User Reviews for Monistat 1 Combination Pack

Vaginal Yeast Infection
3.4

Reviews for Monistat 1 Combination Pack

lindsey42289 · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I literally created a drug.com account just so I could talk abut this experience. Grabbed this off the shelf like a FOOL and now have a 5:45pm doctor appointment today at an urgent care to make sure my vagina hasn't burned itself into ash. Popped that lil egg in my vagina 2 days ago around 7:30pm after showering... and can't even make this up. I'm at a KOA in Portland and within 35 minutes I fainted. STRAIGHT fainted. ONTO THE GROUND. Idk what my body was saying but it wasn't great. I'm 32 years old and never take medication outside of migraine pills. Then came the burning and the itching. From about 9pm - 4am I peed 10x, and literally started doing breath work while fanning my vagina with a festival fan. Now, I am spotting more. Itching more. And 2 days later, the burning is subsiding but still present. RUN FOR THE HILLS. USE ANYTHING ELSE.”

Jkrimp72 · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I inserted the egg last night before bed, and woke up feeling the same way, pretty much. I do have a little bit more burning, but luckily for me it is most definitely not as bad as everyone has experienced! I don't however feel much relief yet, but it's only been like 12 hours.”

Annakay1018 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Holy guacamole!!! I should have done more research!!! I have had a terrible YI for a few days now. I needed relief from the horrible itching. I was on strong antibiotics for my kidneys and this happens every time! So I looked and purchased from Walmart. Did it before I put my kids to bed, but after I showered. The cream for the external area is phenomenal! The little pearl thing that goes inside was good for about a hour and a half, then I had to pee. Then BAM! I’m talking about out of this world pain and burning!! I took to Google and read these reviews..... THANK God for the shower review! Ladies, GET IN THE SHOWER! Take that head try and wash that stuff out”

QueenKiki · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am so happy to see these reviews! Not happy for everyone, just glad to know I am not alone! I used Monistat 1 last night before bed (June 3rd). So it has been 24 hours. Today around lunch I started itching like CRAZY!!!! I ended up going back to the store for Vagisil cream and wipes just as some extra relief. I am still itching, but they help. How long does it take to stop?! I've read between 3 and 7 days? Anyone on the tail end? Feeling relief? Please tell me it gets better...wow! Good luck ladies!!”

Troubled Lady June 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I used this product last night and after about an hour I was in SEVERE discomfort. The burning was like nothing I experienced before, my skin down there was on fire, really painful. I can’t believe that a medication to treat itching and burning could be so abrasive. I eventually took OTC pain meds ( ibuprofen and Tylenol) and cold compress to get to sleep. Today is better, and the original itching is basically gone. But you really have to go through the fire to get to the relief. Hope the folks as Monistat will work on a gentler formulation that would be just as effective.”

Kenzie · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “To begin with, I am very sensitive to all skin products. And unfortunately didn't read these reviews before inserting the damn Monistat egg thing. Worst thing I could have done!!! I was fine until the casing of the egg dissolved... Then it was FIRE!!! I wanted to tear my damn vulva and vagina off! I'm sitting in a bath now at 7:30 pm on a Saturday as my husband makes dinner because I can't stand still! This thing has me cursing like a sailor! I had been treating with coconut oil and was feeling much better, until I inserted this little egg of a thing! I thought this might just kick this YI out for good.... I will NEVER use this product again! And yes, it should be pulled! It's the absolutely awful!!! All I wanted to do tonight was enjoy a relaxing dinner with my hubby. Instead, my vagina is on FIRE!”

yuck! June 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have previously used monistat 3 before and it worked perfectly fine for me, so I thought I would have no problem using monistat 1 this time around. I was WRONG. Do not take the risk of buying this, I woke up to extreme burning and itching, far worse than the actual yeast infection. I wish I could go back a few hours and tell myself not to take it. Still trying to figure out how to deal with the pain.”

Ingardenias December 16, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Ladies it was funny because I called my bf after the first day of having that egg inside of me and told him it was no big deal. It's the third day and I thought I'd escaped the rumored torture but wow was I wrong. It's much worse than the YI. Please listen to the reviews on this one ladies. Do not try this medicine. We ladies should all sign a petition to get this awful egg taken off the shelves or we should be refunded for the pain and suffering that comes to us along with this .”

