User Reviews for Loratadine (Page 3)

Also known as: Alavert, Claritin, Claritin Reditab, Clear-Atadine, Dimetapp ND, ohm Allergy Relief, QlearQuil All Day & Night, Tavist ND, Wal-itin

Urticaria
6.1

Allergic Rhinitis
5.5

Allergic Reactions
5.4

Summary of Loratadine reviews 5.8 67 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Helps for the first day, then symptoms return. Starting Zyrtec now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

Children's Claritin Allergy (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Claritin Children's Allergy 10 Chewable Tablet — I am a Buzz agent and recieved a sample of this to try. It say's children's but 2 pills has the same amount of Loratadine as 1 regular claritin. So, I decided ( since I have horrible allergies) I'd try it. It tastes great! It was also very fast acting. Withing 20 minutes my nose was clear. My throat isn't itchy at all. I know it says it's for kids, but I think I might start taking this. It makes taking a medication I have to take more enjoyable!"

MrsGold310 April 19, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It took about a week of daily doses for loratadine to start affecting my allergies, but after that, it was great. If I stop taking it, symptoms return after 2-3 days. This is not a short-term fix drug. Try it at daily for at least 2 weeks before you decide if it works for you."

Anonymous February 23, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: "For a year or two my daughter and I have been using the generic, non-drowsy, version of this medicine. We use it to treat allergies, both seasonal and year-round. It is not always one hundred percent effective for the worst attacks, but it is very often successful, and best of all, it does not cause drowsiness. This is very important to us. "

wallywetlake November 18, 2010

For Urticaria: "I have been using generic loratadine for two weeks for itching and burning due to sunlight and becoming overheated. It works well but I do feel somewhat drowsy and unmotivated. I am sleeping much better than I usually do and recalling many more dreams which are generally quite pleasant."

Anonymous August 8, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This is the 2nd time in a month that I have suffered from dizziness and fatigue after taking Claritin. My blood pressure has dropped to 96/58 which is low even for me. I have always had lower than normal blood pressure. I last took Claritin on Thursday morning and this is Monday and can finally stand up without feeling dizzy."

Wendover June 14, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Didn't do much for my allergies. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took Claritin on two occasions to alleviate stuffy head colds and runny nose. I took 2 pills, one each on successive days about a month apart, and a day after taking them experienced both times a bloody nose. I am an older adult and haven't had a bloody nose since I was a child."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Slow to get going but lasts forever when activated."

billy killer August 24, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have taken Claritin for a number of years now. I have year round allergies and severe in season. I only take this when needed - I am not the take it as a preventative type. My experience is that Claritin is effective if taken on an empty stomach and when my allergies are on the mild to moderate side. If they are severe, it does not help."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Claritin seems to help for the first 2-3 day, but loses all effectiveness for me beyond that. All symptoms return."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Phenomenal medication for allergies especially this year and the past few years have gotten worse and worse. This is the only relieving medication I've found and is available over the counter. Also if you take other medications this seems to be much better and more compatible without interactions and is non-drowsy. Claritin (Loratadine) wins in my book."

craig764 May 24, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have tried it more than once. It was as if I took nothing. No help from taking it."

jonryan April 11, 2009

Claritin (loratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Works great, no side effects."

Anonymous April 7, 2009

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine) for Urticaria: "I have chronic hives and experience swelling of my lips. I've been taking Claritin Hives Relief for 7 days and have not had one break out. I've tried benedryl for months and found no relief. One Claritin a day and I'm free of hives."

Anonymous September 19, 2008

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine) for Urticaria: "This works fantastic for those who have allergic reactions to mosquitos and other insect bites. Both my daughter and I swell (3-5" plus) from mosquitos. Benadryl doesn't seem to work very well. However, in the summer we take 1 pill per day and it minimizes the swelling and itch. Yes, I've discussed this with a doctor and he was the one who recommended taking a pill a day beforehand."

Anonymous July 2, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This drug is very useful because it works well without any dizziness / fogginess. Works well with my eye allergies."

NickR March 28, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis: "In regards to Loratadine... the symptoms for overdose are absolutely correct. I have seasonal allergies and was trying a new (for me) over-the-counter drug. I thought it was like most other allergy drugs I had used so I took as needed. Six tablets in an 8 hour span was an OD and I got bad headaches, extreme sleepiness and dizziness(the next day), heartbeat seemed OK. My breathing and runny nose seemed to be pretty good though. I dont suggest using more than described on the bottle."

DrHow2 June 13, 2007