User Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion (Page 2)

Also known as: Mucinex D, Entex PSE, Nalex CR, Mardrops-EX, Congestac, Poly-Vent IR, Despec-Tab, Entex T, Guaimax-D, Anatuss LA, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, Guaibid D, Guaifed, Nalex Jr, G-Phed- PD, Guaivent PD, Guaibid D Pediatric, Eudal SR, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Deconsal LA, D-Feda II, Guaifenex PSE 60, Demibid II, Guiadrine II, Guiatex II, Ambifed, Guiadrine II SR, Defen-LA, Decongest II, Desal II, Deco-D, GP 500, Guaifed-PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guiatex PSE, Guai Sudo, Guaipax PSE, Ami-Tex PSE, Mucus D, Ru-Tuss DE, Guaifenex RX, Guaitab, Guiatuss PE, Degen II Guaivent (Ethex) Tusnel Pediatric Drops Altarussin PE Sinutab Non Drying Robitussin Severe Congestion Humibid GC Guaifenex GP Dynex ExeFen-IR Durasal II Guiadrine PSE Guiatex II SR Coldmist Drituss GP Coldmist LA Coldmist Jr Ambifed-G Guaifenex PSE 80 Aldex GS Despec-SR Guaifenex PSE 85 Maxifed ExeFen Mucus Relief D Ambi 60/1000 Ambi 60/580 Ambi 80/780 Mucinex D Maximum Strength Aquatab D Dose Pack …show all brand names

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine

Chace’s dad · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “All I do is simply plan taking this in relation to my sleep routine. I take it in the morning and then that way it has no effect on my sleep and it gives me the entire day to expel whatever needs to come out.”

Lilith · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took some paracetamol and ibuprofen while I was at work and they lasted 8 hours. Tried for first time Mucinex max, it did absolutely nothing. Cost over 3 times the price and does nothing for me... complete waste of money. Just use basic super cheap ibuprofen and paracetamol, actually works to stop 99% of nose and cough based colds (for me at least)”

Shirley · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This is going into the trash. I took this at 4pm. It cleared my nose but my cough is still out of control. I took my nightly melatonin at around 10:30pm and went right to sleep. It’s now almost 4am. I’ve been up for two hours and will probably be up until I have to get to the gym and work in a couple of hours. Avoid this stuff, the pseudoephedrine keeps you awake.”

Re · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Well, like practically every other user here, I am up staring at the walls ! I’m sick I had just needed good nights sleep but that’s not happening on this medication !!! You will NOT be able to get any sleep at all due to the pseudoephedrine ! Most of us can’t afford to donate a nights sleep take a cold medication . It’s pricey and the side effects are beyond ridiculous ! However I don’t care how much I paid for tomorrow it’s going in the trash !! I just want to sleep but it’s nowhere in sight !!!!”

NatHames February 19, 2018

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “No complaints, my husband left to go to the pharmacy at 2am to pick up anything to bring me comfort. I've had flu like symptoms since last Wednesday, got through the worst but now left conquering thick phlegm that I'd have to cough so hard to try to get out my head felt swollen and my eyes would get burning hot bringing on horrible throat and headache. Ok so took this at 2:15am and within a half hour I was asleep, and slept until I had to take my children to school at 8:30am. This has made the mucus so much easier to get "up and out" I do not have to hack so hard. For my experience this has helped so much I wish I had taken this a full day earlier. He also got me the day/night pack, I plan on taking the night pill at about 7pm being that I hope I can make it to work tomorrow and want plenty of sleep. I feel sleepy now even with my 215am dose. I am normally very sensitive to medications but have not experienced high heart rate, dizziness or nausea. I would buy again.”

Csandi February 6, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Terrible product! Won't buy it ever again. I took it at 9 p.m. Unfortunately without checking the side effects. My cough is somehow got better but it's 2 a.m. and I'm still anxiously awake! I have a toddler, I can't afford to stay awake when he is finally asleep. Don't buy it! Not worth it!”

IAawake February 2, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I was starting to feel like a head and sinus condition coming on and with our tropical vacay coming up in 10 days, I for sure wanted to kick it in the butt. Well, I took my first dose this evening at 9 pm, went to bed because of an early work schedule and slept soundly till 11:30 pm. It is now 2:30 am and I have experienced rapid heart beat, nausea and jittery. I laid there for 2 hrs thinking I could go back to sleep, and here I am. Kinda wished the pharmacist would have given me a heads up. Now this is kickin me in the butt!”

Jonnyboy777 February 1, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Mucinex D does its' job well but the side effects are ridiculous. I've been sleep deprived for 2 days because of this drug, and so I stopped taking it. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG WITHIN 12 HOURS BEFORE YOU SLEEP!”

Helped January 31, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I’m not coughing!! I think this will keep my sinuses from getting infected. I’m going to take NyQuil Cough at night as this seems to keep people awake. I don’t loathe price, but if it can clear me up and get me past the drainage and cough...”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This is my second day taking Mucinex for a bad cold. It’s not worth it! It has cleared my nose and throat completely but I CANNOT GET ANY SLEEP! Which is the pseudoephedrine side effect. I feel more miserable not being able to sleep than I did with the cold! On top of that my heart has been racing for hours and I started to get very anxious and nervous. I took this yesterday at 6pm, it’s now 3am and I’m wide awake. Never again!”

