User Reviews for Xiidra

Learn more about Xiidra.

Dry Eye Disease 53 reviews 123 medications

Summary of Xiidra reviews 53 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "I filled the one free month coupon my eye doctor suggested I try. I used for six days and my eyes became so irritated I stopped. My eyes have been tearing down my face and itching now for Five Days. Miserable, this the first day they have felt better. Very scary, I thought maybe I had done permanent damage. Trust me, not good."

Horrible Experience (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I am not able to judge the effective of this medication because it causes me to develop a urinary tract infection. I have tried it 3 times and developed the problem after each one."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been dealing with dry eyes for almost two years, with excessive tearing which was getting worse and worse. I was getting depressed thinking that I would have to carry a tissue with me forever. But then I heard about Xiidra - and everything changed. I started using it at the end of January of this year, and now 3 1/2 months later I no longer have any tearing at all. It happened gradually until one day I realized I hadn't dabbed at my eyes with a tissue for the entire day. I am SO happy that this product is on the market!"

TAW55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been experiencing the dry eye & red eye problems for about 2yrs. I finally this year decided to go to a real eye specialist. They called in a prescription for Xiidra using a 90 day free coupon (happy) without using my health insurance as they would not cover it. I'm glad to try something else besides clear eyes and or artificial drops. I use to where contacts for about 15 years and had to stop because of the dry eye problems. Anyway I have been using Xiidra now for about 1 month and I must say the results is good. The only side effects I'm having is the bad bitter taste, very light headaches periodically & very mild cough here & there, nothing major. I go back to see my eye specialist in July for a follow up."

Chocgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "At my annual eye appointment my Dr. officially dx dry eye. I used Xiidra for a total of 5 weeks. It began providing relief to my dry eye symptoms within a week of applying 1 drop in each eye daily. It burned on initial use, but within 2 weeks the burning subsided. I did have blurry vision for about 15 minutes, burning, and a bad taste in my mouth. All of these symptoms did not seem that bad. But, I did have a serious reaction that I feel is caused by Xiidra. Within four days I experienced a total vitreous detachment in one eye (floaters) and elevated eye pressures in both eyes. I'm in my 40's and no history of glaucoma. After discontinuing Xiidra- my eye pressure returned to normal within 3 weeks and I've learned to ignore the floaters."

Sue Y. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Xiidra has worked very well. I started doing it only at night. I have started to do it in the morning also. The bad taste last for hours and is now making me nauseous. It works better than my last medication but I feel sick all the time. I am going to go back to once a day and see if it goes away. If it does not then on to something else."

Kak223 May 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I am using Xiidra for due eye to prep my eyes for Lasik. At first it burned but only when my eyes are dry. The aftertaste is terrible for about 10-15 minutes but I understand that only some people have this symptom. I also have nausea, sinusitis, and sometimes headaches. It has improved my eye dryness enough for surgery. The side effects are a downer."

Letta (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "When I first started using it about six months ago I thought it was helpful. But for the past month to six weeks I really suffered from red itchy eyes so I'm going to stop taking it for a while to see if that is the cause."

Mary jaye April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I administered these drops twice a day for 2 days. I experienced the stinging and blurriness and metal taste in mouth, but that went away after about 20 min. On the third day, it left my right eye SO SO blurred. Again, blurriness is a side effect, but it did not go away. I am on day 4 that I can't see out of my right eye. It's extremely blurry, and scary seeing as I've had both my eyes for all my life. The doctor said it's an allergic reaction, and gave me artificial tears to "flush out" the xiidra. Basically it's a waiting game on my vision to come back. I will be in and out of my doctor's office until I get some improvement. I guess just beware and see if there's anything milder to try first."

liopa626 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had an eye test and found that my vision was much worse. While waiting for my new lenses she gave me Xiidra eye drops and a coupon, plus some Systane eye drops that I used just over a month (33 days). After a month of Xiitra/Systane my vision changed drastically. She ran another eye exam and showed me the difference of both exams. My last exam was perfect compared to a month ago which was unrecognizable letters. The best insurance offered my wife as an RN won't cover Xiitra. That's $500+ a month to you and me."

Wyatt2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "This medication worked immediately. I do experience to odd taste, watery vision, and mild cough. I also still have to use eye drops though the day. My vision started to clear and I could see more clearly. Unfortunately, this did not continue to be the case. After 3 months, my eye doctor could see improvement in my eyes. Although, my insurance refused to approve the medication, we decided to continue its use and continue to try to convince my insurance to approve. Two months later, the medication has been approved by my insurance, although they won't pay anything on it until I meet my deductible, (praying that doesn't happen), and the medication no longer seems to be working for me. My vision is again blurry and cloudy."

Aunt Bette April 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used this for 6 months and have seen no improvement. And it feels like flames in my eye."

Lillysnnbre April 9, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I did not like this product at all. The main reason I have difficulty getting any drops to even come out of the tubes. No matter how hard I squeezed no drops even though it showed liquid in the bottom. Yes of course I twisted the top off. At least one whole package was this way. Others was barely enough to get a drop in one eye let alone both eyes. Very frustrating and too expensive for me to ever order any more. I went back to my old drops which I never had any problems with. I am very dissatisfied with this product. I would like my money back although I doubt that will happen."

