User Reviews for Guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambi 60/1000, Ambi 60/580, Ambi 80/780, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Aquatab D Dose Pack, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, Congestac, D-Feda II, Deco-D, Decongest II, Deconsal LA, Defen-LA, Degen II, Demibid II, Desal II, Despec-SR, Despec-Tab, Drituss GP, Durasal II, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Dynex, Entex PSE, Entex T, Eudal SR, ExeFen, ExeFen-IR, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, G-Phed- PD, GP 500, Guai Sudo, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaibid D, Guaibid D Pediatric, Guaifed, Guaifed-PSE, Guaifenex GP, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guaifenex PSE 60, Guaifenex PSE 80, Guaifenex PSE 85, Guaifenex RX, Guaimax-D, Guaipax PSE, Guaitab, Guaivent (Ethex), Guaivent PD, Guiadrine II, Guiadrine II SR, Guiadrine PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guiatex II, Guiatex II SR, Guiatex PSE, Guiatuss PE, H 9600 SR, Hi Tex PSE, Humibid GC, Iosal II, Iotex PSE, Levall G, Mardrops-EX, Mastussin PE, Maxifed, Maxifed-G, Med-RX, Medent, Medent-LDI, Miraphen PSE, Mucinex D, Mucinex D Maximum Strength, Mucus D, Mucus Relief D, Mytussin PE, Nalex, Nalex CR, Nalex Jr, Nasabid, Nasabid SR, Nasatab LA, Nomuc-PE, Pan-Mist LA, Panmist JR, Panmist LA, Panmist-S, Poly-Vent, Poly-Vent IR, Poly-Vent, Jr., Profen Forte, Profen II, Pseudatex, Pseudo GG, Pseudo GG TR, Pseudo Max, Pseudo-G/PSI, Pseudocot-G, Pseudovent, Pseudovent 400, Pseudovent Ped, Q-Tussin PE, Respa-1st, Respaire-120 SR, Respaire-30, Respaire-60 SR, Robafen PE, Robichem PE, Robitussin Severe Congestion, Ru-Tuss DE, Ru-Tuss Jr., S-Pack, Sinufed, Sinufed Timecelles, Sinutab Non Drying, Stamoist E, Sudafed Non Drying Sinus, Sudal 60/500, Sudal SR, SudaTex-G, Syn-Rx, T-Tussin PE, Tenar PSE, Touro LA, Touro LA-LD, Tusnel Pediatric Drops, Tuss-LA, Tusscidin PE, Tussin PE, Uni Tussin PE, V-Dec-M, Venbid TR, Versacaps, We Mist II LA, We Mist LA, Zaptec PSE, Zephrex, Zephrex LA …show all brand names

Cough and Nasal Congestion
6.6

Summary of Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine reviews 6.6 204 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "This is going into the trash. I took this at 4pm. It cleared my nose but my cough is still out of control. I took my nightly melatonin at around 10:30pm and went right to sleep. It’s now almost 4am. I’ve been up for two hours and will probably be up until I have to get to the gym and work in a couple of hours. Avoid this stuff, the pseudoephedrine keeps you awake."

Shirley (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Well, like practically every other user here, I am up staring at the walls ! I’m sick I had just needed good nights sleep but that’s not happening on this medication !!! You will NOT be able to get any sleep at all due to the pseudoephedrine ! Most of us can’t afford to donate a nights sleep take a cold medication . It’s pricey and the side effects are beyond ridiculous ! However I don’t care how much I paid for tomorrow it’s going in the trash !! I just want to sleep but it’s nowhere in sight !!!!"

