User Reviews for Brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Also known as: Bromfed DM, Resperal-DM, Robitussin Allergy & Cough, Dimetane DX, Bromadine-DM, Myphetane DX Cough, Brotapp-DM, EndaCof PD Drops, PediaHist DM, BroveX PSE DM Tablets, BroveX PSE DM, PBM Allergy, BroveX PSB DM, Anaplex DMX, BromTann/DM Tann/PSE Tann, Bromdex D, Neo DM Syrup, Dallergy DM, Myphetane DX, Bromanate DX Cough, Bromatane DX, Bromophed-DX, Liquiphed DM, Brometane DX, Anaplex DM, Bromphenex DM, Andehist DM NR Syrup, Bromtapp-DM, Bromaxefed DM RF Syrup, PSE Brom DM, Bromaline DM, Carbofed DM Syrup, Uni-Hist DM Pediatric Drops, Bromplex DM, Bromhist-DM Drops, Pediahist DM Drops, Q-Tapp DM, Bromph DM, Allanhist PDX Drops, Histacol BD Drops, Brom Tann, ProHist DM, P-Hist DM Drops, Carbodex DM Syrup, Sildec DM …show all brand names

Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine

"Always work really well for my whole family I always recommend this for others"

Anonymous May 25, 2019

"This medicine has worked wonders for me! No side effects, besides drowsiness after a few hours but it’s helping me get the rest I need to get better. When I have a coughing spell start, my sinuses flare up and within 10 minutes of taking one teaspoon everything calms back down. Been on it for three days now."

Durison (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2019

"This was a terrible experience. Normally for congestion and ear infection you get antibiotics so this was new for me. I was skeptical to consume this combo of brompheniramine & dextromethorphan & pseudoephedrine . BUT the Dr knows was best right?? Nope...long story short I felt dizzy, nauseous, and on top of that I had blurred vision that was so bad a relative took me to the emergency room and the Dr in the ER said this should not be given and he has many patients who come to ER due to this particular medicine. He gave me regular antibiotics and told me to drink hot tea and I was SO much better."

Cas May 17, 2019

"This med combo of brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine does not work for a severe dry NIGHT time cough. I can't sleep I am exhausted -the pseudoephedrine has a stimulant effect! And I'm keeping my whole family up still coughing. It also causes constipation and loss of appetite."

CG May 16, 2019

"My 12 year old was diagnosed with pneumonia 9 days ago. She is getting better. No headache, fever or problems breathing but this is NOT working. No one is sleeping. Her stomach muscles are sore from coughing so much. Everyone is tired all day! I thought the cough would be gone by now. Requesting something else tomorrow."

Kaylee’s mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

"I was prescribed this cough medicine after not being able to sleep for a week because of coughing all night long. I went to pick up the medication and without insurance it is over $70, which is ridiculous for cough medicine when I can buy Robitussin for $10. I was lucky enough that my insurance covered almost all of this cost. However, money wasn't my biggest concern. When I took the medicine, it worked. My cough stopped. But the whole reason I wanted my cough to stop was so I could get some rest. This drug has pseudoephedrine in it which made sleep IMPOSSIBLE. It also suppressed my appetite so much that I could barely eat a meal a day. My cough went away but I have spent the last week exhausted from sleep deprivation and inability to get any nourishment. I will never accept any medication with pseudoephedrine in it again. It did more harm to me than good."

TiredToni (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

"Had a violent cough (not diagnosed as anything, docotors said "I don't know - a virus maybe?") that persisted for WEEKS until I was prescribed this. Almost immediately stopped coughing within its effect time frame (about 8 hrs). I personally felt no side effects, which could be due to the relief it gave me from the violent persistent dry coughing. Was able to sleep soundly again after literal weeks. WOULD ONLY RECOMMEND IF YOUR INSURANCE COVERS IT. Went to the local minute clinic, ended up costing me 92$ - AFTER insurance coverage about 40$. ONLY USE IF NECESSARY!"

kindaupsetti (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

"I have had a bad cough for 2 weeks and I always wake up in the middle of the night to cough. I have been prescribed this medicine and it tastes absolutely DISGUSTING. I mean horrific. It tastes like rip-off root beer mixed with bubble gum from the Dollar Tree. It helps with my cough a little but I get a little dizzy after I take it."

kd587007 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2019

"You cannot sleep. I was prescribed this drug to treat Bronchitis. While it lessened the severity of my coughs in the beginning, the syrup was so intense, it can cause coughs on its own. This drug at its peak rid one nostril of congestion for a whole 35 minutes. The worst side effect is the inability to sleep. It’s not like having too much coffee. You’re left in an miserable, drowsy state absolutely unable to sleep. It is miserable."

Mastat (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

"Not good. I had to get codeine syrup in order to sleep. This did nothing for my cough. It may help with other allergies but I still had stuffy nose and horrible cough."