Snoopy · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “DON’T do it! I inserted the Monistat last night at 9pm and woke up at 4:30am and 7am with the most intense burning and itching. Sat on the toilet with a washcloth and reading these reviews is the only thing that makes it better. PRAYING FOR U.”

upset June 2, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Monistat should be ashamed for putting this on shelves I took it at about 10pm and woke up at midnight feeling like someone had sprayed an entire can of pepper spray to my vagina then lit a match. I literally googled “unbearable burning itching and pain after Monistat”. DO NOT USE IT. I am writing this review while laying in the shower Vagina up trying to rinse this god forsaken stuff out of my vagina”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “WOW. let me just say. That “white egg” is something else. I had a yeast infection about a week ago for the first time, and I decided to try an “at home treatment” WORST idea ever let me tell you. Monistat 1 is one of the more stronger ones and oh sis it sure is. I injected that egg in my vagina pretty far up there. The first hour was fine, I actually felt soothed and less irritated. Then hour TWO AND HOLYYY you better expect to stay up all night cause no way you can escape the pain. I felt like red ants were climbing through my whole vagina. The next morning I felt the same pain but less intense and it finally went away after 2 days after treatment. The only thing that kept me sane that night was reading these comments all night. They were HILARIOUS. But it’s really not funny when your going through it. Note to self: go to doctor and get a prescription!!”

Squaw May 2, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Take this stuff off the shelves!!! Intense burning and itching way worse than the infection itself not to mention swelling. I can’t even sit down! Wish to heck I had read the reviews before I used it!!!!!!”

E · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Wow. Hour one I was feeling fine... decrease in YI symptoms. Happy. Hour two? Burning blazing fire, an inferno. Where do the flames come from. I was wailing spread bald eagle in front of my ac. I took painkillers. I gently laid some wet paper towels. Nothing. Finally fell asleep after two more hours and lots of pain. It is now day two and I’m still irritated (not as bad but worse than my YI). According to other reviews it should calm down in uhhh about a day or two but I don’t know. Just go to the doctor. I’m begging you. Just go to the doctor. Your copay and medicine price mean nothing in the face of this California forest fire. 0/10. Save yourself.”

Fire crotch July 29, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Do not use this product ever! I normally use Monistat 3, but vacation starts tomorrow, so I tried Monistat 1 thinking it would be better. My crotch is on fire! No amount of spread eagle with a cold wet cloth is making this go away! I would rather have a raging yeast infection, than have injected this acid into my vagina.”

ScreamQueen August 21, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I used The equate generic brand of the Monistat one dose egg, same exact dosage and ingredients compared to Monistat along with the external cream that comes with the egg. two hours after inserting it an increase in burning and itching happened, it wasn’t unbearable like some of these reviews are saying. I was able to fall asleep still and when I woke up the next morning I have no itchiness in my vagina or yeast infection feeling. it’s been a week now and my infection is gone. If you are sensitive and can’t handle an increase and uncomfortability then I suggest you see a doctor or if you don’t want to end up with a bill just use Monistat over-the-counter and be a little bit more uncomfortable for a few hours to kill off your yeast infection. 10 out of 10 I would recommend to someone to use”

KyeStock · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The only thing getting me through this literal nightmare of a situation is reading these comments and knowing I’m not alone. I took Monistat 1 when I was younger and I’m not sure if my pain tolerance has lowered after child birth.. or if they changed the formula but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Unless you want to be up at 2 am holding your self with a wash rag trying to search ways to get the demon out of you.”

wombatgirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “in the spirit of game of thrones’ final episodes and Arya being a badass, I like to think that were she confronted by the god of death, she would fling a filled applicator of this unholy concoction at death’s face and scream ‘not today!!’ and then the god of death’s face would burn, itch, melt, and burst into a thousand flames of agony. Seriously it’s like one of Daenaris’s dragons got loose in my vagina and is clawing and fire breathing on its way out and I know this is very silly it’s all I can do to keep from screaming and writhing in my bed like a possessed banshee because this stuff is mutilating my insides. In short, if the doc prescribes you antibiotics, just straight up ask him or her to circumvent the nonsense and prescribe diflucan while they’re at it because antibiotics lead to yeast and yeast leads to monistat and monistat leads to wailing in agony. brb gonna go put ice cubes up my bajingo now.”

Ana August 23, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After all the horrible reviews I was afraid to try, but I had already bought and went for it I inserted at night and had no symptoms, woke up fine went pee and I just experienced a cool sensation no burning. So I discovered that if you use this and don't have a yeast infection (it maybe possible you have bacterial vaginosis similar symptoms as a yeasty ) and the bacteria will grow more as monistat is to treat a yeast infection, hence why some people are experiencing a lot of burning, for bc you need antibiotics.”

