User Reviews for Mucinex

Mucinex Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 125 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Mucinex to treat Bronchitis

"I read many reviews some positive and some negative. But people need to remember it will work for some and others it won't. In the 80's my allergist prescribed "Guaifenesin" for me. It really was the best for me. Then it was taken off the market for a while. Several months I was looking for something to help me with my congestion and allergies. Found Mucinex and have been using it as needed and I feel great."

Dedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

"Great results for bronchial congestion /mucus build up."

Deecough (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

"Made me worse. Stomach issues and did nothing for my cough and sinus drainage. Would not recommend."

Sheryl S February 25, 2018

"In our home Mucinex is the go to when we start getting sinussy ,mucousy and sickly. It helps fast, glad these products are available! We use the liquid for our 9 year old! And it usually always works! Thank you Mrs. Perez"

SherrieP February 17, 2018

"I'm reading a lot of reports of Mucinex making people feel worse, as is the case with me. The main ingredient apparently thins down your mucus so basically, while already sick, this medicine gives you a runny nose. I've taken Mucinez twice and both same results."

Yoonieman (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2018

"I took it for about 8 days and when taking the one every 12 hours and plenty of liquids along with Nyquil......I am so much better. Should be good in a few more days!"

Water melon head December 7, 2017

"Jayce Wyatt My chronic bronchitis started out with post-nasal drip and a cough and I felt tired and turned in early. The next day the cough got worse and I felt lousy, so I called in sick. I felt steadily worse for another day, then on day three the fever started, and I couldn't sleep for more than an hour or so at a time for a whole week. When I went to the doctor I was given a Z-Pak, albuterol inhaler (the only thing that did me any good), oral steroids, cough pearls which didn't do any good, and was told to take Mucinex. In all, the fever lasted six days. I coughed so much I hurt my back and ended up in the emergency room because my back went into such spasms I couldn't move without extreme pain. They shot me full of morphine."

jaycewwe November 2, 2017

"I had tried this product in 2005.... and it was not effective. So I gave it another chance to so call redeem itself. Well, this is definitely not for me, it made me feel worst, I developed a headache"

Choo Indigo October 14, 2017

"I'm not sure mucinex works. I know it kept me wide awake. It was hard for me to sleep. When I was awake, In felt like my balance was off, so I felt dizzy. U couldn't go down spiral steps. I would not recommend it. "

Jesus Child April 10, 2017

"Mucinex worked like a charm for me. When it ran out, I made the mistake of waiting a few days before I went out and got some more!!! Since I have Chronic Bronchitis, I will always have this medicine on hand. I had to see a doctor before taking it, since I am taking other medications, and had to make sure there would not be any dangerous interactions. This medicine is a wonder drug for me. I have now quit smoking, and am using nicotine gum. If your Bronchitis is caused by smoking, you also need to quit. The nicotine gum will keep your nerves calm, and that way you won't have to quit cold turkey. When on the gum, you can take care of the psychological withdrawls, and later take care of the physical withdrawls. Not both at same time."

pcworkman (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

"This medicine really helped me out with a bronchitis attack. I have been suffering with acute bronchitis for about 3 weeks now, after taking all of the medication that my doctor prescribed I still have no relief. After reading reviews I decided to give Mucinex (liquid) a try, to my surprise it really helps to bring up all of that sticky mucus that was stuck in my lungs. Although I'm not fully well yet, I can see better days ahead!"

Nina5621 May 10, 2016

"Helped loosen this putty gunk in my lungs making my coughing more effective and less effort required."

Carranetta (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

"It works good, you will feel the congestion breaking down. It does make you cough more to loosen up mucus and yes you probably will stay up a bit a night. I took the pill not liquid. Have to say I was surprised."

DelvaDoll (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

"I took Mucinex, It works wonders but the smell/tastes of it is horrible."

WhatIsANickName (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2015

"I took Mucinex for a bad case of bronchitis. It worked very well and I was finally able to stop coughing and start breathing again. The only problem was that it interfered with my sleep. I was awake most of the night and was not tired the next day. I had to quit taking it."

SaraJF (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2014

"Took this medication for a chest cough before I went to bed. Woke up in the night with severe nausea and felt dizzy. Tried it again a week later and same happened. I know other people who swear by it."

melroseave February 23, 2014

"Mucinex is great and it works well but whatever you do, DO NOT take it on an empty stomach. I did this morning and as the day went by I kept feeling worse and worse. When I finally got the chance to eat something, my stomach was so upset that it just came right back up. Again, its a great medication but eat something before taking it."

nascar18 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2013

"This med works great for congestion associated with a cold. As someone else stated... It does give you some really strange dreams though!"

Anonymous February 26, 2012

"My doctor recommend this for me when I had bronchitis. It worked wonders. Now every time I feel that wet cough coming back, I pull this out. "

Anonymous November 6, 2011

"It works great, yet makes urine incredibly stinky. "

Anonymous May 29, 2011

"Mucinex works great for colds and to help get the nasty stuff up before it takes root in the lungs, but for Bronchitis you will definitely need something much stronger (see a doctor) unless you want to be sick for about 4 weeks."

Imsick86 December 23, 2010

"I've had bronchitis for several weeks now and this medicine made such a difference since I took it today. I am so grateful someone came up with this medicine. So far very pleased with the product."

Anonymous December 20, 2010

"Made coughing a lot easier after feeling like I was going to die from the phlegm that was blocking my air passage. I didn't give it a full 10 because it gave me a slight headache and a bit numb/tingling feeling all over my body but nothing to be alarmed about. Oh my goodness what a difference. I can breathe and finally sleep knowing I'm not going to choke to death. Thank you Mucinex."

coughing easy December 6, 2010

"I've tried this twice, once for allergy related coughing and bronchitis. For some reason, for me, this medicine always makes me cough more than I need to. It does thin the phlegm and helps make my coughs productive, but when I need to sleep this isn't the medicine I can take at night. I use Robitussin DM for nighttime use."

Anonymous April 2, 2010

"This drug is a lifesaver for my wife, but take it at the very first sign of trouble, and drink lots of water with it."

Anonymous November 6, 2009