User Reviews for Mucinex

Learn more about Mucinex.

Bronchitis 18 reviews 285 medications

7.9
Cough 20 reviews 784 medications

6.9
Summary of Mucinex reviews 38 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Mucinex

For Cough "I took this attempting to get rid of a cough and chest congestion. I am a 105lb 30 year old female. I took one pill yesterday and felt a little better. That was a half does so today I tried 2 pills, a full dose. After feeling nauseous for several hours I finally threw up several times and am feeling much better. I will not be taking it again, and would rather allow the congestion to run its course."

Puppyloveg (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Cough "I was suffering from a severe virus-caused sore throat with terrible coughing. My PCP advised me to take Mucinex but at substantially greater dosage than the package recommends. I did so for about 3-4 weeks. The medication did help relieve my coughing, but it interfered so badly with my sleep that I had to discontinue taking it. I notice that other people have experienced sleep problems with Mucinex. There should be a warning about this on the package label."

Captain Jerry May 15, 2016

For Bronchitis "This medicine really helped me out with a bronchitis attack. I have been suffering with acute bronchitis for about 3 weeks now, after taking all of the medication that my doctor prescribed I still have no relief. After reading reviews I decided to give Mucinex (liquid) a try, to my surprise it really helps to bring up all of that sticky mucus that was stuck in my lungs. Although I'm not fully well yet, I can see better days ahead!"

Nina5621 May 10, 2016

For Bronchitis "Helped loosen this putty gunk in my lungs making my coughing more effective and less effort required."

Carranetta (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Cough "I would give this a zero out of ten if it was possible. I rarely get sick but I have been having a lot of trouble with a runny nose and coughing up mucus. This "medicine" doesn't do anything. Not only does it taste terrible but it's useless. Followed instructions and I'm on day 7 with the same problems. Avoid this stuff"

sy91 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Cough "One of the best thing for coughs. The Mucinex DX green does a great job of thinning mucus as well as stopping cough. The blue is good for colds and allergies without cough. I prefer the 600 mg tables. For me, they wear off after five hours. Take with a lot of water. The more water the better it works. 16ozs every 90 minutes makes it work the best."

EricfromNC (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Cough "I swear by this stuff. (I'm talking about Musinex's version of TheraFlu, it's fairly new-maybe last year it was put on the shelves) I have tried nearly every cold remedy in the history of the world from teas to drugs to more wholesome remedies but nothing has actually ever worked. This stuff actually reduces the duration of my colds and the severity of colds within the first day. Drink it in the morning and once before bed and you should be golden in 2 days. I'm more of that summertime cold-getter and it works like magic every time."

HaleyR October 28, 2015

For Bronchitis "It works good, you will feel the congestion breaking down. It does make you cough more to loosen up mucus and yes you probably will stay up a bit a night. I took the pill not liquid. Have to say I was surprised."

DelvaDoll (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

"For Fibromyalgia: I have been taking two 600 mg tabs per day of the 100% guafenesin Mucinex since June 2014. Previously was on Lyrica (I now have liver damage I think was caused from that and Cymbalta) which really didn't seem to help much. Can't claim to be totally pain free because it appears I have a "weather" body. Whenever a high pressure storm system comes in, my pain levels go up. I am convinced however that guafenesin therapy works. I have seen other websites that say it is only having a placebo effect, but then how do you explain those people who accidentally helped themselves stop fibro pain when they took it for sinus problems? I now have to be very careful what I take due to liver problems and guaf has no side effects... So? :)"

Joy M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2015

For Cough "I have been taking Mucinex for about 5 months.... one in a.m. and another at 8pm. I took it because I could not swallow any phlegm and it was difficult coughing it up. My esophagus muscles are very weak and the phlegm would block my air waves. Recently I have developed severe dry mouth as a side affect. I stopped the p.m. pill, and use biotene gel, toothpaste and mouth rinse.... still no relief. If anyone has had this problem, please let me know."

Mattie138 March 24, 2015

For Bronchitis "I took Mucinex, It works wonders but the smell/tastes of it is horrible."

