User Reviews for Xiidra

Dry Eye Disease   3.9

Reviews for Xiidra

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “After having Lasik surgery of which the surgeon should’ve never done it(“oh, your eyes are just a little dry but that shouldn’t be a problem” , I was diagnosed with severe dry eye which after the Lasik surgeon basically dumped me and referred me to an eye specialist and they recommended Xiidra. I’ve found out it really doesn’t do what it says it supposed to do and dries out my eyes even more. I think that ophthalmologists recommend it because because they get kickbacks from the pharmaceutical industry. If I could give the rating a zero I would.”

ellzeena · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “DO NOT USE THIS DRUG. I just contacted a personal injury law firm who is investigating it for a class action lawsuit. IN SEVEN DAYS I went from a minor dry eye problem to FULL vitreous detachment FROM THIS DRUG. I saw two different ophthalmologists JUST prior to this happening to me and had NO SIGN of vitreous detachment. It was DEFINITELY the drug. DO NOT PUT THIS GARBAGE INTO YOUR EYES.”

Disgusted February 9, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “Horrible! Initially, I had the awful chemical taste in my mouth and burning/itching in my eyes. Food wasn't tasting the same and I actually worried that I might have contracted Covid-19 (I didn't). Within 3 weeks of starting on the Xiidra sample box, I woke up to find that my eyes were running profusely. Within 24 hours, I developed an intense migraine behind my right eye. I had mucus in my eyes. The following morning, I woke to find a blocked salivary gland (swollen and painful) and sores in my mouth. I was put on a 7-day course of antibiotics even though blood work at Urgent Care showed no sign of infection. After more than 10 days, the gland is still blocked and I'm seriously wondering if it's due to excessive mucus. Through my research, I've discovered that this KY company tested these drops on dogs. My heart breaks thinking of these innocent animals suffering like I did and I am absolutely appalled.”

Concerning · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “I started using Xiidra 3 months ago 1 drop both eyes twice daily. It burns on application and I have noticed that my vision acuity has changed for the worse. My eyes frequently itch and I have developed an enlarged lymph node in my neck that is hard and tender to touch. I have also developed a scalp irritation (dermatitis) that extends ear to ear from the back of my neck hair line up to the middle of my scalp. It itches horribly and wakes me up in the middle of the night. Is Xiidra causing these issues ? I don't know. I do know that I did not have these symptoms prior to starting Xiidra. My dry eye issues have improved somewhat but not enough to continue using Xiidra.”

Eyes January 30, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “These eye drops are extremely dangerous. Caused me to have a horrible sore throat, swollen lymph nodes on the sides of my neck, pain in my ears, and blurred vision. This will be one of those medications that they recall because of the damaging side effects. Not on the market long enough. This should have never been approved by the FDA. In spite of the money I paid for this over priced drug, I threw it all away. Bad stuff.”

CB · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “Took 1 dose of Xiidra and had almost immediate sinus issues. 4 days later and still have symptoms; intense pressure. Using Saline nasal spray, Tylenol and alternating warm/cold compresses that only give some relief. May try Flonase. Will not take Xiidra again and just use Optase artificial tears. It did seem to help the eye inflammation that day but not worth the side effects.”

Dry Eyes · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2021

For Dry Eye Disease: “Horrible side effects! I used Xiidra for 1 1/2 weeks. About 3 to 5 days later I started getting this horrible pain in my eye socket, especially around the inner part of my eyes. The pain is so intense that I have had to take ibuprofen to help with the pain. I have had headaches, and what seems to be sinusitis. I dealt with the horrible bitter taste hoping I would get relief from the dryness, but now pain that will not subside. Making appointment to see my doctor. Called the company after I paid almost $55.00 and they will not reimburse even after advising I would send product and receipt back. CVS will also not take it back. BEWARE! If you want to try, ask your ophthalmologist for a sample. Pain, constant tearing of eyes, headache, blurry vision... Reported to FDA. Ended up going to the ER. My eyes were swollen shut. The pain was so intense around my eyes, that my prescribed Percocet did nothing to relieve the pain. Will live with dry eye any day over this experience.”

AB December 31, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I have tried Restasis, over the counter Refresh tears and gel drops and plugs. None of these have really helped. Then I went to another eye doctor who recommended I try Xiidra. I am SO glad I did! This eye drop helps with eye inflammation too (look it up!) and I have long felt this was part of my issue. I have Lupus with secondary Sjögren’s syndrome. I must look at a computer for work all day. These drops have made all the difference. In the beginning they made my eyes burn upon instillation, some dizziness, and the metallic taste...even some sinus symptoms but all of that subsided after a few weeks. I am so glad I stuck with it and gave these eye drops a chance!!”

Unhappy · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used Xiidra at first a year ago. I didn't use it regularly because of the initial stinging and nasty taste that goes down your sinuses to the back of your throat. I would use it off and on for my dry eye symptoms. Eventually I used it up and didn't use it again until just recently with a new prescription. I've been using it as prescribed twice a day, 12 hours apart for the last week and a half and now I have eye floaters in my right eye, which is a huge nuisance. Also my eyes are often puffy around the lids and sticky with tears, because they are stinging. I won't use it again, especially after reading similar experiences. I can't wait for it to get out of my system. I'll go back to using over the counter drops and holistic measures at night, and when I am resting. That's all that comforts me. The back of my throat has also been scratchy.”

Don't Use Xiidra · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Used Xiidra for three days and experienced all the awful side effects and made one eye feel gritty. Now hoping the pain in my cheeks will go away after discontinuing these acid-like drops. Good thing I got a free sample before shelling out the ridiculous amount of money they want for this.”

Shanti · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I started taking Xiidra and I loved it but then I started noticing dizziness and a lot of pain in my cheeks and lots and lots of nasal discharge very soon I realized that I had gotten a really bad sinus infection and still suffering with it. Xiidra definitely worked for dry eyes but there is no way I could take it as it caused a severe sinus infection I have been having for a several weeks”

Catherine December 15, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I have been using Xiidra for about two weeks for dry eyes and ocular rosacea. I noticed improvement of how my eyes felt as early as day three. They feel so moist at last!!! I was surprised at first by the stinging upon application, but it’s gotten better. I have no mental taste, no mucous etc and no blurry vision. I split the dosage and use one drop in the morning on each eye, wrap up the dropper and then apply one more drop before bed from same vial. Because of that, I can extend the monthly amount to two months and it seems to be more sensitive on my eyes. So far I am loving it.”

stormydaze1953 · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I haven't taken these Xiidra eye drops long enough (4 days x twice a day) to see any results for my blepharitis but it didn't take me long to realize that these are almost impossible to dispense even 1 drop. I don't know why a medicine that is so expensive is so difficult to use. I give it 1 star on that reason alone.”

Jacob December 11, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “It is a worthless product and appears to be a scam. There is not enough solution to get two good drops and the vials are nearly empty. It was a mistake to buy and pay a load of money for the useless product. Please don't buy it most likely will not help you”

nice guy December 9, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Xiidra is totally worthless it costs a fortune and most of the ampules are empty! Novartis Customer Service is likewise worthless...and yet they are advertising like no tomorrow with the "dry eye monster." Sad to see yet another scam during this Pandemic.”

Tennessee Gal · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “After giving Xiidra 3 separate tries, I am throwing in the towel. Seems at about day 8 or 9, my throat is absolutely raw..my ears were full like I had a bad sinus infection. Last night was the icing on the cake. So much mucous and swollen throat, it scared me so that I called my family doc and got an antibiotic. Back to the preservative free otc drops..ugh”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Application of product difficult ie leaning head down and pinching top of nose between the eyes for a long period of time... burning and pain continued for at least 20 minutes and blurriness remained for hours after application, and bad taste in back of mouth and throat for long period of time. I continued using as prescribed thinking side effects would disappear but nothing changed or improved after 20 days of use . I discontinued use and contacted my eye doctor.”

Creatress · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 30, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I've been using the Xiidra drop for a few months. I feel like my eyes are worse. In addition my eyelids itch and feel sore and I have continuing blepharitis. I am going to talk with my doctor about stopping.”

Jeff · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I tried Xiidra for dry eyes. My eyesight has gotten very noticeably worse in the month since I've started. I just read the reduction in eyesight acuity is a potential side effect. The metal taste in mouth is tolerable. The slight stinginess upon application on fine. But making my eyesight worse! I'm done with this junk.”

empress · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “New to Xiidra. My eyes are very dry and I get blurred vision, so my eye doctor told me to try Xiidra. After first use my head was throbbing in pain. I still used a few more days and then went off to see if headache went away. They did. I also get sinus pressure and thick throat feeling. I don’t think I can handle the side effects. Also, very expensive. It’s sad that people who have this going on have to pay so much money. ”

Kalia · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used this medication since 2017 when I was diagnosed with dry eye. It took 2 weeks to work and worked wonderfully for 2 years. However, back in September 2019, my tear ducts suddenly became inflamed, my eye was extremely red, irritated, gritty, and produced large amounts of mucus. My doctor thought it was allergies or an infection but it kept reoccurring. I finally stopped taking Xiidra and these symptoms decreased. After a couple of months, I decided to try Xiidra again because my eyes were dry and even after a few weeks, my tear ducts were inflamed, extremely red, irritated with a lot of mucus. This drug USED to work, but decreased its effect over time and made my symptoms worse. I'm not surprised because this drug was not studied for long-term use. It's frustrating.”

Jude · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I have been using Xiidra since Sept 2019 for dry eyes. Also being treated for glaucoma. Since using Xiidra my eye pressure has increased and now facing eye surgery to implant a stent to help reduce eye pressure. I have stopped Xiidra today and will contact my eye surgeon with my suspicion. Another person on this site also commented on a similar experience with increased eye pressure while using Xiidra. Thank goodness for the remarks from the other user.”

S · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I had horrible burning and blurriness. Then I saw the prescription receipt which included, after the drop was in the eye: "Look downward, gently close your eyes, and PLACE ONE FINGER AT THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE (NEAR THE NOSE). APPLY GENTLE PRESSURE FOR 1 TO 2 MINUTES BEFORE OPENING YOUR EYES. THIS WILL PREVENT THE MEDICATION FROM DRAINING OUT..." I think it also prevented the drop from getting into the sensitive inner corner of my eye and stopped my eye from burning. The blurriness resolved quickly also. So glad I can use Xiidra again. I think its really helping me.”

Carl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 10, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “I used this drug for a year because I was told it would help my dry eyes. I used it twice a day regularly. My eyes would burn & water for 30 minutes after each use. After 2 months, I gave up. Then I noticed that my T-shirts all a common white spot, right where I would rub my sore eyes. They looked like I had spot bleached them. And this is what I was putting in my eyes twice a day! Unbelievable! Please do not use this product!”

Peter · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Dry Eye Disease: “Just simply not working at all, wasting time and money( very expensive)”