Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 2, 2023.
Instill one drop of Xiidra twice daily (approximately 12 hours apart) into each eye using a single-use container. Discard the single-use container immediately after using in each eye.
Contact lenses should be removed prior to the administration of Xiidra and may be reinserted 15 minutes following administration.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Restasis and Xiidra be used together?
- Can Xiidra make dry eyes worse?
- Can Xiidra eye drops cause diarrhea?
- Can Xiidra cause hair loss?
- Can you use Xiidra with punctal plugs?
- How is Xiidra packaged at the pharmacy?
- Does Xiidra cause headaches?
- Does Xiidra have preservatives in it?
- How does Xiidra differ from OTC dry eye treatments?
More about Xiidra (lifitegrast ophthalmic)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (442)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Support group
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: ophthalmic anti-inflammatory agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.