User Reviews for Monistat

Monistat Rating Summary

2.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I bought the Monistat 3 Day treatment cream, thinking I would get rid of my infection quicker, didn’t want to drag the treatment out for 7 days. BIG MISTAKE. Night #2, and the medicine all leaked out and is causing intense burning and itching at the entrance of my vagina. I knew the first dose didn’t help, but I wasn’t expecting the 2nd dose to make things worse. I have a bad yeast infection, but this “medication” is making it much worse. I have been crying and I am extremely nervous and uncomfortable. I will never purchase a Monistat name brand product again. EVER."

In Misery (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used Monistat in the past and it burned my skin... I remember inserting it while laying down and jumping up in the middle of the night burning so badly I jumped in the showered and washed the cream off.. my vagina was red/purple, swollen, irritated from the burning sensation. Nothing can describe that feeling. It's deadly, horrible. Monistat should be took off the shelves. It was like my vagina was in a house fire it burn so bad you can't even move. It's like your in a coma... day 1,3,7 the over night one. Its all bad please don't spend your money"

Kansas city girl November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get frequent yeast infections and while I usually go to a doctor I decided to save some time and get monistat. DO NOT EVER USE THIS PRODUCT. I inserted it and immediately felt like I dumped gasoline in my vagina and lit it on fire. I was in tears from the itching and burning and had to flush it out. I am calling the FDA about this product because it is unsafe. I followed up and saw a doctor two days later and they found burn marks that were bleeding along with my yeast infection. Stay safe and if you are reading this and it has happened to you, call the FDA!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OH MY! DOES IT BURN! I had mild discomfort and could feel a YI coming on, so I went out and bought the prefilled Creme applicator! Boy was that a mistake! Once inserted it burned and itched right away! 10x worse then before I used it! Had to shower to try and get it all out! I then had to go out and try the Canesten applicator! It soothed the monistat burn right away! Wish I would of bought Canesten first! Seems like I could of avoided a lot of pain!"

Helpitburns (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The moment I inserted the the first dose of Monistat Day 3, on the first night, it was brutal and so was the second. I don't believe I will proceed with Day 3. I would probably have to put myself under an anaesthetic immediately after I insert it. The feeling is despicable."

Legacy89 September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG!! Itchy, itchy. Way worse than the YI itself. I put in the 1 day cream in maybe 30 mins ago and zero relief, still so itchy!! I am getting Diflucan from my OB from now on. This YI was super mild so I decided to get Monistat. Big mistake, I hope I can sleep. Ugh! No bueño amigas!"

Jesswho (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take a medictaion for my migraines, and one of the side effects is yeast infections. And once in a great blue moon I will get the dreaded yeast infection. Luckily I caught it in the beginning and headed right to the store and buy the OTC 3 day vaginal cream. Well, I so happened to have caught Monistat 1 on sale. SO before making the purchase, I checked with my pharmacist, and they verified that IT IS SAFE to take Monistat1 while on my migraine medication. So I grabbed it. NEVER AGAIN! I am worse off now than what I was 4 days ago. Now I need to go to the doctors to get a prescriptions to get rid of the yeast infection that an OTC should have taken care of, instead Monistat made worse."

NuNYA28 August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Being a woman is hard man. But I would have not gotten through the intense burning and itching if it wasn't for everyone's comments. Y'all really helping me get through this. I'm on day 1 of the 7 day process and yes it's really intense and painful but it's goes away in about 30-45 minutes"

Anonymous July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I haven't been able to get into to see the doctor and I usually use Canesten in the pink box but I decided to try the 3 day one of Monistat.. It feels worse then before I used it. I have never experienced this much burning before ever and I will not be using the rest of the package. I hope this doesn't cause anymore damage then what it has already. Very very painful. So not worth it! This is the worst feeling ever do not use this!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would not recommend this to anyone. Monistat made itching and burning extremely worse. The burning even went to to my anal area when the cream spread, this product should be recalled!!!!"

D2018 May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Basically, I can't decide whether I hate myself more for not reading these reviews before I inserted the devil's tears of laughter into the most sensitive part of my body... or because I am currently in fetal position in tears and extremely nauseous because of the pain and I haven't called 911 yet. I have a very high pain tolerance and I have tattoos covering the most sensitive parts of my body but nothing has ever felt like this. My stomach is convulsing and I have to keep reminding myself to breathe. I would rather give birth to 34 children the size of small livestock. (IF this is even a possibility after this bloody thing kills everything living inside of me.) What's good monistat? Where you at? "

I hate my bloody life (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is honestly the worst thing I've ever been through. I have never experienced such pain. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the vagina with a red hot knife. I will never ever use this medicine again. I feel like I am minutes away from going to the emergency room. I tried washing the medicine out with cold water (didn't help). I tried wiping it with the cooling wipes (didn't help). I tried putting more itch cream on (didn't help). And now I have ice pack on my vagina and it feels a little better but still I can't stop squirming and clenching. WORST MEDICINE EVER!!! Do not try this it is serious torture."