Re (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for : "I was between getting this or sudafed. Looked up pros and cons and main con of mucinex with the decongestant was that you may have difficulty sleeping. I thought “how bad could it be” and went with mucinex. Took at about 9pm. Slept for a bit at 11pm but it’s now 4:30am and been wide awake since 2. It had a minimal effect on my symptoms. Now I get to roll still feeling sick and with 3 hours of sleep. Not worth it at all IMO"

Tobi (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "No complaints, my husband left to go to the pharmacy at 2am to pick up anything to bring me comfort. I've had flu like symptoms since last Wednesday, got through the worst but now left conquering thick phlegm that I'd have to cough so hard to try to get out my head felt swollen and my eyes would get burning hot bringing on horrible throat and headache. Ok so took this at 2:15am and within a half hour I was asleep, and slept until I had to take my children to school at 8:30am. This has made the mucus so much easier to get "up and out" I do not have to hack so hard. For my experience this has helped so much I wish I had taken this a full day earlier. He also got me the day/night pack, I plan on taking the night pill at about 7pm being that I hope I can make it to work tomorrow and want plenty of sleep. I feel sleepy now even with my 215am dose. I am normally very sensitive to medications but have not experienced high heart rate, dizziness or nausea. I would buy again."

NatHames February 19, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Terrible product! Won't buy it ever again. I took it at 9 p.m. Unfortunately without checking the side effects. My cough is somehow got better but it's 2 a.m. and I'm still anxiously awake! I have a toddler, I can't afford to stay awake when he is finally asleep. Don't buy it! Not worth it!"

Csandi February 6, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I was starting to feel like a head and sinus condition coming on and with our tropical vacay coming up in 10 days, I for sure wanted to kick it in the butt. Well, I took my first dose this evening at 9 pm, went to bed because of an early work schedule and slept soundly till 11:30 pm. It is now 2:30 am and I have experienced rapid heart beat, nausea and jittery. I laid there for 2 hrs thinking I could go back to sleep, and here I am. Kinda wished the pharmacist would have given me a heads up. Now this is kickin me in the butt!"

IAawake February 2, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Mucinex D does its' job well but the side effects are ridiculous. I've been sleep deprived for 2 days because of this drug, and so I stopped taking it. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG WITHIN 12 HOURS BEFORE YOU SLEEP!"

Jonnyboy777 February 1, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I’m not coughing!! I think this will keep my sinuses from getting infected. I’m going to take NyQuil Cough at night as this seems to keep people awake. I don’t loathe price, but if it can clear me up and get me past the drainage and cough..."

Helped January 31, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "This is my second day taking Mucinex for a bad cold. It’s not worth it! It has cleared my nose and throat completely but I CANNOT GET ANY SLEEP! Which is the pseudoephedrine side effect. I feel more miserable not being able to sleep than I did with the cold! On top of that my heart has been racing for hours and I started to get very anxious and nervous. I took this yesterday at 6pm, it’s now 3am and I’m wide awake. Never again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I took it at about 5 pm today when my cough was getting worse. It is now 5:30 am and I haven't slept one bit. I am so jittery, nauseous, and dizzy. My heart is racing and my whole body is shaking. My cough is significantly better but the fact that I will not be getting sleep tonight for even a minute is quite the turn off. I will never take this drug again."

Julzuk January 22, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Took one pill at 8pm. It’s now 3:32am and my Apple Watch just calculated a 116bpm heart rate. I’m also coughing so hard my rib is twinging. I think this drug is a hit or miss... my husband who took it is sound asleep next to me."

Ash Houston (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I confess that the price on this one gave me a bit of sticker shock. But after two days of little sleep with a stuffy nose from a cold...well, desperate times. The pills are large - something to take into consideration - but these work AMAZINGLY well! The presence of pseudoephedrine makes these difficult to find; you can't order them online and you have to show a license to get your hands on them in the store. But they're worth the trouble. The first night I took them I slept all night. It did give me heart palpitations, due to the pseudoephedrine, a stimulant, but in my case that's a side effect I was willing to live with. I hate to spend money (these cost us $32) but the great results made me a believer in this case!"

Erin_C_MA January 5, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I took one around 7:30 at night and I’ve probably slept a few hours. I already have bad anxiety and a panic disorder so this just pushed my anxiety through the roof. My nose feels so much better but having this feeling is not worth it at all. I have the jitters, heart racing, and almost full panic attack. For other with this problem I don’t recommend taking it at night and just be super cautious during the day. I’ll be staring at the wall for the next couple hours waiting for this to pass."

