Is it OK to take Excedrin with Mucinex D?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2023.
My son took Mucinex D and he still has a head ache. What can he take with Mucinex D?
You can take Excedrin (acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine) or any other acetaminophen or ibuprofen (provided ibuprofen is not contraindicated in the patients circumstance) containing pain relief with Mucinex D.
Mucinex D contains guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine, which are not pain relief medicines. Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth. Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).
Related medical questions
- Can you take Mucinex and Nyquil together?
- Does Mucinex help with a sore throat?
- Does Mucinex help with Covid?
- Does Mucinex help you get pregnant?
- I have high blood pressure. Can I take Mucinex DM safely?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- Can I take Claritin with Mucinex DM?
- Has anyone used expired Mucinex and had it worked?
- Over the Counter Medication for Pets
- What is the dose for an adult for Robitussin DM? How many times a day?
- The Do's and Don'ts of Cough and Cold Medicines