User Reviews for Mucinex

Cough
6.5

Summary of Mucinex reviews 7.4 61 reviews

Reviews for Mucinex

For Cough "I am coughing up of all kinds of mucus and I want to sleep.. that's not going to happen. Wish I never took it."

Bonnie (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Bronchitis "I have used it twice now. And it feels like it makes me worse. I cough so hard that my back and my stomach is now hurting. My cough is so deep and nothing is coming up. It just makes me cough non-atop. However I'm not taking any today I'm also not coughing so I put the two together when you take it it makes you cough unfortunately in my case nothing came up"

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bronchitis "I read many reviews some positive and some negative. But people need to remember it will work for some and others it won't. In the 80's my allergist prescribed "Guaifenesin" for me. It really was the best for me. Then it was taken off the market for a while. Several months I was looking for something to help me with my congestion and allergies. Found Mucinex and have been using it as needed and I feel great."

Dedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

For Bronchitis "Great results for bronchial congestion /mucus build up."

Deecough (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Bronchitis "Made me worse. Stomach issues and did nothing for my cough and sinus drainage. Would not recommend."

Sheryl S February 25, 2018

For Bronchitis "In our home Mucinex is the go to when we start getting sinussy ,mucousy and sickly. It helps fast, glad these products are available! We use the liquid for our 9 year old! And it usually always works! Thank you Mrs. Perez"

SherrieP February 17, 2018

For Cough "I had the flu and night coughing was keeping the family from sleeping. I tried everything!! This worked the first night. I noticed it made my throat feel dry & sore. Drink plenty of water."

Melfel February 7, 2018

For Cough "Worked well after I started guzzling water. It did nothing before that. Thing is, nowhere on the liquid Musinex DM packaging does it say to ensure to drink lots of water. If water is essential to its effectiveness, I’d think the company would want folks to get plenty hydrated. This method combined with an inhaler to calm coughing spasms and I feel progress in kicking my flu remnants. Good luck."

Eartheditor (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

For Bronchitis "I'm reading a lot of reports of Mucinex making people feel worse, as is the case with me. The main ingredient apparently thins down your mucus so basically, while already sick, this medicine gives you a runny nose. I've taken Mucinez twice and both same results."

Yoonieman (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2018

For Bronchitis "I took it for about 8 days and when taking the one every 12 hours and plenty of liquids along with Nyquil......I am so much better. Should be good in a few more days!"

Water melon head December 7, 2017

For Bronchitis "Jayce Wyatt My chronic bronchitis started out with post-nasal drip and a cough and I felt tired and turned in early. The next day the cough got worse and I felt lousy, so I called in sick. I felt steadily worse for another day, then on day three the fever started, and I couldn't sleep for more than an hour or so at a time for a whole week. When I went to the doctor I was given a Z-Pak, albuterol inhaler (the only thing that did me any good), oral steroids, cough pearls which didn't do any good, and was told to take Mucinex. In all, the fever lasted six days. I coughed so much I hurt my back and ended up in the emergency room because my back went into such spasms I couldn't move without extreme pain. They shot me full of morphine."

jaycewwe November 2, 2017

For Cough "Out of a dozen over the counter and homebrew/natural remedies for persistent cough (which lasted well after any other symptoms of the cold virus/mild flu that I experienced a month or more ago) that I tried, Mucinex DM is the only one to give me any real relief from an urge to cough thru the day. I sleep just fine but don't feel anything like post nasal drip, or acid reflux or any obvious culprit. I did go to the clinic that I could afford to, got a shot, an inhaler and an antibiotics script. That worked a bit, for about a week, but when the cough came back, Mucinex did just about the same job. Not a perfect solution by any means but when I compared it to the other brands of things tried it was fine"

AnonymousScott October 15, 2017

For Bronchitis "I had tried this product in 2005.... and it was not effective. So I gave it another chance to so call redeem itself. Well, this is definitely not for me, it made me feel worst, I developed a headache"

