User Reviews for Monistat to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat has an average rating of 2.3 out of 10 from a total of 331 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 9% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 79% reported a negative effect.

Monistat Rating Summary

2.3/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat

CAUTION · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

“I’ve used monistat before and I have never experienced anything worse regarding my vag. Monistat 3 specifically is what I just used and I can NOT believe how awful this stuff feels. I put it in and thirty seconds later I sat back on the toilet ready to throw ice cubes up there. THIS STUFF IS POISON. Burns and itches like there was acid and peroxide in my bits. The feeling is persistent but I haven't laughed this hard in a longgg time, reading these reviews while in this pain was way too relatable. If you're reading this it's too late.”

TiredAF October 8, 2020

“Haven't had a YI in years, in the past used Monistat 3 I think? The little ovule things, no issues, instant relief, ten gold stars. Well this time I grab Monistat 1. I insert the ovule, slap on a panty liner, hit the hay. Woke up 2 hours later, cookie on FIRE! CRAZY BURNING, ITCHING, FREAKING OUT, so I go into the bathroom and try to soothe myself with the external cream provided... HAH WOW NOPE! SO MUCH WORSE, just dabbed it off with toilet paper, changed the panty liner and went back to bed to assume the fetal position and scour the internet for reviews or solutions, see if i really messed up and need an ambulance or what lol. Gotta say, by the time I got through about 8 pages of awful/HILARIOUS reviews the burning and itching are just about totally gone and I could fall back asleep now. There's a bit of heat left but nothing too crazy. So take away- temporarily ALARMING!!! but seemingly worth it. Because if you're here, its probably too late to tell you to buy something else lol.”

MFer · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2021

“If you're here reading the comments because your cooter currently is flaming hot......rip to you No but seriously this sucked, I thought I was going to cut my vagina off to get rid of this burning pain I think since it seems like every single woman on this website is feeling this way about the product, that we should get together & sue the company”

Deb January 10, 2020

“Everyone up here is such a baby. It’s supposed to itch more because the medicine is literally forcing the yeast out of your vagina all at once. This product is amazing. I’m currently pregnant & Even before pregnancy Monistat was my go-to. It itches & burns but it literally goes away.”

WhyGod Why June 15, 2020

“I bought the 3 day cream. Inserted it into my NoNo zone, felt soothing. As soon as I pulled up my underwear I felt a burning sensation like no other. My Vag feels like I have a zillion paper cut burns, that were then doused in a cocktail of lemon juice, acid and alcohol while a trillion fire ants crawled out of my private parts. It feels like a ghost pepper was also crushed up to a fine powder and sprinkled on top of all the above mentioned items. The itching and burning is so severe I feel like I'm going to vomit. Dear God, what have I dodondodone in my life to deserve this misery? I'm so delirious I can barely type I will never again use this product!!! I'd rather live with a YI for the rest of my life instead of feeling this kind of pain ever again. Do not recommend!!!”

Anonymous June 8, 2020

“I should have came here first. I literally just got back from the ER because my vag is STILL on fire after using the Monistat 1 day insertion cream YESTERDAY MORNING. When I sit, it’s on fire. When I walk, it’s on fire. When I pee, it’s 10X more on fire. When I do anything, I’m in pain. And oh, it itches too. I’m doped up on ibuprofen for the pain because it is absolutely unbearable. I’m just like wow, how is this even real??? Monistat should be banned because it will feel like acid is on your sweet cookie. It burns to TOUCH your own vag smh. Do not use this, please. I’m trying to look out for you”

mimi · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

“Alright, ladies. YI are awful. However, GIVE MONISTAT A CHANCE. Please. I know it feels like fire ants are crawling inside of you and like battery acid was poured in at first, but that only means it’s working. It gets worse before it gets better! It is literally killing the infection which is why it hurts so much. Fight the pain ! Use vagisil right after, too, to combat the itch and burn. And for the love of god, DON’T SCRATCH whatever you do!! Only makes it that much worse.”

Totired_tocare July 7, 2020

“Ooohweeeeee I have never in my life felt something that burn your flesh so bad. It burned so bad I stopped dropped and rolled my big self across the floor and I had to turn my private part up to the fan. It felt like someone was holding a candle down there and the wax was falling onto to me. As soon as I inserted it a few minutes later my nose even began to sweat. My legs started shaking, my eyes got big and I went extremely crazy. I jumped in the shower and tired to wash it out of me. It irritated my private area so bad I was purple, raw and it felt like I had been sand papered down there. That was the monistat 7 days. Then a few months later I got another yeast infection- I knew not to use the 7 days again so I got the 3 days and oohweeeeee..it burnt so bad I had to get some ice cubes to apply to the area!”