So much anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "This medicine cleared my nose but also made me feel dizzy, gave me tremors, nausea, and made my heart POUND. I felt awful after taking this and wouldn't recommend to anyone."

Mitsy198879u December 16, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Made the cough go away, two days later and zero hours of sleep. Give me the cough all day. Honestly this things make you feel like your on drugs. If you are trying to achieve a legal high that you can buy at the store this is for you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING"

DC87 November 22, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "So, I am not one to take medications much and I don't take any medicine on a regular basis, but Mucinex D is definitely a must in my medicine cabinet for that severe once a year bug. It CAN cause sleeplessness in the night but with that in mind I usually take it at 7 am and 7 pm if I even take a second dose at all during a 24 hour period. I cannot sleep when I get a cold and though this medication can keep me awake, it is still a better alternative to suffering through a night of clearing my throat and getting up to blow my nose multiple times. For the record I only take 1 at a time and have quick results with no other side effects besides the sleeplessness. Choose wisely y'all, this stuff can be a miracle if you need one."

Cfen (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Recommended by a doctor who knows I don't like to take medication, I went to him with a bad cold ,stuffed nose , and sore throat. Took 2 pills at about noon and symptoms cleared up amazingly quickly . Took 2 about 11:30 at night , went to bed and now it's almost 2 AM and I'm still wide awake. I wish the doctor had warned me, and there definitely should have been a warning on the box....when one is sick one should be able to rest and this is the opposite, and I have a full workday tomorrow and should be at work by 9. I found this site trying to figure out why I am so wide awake"

Spag (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "I took Mucinex D 600mg twice a day. It works to clear up sinus problems but don't take it at night or you want sleep any. I have also cut mine down to one due to the staggering effect it has given me. Feels like I have been drinking with my left ear stopped up."

Coollady (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "It literally kept me up from 9 PM until 9 AM I couldn't sleep at all"

NO SLEEP!! (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :("

Blublu (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "For those experiencing nervousness and jitters just keep in mind pseudoephedrine is a stimulant drug similar to amphetamine and methamphetamine. All cold drugs names with a "D" after them have pseudoephedrine so get the same drug with out the "D" in its name"

molsen13 August 1, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Make sure to take it early in the morning when you have just wake up because you will be awake for hours. Do not take it before sleep like I did, unless you want to stay awake until 6 am following day. Other than that it works"

Anonymous23., July 14, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Thank goodness for Mucinex D! One week ago, I woke up with severe nasal congestion and difficulty breathing which made getting any decent sleep impossible... I tried the other medications with minimal relief, so I decided to take a 600mg prescribed dose of Mucinex D (one pill) and was extremely pleased with how quickly it worked... I drank 16oz of water then fell asleep with the ability to breathe easier... Because my nasal problems have been recurring as soon as the medication wears off, I have resorted to taking a pill to get me through the day and again at night ever since... The taste is unpleasant, but not enough to avoid taking it, because so far, it is the only medication that provides optimum relief with clear nasal passages!"

LynnSATX July 9, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "Had congestion for 3 weeks. Doctor gave me anti-biotics and suggested mucinex D twice a day. First two days seemed to help congestion somewhat but was no appetite and somewhat anxious. Third night took at 11pm and slept about 2 hours. Woke up with heart racing and anxiety. I couldn't sleep and was pacing. Effects starting to wear off at 10am. Wish I had seen this site first."

Mike michigan (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine) for Cough and Nasal Congestion: "This is my second day of using Mucinex. At this point I'm not sure why my doctor recommended it. I never did have congestion, just a sore throat. Anyway, I'll not take it anymore, it's 1:00 a.m., I'm totally exhausted and cannot sleep. Last night it was 12:30 or so, and I finally went to sleep. I'm use to falling asleep around 9:30. I do take sleeping pills and I just took my dose of those, hope it puts me to sleep, otherwise, how do you make it through the next day? I just read the label, guess I missed before that it can cause sleeplessness, or I would't have taken it at all. It's expensive and another drug going in the garbage can!"

Unhappiness April 21, 2017