User Reviews for Monistat

Monistat Rating Summary

2.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 51 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I take a medictaion for my migraines, and one of the side effects is yeast infections. And once in a great blue moon I will get the dreaded yeast infection. Luckily I caught it in the beginning and headed right to the store and buy the OTC 3 day vaginal cream. Well, I so happened to have caught Monistat 1 on sale. SO before making the purchase, I checked with my pharmacist, and they verified that IT IS SAFE to take Monistat1 while on my migraine medication. So I grabbed it. NEVER AGAIN! I am worse off now than what I was 4 days ago. Now I need to go to the doctors to get a prescriptions to get rid of the yeast infection that an OTC should have taken care of, instead Monistat made worse."

NuNYA28 August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Being a woman is hard man. But I would have not gotten through the intense burning and itching if it wasn't for everyone's comments. Y'all really helping me get through this. I'm on day 1 of the 7 day process and yes it's really intense and painful but it's goes away in about 30-45 minutes"

Anonymous July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I haven't been able to get into to see the doctor and I usually use Canesten in the pink box but I decided to try the 3 day one of Monistat.. It feels worse then before I used it. I have never experienced this much burning before ever and I will not be using the rest of the package. I hope this doesn't cause anymore damage then what it has already. Very very painful. So not worth it! This is the worst feeling ever do not use this!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would not recommend this to anyone. Monistat made itching and burning extremely worse. The burning even went to to my anal area when the cream spread, this product should be recalled!!!!"

D2018 May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Basically, I can't decide whether I hate myself more for not reading these reviews before I inserted the devil's tears of laughter into the most sensitive part of my body... or because I am currently in fetal position in tears and extremely nauseous because of the pain and I haven't called 911 yet. I have a very high pain tolerance and I have tattoos covering the most sensitive parts of my body but nothing has ever felt like this. My stomach is convulsing and I have to keep reminding myself to breathe. I would rather give birth to 34 children the size of small livestock. (IF this is even a possibility after this bloody thing kills everything living inside of me.) What's good monistat? Where you at? "

I hate my bloody life (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is honestly the worst thing I've ever been through. I have never experienced such pain. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the vagina with a red hot knife. I will never ever use this medicine again. I feel like I am minutes away from going to the emergency room. I tried washing the medicine out with cold water (didn't help). I tried wiping it with the cooling wipes (didn't help). I tried putting more itch cream on (didn't help). And now I have ice pack on my vagina and it feels a little better but still I can't stop squirming and clenching. WORST MEDICINE EVER!!! Do not try this it is serious torture."

Pennyyyy April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Death before this. This was the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I feels like someone was dancing on a field of fire-ants wielding blowtorches blowing balls of fire in my vagina. I only survived by reading pages and pages of reviews for hours as the BURNING PAIN AND ITCH subsides. One reviewer says it's worse than when she had chlamydia and gonorrhea at the same time. Another says it was 10x itchier than her YI and vaginal eczema combined. Another said at least in child birth, you get a break between contractions. The amount of people on ice packs, going to the ER, and calling the FDA is alarming. THIS AMOUNT OF PAIN AND ITCH IS ABNORMAL."

anonanonanon12345 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this and it seemed to work after the first day. Unfortunately I was wrong to assume it was ok. It ended up literally burning off the skin in my vagina. Third degree. I ended up having to go to the doctor to take something else to treat my infection, then I had to deal with the burns. I was literally afraid to use the bathroom because it burned so bad."

Hales7911 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I bought the Monistat 7 since I am pregnant and my doctor recommended it for my yeast infection. I have the plastic applicators and I took a bath and applied the cream inside with the applicator. I am currently squirming around as I'm writing this. I don't understand why it feels like this. I'm trying to stick it out in hopes that it is killing the infection but I seriously want scrape it all out. It is burning... not too painful but enough to drive me INSANE. I mean I can not stay in one position for more than 10 seconds. It's like an itch that can't be scratched way up in there. It's literally torturing me. My advice is to try something else."

Kristynxsmith March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I thought my itching was bad before?!! Nothing could have prepared me for the itching that would come from using monistat 7 it's been excruciating I paid $20 to be tortured. I would not recommend this medicine to my worst enemy. My vagina is so swollen and itchy and this stuff is awful. Don't spend the money."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OMG .... Monistat is not right! The way their product makes our private part burn & inch. I just started using this product yesterday and immediately after I applied it in my private part it started to burn. So I took the burning for the whole night I didn't even get any sleep. I read online that the burning stage of the product was normal & it would stop on the 2nd day. So tonight I applied it as I did the same the night before and when I say I wouldn't wish this burning & inching on NO ONE In this world . . This product is worse than the family dollar brand- at least the family dollar brand doesn't burn nor inch. DON'T USE IT PLEASE!!"

Anonymous January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel like someone pepper sprayed my lady parts! This stuff is like molten lava melting my insides! This product cannot have been tested on humans unless it was developed to cause pain! So incredibly painful!"

