User Reviews for Xiidra

Dry Eye Disease
4.1

Summary of Xiidra reviews 4.7 128 reviews

Reviews for Xiidra

For Dry Eye Disease "Beware! I spent $300 on a month’s supply of Xiidra and I have had the worst side effects—burning eyes, metallic taste in my mouth, nasal drip tasting the medicine, and worst of all, nausea. I don’t understand how this drug was approved for use. I tried it every 12 hours for 8 days with no relief, only bad side effects. We should have a class action suit to at least get our money back for such a terrible drug!"

Julie (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I tried Xiidra at the suggestion of my eye doctor for my chronic dry eyes. I had been using Restasis for a few years, and my eyes sometimes felt really dry still, so we decided to try Xiidra. Well, I have stopped using it and have gone back to Restasis. Xiidra burned my eyes so much I had to put cold compresses on my eyes to get them to feel better. The Xiidra made my eyes soooo red and made my throat feel scratchy. No more Xiidra for me, ever."

Conzaga (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I've been using Xiidra for a full 30 days now, and I seem to notice a difference. My eyes were so terrible that I couldn't read at night, which is my favorite thing. They hurt so bad that I could only stand about 15 minutes. I haven't noticed that problem anymore. I use the drops in the morning and at night. The only side effects I've experienced are the blurry, itchy eyes right after insertion (this only lasts for about 10 minutes) and the awful taste in my mouth. It's kind of like when I use nasal spray and it drains down the back of my throat. To me it's well worth it. The only time I've experienced pain is when I forgot to take them one night and was about 6 hours late on my dosage."

Kerry (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I was having such a hard time with dry eyes that I went to my eye doctor, and she prescribed Xiidra. After some back-and-forth with my insurance company, they finally covered it, although the copay is still so high I'm not sure I can afford it. In the meantime, the doctor gave me quite a few samples, so I started using it. It seemed to help my eyes, but the skin around my eyes became so inflamed and swollen and crusty that I actually missed work one day. I stopped using it for a few days and then tried again and the same thing happened. Putting A&D Ointment on the skin around my eyes seems to help some, as does wiping the skin around my eyes immediately with a tissue after use. I'm not sure how I feel about using this product regularly. Do I have to choose between dry eyes and my appearance? I may just continue to use OTC drops."

Karen (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Have been using Xiidra for two months. I noticed a difference after the first day. It can sting a little at first and my vision is a little blurry for about 10 minutes after putting in the drops. I get no metallic taste or other side effects. It works extremely well for me. I’m on a plan through Xiidra where they pay all my co-pay except for $5. A three month supply cost me $15."

Mark (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "After using Xiidra for 6 months, dealing with the pain of application, I finally realized it was causing significant digestive issues, sore throat and TASTE BUDS ruination. The final side effect was hair loss, coming out in 20-25 strands at a time, in the 4th month. Stopped using them and had digestive relief within a few weeks, constant sore throat has improved, my hair is no longer falling out, but my TASTE BUDS, NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER. Initially helped dry eye 50% which decreased even with eye plugs. Realized when I stopped using it how damaging these 'innocuous' eye drops have been to my system. I AM SO SORRY I EVER PUT THIS POISON IN MY EYES - HOW COULD I HAVE EVER RISKED IT ?????"

kaizer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "After cataract surgery, my eye Dr said I had dry eyes, although the only indication was that my vision wasn’t as clear as I’d like. So he prescribed Xiidra. The first month or so I just put drops in once a day and then after my next visit, the dose was changed to twice a day, plus over the counter drops during the day. It caused a bad taste, but that I could handle, so I continued using the Xiidra. The taste got to be more metal tasting and my mouth began to feel raw inside. I happened to have an oral surgeon appointment and mentioned it to him. When checking my tooth, he told me I had sores all over in my mouth. I checked with my pharmacist to see if she had heard of this side effect, she hadn’t. My mouth is so sore, and even after trying a special “magic mouthwash “.....which seemed to work, at first, I think I need to stop the Xiidra drops!"

Nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I wouldn’t even give Xiidra a 1, it should not be on the market. I tried it, and my eyes have not been the same. It’s as though I was poked in the eye and then sand was thrown in my eyes. I’ve been putting natural tears in every 20 minutes, still no relief. Up all night, very uncomfortable. I’m just hoping they heal soon. Restasis did the same thing. Horrible, don’t put this in your eyes... PS...This was the first time I used this and the last..."

EL (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "The Xiidra drops were great! I was having such an issue with my dry eyes, due to Sjogrens, and finally found something that helped me. I apparently qualified for their free month, and $10.00 a month co-pay and said to my husband it was too good to be true. Low and behold a few months in, my payment went up to $280.00 a month and I dropped them! I will not pay that kind of money for eye drops. It would cost me less if I had ocular plugs put in once a month. So I've moved away from it and systane complete and ultra help me all day every day."

