User Reviews for Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Bromfed DM, Resperal-DM, Dimetane DX, Brometane DX, Histacol BD Drops, EndaCof PD Drops, PediaHist DM, BroveX PSE DM Tablets, BroveX PSE DM, BroveX PSB DM, Anaplex DMX, BromTann/DM Tann/PSE Tann, Bromdex D, Dallergy DM, Bromanate DX Cough, Bromatane DX, Bromophed-DX, Bromadine-DM, Anaplex DM, Bromphenex DM, Brotapp-DM, Andehist DM NR Syrup, Bromtapp-DM, Bromaxefed DM RF Syrup, PSE Brom DM Bromaline DM Carbofed DM Syrup Bromplex DM Bromhist-DM Drops Bromph DM Allanhist PDX Drops Brom Tann Carbodex DM Syrup …show all brand names

Cough and Nasal Congestion
5.6

Reviews for Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine

sydlynn · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2021

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I could not sleep because of this medicine, it made me feel like I had to move every second and made me so paranoid and anxious. It also made my heart pound hard and just made me feel so messed up, I can’t wait for it to wear off to never take it again. I literally feel like I’m about to have a heart attack”

Montgomery · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “This is the second time I’ve used this medication for a sinus infection. It is the best medicine I’ve ever been prescribed for getting rid of congestion in my head that moves down to chest. There is an immediate reduction in symptoms after first dose, which is impressive for any medication. Only side effect for me is loss of appetite.”

MN181818 · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “100% effective 100% covered by NYS Community Plan”

kmg's mom · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Great! My daughter has had a cold and cough to the point of vomiting a few times. After the Dr checked her to make sure nothing serious, gave her this and she felt immediately better. Coughing and congestion significantly reduced. Bromfed is amazing and tastes good too (I always try anything I am going to give my children).”

Marijean March 6, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I was so miserable with upper respiratory symptoms; nasal congestion, coughing all night, etc. One dose of Bromfed DM and I felt so much better, slept all night without coughing and congestion was gone. Great stuff!”

Me2017 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 27, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I find that giving my 4 yr old son Bromfed DM, makes him aggressive and sleepless. I am not sure if its a combination with Albuterol or just by itself. I would say that he is hypersensitive to these drugs including zyrtec, claritin and singulair. When he was younger I would give him bromfed dm and zyrtec also. He would be hyper and I thought that was his "normal behavior". When he got switched to claritin and singulair its when we noticed how much more aggressive he was becoming. When I stopped all the medicine, its when his demeanor completely changed. He suffers from environmental allergies & now when I give him any of the medications above, his demeanor starts changing. His aggression is uncontrollable. His doctors don't believe me.”

Susiej · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I don't normally write reviews and I know everybody reacts differently to medication. But I will never take Bromfed DM again!!! It made my heart feel like it was going to beat right out my chest. It did not help my coughing at all which is why it was prescribed for me. I hope it works well for others. But for me I'll never take it again!!!!”

Awesome1jg · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I thought I had the flu. Long story short, too late to treat so I was sent home with cough meds. I was offered codeine but that stuff never worked for me so I asked if there was anything else. I had mentioned that I had allergies as well so he gave me this. I felt so much better within an hour of the first dose. No drowsiness for me but I don't get drowsy with Benadryl either so I wasn't expecting it.”

Kmallas87 · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “My Daughter was recently prescribed this medication for her cough and nasal congestion that wasn’t clearing up for two weeks. This has started to significantly improve her symptoms to where she’s not sneezing and having a lot of mucous in her nasal passages. The only down fall to it, is the flavor along with the drowsiness. It makes her soooo sleepy and groggy and a little slower than usual with her speech and actions. But overall the benefits have outweighed that and has proven to be what she needed to get better as she was diagnosed with a bad case of allergies and possible viral infection that accompanied her allergy symptoms.”