Alia Dixon · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2021

“I’m a Nurse Practitioner, please FDA look into this medication, something is seriously WRONG with this product all of a sudden!! It’s 4:00 AM in the morning and I have not had any sleep because my entire reproductive system feels like someone has put a torch to it. I will not be recommending this to my patients. I’m going to be a mess at work today with no sleep. Praying while I have ice packs on my vagina OUCHHHHHHH!!”

Strs · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

“Like all other users, I should have read the reviews first. This is the worst burning/fire pain I have ever experienced. Literally sitting in a bath to try and help my little lady out. I don’t know who approved of this formula but it had to be a guy because no girl would think this was a good fix.”

Rachael February 15, 2020

“Really? I'm sick with this stupid YI and someone told me to use Monistat. I chose the one day dose. Never used it before. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN! It set off every fire alarm in the house. Five minutes after using it I was rushing back to bathroom with my girl on FIRE! The candles in the bathroom were literally igniting from the heat. And the itching was so intense I wanted to take a Brillo Pad to it. The cream leaked out and made such a mess I had to put on a pad. Monistat suggests using at night so no one will know what horrible pain you're in. You won't get any sleep tonight girls!”

Kiley · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2020

“GIVE MONISTAT A CHANCE. It works for me every time. I use the Monistat 1 day, every time I get a yeast infection. All of the comments I'm reading are giving it bad reviews due to the increase in burning sensation. YI ARE WORSE THAN THE BURNING. The box says a slight increase in burning will occur. You just shoved medicine into your no no parts. Your body rejects things its not used to. That's normal. I'm also seeing it receive bad reviews due to the fact that it doesn't work immediately. EVEN THE MONISTAT 1 DAYS IT COULD TAKE UP TO A WEEK FOR YOUR SYMPTOMS TO COMPLETELY SUBSIDE. ”

Twat dragon · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

“For the love of all that is holy, I pray you’ve come to read these reviews BEFORE buying and inserting this lava egg into your garden. I feel as though this medicine has given me the power to breathe fire from my twat. Immediately after inserting the ovule and applying the cream, I felt burning in my vag. It was as though I had the fire from 1,000 suns captured inside of me, and they were itching to be released. The pain from this medication is 10,000 times worse than the infection itself. I have since squatted and spat the little lava egg out, wiped all topical ointment off, and I’m sitting in a bath trying to decide which type of ice pack will fit best in between my lady parts. I’m praying this pain at least resolves my issue. If not, I’ll be calling my gyno tomorrow. If I were you, I would start there. And do not under any circumstances let them convince you that monistat is the way to go.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

“Well at first it burned like lava for almost 4 hours. I didn't knew what was going on, I even thought about going to the ER. But after those 4 hours I feel so much better no burning or itching anymore. So hang in there ladies it only mean the medicine is working towards that horrible yeast infection.”

Anonymous December 14, 2019

“I saw all the reviews were people complained about the burning. They are right. However for me it lasted for about an hour. I crossed my legs and powered through and now it feels so much better. Too early to tell if it cured my problem but it was worth an hour of the burn. Tough it out ladies we give birth.”

Mycooterhurts July 31, 2019

“In bed, felt optimistic that I was about to open a window to some relief. Little did I know, I was opening the flood gates of fire and brimstone. The burning was worse than the witches endured at the stake in Salem. All I could hear was screaming coming from my vaginal lips, hellfire rose from my vaginal canal and demons danced around stabbing my insides with their horns. Satan himself shook his head with shame as he read the box of Monistat and a tear fell off his face before I ran to the bathroom to throw up due to the pain. In the shower I washed hoping to put the fire out. No relief from the burning taking over my delicate lady parts. Smoke started to fill my room and I fanned not only my privates, but the smoke alarm as well. I fell into the fetal position as I heard Death approaching, shrill screams still pouring from my hoohah. However bad you think your infection is, it’s not as bad a Monistat will make it be. Wait until you can see a dr and get a prescription.”

Cootersister#1 · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2021

“Y’all know that feeling of the runs exploding after eating chipotle? Imagine this but in your cooter. Lava, itchiness that compares to the pits of lava, and your lips swell like you had vaginal fillers. Their formula must have changed but at this point I’m down to file a suit if any other cooter sisters are with me?”

