User Reviews for Monistat

Vaginal Yeast Infection
2.4

Summary of Monistat reviews 2.5 61 reviews

Reviews for Monistat

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Absolutely the most horrible stuff on this planet!!!!! It makes it 1000 times worse than the actual yeast infection itself. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!"

SE (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I put in the 1-day ovule, went to sleep, and woke up 3 hours later because my vagina was on fire! So itchy, and also burning! I've used Monistat several times before and this never happened- I think they must have changed the formula because this stuff is TERRIBLE! Do not use this product!!!!"

W August 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "AWFUL!!!! My doctor wouldn’t see me unless I used this product for a week. Night one taking it and I am in the worst burning pain ever and as I slept the cream even spread to my anal area and burnt!! DO NOT USE!!! I’m in tears from the pain"

G (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I can't believe this can be sold - after inserting the cream into my princess I've been in the most excruciating pain, tried to wash it out but has not helped. This is real torture."

Anne (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have never used it as recommended on the box; I would just put apply just a small amount twice a day with with out the applicator and apply as far in as I could and my infection would usually be gone within a week; it burns really really bad for short period of time but usually goes away within a few minutes. Imagine if I did it with the applicators it would probably turn out a lot worse"

Valib (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am in tremendous pain! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. The cream causes uncomfortable pain, then the night treatment application causes the insides of your vagina to experience a chemical burn that can't be relieved by anything but time and an ice pack."

Shan July 14, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "NEVER again will I use the Monistat cream. I purchased Monistat 3 day and while the ovules didn't bother me at all the cream burned and itched so much worse than my infection. It took me a week or two to realize that it was the cream making it worse so I stopped using for a while and then decided to give it one more try when my infection had gotten slightly better. Nope!! I tossed and turned all night and was still burning and itching in the morning so I ran to the bathroom and wiped off immediately. If this medicine is going to make you itch and burn even more than the yeast infection itself then what is the point ?? Do not buy!"

Abby (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Even though this is only my first time having a yeast Infection due to the soap I was using frequently (now not using), monistat 3 is giving me the worst itching and burning sensation I have ever experienced in the lower lady area. It started to itch and burn as soon as I put in the applicator and medicine and it is 1:27 am and cannot sleep or even think about sleep because of how badly I am itching and burning. I do not recommend this product for anyone and do recommend just going to the doctors for their recommendation for prescription."

—- May 30, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used Monistat 1, 3 and 7, OTC for an assumed yeast infection. I had vaginal burning. Saw Dr. the following week who advised to use more Monistat - the stronger version. Still had burning every time I used it, but followed dr's instructions. Not cleared after another week, and again advised for another week to use Monistat. This burning became non-stop and DESTROYED my vaginal skin. I have had ongoing burning for the past 2 1/2 yrs due to MONISTAT usage. I have sought medical treatment from any/every doctor I can think of and am still left with burned skin and it's the most painful, horrible condition-absolutely caused by some dangerous chemical in Monistat. I have seen so many doctors, tried so many compounded creams, medications to try to soothe the skin & nerve damage, revamped my entire diet, changed detergents, clothing, had biopsies, done acupuncture, physical therapy-I have tried everything to get rid of this horrific burning. It has ruined my every day life."

km May 19, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So, I had a tooth pulled and was given some antibiotics and pain killers....... A few days after taking the antibiotics I noticed some discharge and itching, so right then I knew I was a yeast infection (I recognized it from when I had a few during my pregnancy). So April 28, 2018 (2 days ago) I went and bought Monistat - worst thing I ever did. I used it 45 min ago and OH MY GOODNESS. It felt like I poured straight 100% alcohol in my vagina. It burned very, very badly and itched at the same time. I tried waiting to see if it would pass but after 20 minutes of excruciating pain and torture I hopped in the shower to wash it all out. DON'T USE THIS.."

NeverAgain (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Listen to the reviews. I have never heard of bad reactions on this. It was my first time trying it. I was at work and the burning and pain that came on within 2 minutes was as another woman online described as getting stung on and in your vagina by a nest full of wasps. I started getting dizzy and sweaty from the pain and could barely walk. I hobbled back to the bathroom with wet towels to try to clean myself of this “medicine”. This is horrifying that this company can stay in business when it causes this type of reaction. I threw the rest out. The yeast infection felt 100 times better than this treatment. RUN."

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So it all begin having itchiness in my anus. I ignored for 4 months or even more b/c iIve been shy to see the doctor. Tuesday, Feb 13 , I began to feel itchiness, burning sensations inside my vagina and on my inner labia as well as pain. It got worst as the days went by. Friday morning I went to see my doctor. She said that most likely I have pinworms. Okay. So she prescribed pinworm treatment, loratadine, & a cream for my behind. She also recommended to buy monistat. So I did. My vagina and my inner labia condition was already very bad . I was crying but after putting the monistat cream, it worsened !! I am crying my eyes out, it’s burns like chilli sauce and it itches like crazy ! I can't do the daily things I usually do, & it is making me very upset."

anonymous2223333 February 18, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Do not use. Turns va-jay-jay into a burning pit if misery. I'm serious."

mamaonfire (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I bought the Monistat 3 Day treatment cream, thinking I would get rid of my infection quicker, didn’t want to drag the treatment out for 7 days. BIG MISTAKE. Night #2, and the medicine all leaked out and is causing intense burning and itching at the entrance of my vagina. I knew the first dose didn’t help, but I wasn’t expecting the 2nd dose to make things worse. I have a bad yeast infection, but this “medication” is making it much worse. I have been crying and I am extremely nervous and uncomfortable. I will never purchase a Monistat name brand product again. EVER."

