User Reviews for Guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Abletex-PSE, Aldex GS, Altarussin PE, Ambi 60/1000, Ambi 60/580, Ambi 80/780, Ambifed, Ambifed-G, Ami-Tex PSE, Anatuss LA, Aquatab D Dose Pack, Biotuss PE, Coldmist, Coldmist Jr, Coldmist LA, Congestac, D-Feda II, Deco-D, Decongest II, Deconsal LA, Defen-LA, Degen II, Demibid II, Desal II, Despec-SR, Despec-Tab, Drituss GP, Durasal II, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Dynex, Entex PSE, Entex T, Eudal SR, ExeFen, ExeFen-IR, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, G-Phed- PD, GP 500, Guai Sudo, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaibid D, Guaibid D Pediatric, Guaifed, Guaifed-PSE, Guaifenex GP, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guaifenex PSE 60, Guaifenex PSE 80, Guaifenex PSE 85, Guaifenex RX, Guaimax-D, Guaipax PSE, Guaitab, Guaivent (Ethex), Guaivent PD, Guiadrine II, Guiadrine II SR, Guiadrine PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guiatex II, Guiatex II SR, Guiatex PSE, Guiatuss PE, H 9600 SR, Hi Tex PSE, Humibid GC, Iosal II, Iotex PSE, Levall G, Mardrops-EX, Mastussin PE, Maxifed, Maxifed-G, Med-RX, Medent, Medent-LDI, Miraphen PSE, Mucinex D, Mucinex D Maximum Strength, Mucus D, Mucus Relief D, Mytussin PE, Nalex, Nalex CR, Nalex Jr, Nasabid, Nasabid SR, Nasatab LA, Nomuc-PE, Pan-Mist LA, Panmist JR, Panmist LA, Panmist-S, Poly-Vent, Poly-Vent IR, Poly-Vent, Jr., Profen Forte, Profen II, Pseudatex, Pseudo GG, Pseudo GG TR, Pseudo Max, Pseudo-G/PSI, Pseudocot-G, Pseudovent, Pseudovent 400, Pseudovent Ped, Q-Tussin PE, Respa-1st, Respaire-120 SR, Respaire-30, Respaire-60 SR, Robafen PE, Robichem PE, Robitussin Severe Congestion, Ru-Tuss DE, Ru-Tuss Jr., S-Pack, Sinufed, Sinufed Timecelles, Sinutab Non Drying, Stamoist E, Sudafed Non Drying Sinus, Sudal 60/500, Sudal SR, SudaTex-G, Syn-Rx, T-Tussin PE, Tenar PSE, Touro LA, Touro LA-LD, Tusnel Pediatric Drops, Tuss-LA, Tusscidin PE, Tussin PE, Uni Tussin PE, V-Dec-M, Venbid TR, Versacaps, We Mist II LA, We Mist LA, Zaptec PSE, Zephrex, Zephrex LA …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine.

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Recommended by a doctor who knows I don't like to take medication, I went to him with a bad cold ,stuffed nose , and sore throat. Took 2 pills at about noon and symptoms cleared up amazingly quickly . Took 2 about 11:30 at night , went to bed and now it's almost 2 AM and I'm still wide awake. I wish the doctor had warned me, and there definitely should have been a warning on the box....when one is sick one should be able to rest and this is the opposite, and I have a full workday tomorrow and should be at work by 9. I found this site trying to figure out why I am so wide awake"

Spag (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took Mucinex D 600mg twice a day. It works to clear up sinus problems but don't take it at night or you want sleep any. I have also cut mine down to one due to the staggering effect it has given me. Feels like I have been drinking with my left ear stopped up."

Coollady (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It literally kept me up from 9 PM until 9 AM I couldn't sleep at all"

NO SLEEP!! (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :("

Blublu (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "For those experiencing nervousness and jitters just keep in mind pseudoephedrine is a stimulant drug similar to amphetamine and methamphetamine. All cold drugs names with a "D" after them have pseudoephedrine so get the same drug with out the "D" in its name"

molsen13 August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Make sure to take it early in the morning when you have just wake up because you will be awake for hours. Do not take it before sleep like I did, unless you want to stay awake until 6 am following day. Other than that it works"

Anonymous23., July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Thank goodness for Mucinex D! One week ago, I woke up with severe nasal congestion and difficulty breathing which made getting any decent sleep impossible... I tried the other medications with minimal relief, so I decided to take a 600mg prescribed dose of Mucinex D (one pill) and was extremely pleased with how quickly it worked... I drank 16oz of water then fell asleep with the ability to breathe easier... Because my nasal problems have been recurring as soon as the medication wears off, I have resorted to taking a pill to get me through the day and again at night ever since... The taste is unpleasant, but not enough to avoid taking it, because so far, it is the only medication that provides optimum relief with clear nasal passages!"

LynnSATX July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Had congestion for 3 weeks. Doctor gave me anti-biotics and suggested mucinex D twice a day. First two days seemed to help congestion somewhat but was no appetite and somewhat anxious. Third night took at 11pm and slept about 2 hours. Woke up with heart racing and anxiety. I couldn't sleep and was pacing. Effects starting to wear off at 10am. Wish I had seen this site first."

Mike michigan (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This is my second day of using Mucinex. At this point I'm not sure why my doctor recommended it. I never did have congestion, just a sore throat. Anyway, I'll not take it anymore, it's 1:00 a.m., I'm totally exhausted and cannot sleep. Last night it was 12:30 or so, and I finally went to sleep. I'm use to falling asleep around 9:30. I do take sleeping pills and I just took my dose of those, hope it puts me to sleep, otherwise, how do you make it through the next day? I just read the label, guess I missed before that it can cause sleeplessness, or I would't have taken it at all. It's expensive and another drug going in the garbage can!"