CG May 16, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “This med combo of brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine does not work for a severe dry NIGHT time cough. I can't sleep I am exhausted -the pseudoephedrine has a stimulant effect! And I'm keeping my whole family up still coughing. It also causes constipation and loss of appetite.”

Ang · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Worked well for me! I have been dealing with cough/cold for the last week + ear infection and went to the doctor today. She gave me bromfed DM on top of an antibiotic for my ear infection and I have noticed much improvement even after just 1 dose. I can breathe out of my nose again!”

K. Ron · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I have been officially diagnosed with the flu so you know I am not exaggerating when I say my cough is horrendous. I will cough for so long, non-stop for an hour or more, that I feel like I am going to go crazy. In the beginning I took an OTC medication for colds. The next day, I took prescription Bromfed. The only difference between the prescription Bromfed & the OTC medication is the Bromfed seems to work a little faster than the OTC meds.”

MommyOfGirls · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2014

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I went to the doctor for my preschooler and the 1st time, they sent me home with nothing but recommendations for OT remedies. A week and a half later, no improvement, especially at night when coughing became unbearable for my little one. They gave her Bromfed DM and diagnosed allergies on top of the cold. Worked like a charm. She was able to rest and fight the cold and was back to her old self. Now, I have the cold, and I have tried Nyquil, cough drops, honey and lemon and tea remedies. Nothing worked. My daughter had a half bottle leftover, (I do not have insurance for myself and don't qualify for any if you are wondering) so I had to do research on reactions, dosage, etc. Mommy hasn't slept. Hoping it works.”

Durison · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “This medicine has worked wonders for me! No side effects, besides drowsiness after a few hours but it’s helping me get the rest I need to get better. When I have a coughing spell start, my sinuses flare up and within 10 minutes of taking one teaspoon everything calms back down. Been on it for three days now.”

MM August 16, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Took this several months after prescribed, cause I still had it in the cabinet and I have a cold. Took 2 teaspoons as directed, before bed. Could not fall asleep, completely restless. Finally fell asleep and woke up abruptly dripping sweat and heart racing and pounding. Had dry mouth, and dizziness. It was absolutely horrible, I called poison control to get more info and their expertise. They directed me to go to the ER. I will never take this medication again.”

Kaylee’s mom · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “My 12 year old was diagnosed with pneumonia 9 days ago. She is getting better. No headache, fever or problems breathing but this is NOT working. No one is sleeping. Her stomach muscles are sore from coughing so much. Everyone is tired all day! I thought the cough would be gone by now. Requesting something else tomorrow.”

Sick Dude December 18, 2019

“I have bronchitis. The only reason it's not OTC is because it contains pseudoephedrine. They pulled combination medications with pseudoephedrine because of illicit drug manufacturing. The other two other ingredients brompheniramine, and Dextromethorphan can be found in OTC cough medicines DimeTapp and Robitussin Cough suppressant. You can buy Sudaphed (/pseudoephedrine) over the counter by showing your driver license. There is plenty of research that codeine is no more effective then dextromethrorphan at curbing the cough. Codeine was over prescribed and many folks fell victim to addiction. You can't blame doctors from steering away from prescribing narcotics for coughs. I found the Bromphed Dextro DM to no more helpful than the OTC medicine by itself. I get why the Nurse Practitioner prescribed it for me, and it did not hurt to try it. The things that help me the most was ProAir with a pro- chamber, 20 mg of Prednisolone for 5 days the NP prescribed, Musinex 12hr, Sudafed, Vicks Vapor Rub, rest, and a ton of water.”

TXmom4 · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “My two youngest 4 and 2 had an upper respiratory/sinus infection and the 4yr old suffered a ruptured ear drum from it. Rx dose 2.5ml every 6hr as needed Rx filled on Thursday; it's now Saturday and everyone is back to normal. I didn't notice any restlessness or hyperactivity from either of them, no diarrhea. The only side effect I noticed was if I gave it to them around lunch time, they were both asleep 30mins later. I would recommend this product; under Dr. care and use common sense to not overdose in a child.”