In Misery (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I've used Monistat in the past and it burned my skin... I remember inserting it while laying down and jumping up in the middle of the night burning so badly I jumped in the showered and washed the cream off.. my vagina was red/purple, swollen, irritated from the burning sensation. Nothing can describe that feeling. It's deadly, horrible. Monistat should be took off the shelves. It was like my vagina was in a house fire it burn so bad you can't even move. It's like your in a coma... day 1,3,7 the over night one. Its all bad please don't spend your money"

Kansas city girl November 29, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I get frequent yeast infections and while I usually go to a doctor I decided to save some time and get monistat. DO NOT EVER USE THIS PRODUCT. I inserted it and immediately felt like I dumped gasoline in my vagina and lit it on fire. I was in tears from the itching and burning and had to flush it out. I am calling the FDA about this product because it is unsafe. I followed up and saw a doctor two days later and they found burn marks that were bleeding along with my yeast infection. Stay safe and if you are reading this and it has happened to you, call the FDA!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "OH MY! DOES IT BURN! I had mild discomfort and could feel a YI coming on, so I went out and bought the prefilled Creme applicator! Boy was that a mistake! Once inserted it burned and itched right away! 10x worse then before I used it! Had to shower to try and get it all out! I then had to go out and try the Canesten applicator! It soothed the monistat burn right away! Wish I would of bought Canesten first! Seems like I could of avoided a lot of pain!"

Helpitburns (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The moment I inserted the the first dose of Monistat Day 3, on the first night, it was brutal and so was the second. I don't believe I will proceed with Day 3. I would probably have to put myself under an anaesthetic immediately after I insert it. The feeling is despicable."

Legacy89 September 26, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "OMG!! Itchy, itchy. Way worse than the YI itself. I put in the 1 day cream in maybe 30 mins ago and zero relief, still so itchy!! I am getting Diflucan from my OB from now on. This YI was super mild so I decided to get Monistat. Big mistake, I hope I can sleep. Ugh! No bueño amigas!"

Jesswho (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I take a medictaion for my migraines, and one of the side effects is yeast infections. And once in a great blue moon I will get the dreaded yeast infection. Luckily I caught it in the beginning and headed right to the store and buy the OTC 3 day vaginal cream. Well, I so happened to have caught Monistat 1 on sale. SO before making the purchase, I checked with my pharmacist, and they verified that IT IS SAFE to take Monistat1 while on my migraine medication. So I grabbed it. NEVER AGAIN! I am worse off now than what I was 4 days ago. Now I need to go to the doctors to get a prescriptions to get rid of the yeast infection that an OTC should have taken care of, instead Monistat made worse."

NuNYA28 August 2, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Being a woman is hard man. But I would have not gotten through the intense burning and itching if it wasn't for everyone's comments. Y'all really helping me get through this. I'm on day 1 of the 7 day process and yes it's really intense and painful but it's goes away in about 30-45 minutes"

Anonymous July 24, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I haven't been able to get into to see the doctor and I usually use Canesten in the pink box but I decided to try the 3 day one of Monistat.. It feels worse then before I used it. I have never experienced this much burning before ever and I will not be using the rest of the package. I hope this doesn't cause anymore damage then what it has already. Very very painful. So not worth it! This is the worst feeling ever do not use this!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I would not recommend this to anyone. Monistat made itching and burning extremely worse. The burning even went to to my anal area when the cream spread, this product should be recalled!!!!"

D2018 May 3, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Basically, I can't decide whether I hate myself more for not reading these reviews before I inserted the devil's tears of laughter into the most sensitive part of my body... or because I am currently in fetal position in tears and extremely nauseous because of the pain and I haven't called 911 yet. I have a very high pain tolerance and I have tattoos covering the most sensitive parts of my body but nothing has ever felt like this. My stomach is convulsing and I have to keep reminding myself to breathe. I would rather give birth to 34 children the size of small livestock. (IF this is even a possibility after this bloody thing kills everything living inside of me.) What's good monistat? Where you at? "

I hate my bloody life (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is honestly the worst thing I've ever been through. I have never experienced such pain. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the vagina with a red hot knife. I will never ever use this medicine again. I feel like I am minutes away from going to the emergency room. I tried washing the medicine out with cold water (didn't help). I tried wiping it with the cooling wipes (didn't help). I tried putting more itch cream on (didn't help). And now I have ice pack on my vagina and it feels a little better but still I can't stop squirming and clenching. WORST MEDICINE EVER!!! Do not try this it is serious torture."

Pennyyyy April 27, 2017