Has anyone used expired Mucinex and had it worked?
I have Mucinex that is exactly one year expired. I know that the general rule is don’t take expired medicine, it might not work or even harm. I also know that with expiration dates they ere on the side of caution, and sometimes medicines are still effective past the date. Anyone know? Thanks.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Dec 17, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Throw it out! The expiration date is the final day that the manufacturer guarantees the full potency and safety of a medication.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the dose for an adult for Robitussin DM? How many times a day?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- Is it OK to take Excedrin with Mucinex D?
- Mucinex Information for Consumers
- Mucinex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mucinex (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Mucinex (117 questions, 65 members)