User Reviews for Brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine systemic

Also known as: Allanhist PDX Drops, Anaplex DM, Andehist DM NR Syrup, Bromaline DM, Bromfed DM, Bromhist PDX, Bromplex DM, Brotapp-DM, BroveX PSE DM, Dimetane DX, Neo DM, Q-Tapp DM, Resperal-DM Drops, Robitussin Allergy & Cough

Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 311 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

"My two youngest 4 and 2 had an upper respiratory/sinus infection and the 4yr old suffered a ruptured ear drum from it. Rx dose 2.5ml every 6hr as needed Rx filled on Thursday; it's now Saturday and everyone is back to normal. I didn't notice any restlessness or hyperactivity from either of them, no diarrhea. The only side effect I noticed was if I gave it to them around lunch time, they were both asleep 30mins later. I would recommend this product; under Dr. care and use common sense to not overdose in a child."

TXmom4 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

"Took this several months after prescribed, cause I still had it in the cabinet and I have a cold. Took 2 teaspoons as directed, before bed. Could not fall asleep, completely restless. Finally fell asleep and woke up abruptly dripping sweat and heart racing and pounding. Had dry mouth, and dizziness. It was absolutely horrible, I called poison control to get more info and their expertise. They directed me to go to the ER. I will never take this medication again."

MM August 16, 2018

"I took this and for three days I didn't seem to put the pieces together until the third day. I caused me to feel anxious beyond believe. It's a "rare"but possible side effect that seems to be a lot more common then people think considering the other comments on this page. Depression, anxiety feelings tied with the inability to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Roger February 24, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I have been officially diagnosed with the flu so you know I am not exaggerating when I say my cough is horrendous. I will cough for so long, non-stop for an hour or more, that I feel like I am going to go crazy. In the beginning I took an OTC medication for colds. The next day, I took prescription Bromfed. The only difference between the prescription Bromfed & the OTC medication is the Bromfed seems to work a little faster than the OTC meds."

K. Ron (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

"My son 5 year old took this medicine. It worked out great. But, oh boy!!! My son’s behavior was uncontrollable!!! Super hyper, jumping non stop, to the point that I got really worry thinking that something was wrong with him. Very bad feeling! His behavior was bad ! I don’t recommend this medicine because of this rare side effect. It worked but I will not give him this medicine ever again!"

Mom of 4 children February 15, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Awful experience awful drug... It seriously made me feel like I was about to have a seizure (had my first seizure a month and a half before this happened) wasn't a good feeling at all... would definitely recommend staying away from this one!"

Andrew620 January 9, 2018

"I have bronchitis cough so bad it wakes me up hurts and makes me sweat. I have been to 3 doctors. The ER Dr gave me robitussin on a Tuesday. Didn't work. I went to my family Dr on a Friday he gives me benzonate and again that didn't work. On Sunday the cough is killing me to the point I go to a urgent care. She gives me this cough syrup bromphen. Now 3 hours laters from taking it...I have the runs. So not only can I not sleep from the cough now I'm on the toilet with the runs coughing. Great! Thanks doctors. While yall are all sleeping your patient is up doing worse than before. This medicine is trash."

Ladii j (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

"I've had this cough for almost 20yrs. It keeps getting worse. The only relief was a homotropine/hydrocodone pill. Unfortunately, it's a narcotic and Doctors don't see that the cure is worth the risk. My Doctor, again, took me off of it. I'm a 60yr old female, constantly coughing up a lung, and he put me on this. All it did was make me sick to my stomach and give me diarrhea. Did not help my cough at all. Does not work for chronic cough!"

QuietDawn May 23, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I find that giving my 4 yr old son Bromfed DM, makes him aggressive and sleepless. I am not sure if its a combination with Albuterol or just by itself. I would say that he is hypersensitive to these drugs including zyrtec, claritin and singulair. When he was younger I would give him bromfed dm and zyrtec also. He would be hyper and I thought that was his "normal behavior". When he got switched to claritin and singulair its when we noticed how much more aggressive he was becoming. When I stopped all the medicine, its when his demeanor completely changed. He suffers from environmental allergies & now when I give him any of the medications above, his demeanor starts changing. His aggression is uncontrollable. His doctors don't believe me."

Me2017 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

"Won't try it any longer to judge efficacy. Took the first 5ml dose ( one tsp) as directed, and my lips and tongue actually burned, as if I had taken a teaspoon of hot sauce. The burning lingered on my lips for about 5 minutes. Never had this kind of a reaction before to cough meds (I'm 51) so that was it for me. Can't say whether it would have worked because I cannot deal with such a bizarre reaction to what is clearly labeled on the bottle a "flavorless pink liquid." I'll go back to OTC Robitussin or another with expectorant myself. $20 for a 180 ml bottle through my insurance."

Wifenomore (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Worked well. I took every 4 hrs about 7 ml "

Ed Boca March 8, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Did nothing for my cough. I did however get the side effects. Dizziness, nausea, constipation, then diarrhea. Never again."

Jessic2952 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Did nothing for my cough."

Dat boi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "nothing better after 2 days, still coughing a lot"

ktcc February 22, 2016

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Can't urinate for 2 days, horrible pain, need a catheter"

Elly jumbo January 28, 2016

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Not effective"

Greg P. (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

"I've been taking it a week now and nothing. I still have congestion, it did nothing for my cough (I am taking cough drops like candy with it because it doesn't work) and it messed with my vertigo big time. I did not find this at all effective in my case. Apparently, I am one of the few it does not help."

am1specialkitty (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2015

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I went to the doctor for my preschooler and the 1st time, they sent me home with nothing but recommendations for OT remedies. A week and a half later, no improvement, especially at night when coughing became unbearable for my little one. They gave her Bromfed DM and diagnosed allergies on top of the cold. Worked like a charm. She was able to rest and fight the cold and was back to her old self. Now, I have the cold, and I have tried Nyquil, cough drops, honey and lemon and tea remedies. Nothing worked. My daughter had a half bottle leftover, (I do not have insurance for myself and don't qualify for any if you are wondering) so I had to do research on reactions, dosage, etc. Mommy hasn't slept. Hoping it works."

MommyOfGirls (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Great! My daughter has had a cold and cough to the point of vomiting a few times. After the Dr checked her to make sure nothing serious, gave her this and she felt immediately better. Coughing and congestion significantly reduced. Bromfed is amazing and tastes good too (I always try anything I am going to give my children)."

kmg's mom (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Works great. Nothing helped my cough and congestion until I began taking Bromfed."

Anonymous June 6, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I was so miserable with upper respiratory symptoms; nasal congestion, coughing all night, etc. One dose of Bromfed DM and I felt so much better, slept all night without coughing and congestion was gone. Great stuff!"

Marijean March 6, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I thought I had the flu. Long story short, too late to treat so I was sent home with cough meds. I was offered codeine but that stuff never worked for me so I asked if there was anything else. I had mentioned that I had allergies as well so he gave me this. I felt so much better within an hour of the first dose. No drowsiness for me but I don't get drowsy with Benadryl either so I wasn't expecting it."

Awesome1jg (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2013

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Fast recovering."

Lua (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2012

Q-Tapp DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Works so well for me and my family. However it has been increasingly hard to find in pharmacies. Keep being told it is no longer manufactured, or is behind in production. Wish I could get it easier when we need it."

Anonymous March 20, 2012

"The only medication relieving my son's congestion and cough. Taste okay."

Mom of 5 hrs old January 10, 2011