Has anyone used expired Mucinex and had it worked?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 27, 2023.
I have Mucinex that is exactly one year expired. I know that the general rule is don’t take expired medicine, it might not work or even harm. I also know that with expiration dates they ere on the side of caution, and sometimes medicines are still effective past the date. Anyone know? Thanks.
Throw it out! The expiration date is the final day that the manufacturer guarantees the full potency and safety of a medication.
Related medical questions
- Can you take Mucinex and Nyquil together?
- Does Mucinex help with a sore throat?
- Does Mucinex help with Covid?
- Does Mucinex help you get pregnant?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- Is it OK to take Excedrin with Mucinex D?
- Over the Counter Medication for Pets
- What is the dose for an adult for Robitussin DM? How many times a day?
- The Do's and Don'ts of Cough and Cold Medicines
- Mucinex Information for Consumers
- Mucinex prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Mucinex (detailed)
Related support groups
- Mucinex (85 questions, 71 members)