Unknown (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I had been given a 2 week trial of Xiidra and it was working well with no side effects - then on week 5 after spending $500 on the drops I suddenly began having excessive streaming tearing of left eye. After 3 days of this, severe pain started in tear duct and deep into the bones under my eye. Immediately stopped using Xiidra and still no relief from the pain although using Alaway drops did help some with tearing. Going to see doctor tomorrow for possible antibiotics - can't stand this pain."

Naturenan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "My doctor said it was working but I feel my eyes are worse. I stopped for three months because I didn't have $600 to buy it. I started again 2 weeks ago. My vision is worse and my eyes hurt. Couldn't see the golf ball 75 yards out. Burns for 5 minutes when applying."

Da (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Horrible! Xiidra causes itching around the eye and the burning of the eye is ridiculous! If it eats my skin raw around my eye what is it doing to my eye itself?? It’s amazing how companies can put out such awful drugs. I should just mix something up myself an sell it !!!"

Kel (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using Xiidra for severe dry eye (MGD) and it has been a blessing as I am able to see again! My vision was restored. After 4 months using drops 2 times a day my eyes will not stop tearing. I can barely function with the amount of watering my eyes do throughout the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Happy to have my vision stabilized but going crazy with the tearing."

Maggs (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using Xiidra for 6 months. It is very effective for my dry eyes. But if the medicine over flows out from my eye it irritates the skin around my eyes. Red, puffy, like a big allergic reaction. So before I use the Xiidra, I put Aquaphor on the skin around my eyes. That solves the problem."

Pianolady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I actually noticed a positive difference almost immediately and some relief from dry eye, but after only two weeks of taking it I also developed pressure and pain in my ears and a level of nasal congestion that I’ve only ever had with a severe cold and I do not have a cold. My ENT said that he sees this sometimes in patients who take Xiidra. I am discontinuing use. I just wish I could get my $500 back."

Jessica (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using Xiidra for longer than I want. Every time I use it I get mucus discharge. I am changing my opthamologist due to this. I need to get more options on how to cure my dry eye."

Pocono22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Don’t use Xiidra for dry eye. I first thought it was me thinking I drank or ate something that made my eyes and face swell up leaving irrigation redness inside the eye and outside. After trying it 3 times, it did the same thing over again. I’m glad I got samples before spending the money for more. I also think my insurance doesn’t cover the medication, since HEB hadn’t called me back yet."

Mema (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I just started Xiidra due to insurance not paying for Restasis. I am having some minor side effects (sinusitis, taste in mouth, blurring, crusty) but I assume these will go away in time. I simply cannot get that hard plastic dropper to work. It is awful. I cannot believe you would create such a difficult mechanism for elderly folks. I have a tremor and arthritis so tilting head, etc simply doesn't work. Whatever happened to regular eye drop containers?"

843Drugscom (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I used Xiidra for 3 days and I couldn’t take it anymore. It felt like my eyes had chemical burn and 6 days later my eyes still aren’t back to normal. Dry, red scratchy. Getting slowly better."

Birdie18 March 30, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Used it for a week or so and got infected tear ducts. Stopped using it, required antibiotics, tried it again got infected tear ducts again."

Art Vandolay (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I have been using this for 1.5 months. I recently used two vials in 1 eye because I felt extra dry and it has been 3 full days now of constant eye watering in 1 eye. It has gotten so bad that the skin under and around my eye has become red and tender, so painful. I can’t get my eye to stop watering and I am miserable. Has this happened to anyone else?"

Bubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "Xiidra is the worst experience EVER. They make you go through a separate customer service company. Then have you join some "ask iiris" thing. After 17 phone calls to "ask iiris" or Xiidra marketing. 4 trips to the pharmacy and two calls to my optomologist I’ll finish after sample. The medicine burns your eyes and my vision seems worse than before."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I faithfully used this for 3 weeks I also drank my water, took omega 3 and used my warm compresses every night. No improvement. Burns when applied, crusty eyes in am and became even more light sensitive. I’m at my wits end. Any other suggestions??? Please!!!!"

DL (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I too have experienced the bad taste and for that reason I only use it at night and drink water after administering it. My biggest problem, and I'm noticing it more lately are the bags under my eyes. Looking back at pics before I started this drug, I had absolutely no puffiness under my eyes. My left is worse than the right. I have been taking the drops faithfully since March of 2018. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just genetic and coincidentally just showing up in the last four to five months. I'd appreciate feedback if anyone else has experienced this. The eye drops have made a difference, my eyes are no longer red but clear and white now. I'd be interested to hear. Thanks"

Nettie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2019

For Dry Eye Disease "I had been using Restasis for dry eye for several years and then my insurance decided not to cover Restasis. The insurance company recommended Xiidra and my doctor prescribed it. I had no problems with Restasis and it worked well for me. Now, after using Xiidra for two months, my vision is extremely blurry for at least an hour after using it and sometimes the sides of my eyes get a bit crusty. I do not recommend Xiidra if another medication is available. It is really an inconvenience to use Xiidra."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019