Generic name: guaifenesin
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 23, 2020.
Active ingredient (in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
Guaifenesin 600 mg
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Do not use
- for children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for the timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer 934P, NF; FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 600 mg Tablet Carton
600 mg guaifenesin extended-release bi-layer tablets
NEW LOOK –
- Thins And Loosens Mucus
- Relieves Chest Congestion
20 EXTENDED-RELEASE BI-LAYER TABLETS
guaifenesin tablet, extended release
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser, Inc. (094405024)|
Frequently asked questions
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- Has anyone used expired Mucinex and had it worked?
- Is it OK to take Excedrin with Mucinex D?
- What is the dose for an adult for Robitussin DM? How many times a day?
More about Mucinex (guaifenesin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 91 Reviews
- Drug class: expectorants