User Reviews for Mucinex D

Cough and Nasal Congestion
6.4

Summary of Mucinex D reviews 6.4 186 reviews

Reviews for Mucinex D

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took Mucinex D last night because of slight congestion. It’s currently 4 am and I have the PSAT in 4 hours. I’m wide awake with my heart pounding and ears rushing. Thought it was the the worst case of test taking anxiety I’ve had but alas, it was the Mucinex ( the pseudoephedrine part). I do NOT recommend this for night use."

ThanksMucinex October 10, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took this medicine at 8 pm hoping I would go to sleep normally and just feel better in the morning. Here I am at 1:36 am WIDE AWAKE with 0 sleep and 0 sleepiness which is super frustrating since I have a whole day of work starting at 8:30 am. I didn't know the pseudoephedrine ingredient was so potent at keeping you awake your sleep, if I had known I would have definitely not taken this. My heart is racing and I just feel really anxious, I’m hoping this feeling will go away soon as I’m getting worried."

AG September 19, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I wish people would stop posting “Stay away from this.” It all depends on the person, your symptoms and if it’s worth it. Yes- the Pseudoephedrine will keep you up. It’s a stimulant and it’s the reason you have to sign for this drug...because it falls into a amphetamine class. For me, it’s been great. I had horrible sinus pressure around my nose that was making my teeth, jaw and head hurt. I’m fairly certain this drug is helping with that and it was painful! Now it’s only a little twingy. It’s also helped to reduce my runny nose to a trickle and not a faucet. It’s been worth it for me. It’s important to educate yourself about drugs so you know when is the best time to take it, and you don’t want to take this at night unless you’re so miserable that you won’t mind not sleeping to feel better."

Heather (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Well, since I’m writing this at 4:36 am, then you will know why. I took the first pill at 4pm when I bought it. I haven’t noticed much difference in my cough or mucous but I CAN NOT SLEEP. I'm not even close to tired. My kids will be waking up in a few hours. How in the world will I function through tomorrow? Never ever again. I do not recommend the pseodoephdrine keeps you awake. Your body does it’s best healing while you’re sleeping. Well...."

Nova (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "All I do is simply plan taking this in relation to my sleep routine. I take it in the morning and then that way it has no effect on my sleep and it gives me the entire day to expel whatever needs to come out."

Chace’s dad (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This is going into the trash. I took this at 4pm. It cleared my nose but my cough is still out of control. I took my nightly melatonin at around 10:30pm and went right to sleep. It’s now almost 4am. I’ve been up for two hours and will probably be up until I have to get to the gym and work in a couple of hours. Avoid this stuff, the pseudoephedrine keeps you awake."

Shirley (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Well, like practically every other user here, I am up staring at the walls ! I’m sick I had just needed good nights sleep but that’s not happening on this medication !!! You will NOT be able to get any sleep at all due to the pseudoephedrine ! Most of us can’t afford to donate a nights sleep take a cold medication . It’s pricey and the side effects are beyond ridiculous ! However I don’t care how much I paid for tomorrow it’s going in the trash !! I just want to sleep but it’s nowhere in sight !!!!"

Re (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

"I was between getting this or sudafed. Looked up pros and cons and main con of mucinex with the decongestant was that you may have difficulty sleeping. I thought “how bad could it be” and went with mucinex. Took at about 9pm. Slept for a bit at 11pm but it’s now 4:30am and been wide awake since 2. It had a minimal effect on my symptoms. Now I get to roll still feeling sick and with 3 hours of sleep. Not worth it at all IMO"

Tobi (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Terrible product! Won't buy it ever again. I took it at 9 p.m. Unfortunately without checking the side effects. My cough is somehow got better but it's 2 a.m. and I'm still anxiously awake! I have a toddler, I can't afford to stay awake when he is finally asleep. Don't buy it! Not worth it!"

Csandi February 6, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I was starting to feel like a head and sinus condition coming on and with our tropical vacay coming up in 10 days, I for sure wanted to kick it in the butt. Well, I took my first dose this evening at 9 pm, went to bed because of an early work schedule and slept soundly till 11:30 pm. It is now 2:30 am and I have experienced rapid heart beat, nausea and jittery. I laid there for 2 hrs thinking I could go back to sleep, and here I am. Kinda wished the pharmacist would have given me a heads up. Now this is kickin me in the butt!"

IAawake February 2, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Mucinex D does its' job well but the side effects are ridiculous. I've been sleep deprived for 2 days because of this drug, and so I stopped taking it. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG WITHIN 12 HOURS BEFORE YOU SLEEP!"

Jonnyboy777 February 1, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I’m not coughing!! I think this will keep my sinuses from getting infected. I’m going to take NyQuil Cough at night as this seems to keep people awake. I don’t loathe price, but if it can clear me up and get me past the drainage and cough..."

Helped January 31, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This is my second day taking Mucinex for a bad cold. It’s not worth it! It has cleared my nose and throat completely but I CANNOT GET ANY SLEEP! Which is the pseudoephedrine side effect. I feel more miserable not being able to sleep than I did with the cold! On top of that my heart has been racing for hours and I started to get very anxious and nervous. I took this yesterday at 6pm, it’s now 3am and I’m wide awake. Never again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took it at about 5 pm today when my cough was getting worse. It is now 5:30 am and I haven't slept one bit. I am so jittery, nauseous, and dizzy. My heart is racing and my whole body is shaking. My cough is significantly better but the fact that I will not be getting sleep tonight for even a minute is quite the turn off. I will never take this drug again."

Julzuk January 22, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took one pill at 8pm. It’s now 3:32am and my Apple Watch just calculated a 116bpm heart rate. I’m also coughing so hard my rib is twinging. I think this drug is a hit or miss... my husband who took it is sound asleep next to me."

Ash Houston (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I confess that the price on this one gave me a bit of sticker shock. But after two days of little sleep with a stuffy nose from a cold...well, desperate times. The pills are large - something to take into consideration - but these work AMAZINGLY well! The presence of pseudoephedrine makes these difficult to find; you can't order them online and you have to show a license to get your hands on them in the store. But they're worth the trouble. The first night I took them I slept all night. It did give me heart palpitations, due to the pseudoephedrine, a stimulant, but in my case that's a side effect I was willing to live with. I hate to spend money (these cost us $32) but the great results made me a believer in this case!"

Erin_C_MA January 5, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took one around 7:30 at night and I’ve probably slept a few hours. I already have bad anxiety and a panic disorder so this just pushed my anxiety through the roof. My nose feels so much better but having this feeling is not worth it at all. I have the jitters, heart racing, and almost full panic attack. For other with this problem I don’t recommend taking it at night and just be super cautious during the day. I’ll be staring at the wall for the next couple hours waiting for this to pass."

So much anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This medicine cleared my nose but also made me feel dizzy, gave me tremors, nausea, and made my heart POUND. I felt awful after taking this and wouldn't recommend to anyone."

Mitsy198879u December 16, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Made the cough go away, two days later and zero hours of sleep. Give me the cough all day. Honestly this things make you feel like your on drugs. If you are trying to achieve a legal high that you can buy at the store this is for you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING"

DC87 November 22, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "So, I am not one to take medications much and I don't take any medicine on a regular basis, but Mucinex D is definitely a must in my medicine cabinet for that severe once a year bug. It CAN cause sleeplessness in the night but with that in mind I usually take it at 7 am and 7 pm if I even take a second dose at all during a 24 hour period. I cannot sleep when I get a cold and though this medication can keep me awake, it is still a better alternative to suffering through a night of clearing my throat and getting up to blow my nose multiple times. For the record I only take 1 at a time and have quick results with no other side effects besides the sleeplessness. Choose wisely y'all, this stuff can be a miracle if you need one."

Cfen (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Recommended by a doctor who knows I don't like to take medication, I went to him with a bad cold ,stuffed nose , and sore throat. Took 2 pills at about noon and symptoms cleared up amazingly quickly . Took 2 about 11:30 at night , went to bed and now it's almost 2 AM and I'm still wide awake. I wish the doctor had warned me, and there definitely should have been a warning on the box....when one is sick one should be able to rest and this is the opposite, and I have a full workday tomorrow and should be at work by 9. I found this site trying to figure out why I am so wide awake"

Spag (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took Mucinex D 600mg twice a day. It works to clear up sinus problems but don't take it at night or you want sleep any. I have also cut mine down to one due to the staggering effect it has given me. Feels like I have been drinking with my left ear stopped up."

Coollady (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It literally kept me up from 9 PM until 9 AM I couldn't sleep at all"

NO SLEEP!! (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "For those experiencing nervousness and jitters just keep in mind pseudoephedrine is a stimulant drug similar to amphetamine and methamphetamine. All cold drugs names with a "D" after them have pseudoephedrine so get the same drug with out the "D" in its name"

molsen13 August 1, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Make sure to take it early in the morning when you have just wake up because you will be awake for hours. Do not take it before sleep like I did, unless you want to stay awake until 6 am following day. Other than that it works"

Anonymous23., July 14, 2017