Francesca · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Placed the vaginal insert inside my lady bits and the applied the external cream and waited. About 20 minutes later the whole area started to feel warm and tingly as if I had rubbed a vopour rub all over my honey pot. At first I was nervous not knowing if this was normal or how intense this “heat” would get. After about 15 minutes when it levelled out and stopped increasing in intensity I actually didn’t mind it. It kind of felt interesting and not at all unpleasant. And the best thing is it actually worked and got rid of the infection.”

luvzthereward · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I told myself if this medicine ended up working I would leave a positive review because at one point I was doubting it. I was on antibiotic and a yeast infection quickly followed..white discharge with no odor, ITCHING at the opening and inside me, and vaginal soreness, I felt like I got kicked between the legs! I dealt with it for a few days taking AZO before I turned to Monistat 1. Let me tell you the first day and after, I did not think it was working and started to worry I had something worse..day 3 the discharge was the absolute worst it's been, day 4 still wasn't cleared up, I washed with some coconut oil down there and let it sit before rinsing..random and first time I tried it through this week, and then finally today day 5 the infection appears to be gone, no discharge not a single itch!! I also got my period today maybe that's why or maybe the coconut oil helped. Either way I think Monistat 1 works just give it a good couple days like it says. Best of luck!”

K July 28, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Absolutely not. Why I decided to take this vagina flame torch on a date night with my bf is beyond me, I’m down stairs 2am legs spread eagle with ice on my wooha. Will this burning ever stop? Who knows. Can’t sleep hate it very much.”

Yaya · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I bought monistat 1 and read the reviews. I was sooo nervous to try this but I really didn't want to go to the hospital so I tried it anyways. The first hour was ok but after that oh man it was pretty intense. Lots of itching and burning and I just sat really still and then when that was too much I laid down very still... it lasted for a couple of hours but to be honest it was bearable. I mean it did burn but the infection kinda requires that I think lol!!! This morning had lots of discharge but no burning or itching. I'm pretty swollen there tho but this is literally the next day. I would use this again. I really don't like how uncomfortable I was for the time I was but I'd rather take this then go to the hospital. Our bodies are different so don't be too thrown off with negative comments.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Honestly I was reading the comments about this product while the egg was in and I was so worried. It started burning after an hour but it wasn’t bad burning like others have said it was burning where it tingles and you can’t handle it and then after an hour I went away. I went to sleep scared because I read comments of ladies waking up during their sleep crying and I didn’t I wake up until the next day. There was no itch, no nothing. I just went on with my day and I feel fine. I think it just depends on your vagina. And sometimes ladies think they have yeast infection and treat it with this product, but it may be something else bacterial and end up messing it up and it burns them since they’re using the wrong product, or some women may have sensitive skin.”

Fire! · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I should have read these reviews before I decided to put this egg of fire in my nether regions. I put it in at 3 am, fell asleep, and by 7 am I had a new meaning of fire crotch. Today is day two, now because Aunt Flo came around to make my life even worse. If you can stand the intense pain then it works, but before I allow Satan's love child back in my whoha, I'll go to a doctor first. Maybe my princess triangle will be less mad at me when all this is over.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Stay away!! I used Monistat over a decade ago. Some reviews say that the burning is because it’s not a yeast infection. Untrue! This Monistat is a different formula and whatever they put in it causes extreme burning! My labia minor and major burned in ways I cannot describe. The inflammation is not minimal! Please don’t purchase this product. On day 1 there was some mild discomfort and itching. Day 2 was by far the worst as the product began to slow seep out and I was up all night in pain and agony. Day 3 the “chunks” of the egg start to come out and I finally felt relief. It is now Day 4 and there is some itching but barely noticeable. Don’t use this product. Please! The FDA needs to investigate this.”

Apple spice · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was a bit skeptical on trying this one because of all the reviews saying it caused burning and itching worse than the infection itself. But I had the worst burning and itching sensation ever and didn’t have access to a doctor right away so I had no choice. I was up all night cause I was in so much pain. Then finally at 7am I went to Walmart to buy this product. I inserted the little egg at 7:43am. And I put the cream everywhere on the outside. I instantly felt relief and was able to go to sleep. It’s now 5:16pm and I’m still feeling okay. Still a little discomfort but a lot better than what I was feeling before. I read from the reviews it takes a couple of days for it to fully disappear so. Hoping these next few days fly by.”

Sis September 3, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “DO NOT use Monistat if you are sensitive. I am very sensitive to everything. I used it on Friday night and it lite me on fire. It is now Thursday almost a week later and I am still so raw and blood red. Something in the ingredient I had to be allergic too. I have read over reviews so maybe I wasn’t allergic to it because it has done other people this way. Do NOT use it just go to the doctor.”

BeenThereDoneThat · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “It works, but holy mother of God this stuff itches and irritates like crazy...for the first little while. Shortly after inserting it, it starts itching/irritating like crazy. I suggest just laying down for as long as you can stand it (about an hour) and then get up to pee. When you do, a great amount of the Monistat will leak out of the vagina. Clean yourself up, take a deep breath, and prepare to feel much, much better in about 15 minutes. Not all cures are pleasant. Suck it up. This stuff works.”

More about Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole topical)

Other brands