Anonymous April 8, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used restasis for several years and it worked. My insurance stopped covering it which forced me to switch to xiidra which they do cover. Xiidra doesn't work well and is very gooey. Makes my vision blurry for up to an hour and irritates my sinuses due to the viscouness. I think it's a placebo and a marketing scam. Does not work well. Insurance should stop practicing medicine."

Yuk! April 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "For around a year now I have been battling severe dry eye. I had worn contacts for years and even slept in them sometimes (most likely the cause of my dry eye now) but never had any pain or symptoms. All of a sudden this past summer my vision blurred, my eyes burned, and my fight with dry eye began. I started using Xiidra at the end of February and I have definitely noticed some improvements. My vision isn't blurry all the time as it used to be and I can actually tolerate wearing contacts again. My eyes still burn quite a bit but I'm hoping with continued use, this medicine will help. The only bad side effect I've experienced is a terrible taste in my mouth that can sometimes last for hours, but it's worth it in my opinion."

My Experience with Xiidra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had no initial problems with Xiidra. No burning or bad taste. It seemed to be working well. I had temporary blurred vision for awhile after using the drops. Then, after using Xiidra for two weeks, one morning the blurred vision didn't clear. I could not see to read. It was terrifying. Two optometrists, an MD and an Opthamologist could not find a cause. I immediately stopped using Xiidra. My vision has slowly returned, and is now normal. Please report side effects to the FDA. I believe Xiidra has the potential for much more serious side effects than have been reported."

Beware of Xiidra April 1, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Initial 12 days were awesome. My eyes felt completely back to normal. I did have the forewarned burning sensation and metallic taste in mouth when administering the drops. However so worth it for the improvement in my vision. I have now been using Xiidra for 4 weeks and the effectiveness seems to be going down. I have had multiple bad vision days and had to use refresh drops all day long. I have also in the last few days starting having an itching sensation in the inter corners of my eyes. I go back to the Dr tomorrow, hoping Xiidra continues to work but skeptical. Also I will not be able to continue if the cost is $400+ per month."

No Tears in VA (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Does not help dry eye - which is severe. Restasis did not either - but did not hurt as much on application. Vial very hard for old hands to squeeze so have to hold it with opening facing down and give quick jerk to get a drop out and often a drop gets wasted. You are way too stingy with amount of medicine inside vial and should use better quality plastic. I hoped so much that this xidra would help, have given it many chances when eyes extra bad, no improvement noticed. Probably will not try again - was given first month free. Thankyou. Delivery needs to be made user friendly."

watani March 19, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Headache. Not gone away. Stomach problems. Bad taste in mouth never went away"

Debbie shingetts (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using Xiidra for over 3 weeks I'm experiencing constant tearing and sticky discharge from just my left eye. Everyday I'm wiping my eye all day long. And it becomes itchy. I couldn't take it anymore and stopped. I have been back to using refresh tears but still experiencing the tearing and discharge. I thought these drops were going to be a miracle. But instead very disappointing!! Luckily I had samples before wasting my money!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been taking this drug for a few weeks now. I posted before this drug was a miracle after severe eye issues including blindness/corneal transplant. This drug is really working well. One of the side effects for me is its curbing my food cravings . I know it sound crazy but I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks. There is a slight burning in my throat and it slightly numbs my taste buds for few hours. I had lapband surgery and lost 60 pounds but was stuck between 250-260 for last two years. I started taking these drops and I'm suddenly starting to lose and I just have absolutely no cravings for sugar or sweets. At first I didn't even think it could possibly be these eye drops but I have no other logical explanation."

Patrick. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I only used this medication twice. I understand that you usually need to use medication for an extended amount of time to get the full results of it, but I am not able to function with the effects of just two days. I can handle the bad taste. Yes, it is bad, but that can be dealt with. However, after using it I immediately began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. There was a pressure in my head and I felt nauseous. Every time I turned my head, I would feel very disoriented and lightheaded again. I am physically tough and can handle pain and discomfort, but there is no way I can function and work with these conditions. The more reviews I read the more I realize there seems to be way to many dangers than advantages to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "As I have gotten older my eyes have become quite irritated due to dry eyes. Usually they get very itchy and they burn a lot, and I have to scratch them a lot, which is not good for the eyes. I went to the optometrist and he prescribed me Systane which is OTC eye drops. I used them for about a year. They provide good temporary relief and were good for the short term, but they were never a permanent solution, and they made my eyes burn a lot, I saw mediocre result with them. I then went to the eye doctor and he prescribed me Xiidra. He gave me a coupon, so the first month would be free. I noticed immediate results. The side effects were bad taste in mouth and blurry vision, but rarely do my eyes burn with them. My eyes look better also."

admp (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had to stop taking this drug primarily because it just messed up my sinus' and burnt where I have plugs in. Made the situation worse not better. I don't think this drop should be used with punctal plugs..."

PoCap (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been on Restasis for several years and have done well on it. My insurer stopped covering Restasis this year, but covers Xiidra. I'm not sure why since they're priced similarly. Restasis is actually a better value because it has .4 ml in every vial (I can stretch out a 90-day supply to 180 days) vs. Xiidra's .2 ml. I decided to try Xiidra. Right away, my eyes burned and itched and are extremely red. I've only been on it for 5 days. I don't know how long I can tolerate the Xiidra. I don't know if I should discontinue using the drops because I suspect I might be allergic to them, or will these side effects subside?"

Soccer Mom3 March 10, 2017