankful for this medicine!"

tbeckys1 December 22, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I was on Restasis (was on it for 8 months) and that not do too much so I heard about Xiidra and my Dr. agreed to have me try it. I have a very severe case of dry eye to a degree that it has affected my life so I am willing to try anything. I also tried Lipiflow and that did absolutely nothing due to my Meibomian glands being so thick and blocked-waste of money! So far I have only been on Xiidra for 6 days and both of my eyes are starting to feel lubricated! If this continues to work and improve my eyes, OMG I will be so thrilled.. I gave it an 8 only because it's just been 6 days so I want to see if my eyes improve even more. But I think that is a pretty good start! Very happy so far that I have tried it!"

Woo hoo December 20, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I started using this about two weeks ago then about a week ago started getting bad headaches... mostly at night...now they are continuing during the day! I am going to STOP using them. At first I was noticing a pressure in my head then the headaches began! I was so hoping this would be my answer as Restasis didn't work for me!!! But I can Not deal with the headaches!!! Not worth continuing the drug to have to deal with severe head aches!"

Pattyah December 12, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had been using Ziidra for approximately two weeks when I had a very Acute Asthma attack that has now lasted over eight weeks. I am still very short of breath, having attacks, and I have had to spend a fortune on emergency care, meds, a nebulizer, a HEPA air filter, a HEPA sealed vacuum, and cleaning help. Then three days ago a friend said that she had started using Ziidra an that it had caused severe worsening of her Asthma. It had not even occurred to me that the drops could have been the cause. I stopped them immediately and it remains to be seen if what now seems to be Chronic Severe Asthma will calm down. I had never had anything but situational Asthma before, which a puff of a rescue inhaler would relieve immediately."

Anonymous December 11, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I took advantage of their promotion offering the first prescription free. However, since Medicare doesn't cover this medication, subsequent refills will cost me $450 a month. This is a very expensive medication that I simply can't afford, and will likely have to do without. Consumer tip. Medication comes in single dose containers, and instructions suggest you discard them. But if you're careful, you can actually get two doses from each container."

RCCrich November 29, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used xiidra for approximately 3 weeks prescribed for dry eye disease. The terrible taste it left in my throat was bearable but I must say that it has significantly increased tearing. It is so bad that I have returned to the eye doctor to obtain medication for itchy constant tearing eyes. Two days after beginning prescription Prednisolone AC 1% I am finally getting relief from the itching eyes. The tearing continues to effect my quality of life. I'm extremely disappointed that I was not informed of this possibility by my eye doctor. In this day and time we must all be our own advocate for any negative side effects because some physicians fail to inform their patients. Please beware of the side effects of Xiidra!!!!!!"

Twiggy123 November 26, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I'm appreciative of an option other Restasis. However, the bitter taste, chronic headache, tightness in chest and cough are very frustrating. It's almost like I have asthma. Would love thoughts on this. I'm now having to use cough medicine to go to sleep."

KS User (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have severe dry eye. I was using punctal plugs and Restasis and getting about 75% relief. My insurance quit paying for both and said they would pay for one or the other. I have been suffering for over a year now with just punctal plugs until my eye doctor suggested Xiidra. Believe it or not, the insurance authorized it (even though the cost is the same as Restasis...go figure). I have been on it for about three weeks now and am getting pretty good relief. The only thing I don't like is the bad taste I get in the back of my throat from it. I keep hoping this will go away, but it hasn't yet. I would say that it works better than Restasis and much faster, too! I would recommend that anyone with dry eye give Xiidra a try."

Snkeptz (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "Have been on Xiidra for 5 weeks and it has not worked for me. The first 4 days were tough with moderate burning ( not as bad as Restasis) and eyes were blurry for approximately 20 min. These side effects decreased with time, but there was no improvement in my eyes. I feel like this is very similar to my experience with Restasis ....I wasted a lot of time and money on something that was totally ineffective."

Nub October 26, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using this medication for the past seven days. I have felt nauseous for most of that time plus a constant headache, plus my eyes are red all day. I think I will go back to my over the counter eye drops."

Jjy October 16, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Dry Eye Disease "First my Dr had me on Restasis, and after 2 months, it really did nothing for me! Now, the doc prescribed Xiidra! I've been using it for about 6 weeks, and it does seem to be working! I do have a huge problem, though! I'm assuming it is mostly older people using your drops? Why have the medication, in such a hard plastic container, that a senior citizen with Arthritic Hands, cannot open your packaging, or squeeze the eye drop dispenser, easily? Hopefully, someone at Shine, will take the time to read this, and answer me? Thank you!"

Grammajudyb October 5, 2016