I’m in pain.. · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“So I regularly have yeast infections before my period. My period had just ended and I got a really bad yeast infection so I ran to Walmart at like 1030pm and picked up the 3 day pack. It just had a tube that you inserted for three days, it didn’t come with any cream to help or anything it just had the tube. The first night I had to drug myself with pain medication because the pain was SO INTENSE. The second day wasn’t so bad I took medication before I used the stuff. THE THIRD DAY. THE LITERAL THIRD DAY. I SWEAR MY HOOHA ENTERED THE GOBLET OF DAMN FIRE. I was on the phone with my husband and I was CRYING IN PAIN. Ran to the shower to try and clean myself and get everything out. IT WAS SO RED AND SWOLLEN ITS INSANE. It’s the next morning and I am STILL IN PAIN. Please don’t buy this, it’s not dobby approved”

Sarah173 · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2021

“I put Monistat 7 in at 10:00pm it’s almost 1:00am and the burning hasn’t subsided. Like many other women I put the cream in and regretted it within 30 seconds. Cried and rolled around considering whether or not I needed to go to the ER until I came here and saw that hundreds of other women were experiencing the same thing. The store brand doesn’t feel this bad. I’ve never been in so much pain in my entire life. I wish I would’ve never bought this. I’m sure it works but it’s NOT worth this pain. The only positive is I found this these comments and laughed & cried for a solid 30 minutes.”

Nicole_7 · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2021

“Bought the 3 day monostat vaginal lava ovules & wow my vagina is literally a flaming torch, the entire thing feels like someone has lit my cooter on fire & poured 17 bottles of Frank’s red hot sauce all over it . I don’t even know what to do with myself . I’ve been running back & forth from the bathroom trying to get it out from inside me but the burning is truly unbearable, not to mention also itchy . I’ve been putting a cold compress down there which has given me some relief . Unfortunately it’s 2:00 AM & I can’t sleep . Monostat needs to get taken off the shelves this is a crime to the female population . Pray for my burning coot”

sad coochie :( · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2020

“I get yeast infections frequently and I have always just used generic brands and I never had a bad experience. Yesterday I bought Monistat for the first time ever and I will never ever use it again because it put me in so much pain. Usually I just insert the generic brand and go right to sleep but not even a minute I started feeling a burning/scratching and it kept getting worse. I wasn’t even scratching myself and my lady bits started to swell. I tried to get as much as I could out of me and then the only reason I was able to fall asleep was because I laid a cold compress on myself. I even woke up this morning and right away I felt fine until I went to the bathroom and the burning sensation started again and I started to swell. I will never use this product again and I don’t think any women should. Any girl reading this you need to just get a generic brand because you will get rid of your YI pain free.”

Vag on fire · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2020

“No, just no! I have used Monistat 1 and 3 day in the past, several years ago, and never, I mean NEVER have I had this current experience. Immediate burning and itching that made me want to jump up and down holding my hooha and run to the freezer to find an ice pack! Disclaimer: do not insert a popsicle, no matter how appealing this may sound to you if you are experiencing the burning I experience #YeastInfectionOnRoids Of course the itching from my YI felt so much better after just the first monistat syringe! My vag was completely desensitized from the itching and burning the monistat caused. I’d love to know what and why monistat changed in their product. Feels like I slathered ghost pepper habanero wasabi sauce on my cooch.”

I’ll take the YI instead · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

“I’m on the 3rd night of a 3 day Monistat cream insert. I took ibuprofen before inserting the last dose- fast forward 3 hours and I literally just woke up (* I only wake up in pain with migraines, no other pain wakes me up) with a terrible itching sensation - convinced my YI is not going away because there’s no way my burning and itching (not to mention severely irritated labia) is caused by the actual medicine. Then I found this forum of reviews and wow I really wish I had read it before trying this med. I used vagistat 3 day months ago for a different YI with no issues. Never again Monistat! If you want to be up at 2 am writing a scathing review then feel free to use this product.”

Sabrina August 26, 2020

“Well, this is pretty much my first experience with a YI, earlier this month my doctor found BV and Yeast under the microscope, and she gave me medicine for both. I had sex with my partner after all of my treatments and symptoms had gone, and literally my YI came back, but it was slight burning, cottage cheese like discharge, with no smell or no itching; so to save me a trip, I purchased the 3 day Monistat. I took a shower, inserted the tube, and it was soothing at first, I applied the itch cream even though I didn’t have any itching. About 10 minutes later I felt burning all over and around my vagina, it subsided maybe like 1 hour or so later, but then it started itching like crazy in the inside of my vagina, like I wanted to itch; now it’s calming down again... I will wait to see what my symptoms are like in the morning, but I probably won’t use this again, as it increased my YI symptoms, or created symptoms that were never there in the first place.”

Liah February 8, 2020

“Ugh! First time ever experiencing a YI so I did the day 1 the ovule! I couldn't hold my pee in and some cream came out! I was going crazy and thinking it wasn’t going to work. Moments later the burning and itching started! The only thing that is making me feel better is reading all these comment knowing I’m not alone! Also first time using Monistat don’t think I’ll use it again ”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection