User Reviews for Xiidra

Dry Eye Disease
4.2

Summary of Xiidra reviews 4.8 108 reviews

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using this for 1.5 months. I recently used two vials in 1 eye because I felt extra dry and it has been 3 full days now of constant eye watering in 1 eye. It has gotten so bad that the skin under and around my eye has become red and tender, so painful. I can’t get my eye to stop watering and I am miserable. Has this happened to anyone else?"

Bubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Xiidra is the worst experience EVER. They make you go through a separate customer service company. Then have you join some "ask iiris" thing. After 17 phone calls to "ask iiris" or Xiidra marketing. 4 trips to the pharmacy and two calls to my optomologist I’ll finish after sample. The medicine burns your eyes and my vision seems worse than before."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I faithfully used this for 3 weeks I also drank my water, took omega 3 and used my warm compresses every night. No improvement. Burns when applied, crusty eyes in am and became even more light sensitive. I’m at my wits end. Any other suggestions??? Please!!!!"

DL (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I too have experienced the bad taste and for that reason I only use it at night and drink water after administering it. My biggest problem, and I'm noticing it more lately are the bags under my eyes. Looking back at pics before I started this drug, I had absolutely no puffiness under my eyes. My left is worse than the right. I have been taking the drops faithfully since March of 2018. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just genetic and coincidentally just showing up in the last four to five months. I'd appreciate feedback if anyone else has experienced this. The eye drops have made a difference, my eyes are no longer red but clear and white now. I'd be interested to hear. Thanks"

Nettie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I had been using Restasis for dry eye for several years and then my insurance decided not to cover Restasis. The insurance company recommended Xiidra and my doctor prescribed it. I had no problems with Restasis and it worked well for me. Now, after using Xiidra for two months, my vision is extremely blurry for at least an hour after using it and sometimes the sides of my eyes get a bit crusty. I do not recommend Xiidra if another medication is available. It is really an inconvenience to use Xiidra."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Last night for the first time I used a drop or Xiidra in each eye and around midnight I was having a severe headache and a bit of dizziness. I was very ill feeling this morning and took medication to relieve it and really took a long time to start to feel near normal. It had to be the Xiidra since even with occasional migraines, nothing I have taken has ever made me feel this sick."

Pat (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Wow, this is not the medication for me. I was given some samples to try it out. It has only made my eyes more red and irritated, the burning is almost unbearable. And my insurance doesn't cover it, so I can't justify the $600 out of pocket for a medication that has only made my condition worse. My doctor switched me to Restasis after I finished my Xiidra samples. Huge improvement with Restasis. No burning, no redness, and no where near the irritation I had with the Xiidra. I still have to use my gel tears as Restasis takes longer to kick in than Xiidra, but at least I don't have those side effects to deal with anymore."

Lilshaedy (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I was recently prescribed this medication for severe dry eyes. Within 5 days of use my eyes are totally bright red, blurry & burning all day long... no relief. I initially planned to use it for 2 weeks, but I will call my doctor tomorrow & request something different! I can’t tolerate this medication even for one week!!"

Barb January 30, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Fabulous. Worked within days. Burning is negligible. A little blurriness after putting in drops. I read on the label - if you press the sides of your nose after putting in drops, the stuff will NOT drip back into your throat and you will NOT have bad taste. The only drag is the price."

Bird (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "A few days after using xiidra I developed diarrhea and now I have acid reflux and a very dry sore throat that has not gone away. It has been 6 weeks since I stopped using it and my food is still coming out just like it went in. I’m seeing a Dr trying to get some answers. Would not recommend xiidra to anyone."

Lady Bug (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Horrible painful waste of time. No improvement to my severe dry eye"

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using xiidra for over a year because it does help. Yes it still burns sometimes but it is bearable. The side effect I most suffer from is blurred vision. Not just for a while after applying but all the time. I have had exams and consults with both ophthalmologists and optometrists. There seems to be no solution. I stopped using xiidra and the blurry vision went away but the dry burning irritation returned very fast. So I'm at a loss at his point. Do I pay another $600. or become a slave to lubricants and opcon A, which I sometimes use along with xiidra for redness and itchiness."

Dee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 17, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "The doctor gave my wife this medicine and she went to get it thru Medicare, twice a day 4 drops x 30 days at $ 550 per month. The price works out as $836,000 a gallon I don’t know of anything that cost that much, that’s 4 times the cost of 9 lbs of gold , water is about 8.7 lbs per gallon"

Bobr January 10, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I’m not going to lie, the side effects of Xiidra can be quite unpleasant, but the overall result so far has been great. I have been suffering from dry eye for awhile now and I would put in 6 vials of lubricant in each eye and it was still ineffective, now I don’t really even have to think about other eye drops. The initial burning and bad taste will go away after continued use, you just have to be patient and keep toughing it out and you will likely see improvement within a month. Remember not to skip doses, the burning will return. Overall, I would recommend Xiidra."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I used this for 2 weeks as prescribed. I got the burning and bad taste, however, the worst for me was the headache every time I used it. I did not notice a difference in my dry eye either. I would not recommend this."

cf (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "After surgeries and years trying to control my tearing, it only took Xiidra less than two weeks to control my excessive tearing caused by my diagnosis of wet & dry eyes. I couldn't be more pleased with the effectiveness....only issue is the cost."

Kitty Kat (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "These drops are much better than Restasis. Yes, there can be an after taste and burning; however, if you use them religiously twice per day, your dry eyes will have a marked improvement in dryness. My eyes feel much better than they've felt in years!"

Shirley (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The only reason I was prescribed Xiidra was because my insurance changed and my new insurance wouldn't cover Restasis, which worked well. Xiidra was the only approved option. I tried this drug for THREE MONTHS hoping my eyes would adjust. These drops hurt every single time - burned, turned red, and hurt. Never again."

Don'tLikeXiidra (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I didn't use this as regularly as I should at first because my vision was blurry for at least 30 minutes after I put the drops in my eye. I decided to use them religiously at night right before I went to sleep. I noticed no difference the first two weeks. Starting the third week, I woke up with my eyes so crusty I could hardly open them. I had to cover my eyes with a hot cloth to clean them. This happened four mornings in a row. I stopped using the drops, and it immediately went away. I really wish I could find something to help, but this most definitely is not it. No wonder the manufacturer is practically giving it away."

kallie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Horrible drug. I used it for nine months with all the problems it caused other users. I now may have melanoma in my left eye nevia. I will find out for sure about the cancer in two months. Since this is rare, I am thinking it may be due to using Xiidra. It seems to have a lot of terrible side affects. Doctors should stop suggesting it for their patients."

Evie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "For a coupe of years I suffered with dry eye. it was to the point where I was waking up with my lids glued to my eyeballs adding copious drops in the hope that it would help lube the eyes without damaging my corneas in trying to open them. I tried plugs but they were expensive and not covered by insurance. They would help a bit but not completely. My doctor recommended trying Xiidra when it first hit the market. I tried it for two months. I had one $10 month promo plus I had met my deductible a month before the plan rolled over so I was able to obtain a second script free. After that the cost was too high so I had to quit. During the time I took it the results were remarkable. My dry eye problems disappeared a month after starting and the effects lasted a long time after I finished the prescription. I have been back on it for a couple of months now and it does help though not as much as before."

SuzyBlue November 7, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "The eye dr had me take Xiidra. I took it for a week using it in each eye. My eyes were watering so much with dry eyes. Then the drops started stinging my eyes so bad and my vision was so blurry. I decided to stop using the drops."

St (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "After YEARS of intense eye pain, I had tried everything, including two surgeries. Am I crazy about the burning? No. I do get the bad taste in my mouth after a bit, but it is better than the eye pain. I really had no choice. I can now go to the movies, and I seldom use any other eye drops - I probably should, but I actually forget that I need to. Not perfect, but it is the best that I have been in years."

Dee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "Xiidra burns so much but seem to work starting 7 days later. 2 months using it I began having tear duct pain sudden sharp eye pain. When I began my 3rd month I was tearing profusely non stop as well and irritation and eye pain. I stopped using it. It took 1.5 months to stop over tearing. Now I have worse dryness scratchiness pain blurred vision. I can't stand what has happened to my eyes due to the use of xiidra. I don't recommend it"

Abby T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease "I started using Xiidra 2 months ago. My doctor instructed me to apply the drops in the morning and at night, which I did. My initial experience was not good - the immediate BURNING, redness, and watering when the drops hit my eyes, crusty eyes in the morning, and the horrible taste in my throat. After a week of these unpleasant side effects, I contacted my doctor’s office and was informed that the side effects would only last up to 3 weeks and then they would go away. I pushed through the pain and after 3 weeks, the burning, redness and watering ceased, the eye mucus was much improved, and the bad taste was milder and occurred only occasionally. This I can handle! Please note that the eye irritation will return if you do not continue taking the drops twice a day."

Mo (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018