Choo Indigo October 14, 2017

For Cough "I had a Cough, runny nose, allergies, Then lungs got congested and major wheezing. Normally I will just take cetirizine when its allergy season, but this time my chest was in play. I looked all over the house for my bottle of Mucinex. Couldn't find it. I suffered for a couple of days with a nasty cough and gook in my lungs trying to sleep and make it through the day. After realizing I left it at our 2nd home I headed for the store. Bought the 1200mg time release (1st time), usually, I would get the 600mg. Within an hour the wheezing stopped. I am writing this comment because it works fabulously for me. I have told many of my friends and it has worked for them. Not one complaint. When I have chest congestion I will always take Mucinex. It truly works. For those that say it doesn't work, I find that hard to believe."

Matteo B (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2017

For Cough "I have taken Mucinex for many years with no ill effects, but during this latest bout with chest congestion, when I took it , each of the three times, I experienced horrible, horrible nightmares. My adult daughter had a similar experience when taking it a few months ago. Was this a new "batch" of ingredients or were alternatives used? I have no idea what might have caused this reaction, but I am very wary of trying it again."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2017

For Cough "I took one and I feel like I'm high. I am so dizzy I can't see straight I feel like I'm floating. There is no way am I taking this again."

Super dizzy never again May 19, 2017

For Bronchitis "I'm not sure mucinex works. I know it kept me wide awake. It was hard for me to sleep. When I was awake, In felt like my balance was off, so I felt dizzy. U couldn't go down spiral steps. I would not recommend it. "

Jesus Child April 10, 2017

For Cough "Mucinex DM worked as advertised. It gets the job done after about 3-4 days of taking it."

Anthony M (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

For Cough "Gave me diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, stomach cramps, and even some numbness in tongue/face. Worse than the cough. Never again."

Jo731 January 15, 2017

For Cough "The doctor gave me a sample of this when I complained of congestion. I took two tablets, which may have been too much since I developed the runs. I'll try it again, but only one tablet. Or, I may just get Robitussin since the doctor said that Mucinex is a magnified version of Robitussin."

CongestedKelley December 23, 2016

For Bronchitis "Mucinex worked like a charm for me. When it ran out, I made the mistake of waiting a few days before I went out and got some more!!! Since I have Chronic Bronchitis, I will always have this medicine on hand. I had to see a doctor before taking it, since I am taking other medications, and had to make sure there would not be any dangerous interactions. This medicine is a wonder drug for me. I have now quit smoking, and am using nicotine gum. If your Bronchitis is caused by smoking, you also need to quit. The nicotine gum will keep your nerves calm, and that way you won't have to quit cold turkey. When on the gum, you can take care of the psychological withdrawls, and later take care of the physical withdrawls. Not both at same time."

pcworkman (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

For Cough "I had a bad chest infection and even after potent antibiotics took care of the infection I had a rattling cough and low grade fever My doctor Rxd Mucinex and I could not believe how well it broke up the congestion in my chest, made it easier for me to cough it all up As a result I finally got rid of the low grade fever also Finally, Guafenesin has been around forever as a remedy for fibromyalgia"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Cough "This doesnt help at all I bought it or 4 yr old daughter and each time she took it the cough worsened I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

All12 September 26, 2016

For Cough "I took this attempting to get rid of a cough and chest congestion. I am a 105lb 30 year old female. I took one pill yesterday and felt a little better. That was a half does so today I tried 2 pills, a full dose. After feeling nauseous for several hours I finally threw up several times and am feeling much better. I will not be taking it again, and would rather allow the congestion to run its course."

Puppyloveg (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Cough "I was suffering from a severe virus-caused sore throat with terrible coughing. My PCP advised me to take Mucinex but at substantially greater dosage than the package recommends. I did so for about 3-4 weeks. The medication did help relieve my coughing, but it interfered so badly with my sleep that I had to discontinue taking it. I notice that other people have experienced sleep problems with Mucinex. There should be a warning about this on the package label."

Captain Jerry May 15, 2016