User Reviews for Xiidra

Dry Eye Disease 45 reviews 123 medications

5.1
Summary of Xiidra reviews 45 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "I administered these drops twice a day for 2 days. I experienced the stinging and blurriness and metal taste in mouth, but that went away after about 20 min. On the third day, it left my right eye SO SO blurred. Again, blurriness is a side effect, but it did not go away. I am on day 4 that I can't see out of my right eye. It's extremely blurry, and scary seeing as I've had both my eyes for all my life. The doctor said it's an allergic reaction, and gave me artificial tears to "flush out" the xiidra. Basically it's a waiting game on my vision to come back. I will be in and out of my doctor's office until I get some improvement. I guess just beware and see if there's anything milder to try first."

liopa626 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had an eye test and found that my vision was much worse. While waiting for my new lenses she gave me Xiidra eye drops and a coupon, plus some Systane eye drops that I used just over a month (33 days). After a month of Xiitra/Systane my vision changed drastically. She ran another eye exam and showed me the difference of both exams. My last exam was perfect compared to a month ago which was unrecognizable letters. The best insurance offered my wife as an RN won't cover Xiitra. That's $500+ a month to you and me."

Wyatt2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "This medication worked immediately. I do experience to odd taste, watery vision, and mild cough. I also still have to use eye drops though the day. My vision started to clear and I could see more clearly. Unfortunately, this did not continue to be the case. After 3 months, my eye doctor could see improvement in my eyes. Although, my insurance refused to approve the medication, we decided to continue its use and continue to try to convince my insurance to approve. Two months later, the medication has been approved by my insurance, although they won't pay anything on it until I meet my deductible, (praying that doesn't happen), and the medication no longer seems to be working for me. My vision is again blurry and cloudy."

Aunt Bette April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used this for 6 months and have seen no improvement. And it feels like flames in my eye."

Lillysnnbre April 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I did not like this product at all. The main reason I have difficulty getting any drops to even come out of the tubes. No matter how hard I squeezed no drops even though it showed liquid in the bottom. Yes of course I twisted the top off. At least one whole package was this way. Others was barely enough to get a drop in one eye let alone both eyes. Very frustrating and too expensive for me to ever order any more. I went back to my old drops which I never had any problems with. I am very dissatisfied with this product. I would like my money back although I doubt that will happen."

Anonymous April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used restasis for several years and it worked. My insurance stopped covering it which forced me to switch to xiidra which they do cover. Xiidra doesn't work well and is very gooey. Makes my vision blurry for up to an hour and irritates my sinuses due to the viscouness. I think it's a placebo and a marketing scam. Does not work well. Insurance should stop practicing medicine."

Yuk! April 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "For around a year now I have been battling severe dry eye. I had worn contacts for years and even slept in them sometimes (most likely the cause of my dry eye now) but never had any pain or symptoms. All of a sudden this past summer my vision blurred, my eyes burned, and my fight with dry eye began. I started using Xiidra at the end of February and I have definitely noticed some improvements. My vision isn't blurry all the time as it used to be and I can actually tolerate wearing contacts again. My eyes still burn quite a bit but I'm hoping with continued use, this medicine will help. The only bad side effect I've experienced is a terrible taste in my mouth that can sometimes last for hours, but it's worth it in my opinion."

My Experience with Xiidra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had no initial problems with Xiidra. No burning or bad taste. It seemed to be working well. I had temporary blurred vision for awhile after using the drops. Then, after using Xiidra for two weeks, one morning the blurred vision didn't clear. I could not see to read. It was terrifying. Two optometrists, an MD and an Opthamologist could not find a cause. I immediately stopped using Xiidra. My vision has slowly returned, and is now normal. Please report side effects to the FDA. I believe Xiidra has the potential for much more serious side effects than have been reported."

Beware of Xiidra April 1, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Initial 12 days were awesome. My eyes felt completely back to normal. I did have the forewarned burning sensation and metallic taste in mouth when administering the drops. However so worth it for the improvement in my vision. I have now been using Xiidra for 4 weeks and the effectiveness seems to be going down. I have had multiple bad vision days and had to use refresh drops all day long. I have also in the last few days starting having an itching sensation in the inter corners of my eyes. I go back to the Dr tomorrow, hoping Xiidra continues to work but skeptical. Also I will not be able to continue if the cost is $400+ per month."

No Tears in VA (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Does not help dry eye - which is severe. Restasis did not either - but did not hurt as much on application. Vial very hard for old hands to squeeze so have to hold it with opening facing down and give quick jerk to get a drop out and often a drop gets wasted. You are way too stingy with amount of medicine inside vial and should use better quality plastic. I hoped so much that this xidra would help, have given it many chances when eyes extra bad, no improvement noticed. Probably will not try again - was given first month free. Thankyou. Delivery needs to be made user friendly."

watani March 19, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Headache. Not gone away. Stomach problems. Bad taste in mouth never went away"

Debbie shingetts (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using Xiidra for over 3 weeks I'm experiencing constant tearing and sticky discharge from just my left eye. Everyday I'm wiping my eye all day long. And it becomes itchy. I couldn't take it anymore and stopped. I have been back to using refresh tears but still experiencing the tearing and discharge. I thought these drops were going to be a miracle. But instead very disappointing!! Luckily I had samples before wasting my money!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been taking this drug for a few weeks now. I posted before this drug was a miracle after severe eye issues including blindness/corneal transplant. This drug is really working well. One of the side effects for me is its curbing my food cravings . I know it sound crazy but I have lost 7 pounds in two weeks. There is a slight burning in my throat and it slightly numbs my taste buds for few hours. I had lapband surgery and lost 60 pounds but was stuck between 250-260 for last two years. I started taking these drops and I'm suddenly starting to lose and I just have absolutely no cravings for sugar or sweets. At first I didn't even think it could possibly be these eye drops but I have no other logical explanation."

Patrick. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I only used this medication twice. I understand that you usually need to use medication for an extended amount of time to get the full results of it, but I am not able to function with the effects of just two days. I can handle the bad taste. Yes, it is bad, but that can be dealt with. However, after using it I immediately began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. There was a pressure in my head and I felt nauseous. Every time I turned my head, I would feel very disoriented and lightheaded again. I am physically tough and can handle pain and discomfort, but there is no way I can function and work with these conditions. The more reviews I read the more I realize there seems to be way to many dangers than advantages to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "As I have gotten older my eyes have become quite irritated due to dry eyes. Usually they get very itchy and they burn a lot, and I have to scratch them a lot, which is not good for the eyes. I went to the optometrist and he prescribed me Systane which is OTC eye drops. I used them for about a year. They provide good temporary relief and were good for the short term, but they were never a permanent solution, and they made my eyes burn a lot, I saw mediocre result with them. I then went to the eye doctor and he prescribed me Xiidra. He gave me a coupon, so the first month would be free. I noticed immediate results. The side effects were bad taste in mouth and blurry vision, but rarely do my eyes burn with them. My eyes look better also."

admp (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I had to stop taking this drug primarily because it just messed up my sinus' and burnt where I have plugs in. Made the situation worse not better. I don't think this drop should be used with punctal plugs..."

PoCap (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been on Restasis for several years and have done well on it. My insurer stopped covering Restasis this year, but covers Xiidra. I'm not sure why since they're priced similarly. Restasis is actually a better value because it has .4 ml in every vial (I can stretch out a 90-day supply to 180 days) vs. Xiidra's .2 ml. I decided to try Xiidra. Right away, my eyes burned and itched and are extremely red. I've only been on it for 5 days. I don't know how long I can tolerate the Xiidra. I don't know if I should discontinue using the drops because I suspect I might be allergic to them, or will these side effects subside?"

Soccer Mom3 March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Love the medication itself BUT the plastic is too hard to satisfactorily press to get two or even sometimes one drop to release. I hope they address this immediately because the cost of the medication Vs the questionable ability to apply is making me rethink using it."

Kagb (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "Have been using Xiidra for 6 weeks and have noticed a marked improvement in my eyes. I have blepharitis and meibomian. I also wear gas perm contacts and was down to being able to wear them for 2 hours a day and now up to 10 hours. Still using warm compresses and lid scrubs but since using xiidra I have noticed a marked improvement in tear production and eye oil production. Stinging has decreased to a few seconds and bad taste lasts only a minute or less. Cloudy vision can last 5 to 10 minutes...sometimes none present."

Seabrat (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I used Xiidra for about 5 weeks. Half the time I only used it once a day. I experienced the blurry vision which for me lasts about 20 minutes. I also had the bad taste - bitter is more like it. That lasts about 10 minutes. I hoped it would help but I have not experienced any change in my dry eyes. So, if you are the are helping you in a dramatic way, then you are one of the lucky ones. It seems to be hit or miss depending on who knows what."

sense2k (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been on this for 6 days and I think this may be the miracle drug I was waiting for. I have had numerous eye surgeries, including corneal transplant after blindness. I have had severe dry eyes since my botched lasik procedure in 2001. I have had plugs, miboflow, lipoflow, restasis, night ointment hot compass treatments everyday for 15 years. Everything has helped slightly at least manage my severe dry eye pain. However, just taking this drug for a few days seems to be life changing so far. I even stopped taking vicoden for last two days. I have taking at least two vicoden pills everyday for the past 15 years for eye pain. My eyes feel so good and my eye lids feel not inflamed for the first time I can remember. I pray this will last."

Patrick524 March 3, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using Xiidra for about a month for chronic dry eye disease and chronic keratocojunctivitis. I also use a steroid twice a day. The burning sensation when I first started using this has gone. I still get a little blurry vision after using, it lasts about 10 minutes, I still get the weird taste it also lasts about 10 minutes. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results I've had so far."

BHEW (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been on this about two months now. It's been a lifesaver. I'm almost a normal person again. Some thoughts: For me, the burning, stickiness, and occasional headaches went away after a while. The bitter throat taste is still there. And in the interested of full disclosure, some days it seems to give me some sinusitis. Another downside is that I can now stare at screens for way too long, so my arthritis in hands and wrists is coming back. (I can even play video games again.) I had straightforward MGD/waxy oils. To the best of my knowledge I have no complicating factors like sjogrens, other immune issues, etc. I've never had eye surgery. I also don't think I have the demodex problem some people do (none of the symtoms of that)."

Yep, worked February 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "This drug has been an absolute life-saver! In fact, I had punctual plugs in before this and about 2-3 weeks in to starting this full time they actually worked TOO WELL, and my eyes were severely watering without the ability to drain. My doctor took the plugs out and that provided some relief but now I'm only taking one drop daily, followed by two drops on alternating days and it seems to be the right amount. This was initially making my eyes feel really goopy but after a month or so on it that's gone away (could've been the plugs causing this to a certain degree). My eyes have never been whiter and less irritated/burning sensation that plagued me before! I also took Restasis but would hands down suggest Xiidra if you're impatient!!"

zjuv006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been in this medicine for five days and my eyes are NORMAL again!! I have severe dry eye and constant tearing...this has been going on for years but for the past two months it's been constant and unbearable. I am so grateful for this medicine! I got my first dose for free...my insurance doesn't cover it..$487 full price. The company that makes Xiidra contacted my insurance company and my eye doctor...waiting to hear if they'll deem it medically necessary....which it is....then they may add it for me. The savings card will give a discount for a year as well...waiting to hear from them as to how much it will cost with that. The only side effect I have is a bitter taste in the back of my mouth for 15-30 min after using it. Worth it!!!"

Ksrasra February 13, 2017