User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Bronchitis 20 reviews 287 medications

7.8
Cough 25 reviews 789 medications

6.5
Summary of Mucinex reviews 45 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Mucinex

For Bronchitis "I'm not sure mucinex works. I know it kept me wide awake. It was hard for me to sleep. When I was awake, In felt like my balance was off, so I felt dizzy. U couldn't go down spiral steps. I would not recommend it. "

Jesus Child April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Mucinex DM worked as advertised. It gets the job done after about 3-4 days of taking it."

Anthony M (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Gave me diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, stomach cramps, and even some numbness in tongue/face. Worse than the cough. Never again."

Jo731 January 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "The doctor gave me a sample of this when I complained of congestion. I took two tablets, which may have been too much since I developed the runs. I'll try it again, but only one tablet. Or, I may just get Robitussin since the doctor said that Mucinex is a magnified version of Robitussin."

CongestedKelley December 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Mucinex worked like a charm for me. When it ran out, I made the mistake of waiting a few days before I went out and got some more!!! Since I have Chronic Bronchitis, I will always have this medicine on hand. I had to see a doctor before taking it, since I am taking other medications, and had to make sure there would not be any dangerous interactions. This medicine is a wonder drug for me. I have now quit smoking, and am using nicotine gum. If your Bronchitis is caused by smoking, you also need to quit. The nicotine gum will keep your nerves calm, and that way you won't have to quit cold turkey. When on the gum, you can take care of the psychological withdrawls, and later take care of the physical withdrawls. Not both at same time."

pcworkman (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I had a bad chest infection and even after potent antibiotics took care of the infection I had a rattling cough and low grade fever My doctor Rxd Mucinex and I could not believe how well it broke up the congestion in my chest, made it easier for me to cough it all up As a result I finally got rid of the low grade fever also Finally, Guafenesin has been around forever as a remedy for fibromyalgia"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "This doesnt help at all I bought it or 4 yr old daughter and each time she took it the cough worsened I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

All12 September 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I took this attempting to get rid of a cough and chest congestion. I am a 105lb 30 year old female. I took one pill yesterday and felt a little better. That was a half does so today I tried 2 pills, a full dose. After feeling nauseous for several hours I finally threw up several times and am feeling much better. I will not be taking it again, and would rather allow the congestion to run its course."

Puppyloveg (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I was suffering from a severe virus-caused sore throat with terrible coughing. My PCP advised me to take Mucinex but at substantially greater dosage than the package recommends. I did so for about 3-4 weeks. The medication did help relieve my coughing, but it interfered so badly with my sleep that I had to discontinue taking it. I notice that other people have experienced sleep problems with Mucinex. There should be a warning about this on the package label."

Captain Jerry May 15, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "This medicine really helped me out with a bronchitis attack. I have been suffering with acute bronchitis for about 3 weeks now, after taking all of the medication that my doctor prescribed I still have no relief. After reading reviews I decided to give Mucinex (liquid) a try, to my surprise it really helps to bring up all of that sticky mucus that was stuck in my lungs. Although I'm not fully well yet, I can see better days ahead!"

Nina5621 May 10, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Helped loosen this putty gunk in my lungs making my coughing more effective and less effort required."

Carranetta (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I would give this a zero out of ten if it was possible. I rarely get sick but I have been having a lot of trouble with a runny nose and coughing up mucus. This "medicine" doesn't do anything. Not only does it taste terrible but it's useless. Followed instructions and I'm on day 7 with the same problems. Avoid this stuff"

sy91 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "One of the best thing for coughs. The Mucinex DX green does a great job of thinning mucus as well as stopping cough. The blue is good for colds and allergies without cough. I prefer the 600 mg tables. For me, they wear off after five hours. Take with a lot of water. The more water the better it works. 16ozs every 90 minutes makes it work the best."

EricfromNC (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I swear by this stuff. (I'm talking about Musinex's version of TheraFlu, it's fairly new-maybe last year it was put on the shelves) I have tried nearly every cold remedy in the history of the world from teas to drugs to more wholesome remedies but nothing has actually ever worked. This stuff actually reduces the duration of my colds and the severity of colds within the first day. Drink it in the morning and once before bed and you should be golden in 2 days. I'm more of that summertime cold-getter and it works like magic every time."

HaleyR October 28, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "It works good, you will feel the congestion breaking down. It does make you cough more to loosen up mucus and yes you probably will stay up a bit a night. I took the pill not liquid. Have to say I was surprised."

DelvaDoll (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For Fibromyalgia: I have been taking two 600 mg tabs per day of the 100% guafenesin Mucinex since June 2014. Previously was on Lyrica (I now have liver damage I think was caused from that and Cymbalta) which really didn't seem to help much. Can't claim to be totally pain free because it appears I have a "weather" body. Whenever a high pressure storm system comes in, my pain levels go up. I am convinced however that guafenesin therapy works. I have seen other websites that say it is only having a placebo effect, but then how do you explain those people who accidentally helped themselves stop fibro pain when they took it for sinus problems? I now have to be very careful what I take due to liver problems and guaf has no side effects... So? :)"

Joy M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I have been taking Mucinex for about 5 months.... one in a.m. and another at 8pm. I took it because I could not swallow any phlegm and it was difficult coughing it up. My esophagus muscles are very weak and the phlegm would block my air waves. Recently I have developed severe dry mouth as a side affect. I stopped the p.m. pill, and use biotene gel, toothpaste and mouth rinse.... still no relief. If anyone has had this problem, please let me know."

Mattie138 March 24, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I took Mucinex, It works wonders but the smell/tastes of it is horrible."

WhatIsANickName (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2015

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Mucinex is great for decongesting your lungs. Didn't have any part in helping my Fibromyalgia pain."

windickey (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Had a terrible dry cough and Mucinex helped break the cough. It was easier for me to cough up my phlegm."

Anonymous January 4, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "My cough was so bad that I now have an umbilical hernia but the Mucinex worked. I only took it in the morning because it did cause sleeplessness."

agrum December 31, 2014

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "52 currently, Fibromyalgia began about 16 yrs ago.. Last few years have been really tough, and in discussing at deer camp with friends, one of them mentioned Mucinex. Read up, bought the 600 and raised it to 1200's the next week. My pain is at least reduced by 50%! I'm hearing other supplements in conjunction could help even more but for the moment I'm very pleased to have been told about Mucinex!"

JohnSS (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I've been up for hours throwing up and diarrhea after taking this."

Anonymous October 20, 2014

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "After all the treatments I had from the doctor, nothing really suppressed the cough, which I have had for years. After taking Mucinex, my cough and the associated Phlegm has almost disappeared. I am a 74 yr old male but my side effects seem to be the opposite to others. i.e. I am doing more sleeping than normal, at any time night or day, but thank heavens for the cessation of cough."

jimbob 97683 October 15, 2014

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia "Unbelievable is all I can say! I could not have doubted this more, but after suffering night after night with horrendous back pain, I sat up at 3am searching the internet for some herb or vitamin I had dismissed the 100 other times I had sat up on the night in pain. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but no more so than anything else I had tried. I started with 1200mg and have remained on that and I feel better than I have in years. I urge you to try this. It has changed my life!"

Poodle Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2014