WhatIsANickName (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Mucinex is great for decongesting your lungs. Didn't have any part in helping my Fibromyalgia pain."

windickey (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015

For Cough "Had a terrible dry cough and Mucinex helped break the cough. It was easier for me to cough up my phlegm."

Anonymous January 4, 2015

For Cough "My cough was so bad that I now have an umbilical hernia but the Mucinex worked. I only took it in the morning because it did cause sleeplessness."

agrum December 31, 2014

For Fibromyalgia "52 currently, Fibromyalgia began about 16 yrs ago.. Last few years have been really tough, and in discussing at deer camp with friends, one of them mentioned Mucinex. Read up, bought the 600 and raised it to 1200's the next week. My pain is at least reduced by 50%! I'm hearing other supplements in conjunction could help even more but for the moment I'm very pleased to have been told about Mucinex!"

JohnSS (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

For Cough "I've been up for hours throwing up and diarrhea after taking this."

Anonymous October 20, 2014

For Cough "After all the treatments I had from the doctor, nothing really suppressed the cough, which I have had for years. After taking Mucinex, my cough and the associated Phlegm has almost disappeared. I am a 74 yr old male but my side effects seem to be the opposite to others. i.e. I am doing more sleeping than normal, at any time night or day, but thank heavens for the cessation of cough."

jimbob 97683 October 15, 2014

For Fibromyalgia "Unbelievable is all I can say! I could not have doubted this more, but after suffering night after night with horrendous back pain, I sat up at 3am searching the internet for some herb or vitamin I had dismissed the 100 other times I had sat up on the night in pain. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but no more so than anything else I had tried. I started with 1200mg and have remained on that and I feel better than I have in years. I urge you to try this. It has changed my life!"

Poodle Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Couldn't believe it could be true but it was. Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I read about Mucinex for fibromyalgia; read that it is a muscle relaxant and enhances the analgesic effect of aspirin and Tylenol; and is enhanced by magnesium. Went out and bought the 800 mg with 2 aspirin and some magnesium citrate, and it worked! The pain just seems to dissolve away. I continue to take 800mg (2, 400mg immediate release tablets) with aspirin and magnesium, three times a day, or 1200 mg twice a day. "

gloe September 19, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I was sick with sinus infection and was taking Mucinex. I thought to myself, I am going to be extra sore since I am home from work and resting more than usual because I was not feeling well. I was shocked when after taking Mucinex for a few days, my pain was gone. No more tender spots. My arms had been really bad lately and when I touched them, they were no longer sore. I had no idea of the connection at the time. I googled Mucinex and was amazed that I found studies that something for a cold could possibly help with fibromyalgia. I stopped taking it and the symptoms came back so I started taking it again. I take 2-3 400mg a day. I call this experience accidentally on purpose. It may not work for everyone as we're all different but its worth trying."

komwill September 16, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Cough "The side effect was sleeplessness. First night, I was up until 4:00 AM, next night up until 07:00AM and again last night I could not sleep. I was taking the Mucinex as prescribed every 12 hours."

Dilli (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2014

For Fibromyalgia "With moderate to severe fibromyalgia for 12 years I lost my career and lived in fear of having a life to avoid a flare-up. I have tried every antidepressant, serotonin uptake inhibitor, pain medicine, anti-inflammatory.... you all know, with major side effects that only contributed to fibromyalgia symptoms. March 2014 I got a cold and used Mucinex for the first time and could not believe the relief. I have prayed for someone to invent a NEW MEDICINE for fibromyalgia that would work and it turned out this OLD MEDICINE has returned my life to me. Thank God for Mucinex!"

Melody11728 July 5, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I've tried dozens of therapies and medicines. Mucinex does better than them all. Since taking it, my pain levels have gone down by 90%. Mucinex doesn't work for everyone. But it's cheap and over the counter. What's the harm in trying? I wish a doctor or website had suggested I try it - would have saved me years of pain."

AmitPAmin June 15, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started using 1200mg 2x a day about 5 days ago and it really works. I can't believe it truly works."

nina2 May 19, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I also take Mucinex and have since 2003. As I have read the reviews I have not read any mention of having to remove salicylates from all topical products. Been on Guiafenesin for 10 years and has helped me greatly. "

Ninasell198 March 20, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate