How much is Xiidra without insurance?
Novartis has priced Xiidra (lifitegrast 5%) at $522.21 for a 30-day prescription. Cash prices for medications can vary based on pharmacy, your insurance and deductible, or any discount coupons you may be able to use. Xiidra is an eye drop used for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
If you have commercial insurance, you may be able to lower your copay cost to as low as $5 by requesting the Xiidra iinsider®️ Savings Copay Card. Commercial insurance would be prescription coverage you get from your employer or through the Affordable Care Act.
- Each month, you could save up to $250 of your out-of-pocket costs for a 30-day supply of Xiidra.
- If you get a 90-day supply, your copay may be as low as $15 with a maximum $750 out-of-pocket savings.
- This program is not valid with federal or state insurance programs, such as Medicaid or Medicare.
How does Xiidra work?
Xiidra (lifitegrast) works by blocking a protein on the surface of cells that can cause your eyes to not produce enough tears or produce tears that are not the right consistency. Xiidra is classified as a lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist.
How should I use Xiidra?
Xiidra is used twice a day, about 12 hours apart. You instill one drop in each eye in the morning and one drop in each eye in the evening.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before putting the drops in your eyes. Wait for at least 15 minutes before your contacts back in your eyes. If you have dry eye disease, ask your doctor if you should keep wearing contacts, as this may further aggravate your eyes.
The most common side effects of Xiidra include eye irritation, discomfort or blurred vision when the drops are applied to the eyes, and an unusual taste sensation.
It comes in a carton of 60 single-use containers. Each single-use contains enough medicine for one dose (one drop in each eye).
- Xiidra [package insert]. East Hanover, New Jersey: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 2019. https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/xiidra.pdf
Related medical questions
- Can Restasis and Xiidra be used together?
- Can Xiidra make dry eyes worse?
- Can Xiidra eye drops cause diarrhea?
- Can Xiidra cause hair loss?
- Can you use Xiidra with punctal plugs?
- How is Xiidra packaged at the pharmacy?
- Does Xiidra cause headaches?
- Does Xiidra have preservatives in it?
- How does Xiidra differ from OTC dry eye treatments?
- Can I use other eye drops with Xiidra?
- How long does it take for Xiidra to work?