Pennyyyy April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Death before this. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I feels like someone was dancing on a field of fire-ants wielding blowtorches blowing balls of fire in my vagina. I only survived by reading pages and pages of reviews for hours as the BURNING PAIN AND ITCH subsides. One reviewer says it's worse than when she had chlamydia and gonorrhea at the same time. Another says it was 10x itchier than her YI and vaginal eczema combined. Another said at least in child birth, you get a break between contractions. The amount of people on ice packs, going to the ER, and calling the FDA is alarming. THIS AMOUNT OF PAIN AND ITCH IS ABNORMAL."

anonanonanon12345 April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this and it seemed to work after the first day. Unfortunately I was wrong to assume it was ok. It ended up literally burning off the skin in my vagina. Third degree. I ended up having to go to the doctor to take something else to treat my infection, then I had to deal with the burns. I was literally afraid to use the bathroom because it burned so bad."

Hales7911 April 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I bought the Monistat 7 since I am pregnant and my doctor recommended it for my yeast infection. I have the plastic applicators and I took a bath and applied the cream inside with the applicator. I am currently squirming around as I'm writing this. I don't understand why it feels like this. I'm trying to stick it out in hopes that it is killing the infection but I seriously want scrape it all out. It is burning... not too painful but enough to drive me INSANE. I mean I can not stay in one position for more than 10 seconds. It's like an itch that can't be scratched way up in there. It's literally torturing me. My advice is to try something else."

Kristynxsmith March 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I thought my itching was bad before?!! Nothing could have prepared me for the itching that would come from using monistat 7 it's been excruciating I paid $20 to be tortured. I would not recommend this medicine to my worst enemy. My vagina is so swollen and itchy and this stuff is awful. Don't spend the money."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG .... Monistat is not right! The way their product makes our private part burn & inch. I just started using this product yesterday and immediately after I applied it in my private part it started to burn. So I took the burning for the whole night I didn't even get any sleep. I read online that the burning stage of the product was normal & it would stop on the 2nd day. So tonight I applied it as I did the same the night before and when I say I wouldn't wish this burning & inching on NO ONE In this world . . This product is worse than the family dollar brand- at least the family dollar brand doesn't burn nor inch. DON'T USE IT PLEASE!!"

Anonymous January 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like someone pepper sprayed my lady parts! This stuff is like molten lava melting my insides! This product cannot have been tested on humans unless it was developed to cause pain! So incredibly painful!"

Fire in the Hole January 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't not use. Minutes after using I experienced burning worse than the infection itself. How are you supposed sleep when your vagina is burning!?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a yeast infection a month ago so I used Monisat ..My vagina was on fire, wanted to die to put an end to the burn."HORRIBLE". Eventually the pain went away and I was fine until two days ago.It started again.This time I was just peeing a lot so i thought it was a UTI . I decided to go to the dr in a Urgency room. This prescribe me antiobiotics for my "UTI" .He gave me the wrong diagnosis. It was so bad the burning and itching therefore I went to the pharmacy and purchased Monisat 7. It burn the first time but it calmed it after. 2nd day antibiotics made the bacteria worse so at 5 am after using monisat 7 went to E .R . Doc gave me diflucan and it was a relief. Im also on day 3 with monisat 7 and it mildy burns. Will c later"

Tati T. November 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These comments are hilarious and too true. I was using Monistat 7. It Burns and itches for 15-30 minutes then goes away."

Anonymous243 October 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really minor YI. Intense increase in burning and itching less than a minute after application. Only settling down after 2 showers (the first was taken 5 minutes after application) a lot of wet wipes and an hour later. Do. Not. Use."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"TERRIBLE. bought the generic store brand but the pain is terrible! Horrible burning in my vagina. I decided to look at reviews to make sure it was normal. I'm currently in FULL BURNING PAIN! Don't buy!!"

RatherHaveTheInfection August 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had BV and had to take antibiotics for it. It went away but then I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics. I had used Monistat 3 before about a year ago with no problems so I thought why not use it again. They definitely changed the formula because oh my god. I'm on the first night. The initial insertion wasn't too bad. I had mild burning like the instructions said could happen. I got up to pee about 30 minutes after inserting and it burned so badly after I peed. I could not sit still and was so uncomfortable. It went away after about 20 minutes of torture but that can not be normal . I am going to continue the treatment. I hope all of this discomfort is worth it. If you haven't started the treatment DON'T. Go get an RX from your doc."

Wtf ow this can't be right!!!! July 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used the generic 7-day with success. Wish I hadn't decided to try Monistat 3-day cream. I am burning inside and it's worse than the infection itself. Will be going back to 7-day after I douche. This stuff is awful and should be taken off the market. I feel like I inserted battery acid instead of medicine in my vagina. Will not be completing the 3-day treatment nor will I ever buy another Monistat product again."

Jewel54 July 12, 2016