User Reviews for Guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambi 60/1000, Ambi 60/580, Ambi 80/780, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Aquatab D Dose Pack, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, ...show all 145 brand names

Learn more about Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine.

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 410 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I disagree with the other reviews, two doses and I'm feeling a bit better with the antibiotics. Only downfall so far. Nausea!"

Bobbie Jo, RMA (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took this with food. Made me feel very lethargic and jittery at the same time. My appetite is gone. My congestion is cleared but I can't wait for this medication to wear off. My heart rate speeds up as well. Dry mouth, yuck."

Amber2885 September 20, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took this for relief as I looked and sounded pretty bad. I was keeping everyone up with my coughing and sneezing. I don't take medicine but I caved in and grabbed this. I guess from hours of exhaustion I passed out but woke up 2 hours later just wide awake! I couldn't go back to sleep, which made me so incredibly mad. I'm already an anxious person who is paranoid about everything. So this didn't help. It helped my cough calm down but the next day it was worse. I was able to sleep without feeling like my nose was plugged up!"

Anonymous September 18, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I tend to get a sinus infection at least twice a year. The only thing that helps me during this time is Musinex D. However, after the first time taking it and not being able to sleep I decided to take one pill every 6 hours instead of 2 pills every 12. Taking it this way allows me to breath and still be able to sleep at night. For me it is a miracle worker."

Liz77 September 9, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Can't help but laugh reading everyone's responses here.. Yes I guess the mucinex helped my congestion maybe 20% more than if I hadn't taken it... BUT I'm wide awake as my mind is racing like I'm on crack .. Paranoid.. Can't sleep a wink. Never done crack but if I had to guess side effects would be similar.. Bummer . Just another confirmation that all natural and a few days longer is better than watching the sun come up while random paranoia thoughts race through the brain. Wish I read the fine print before I starting dosing"

Clarence j August 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Definitely helped relieve my sinus pressure and loosen up mucous. I did feel nauseous after taking mucinex D. It's 2:18am and I'm still up so I decided to google insomnia and mucinex D.. And here I am. At least my congestion improved."

Vanessa v93 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took the liquid version at work one day to help with my cough and it worked better than I thought and faster than the pills. Although, I was sleepy all day and I don't recall reading the words "may cause drowsiness" on the bottle. Perhaps they were there and I did no see them."

Alyssa M. July 20, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): " I think I much like the other people on this site who are up at 4 am still trying to go to sleep. It didn't help my cough at all. It actually made it worse. I've had really bad anxiety all night and probably won't sleep for the next 5 days."

Don't take it (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I hardly ever get sick and I been working out of town and I started having sinus and breathing problems I went to a Walgreens and the pharmacist recommend this and told me about side effects and you need to drink alot and it does mess with your sleep but I don't feel tired either I'd rather feel better and live with a couple days of minor side effects than to be miserable"

I'll use again (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Awful as I'm writing this. Its 1:30 am and I am up, and I can't sleep, and it made me cough so much more!!! I have a baby and now that I can't sleep because of this medicine I'm going to be miserable tomorrow!! I Don't recommended to anyone!"

Babyboymilan June 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took my first dose Mucinex D at 1030am yesterday took a small nap around 1230 for about half hour and have been awake since its now 8am the next day, yes I finally feel relief in my sinuses, I no longer look like a puffy faced Darth Vader sounded and its cleaning up a ton of congestion but sleeping is not in my favor.. ugh but I'm glad it's clearing things up for me.. just need some sleep"

Heidikins (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Musinex D worked great to clear up my chest congestion that two rounds of antibiotics didn't touch. But I didn't know that a side effect was insomnia. So, although I started feeling better soon after taking it last night, I was well aware of how good I was feeling right on up to 3am! I asked the pharmacist at our local store if Musinex D could have caused the insomnia, and she said yes, and not to take it at night."

EvannnaM April 29, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It dehydrates you like crazy and I could not drink enough liquids. My throat got so dry it caused me to cough uncontrollably. For the past 3 nights I could not sleep... Even took 10mg of Ambien which usually knocks me out cold.... But it didn't work. I just found this site and learned that my insomnia is caused by mucinex d. Not worth the lack of sleep!"

Helped clear sinuses but.... March 31, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This was heavennnnnnn... i was very sick on my chest. Two doses and i feel way better and also kinda drugged and dizzy but it is a relief. :)"

MONIQUIiiTA March 30, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I am up in the middle of the night wondering why still awake after 3 hours. In reference to the majority of mucinexdm users i now see why. My heart speeding up then slowing down suddenly was very noticable. Dang it!"

Want to sleep guy March 30, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took mucinex d before bed because by sinuses were congested and I could feel mucus in my lungs making it hard to breathe. Shortly after taking the medication everything loosened up, my nose ran but I could breathe. Unfortunately it's now 6am and I haven't slept a wink and have had a rapid heart rate and anxiety. I have a headache and am too jittery to sleep. I did feel slight nauseous after I took the pill and very dry mouth now."

Kmac715 February 29, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Its been 8 hours I took the second dose and I feel no different, my throat started hurting more after I took it the first time and horrible acidic stomach pain after the second dose. I am not sure if I should wait until the 24 hours.. but so far I'm not liking this medicine."

Chikiiiz February 16, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): " It got rid of my cough but then made my nose run like crazy. Allergy symptoms while suffering from flu is a terrible combination. I am angry that my husband bought me this stuff instead of what I asked for. It kept me up all night and is making me irritable."

Amélie54 February 15, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Awful. Yes this medication did clear up my cough, BUT the side effects were awful! I was extremely jittery, lethargic, anxious, and then became nauseous as well. I would not take this medication again."

KCM18 February 14, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Totally worthless. Made my cough way worse. Every time I fall asleep I wake up coughing and choking. Wish it wear off faster than 12 hours!"

Hinst February 13, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Loosened phlegm but makes you feel VERY dizzy, drowzy, and dehydrated."

Blackbird1391 January 30, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I love Mucinex. I was at the store debating which expectorant to buy because I had so much phlegm in my nose and throat. By looking at the ingredients, Mucinex has a higher dosage of expectorant and cough suppressant versus other brands. I needed something really strong! I took one tablet before I slept and then when I woke up in the morning, the phlegm was almost fully gone!! I was going the whole week without this and unable to breathe. Will definitely take this the next time I get a cold. Only downside is that it's costly compared to other brands... But you get what you pay for [:"

Jennyyy (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Made my cough worst."

Nancyb29 January 18, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I've had pretty bad sinus congestion start and bronchitis is going around my family so I immediately got on Mucinex. The regular Mucinex wasn't doing anything for me (blue box). I bought the maximum strength D and it's been a game changer. I can breath through my nose and I don't feel plugged up at all. I had no trouble sleeping last night BUT I also have to take Melatonin to sleep every night so maybe it off set the jitters some people report. I'm very happy with it. I will keep taking until this is gone."

Sniffles1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Please, if you`re going to try and treat a cold then go the natural route ! I learned the hard way. I`ve been sick with sore throat and nasal congestion since Tuesday-Wednesday and finally I asked my mom to go out and get medicine. My Mom went out and brought me Children`s Mucinex and after taking 2 doses [I`m 18 years old and 2 doses of the children's medicine is equivalent to the original] I lost all senses of smell and it wasn't worth it at all. I regret taking Mucinex and I googled this symptom and the people who has had this problem still has yet to gain there sense of smell back. I'm so afraid. On top of that I feel no real relief, just more pressure on my breathing."

Cee Lanai January 1, 2016