User Reviews for Guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambi 60/1000, Ambi 60/580, Ambi 80/780, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Aquatab D Dose Pack, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, Congestac, D-Feda II, Deco-D, Decongest II, Deconsal LA, Defen-LA, Degen II, Demibid II, Desal II, Despec-SR, Despec-Tab, Drituss GP, Durasal II, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Dynex, Entex PSE, Entex T, Eudal SR, ExeFen, ExeFen-IR, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, G-Phed- PD, GP 500, Guai Sudo, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaibid D, Guaibid D Pediatric, Guaifed, Guaifed-PSE, Guaifenex GP, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guaifenex PSE 60, Guaifenex PSE 80, Guaifenex PSE 85, Guaifenex RX, Guaimax-D, Guaipax PSE, Guaitab, Guaivent (Ethex), Guaivent PD, Guiadrine II, Guiadrine II SR, Guiadrine PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guiatex II, Guiatex II SR, Guiatex PSE, Guiatuss PE, H 9600 SR, Hi Tex PSE, Humibid GC, Iosal II, Iotex PSE, Levall G, Mardrops-EX, Mastussin PE, Maxifed, Maxifed-G, Med-RX, Medent, Medent-LDI, Miraphen PSE, Mucinex D, Mucinex D Maximum Strength, Mucus D, Mucus Relief D, Mytussin PE, Nalex, Nalex CR, Nalex Jr, Nasabid, Nasabid SR, Nasatab LA, Nomuc-PE, Pan-Mist LA, Panmist JR, Panmist LA, Panmist-S, Poly-Vent, Poly-Vent IR, Poly-Vent, Jr., Profen Forte, Profen II, Pseudatex, Pseudo GG, Pseudo GG TR, Pseudo Max, Pseudo-G/PSI, Pseudocot-G, Pseudovent, Pseudovent 400, Pseudovent Ped, Q-Tussin PE, Respa-1st, Respaire-120 SR, Respaire-30, Respaire-60 SR, Robafen PE, Robichem PE, Robitussin Severe Congestion, Ru-Tuss DE, Ru-Tuss Jr., S-Pack, Sinufed, Sinufed Timecelles, Sinutab Non Drying, Stamoist E, Sudafed Non Drying Sinus, Sudal 60/500, Sudal SR, SudaTex-G, Syn-Rx, T-Tussin PE, Tenar PSE, Touro LA, Touro LA-LD, Tusnel Pediatric Drops, Tuss-LA, Tusscidin PE, Tussin PE, Uni Tussin PE, V-Dec-M, Venbid TR, Versacaps, We Mist II LA, We Mist LA, Zaptec PSE, Zephrex, Zephrex LA …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine.

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took one pill at 8pm. It’s now 3:32am and my Apple Watch just calculated a 116bpm heart rate. I’m also coughing so hard my rib is twinging. I think this drug is a hit or miss... my husband who took it is sound asleep next to me."

Ash Houston (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I confess that the price on this one gave me a bit of sticker shock. But after two days of little sleep with a stuffy nose from a cold...well, desperate times. The pills are large - something to take into consideration - but these work AMAZINGLY well! The presence of pseudoephedrine makes these difficult to find; you can't order them online and you have to show a license to get your hands on them in the store. But they're worth the trouble. The first night I took them I slept all night. It did give me heart palpitations, due to the pseudoephedrine, a stimulant, but in my case that's a side effect I was willing to live with. I hate to spend money (these cost us $32) but the great results made me a believer in this case!"

Erin_C_MA January 5, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took one around 7:30 at night and I’ve probably slept a few hours. I already have bad anxiety and a panic disorder so this just pushed my anxiety through the roof. My nose feels so much better but having this feeling is not worth it at all. I have the jitters, heart racing, and almost full panic attack. For other with this problem I don’t recommend taking it at night and just be super cautious during the day. I’ll be staring at the wall for the next couple hours waiting for this to pass."

So much anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This medicine cleared my nose but also made me feel dizzy, gave me tremors, nausea, and made my heart POUND. I felt awful after taking this and wouldn't recommend to anyone."

Mitsy198879u December 16, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Made the cough go away, two days later and zero hours of sleep. Give me the cough all day. Honestly this things make you feel like your on drugs. If you are trying to achieve a legal high that you can buy at the store this is for you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING"

DC87 November 22, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "So, I am not one to take medications much and I don't take any medicine on a regular basis, but Mucinex D is definitely a must in my medicine cabinet for that severe once a year bug. It CAN cause sleeplessness in the night but with that in mind I usually take it at 7 am and 7 pm if I even take a second dose at all during a 24 hour period. I cannot sleep when I get a cold and though this medication can keep me awake, it is still a better alternative to suffering through a night of clearing my throat and getting up to blow my nose multiple times. For the record I only take 1 at a time and have quick results with no other side effects besides the sleeplessness. Choose wisely y'all, this stuff can be a miracle if you need one."

Cfen (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Recommended by a doctor who knows I don't like to take medication, I went to him with a bad cold ,stuffed nose , and sore throat. Took 2 pills at about noon and symptoms cleared up amazingly quickly . Took 2 about 11:30 at night , went to bed and now it's almost 2 AM and I'm still wide awake. I wish the doctor had warned me, and there definitely should have been a warning on the box....when one is sick one should be able to rest and this is the opposite, and I have a full workday tomorrow and should be at work by 9. I found this site trying to figure out why I am so wide awake"

Spag (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took Mucinex D 600mg twice a day. It works to clear up sinus problems but don't take it at night or you want sleep any. I have also cut mine down to one due to the staggering effect it has given me. Feels like I have been drinking with my left ear stopped up."

Coollady (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It literally kept me up from 9 PM until 9 AM I couldn't sleep at all"

NO SLEEP!! (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :("

Blublu (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "For those experiencing nervousness and jitters just keep in mind pseudoephedrine is a stimulant drug similar to amphetamine and methamphetamine. All cold drugs names with a "D" after them have pseudoephedrine so get the same drug with out the "D" in its name"

molsen13 August 1, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Make sure to take it early in the morning when you have just wake up because you will be awake for hours. Do not take it before sleep like I did, unless you want to stay awake until 6 am following day. Other than that it works"

Anonymous23., July 14, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Thank goodness for Mucinex D! One week ago, I woke up with severe nasal congestion and difficulty breathing which made getting any decent sleep impossible... I tried the other medications with minimal relief, so I decided to take a 600mg prescribed dose of Mucinex D (one pill) and was extremely pleased with how quickly it worked... I drank 16oz of water then fell asleep with the ability to breathe easier... Because my nasal problems have been recurring as soon as the medication wears off, I have resorted to taking a pill to get me through the day and again at night ever since... The taste is unpleasant, but not enough to avoid taking it, because so far, it is the only medication that provides optimum relief with clear nasal passages!"

LynnSATX July 9, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Had congestion for 3 weeks. Doctor gave me anti-biotics and suggested mucinex D twice a day. First two days seemed to help congestion somewhat but was no appetite and somewhat anxious. Third night took at 11pm and slept about 2 hours. Woke up with heart racing and anxiety. I couldn't sleep and was pacing. Effects starting to wear off at 10am. Wish I had seen this site first."

Mike michigan (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This is my second day of using Mucinex. At this point I'm not sure why my doctor recommended it. I never did have congestion, just a sore throat. Anyway, I'll not take it anymore, it's 1:00 a.m., I'm totally exhausted and cannot sleep. Last night it was 12:30 or so, and I finally went to sleep. I'm use to falling asleep around 9:30. I do take sleeping pills and I just took my dose of those, hope it puts me to sleep, otherwise, how do you make it through the next day? I just read the label, guess I missed before that it can cause sleeplessness, or I would't have taken it at all. It's expensive and another drug going in the garbage can!"

Unhappiness April 21, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Followed directions & took 2x Mucinex D 1200mg at 930PM. Decided to pick this up after bring sick & out of work for 5 days. I was really tired & dozed off at 1130PM. Its 330AM, I can't sleep... I'm wide awake with an extra dry mouth, swelling of the tongue, slight nausea, tossing & turning (anxiety?), tingling/weakness in my arms. Most of my cold symptoms are gone(amazingly!), but I can't shake these side effects right now & am wondering exactly when I'll be able to sleep! I would NOT recommend taking this at night time, & if you are going to try this stuff to start with just 1 pill."

Momokong March 17, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took this about 10 minutes ago. At 1:25ishpm on Feb 26 2017. Will let you know how it works later."

dominoemery (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took this around 9 pm. I fell right to sleep with no problems. It did not keep me up at all. I woke up and blew my nose, the medicine had worked. It cleared my nose after I blew it. However, the taste is disgusting and I still have a cough."

Kei tai February 25, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I can't seem to see the same results as others. I've been to the urgent care in my area recently for bronchitis and after giving me a nebulizer treatment they sent me on my way with suggestion of Mucinex. Man. This stuff works so well, I haven't seen any issues with sleep or feeling jittery. The package does mention to take with a full glass of water, and to stay hydrated. Maybe that's something the others are missing?"

Peter L (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Cleared up my congestion. I too didn't realize it would leave me sleepless. I am sick and want to sleep so badly but can not. It's 5 am. I have slept 2 hours in the last 24 hours due to this medication. I feel I should be sleeping off this cold and can not. I agree with the other commenters. Take this only in the morning!!!"

Jennnnnnnnnn February 21, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I went to Urgent Care Center today for a sinus infection. I got a prescription and was told to take mucinex D. I took it a couple of hours ago and I've been feeling weird ever since. It's ineffective so far and I feel kind of dizzy. I want it out of my system NOW."

Pat2468 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This stuff is torture! I was coughing a little and had some allergy congestion the pharmacist recommend this stuff. Its 2:00 AM I took two pills at 3 in the afternoon and I have been coughing my lungs out ever since. I'm literally coughing so hard I'm sweating and have a headache I feel edgy and there is no hope of getting sleep tonight."

Tired in Colorado February 19, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Would not recommend. A 20 year old college student who desperately needs sleep but hasn't because the label on the box forgot to highlight and bold "You won't be able to sleep!!" Took two pills at 10:30am and about an hour later I was very jittery, paranoid, anxious and my heart rate was going insane. It's now 10 pm and my eyes are still dilated and I still feel weird. Would not recommend the whole dosage, or just stay clear in general."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took mucinex D for 7 days have had trouble sleeping but it worked awesome for my cough and congestion. I was told by Doctor I had influenza which is no fun at all. Thought I was dieing never been so sick."

Iroclady February 7, 2017

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "The label states 12 hour relief. It worked great for the 1st 4 1/2 hrs. Now I can't take another dose for 12 hrs? Seriously? So what am I suppose to do? Over priced product that doesn't seem to work. Will not be buying this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017