Fire in the Hole January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't not use. Minutes after using I experienced burning worse than the infection itself. How are you supposed sleep when your vagina is burning!?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a yeast infection a month ago so I used Monisat ..My vagina was on fire, wanted to die to put an end to the burn."HORRIBLE". Eventually the pain went away and I was fine until two days ago.It started again.This time I was just peeing a lot so i thought it was a UTI . I decided to go to the dr in a Urgency room. This prescribe me antiobiotics for my "UTI" .He gave me the wrong diagnosis. It was so bad the burning and itching therefore I went to the pharmacy and purchased Monisat 7. It burn the first time but it calmed it after. 2nd day antibiotics made the bacteria worse so at 5 am after using monisat 7 went to E .R . Doc gave me diflucan and it was a relief. Im also on day 3 with monisat 7 and it mildy burns. Will c later"

Tati T. November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These comments are hilarious and too true. I was using Monistat 7. It Burns and itches for 15-30 minutes then goes away."

Anonymous243 October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really minor YI. Intense increase in burning and itching less than a minute after application. Only settling down after 2 showers (the first was taken 5 minutes after application) a lot of wet wipes and an hour later. Do. Not. Use."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"TERRIBLE. bought the generic store brand but the pain is terrible! Horrible burning in my vagina. I decided to look at reviews to make sure it was normal. I'm currently in FULL BURNING PAIN! Don't buy!!"

RatherHaveTheInfection August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had BV and had to take antibiotics for it. It went away but then I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics. I had used Monistat 3 before about a year ago with no problems so I thought why not use it again. They definitely changed the formula because oh my god. I'm on the first night. The initial insertion wasn't too bad. I had mild burning like the instructions said could happen. I got up to pee about 30 minutes after inserting and it burned so badly after I peed. I could not sit still and was so uncomfortable. It went away after about 20 minutes of torture but that can not be normal . I am going to continue the treatment. I hope all of this discomfort is worth it. If you haven't started the treatment DON'T. Go get an RX from your doc."

Wtf ow this can't be right!!!! July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used the generic 7-day with success. Wish I hadn't decided to try Monistat 3-day cream. I am burning inside and it's worse than the infection itself. Will be going back to 7-day after I douche. This stuff is awful and should be taken off the market. I feel like I inserted battery acid instead of medicine in my vagina. Will not be completing the 3-day treatment nor will I ever buy another Monistat product again."

Jewel54 July 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I bought Monistat 3 and just like everyone else on here, I am on fire. The first night, I was on the bathroom floor crying and scratching, it was the worst pain I've ever been in. The next day, my symptoms were nearly all gone, so I figured the medication was working, so I used the second dose and I regretted it so badly. UPDATE!!! I'm now on day 3. I noticed that on the previous days, the burning was only on the external vagina, so I put vaseline all over the area before inserting the cream so it doesn't touch my skin. So far, this is working and I don't feel anything."

h e l p July 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Omg the itching is unreal. Definitely feeling worse now than I did before using this product!"

Anonymous June 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So this is my first time getting a yeast infection, and initially it was just mild. A day ago a friend of mine recommended this product, so I decided to give it a try. Yeaterday around 2 pm I inserted the ointment inside my vagina and then applied it on my vulva. At 2:10, my life changed forever... The itching and burning felt UNBEARABLE. It was as though a colony of furious and uncontrollable fire ants were having a war inside my vagina. At times, I couldn't help but to release my pain and scream. My eyes watered as my vagina felt like it was melting right off of my body. My poor vagina. This was a flaming hot traredy. No YI cream is worth this fire."

Fireantvagina May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wish I read the earlier reviews to prepare myself. Oh my goodness this itches quite a bit, is that seriously wrong? Cause I know hydrogen peroxide itches and burns when it's cleaning a cut maybe that's the same thing.... I havent tried the itch cream that comes with it but that's for external use and the itching is internal with warnings on the box not to scratch. Gonna be a rough night."

Ehwhydoievenbother April 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Micanozole also used in Monistat yes is one of the worse feeling creams for a yeast infection . I & several others have switched to a another cream called Clotrimazole instead. It is literally the opposite. It has NO BURNING or tingling. I don't know how people stand Miconazole or Monistat. It like putting yourself thru all that pain. NOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND, this medicine may take 2 doses where monistat may take 1 use. This means If you use monistat 3 , then you would need to buy two of the Clotrimazole 3 to do the job typically. If you buy the 1 day then you would need to buy two 1 day boxes of this.. Its milder so it takes a little longer , BUT... THERE IS NO PAIN! So I say give me pain free results. I'll take more days."

OTC alternative April 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had yeast infections in the past, but I have never tried this medicine for one before! Like everyone else as soon as I put the cream in I felt constant itching! Itching so bad I wanted to cry because it wouldn't stop! I just got out of the shower from trying to get all of it out! I feel a lot better now! I recommend going straight to the doctor and get the pills, so you don't have to waste your money on this product."

Anonymous March 18, 2016