Matt · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2019

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “The taste is unbearable I dread taking this awful medicine when I take it I get better in a few days but you’re way better off taking a different decongestant their are many other options that you can ask your doctor for but if you can’t swallow pills bromfed is the way to go but I highly recommended mixing it into a different soft drink”

am1specialkitty · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I've been taking it a week now and nothing. I still have congestion, it did nothing for my cough (I am taking cough drops like candy with it because it doesn't work) and it messed with my vertigo big time. I did not find this at all effective in my case. Apparently, I am one of the few it does not help.”

TiredToni · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I was prescribed this cough medicine after not being able to sleep for a week because of coughing all night long. I went to pick up the medication and without insurance it is over $70, which is ridiculous for cough medicine when I can buy Robitussin for $10. I was lucky enough that my insurance covered almost all of this cost. However, money wasn't my biggest concern. When I took the medicine, it worked. My cough stopped. But the whole reason I wanted my cough to stop was so I could get some rest. This drug has pseudoephedrine in it which made sleep IMPOSSIBLE. It also suppressed my appetite so much that I could barely eat a meal a day. My cough went away but I have spent the last week exhausted from sleep deprivation and inability to get any nourishment. I will never accept any medication with pseudoephedrine in it again. It did more harm to me than good.”

Mastat · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “You cannot sleep. I was prescribed this drug to treat Bronchitis. While it lessened the severity of my coughs in the beginning, the syrup was so intense, it can cause coughs on its own. This drug at its peak rid one nostril of congestion for a whole 35 minutes. The worst side effect is the inability to sleep. It’s not like having too much coffee. You’re left in an miserable, drowsy state absolutely unable to sleep. It is miserable.”

never again · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I took one dose of the syrup and it made me feel really spacey and weird. Felt like I needed to sleep but couldn't. Me and my wife were both prescribed to this medicine. She turned pale white in the face and said her heart was racing. I don't see how doctors prescribe this medicine its horrible. I felt worse than I did before I took it. I was thankful when the medicine wore off--- I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!”

Andrew620 January 9, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Awful experience awful drug... It seriously made me feel like I was about to have a seizure (had my first seizure a month and a half before this happened) wasn't a good feeling at all... would definitely recommend staying away from this one!”

Ladii j · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I have bronchitis cough so bad it wakes me up hurts and makes me sweat. I have been to 3 doctors. The ER Dr gave me robitussin on a Tuesday. Didn't work. I went to my family Dr on a Friday he gives me benzonate and again that didn't work. On Sunday the cough is killing me to the point I go to a urgent care. She gives me this cough syrup bromphen. Now 3 hours laters from taking it...I have the runs. So not only can I not sleep from the cough now I'm on the toilet with the runs coughing. Great! Thanks doctors. While yall are all sleeping your patient is up doing worse than before. This medicine is trash.”

QuietDawn May 23, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “I've had this cough for almost 20yrs. It keeps getting worse. The only relief was a homotropine/hydrocodone pill. Unfortunately, it's a narcotic and Doctors don't see that the cure is worth the risk. My Doctor, again, took me off of it. I'm a 60yr old female, constantly coughing up a lung, and he put me on this. All it did was make me sick to my stomach and give me diarrhea. Did not help my cough at all. Does not work for chronic cough!”

Indymom · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Do not. I repeat. DO NOT give this combo medicine brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine to a two year old. I took my son to the children’s hospital here in our state because he stopped breathing on this medicine. Said it was an old practice and they don’t typically prescribe this to children anymore. Luckily his Mimi was able to give rescue breathes and save his life. We had the hospital discard the bottle for us. I will never go back to the immediate care that prescribed this to him. God is good.”

Number 1 mimi · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

For Cough and Nasal Congestion: “Went to my Dr this morning for a terrible ear infection and sinus infection and some coughing Dr put me on this cold preparation brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrineand and an antibotic. After one does of the bromp syrup.My nose opened up .It did make me sleepy. But rest is good.”