Laryngitis Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

"I took one dose of the syrup and it made me feel really spacey and weird. Felt like I needed to sleep but couldn't. Me and my wife were both prescribed to this medicine. She turned pale white in the face and said her heart was racing. I don't see how doctors prescribe this medicine its horrible. I felt worse than I did before I took it. I was thankful when the medicine wore off--- I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!"

never again (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Worked well for me! I have been dealing with cough/cold for the last week + ear infection and went to the doctor today. She gave me bromfed DM on top of an antibiotic for my ear infection and I have noticed much improvement even after just 1 dose. I can breathe out of my nose again!"

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

"My two youngest 4 and 2 had an upper respiratory/sinus infection and the 4yr old suffered a ruptured ear drum from it. Rx dose 2.5ml every 6hr as needed Rx filled on Thursday; it's now Saturday and everyone is back to normal. I didn't notice any restlessness or hyperactivity from either of them, no diarrhea. The only side effect I noticed was if I gave it to them around lunch time, they were both asleep 30mins later. I would recommend this product; under Dr. care and use common sense to not overdose in a child."

TXmom4 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

"Took this several months after prescribed, cause I still had it in the cabinet and I have a cold. Took 2 teaspoons as directed, before bed. Could not fall asleep, completely restless. Finally fell asleep and woke up abruptly dripping sweat and heart racing and pounding. Had dry mouth, and dizziness. It was absolutely horrible, I called poison control to get more info and their expertise. They directed me to go to the ER. I will never take this medication again."

MM August 16, 2018

"I took this and for three days I didn't seem to put the pieces together until the third day. I caused me to feel anxious beyond believe. It's a "rare"but possible side effect that seems to be a lot more common then people think considering the other comments on this page. Depression, anxiety feelings tied with the inability to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Roger February 24, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I have been officially diagnosed with the flu so you know I am not exaggerating when I say my cough is horrendous. I will cough for so long, non-stop for an hour or more, that I feel like I am going to go crazy. In the beginning I took an OTC medication for colds. The next day, I took prescription Bromfed. The only difference between the prescription Bromfed & the OTC medication is the Bromfed seems to work a little faster than the OTC meds."

K. Ron (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

"My son 5 year old took this medicine. It worked out great. But, oh boy!!! My son’s behavior was uncontrollable!!! Super hyper, jumping non stop, to the point that I got really worry thinking that something was wrong with him. Very bad feeling! His behavior was bad ! I don’t recommend this medicine because of this rare side effect. It worked but I will not give him this medicine ever again!"

Mom of 4 children February 15, 2018

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Awful experience awful drug... It seriously made me feel like I was about to have a seizure (had my first seizure a month and a half before this happened) wasn't a good feeling at all... would definitely recommend staying away from this one!"

Andrew620 January 9, 2018

"I have bronchitis cough so bad it wakes me up hurts and makes me sweat. I have been to 3 doctors. The ER Dr gave me robitussin on a Tuesday. Didn't work. I went to my family Dr on a Friday he gives me benzonate and again that didn't work. On Sunday the cough is killing me to the point I go to a urgent care. She gives me this cough syrup bromphen. Now 3 hours laters from taking it...I have the runs. So not only can I not sleep from the cough now I'm on the toilet with the runs coughing. Great! Thanks doctors. While yall are all sleeping your patient is up doing worse than before. This medicine is trash."

Ladii j (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

"I've had this cough for almost 20yrs. It keeps getting worse. The only relief was a homotropine/hydrocodone pill. Unfortunately, it's a narcotic and Doctors don't see that the cure is worth the risk. My Doctor, again, took me off of it. I'm a 60yr old female, constantly coughing up a lung, and he put me on this. All it did was make me sick to my stomach and give me diarrhea. Did not help my cough at all. Does not work for chronic cough!"

QuietDawn May 23, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "I find that giving my 4 yr old son Bromfed DM, makes him aggressive and sleepless. I am not sure if its a combination with Albuterol or just by itself. I would say that he is hypersensitive to these drugs including zyrtec, claritin and singulair. When he was younger I would give him bromfed dm and zyrtec also. He would be hyper and I thought that was his "normal behavior". When he got switched to claritin and singulair its when we noticed how much more aggressive he was becoming. When I stopped all the medicine, its when his demeanor completely changed. He suffers from environmental allergies & now when I give him any of the medications above, his demeanor starts changing. His aggression is uncontrollable. His doctors don't believe me."

Me2017 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2017

"Won't try it any longer to judge efficacy. Took the first 5ml dose ( one tsp) as directed, and my lips and tongue actually burned, as if I had taken a teaspoon of hot sauce. The burning lingered on my lips for about 5 minutes. Never had this kind of a reaction before to cough meds (I'm 51) so that was it for me. Can't say whether it would have worked because I cannot deal with such a bizarre reaction to what is clearly labeled on the bottle a "flavorless pink liquid." I'll go back to OTC Robitussin or another with expectorant myself. $20 for a 180 ml bottle through my insurance."

Wifenomore (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Worked well. I took every 4 hrs about 7 ml "

Ed Boca March 8, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Did nothing for my cough. I did however get the side effects. Dizziness, nausea, constipation, then diarrhea. Never again."

Jessic2952 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

Bromfed DM (brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / pseudoephedrine): "Did nothing for my cough."

Dat boi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016