Julzuk January 22, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I took it at about 5 pm today when my cough was getting worse. It is now 5:30 am and I haven't slept one bit. I am so jittery, nauseous, and dizzy. My heart is racing and my whole body is shaking. My cough is significantly better but the fact that I will not be getting sleep tonight for even a minute is quite the turn off. I will never take this drug again.”

Ash Houston · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took one pill at 8pm. It’s now 3:32am and my Apple Watch just calculated a 116bpm heart rate. I’m also coughing so hard my rib is twinging. I think this drug is a hit or miss... my husband who took it is sound asleep next to me.”

Erin_C_MA January 5, 2018

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I confess that the price on this one gave me a bit of sticker shock. But after two days of little sleep with a stuffy nose from a cold...well, desperate times. The pills are large - something to take into consideration - but these work AMAZINGLY well! The presence of pseudoephedrine makes these difficult to find; you can't order them online and you have to show a license to get your hands on them in the store. But they're worth the trouble. The first night I took them I slept all night. It did give me heart palpitations, due to the pseudoephedrine, a stimulant, but in my case that's a side effect I was willing to live with. I hate to spend money (these cost us $32) but the great results made me a believer in this case!”

So much anxiety · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I took one around 7:30 at night and I’ve probably slept a few hours. I already have bad anxiety and a panic disorder so this just pushed my anxiety through the roof. My nose feels so much better but having this feeling is not worth it at all. I have the jitters, heart racing, and almost full panic attack. For other with this problem I don’t recommend taking it at night and just be super cautious during the day. I’ll be staring at the wall for the next couple hours waiting for this to pass.”

Mitsy198879u December 16, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This medicine cleared my nose but also made me feel dizzy, gave me tremors, nausea, and made my heart POUND. I felt awful after taking this and wouldn't recommend to anyone.”

DC87 November 22, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Made the cough go away, two days later and zero hours of sleep. Give me the cough all day. Honestly this things make you feel like your on drugs. If you are trying to achieve a legal high that you can buy at the store this is for you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING”

Cfen · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “So, I am not one to take medications much and I don't take any medicine on a regular basis, but Mucinex D is definitely a must in my medicine cabinet for that severe once a year bug. It CAN cause sleeplessness in the night but with that in mind I usually take it at 7 am and 7 pm if I even take a second dose at all during a 24 hour period. I cannot sleep when I get a cold and though this medication can keep me awake, it is still a better alternative to suffering through a night of clearing my throat and getting up to blow my nose multiple times. For the record I only take 1 at a time and have quick results with no other side effects besides the sleeplessness. Choose wisely y'all, this stuff can be a miracle if you need one.”

Spag · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Recommended by a doctor who knows I don't like to take medication, I went to him with a bad cold ,stuffed nose , and sore throat. Took 2 pills at about noon and symptoms cleared up amazingly quickly . Took 2 about 11:30 at night , went to bed and now it's almost 2 AM and I'm still wide awake. I wish the doctor had warned me, and there definitely should have been a warning on the box....when one is sick one should be able to rest and this is the opposite, and I have a full workday tomorrow and should be at work by 9. I found this site trying to figure out why I am so wide awake”

Coollady · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I took Mucinex D 600mg twice a day. It works to clear up sinus problems but don't take it at night or you want sleep any. I have also cut mine down to one due to the staggering effect it has given me. Feels like I have been drinking with my left ear stopped up.”

NO SLEEP!! · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “It literally kept me up from 9 PM until 9 AM I couldn't sleep at all”

Blublu · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2017

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :(”

molsen13 August 1, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “For those experiencing nervousness and jitters just keep in mind pseudoephedrine is a stimulant drug similar to amphetamine and methamphetamine. All cold drugs names with a "D" after them have pseudoephedrine so get the same drug with out the "D" in its name”

Anonymous23., July 14, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Make sure to take it early in the morning when you have just wake up because you will be awake for hours. Do not take it before sleep like I did, unless you want to stay awake until 6 am following day. Other than that it works”

LynnSATX July 9, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Thank goodness for Mucinex D! One week ago, I woke up with severe nasal congestion and difficulty breathing which made getting any decent sleep impossible... I tried the other medications with minimal relief, so I decided to take a 600mg prescribed dose of Mucinex D (one pill) and was extremely pleased with how quickly it worked... I drank 16oz of water then fell asleep with the ability to breathe easier... Because my nasal problems have been recurring as soon as the medication wears off, I have resorted to taking a pill to get me through the day and again at night ever since... The taste is unpleasant, but not enough to avoid taking it, because so far, it is the only medication that provides optimum relief with clear nasal passages!”

Mike michigan · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2017

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Had congestion for 3 weeks. Doctor gave me anti-biotics and suggested mucinex D twice a day. First two days seemed to help congestion somewhat but was no appetite and somewhat anxious. Third night took at 11pm and slept about 2 hours. Woke up with heart racing and anxiety. I couldn't sleep and was pacing. Effects starting to wear off at 10am. Wish I had seen this site first.”

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion