User Reviews for Xiidra

Learn more about Xiidra.

Dry Eye Disease 7 reviews 123 medications

Summary of Xiidra reviews 7 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "I took advantage of their promotion offering the first prescription free. However, since Medicare doesn't cover this medication, subsequent refills will cost me $450 a month. This is a very expensive medication that I simply can't afford, and will likely have to do without. Consumer tip. Medication comes in single dose containers, and instructions suggest you discard them. But if you're careful, you can actually get two doses from each container."

RCCrich November 29, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "I used xiidra for approximately 3 weeks prescribed for dry eye disease. The terrible taste it left in my throat was bearable but I must say that it has significantly increased tearing. It is so bad that I have returned to the eye doctor to obtain medication for itchy constant tearing eyes. Two days after beginning prescription Prednisolone AC 1% I am finally getting relief from the itching eyes. The tearing continues to effect my quality of life. I'm extremely disappointed that I was not informed of this possibility by my eye doctor. In this day and time we must all be our own advocate for any negative side effects because some physicians fail to inform their patients. Please beware of the side effects of Xiidra!!!!!!"

Twiggy123 November 26, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "I'm appreciative of an option other Restasis. However, the bitter taste, chronic headache, tightness in chest and cough are very frustrating. It's almost like I have asthma. Would love thoughts on this. I'm now having to use cough medicine to go to sleep."

KS User (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "I have severe dry eye. I was using punctal plugs and Restasis and getting about 75% relief. My insurance quit paying for both and said they would pay for one or the other. I have been suffering for over a year now with just punctal plugs until my eye doctor suggested Xiidra. Believe it or not, the insurance authorized it (even though the cost is the same as Restasis...go figure). I have been on it for about three weeks now and am getting pretty good relief. The only thing I don't like is the bad taste I get in the back of my throat from it. I keep hoping this will go away, but it hasn't yet. I would say that it works better than Restasis and much faster, too! I would recommend that anyone with dry eye give Xiidra a try."

Snkeptz (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "Have been on Xiidra for 5 weeks and it has not worked for me. The first 4 days were tough with moderate burning ( not as bad as Restasis) and eyes were blurry for approximately 20 min. These side effects decreased with time, but there was no improvement in my eyes. I feel like this is very similar to my experience with Restasis ....I wasted a lot of time and money on something that was totally ineffective."

Nub October 26, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using this medication for the past seven days. I have felt nauseous for most of that time plus a constant headache, plus my eyes are red all day. I think I will go back to my over the counter eye drops."

Jjy October 16, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease "First my Dr had me on Restasis, and after 2 months, it really did nothing for me! Now, the doc prescribed Xiidra! I've been using it for about 6 weeks, and it does seem to be working! I do have a huge problem, though! I'm assuming it is mostly older people using your drops? Why have the medication, in such a hard plastic container, that a senior citizen with Arthritic Hands, cannot open your packaging, or squeeze the eye drop dispenser, easily? Hopefully, someone at Shine, will take the time to read this, and answer me? Thank you!"

Grammajudyb October 5, 2016