Unhappiness April 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Followed directions & took 2x Mucinex D 1200mg at 930PM. Decided to pick this up after bring sick & out of work for 5 days. I was really tired & dozed off at 1130PM. Its 330AM, I can't sleep... I'm wide awake with an extra dry mouth, swelling of the tongue, slight nausea, tossing & turning (anxiety?), tingling/weakness in my arms. Most of my cold symptoms are gone(amazingly!), but I can't shake these side effects right now & am wondering exactly when I'll be able to sleep! I would NOT recommend taking this at night time, & if you are going to try this stuff to start with just 1 pill."

Momokong March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took this about 10 minutes ago. At 1:25ishpm on Feb 26 2017. Will let you know how it works later."

dominoemery (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I took this around 9 pm. I fell right to sleep with no problems. It did not keep me up at all. I woke up and blew my nose, the medicine had worked. It cleared my nose after I blew it. However, the taste is disgusting and I still have a cough."

Kei tai February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I can't seem to see the same results as others. I've been to the urgent care in my area recently for bronchitis and after giving me a nebulizer treatment they sent me on my way with suggestion of Mucinex. Man. This stuff works so well, I haven't seen any issues with sleep or feeling jittery. The package does mention to take with a full glass of water, and to stay hydrated. Maybe that's something the others are missing?"

Peter L (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Cleared up my congestion. I too didn't realize it would leave me sleepless. I am sick and want to sleep so badly but can not. It's 5 am. I have slept 2 hours in the last 24 hours due to this medication. I feel I should be sleeping off this cold and can not. I agree with the other commenters. Take this only in the morning!!!"

Jennnnnnnnnn February 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I went to Urgent Care Center today for a sinus infection. I got a prescription and was told to take mucinex D. I took it a couple of hours ago and I've been feeling weird ever since. It's ineffective so far and I feel kind of dizzy. I want it out of my system NOW."

Pat2468 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "This stuff is torture! I was coughing a little and had some allergy congestion the pharmacist recommend this stuff. Its 2:00 AM I took two pills at 3 in the afternoon and I have been coughing my lungs out ever since. I'm literally coughing so hard I'm sweating and have a headache I feel edgy and there is no hope of getting sleep tonight."

Tired in Colorado February 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Would not recommend. A 20 year old college student who desperately needs sleep but hasn't because the label on the box forgot to highlight and bold "You won't be able to sleep!!" Took two pills at 10:30am and about an hour later I was very jittery, paranoid, anxious and my heart rate was going insane. It's now 10 pm and my eyes are still dilated and I still feel weird. Would not recommend the whole dosage, or just stay clear in general."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Took mucinex D for 7 days have had trouble sleeping but it worked awesome for my cough and congestion. I was told by Doctor I had influenza which is no fun at all. Thought I was dieing never been so sick."

Iroclady February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "The label states 12 hour relief. It worked great for the 1st 4 1/2 hrs. Now I can't take another dose for 12 hrs? Seriously? So what am I suppose to do? Over priced product that doesn't seem to work. Will not be buying this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I currently have the flu and am taking tamiflu. My congestion and cough had me worried I would not be able to sleep so I checked to make sure there wouldn't be any issues taking the mucinex d while also taking tamiflu. I took the mucinex d at 8pm and immediately felt like I couldn't go to sleep. I sat up on the phone for 2 hours listening to a discussion trying to go to sleep. I finally did to only wake up at 2 and be in the same situation I was in before. Unable to go to sleep wide awake. Rest of the number one thing I need right now and I'm not getting it because of the mucinex d. I'm very unhappy with the drug."

Unhappy customer February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "If I could rate this a "0", I would. I took this Mucinex for the first time in the evening and woke up with what I believe to be "polyps" in my nose. There are several hard bumps in my nose...the kind that if you pick at them, they will bleed. I am appalled at the results and not sure where to turn next."

rchristensen1291 February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Serious relief from an aggravating cough that had me physically drained and in pain. But this is day two and 2:12am and yesterday I had maybe two hours accumulated sleep. Cannot switch my brain off and I desperately want to sleep!!! I suggest a day break between where you use DayQuil/NyQuil unless you want to experience what seems to me a crack addict feels."

TawnyaG February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "I take mucinex D 600/60mg every morning for chronic sinus issues. It has helped considerably with sinus headaches. I would not recommend taking the 1200 mg strength, nor should you take 2 of the 600 unless it is EARLY in the morning... and only for a couple of days. The 1200mg strength has 120mg of long acting sudafed... that is too much from my experience. DO NOT take this med after say 12 noon. It will keep you awake for at least 8 hrs! ALSO if you take this long term... it is not something you want to quit suddenly... wean yourself off to prevent irritability, etc."

alchemycreative January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "Have taken Mucinex D several times over the past few years with congestion. It is the best thing out there to make me feel better during the day but I only take it in the morning with food. Even then I usually don't sleep great at night but do not experience the insomnia others are talking about"

sluggo37 January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): "After having a sinus infection for three days, I went to the immediate care center: they recommended Mucinex D and a saline nasal wash. I felt relief from the two combined methods that I started that morning. However, after taking the second dose of Mucinex D that night, I found that I only had a couple of hours of interrupted sleep. Now on my second night, while the congestion is much better, I am still not sleepy - even after hardly sleeping the night before. I checked the Internet and found this site - apparently this is not uncommon. Tomorrow, I will only use it during the day and rely on the saline nasal wash more."

Brooklyn Gal in Chicagoland (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016