User Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion (Page 4)

Also known as: Mucinex D, Entex PSE, Nalex CR, Mardrops-EX, Congestac, Poly-Vent IR, Despec-Tab, Entex T, Guaimax-D, Anatuss LA, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, Guaibid D, Guaifed, Nalex Jr, G-Phed- PD, Guaivent PD, Guaibid D Pediatric, Eudal SR, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Deconsal LA, D-Feda II, Guaifenex PSE 60, Demibid II, Guiadrine II, Guiatex II, Ambifed, Guiadrine II SR, Defen-LA, Decongest II, Desal II, Deco-D, GP 500, Guaifed-PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guiatex PSE, Guai Sudo, Guaipax PSE, Ami-Tex PSE, Mucus D, Ru-Tuss DE, Guaifenex RX, Guaitab, Guiatuss PE, Degen II Guaivent (Ethex) Tusnel Pediatric Drops Altarussin PE Sinutab Non Drying Robitussin Severe Congestion Humibid GC Guaifenex GP Dynex ExeFen-IR Durasal II Guiadrine PSE Guiatex II SR Coldmist Drituss GP Coldmist LA Coldmist Jr Ambifed-G Guaifenex PSE 80 Aldex GS Despec-SR Guaifenex PSE 85 Maxifed ExeFen Mucus Relief D Ambi 60/1000 Ambi 60/580 Ambi 80/780 Mucinex D Maximum Strength Aquatab D Dose Pack …show all brand names

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine

Shelly816 · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “It's 3 am, and I'm wide awake. Took Mucinex at 1 pm this afternoon which helped relieve some of the pressure in my head caused by congestion. Took NyQuil at 9:30 pm, hoping it would knock me out like it usually does but no such luck. I only took 1 pill at 1 pm yesterday, but I guess since it's a 12 hour medicine and I'm a small female (103 lbs, 5'4"), it's still affecting me a lot. My husband swears Mucinex made him feel better but I say no thank you. I'd rather blow my nose all day and be able to sleep at night. Will not be taking again.”

Bobbie Jo, RMA · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I disagree with the other reviews, two doses and I'm feeling a bit better with the antibiotics. Only downfall so far. Nausea!”

Amber2885 September 20, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took this with food. Made me feel very lethargic and jittery at the same time. My appetite is gone. My congestion is cleared but I can't wait for this medication to wear off. My heart rate speeds up as well. Dry mouth, yuck.”

Anonymous September 18, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took this for relief as I looked and sounded pretty bad. I was keeping everyone up with my coughing and sneezing. I don't take medicine but I caved in and grabbed this. I guess from hours of exhaustion I passed out but woke up 2 hours later just wide awake! I couldn't go back to sleep, which made me so incredibly mad. I'm already an anxious person who is paranoid about everything. So this didn't help. It helped my cough calm down but the next day it was worse. I was able to sleep without feeling like my nose was plugged up!”

Liz77 September 9, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I tend to get a sinus infection at least twice a year. The only thing that helps me during this time is Musinex D. However, after the first time taking it and not being able to sleep I decided to take one pill every 6 hours instead of 2 pills every 12. Taking it this way allows me to breath and still be able to sleep at night. For me it is a miracle worker.”

Clarence j August 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Can't help but laugh reading everyone's responses here.. Yes I guess the mucinex helped my congestion maybe 20% more than if I hadn't taken it... BUT I'm wide awake as my mind is racing like I'm on crack .. Paranoid.. Can't sleep a wink. Never done crack but if I had to guess side effects would be similar.. Bummer . Just another confirmation that all natural and a few days longer is better than watching the sun come up while random paranoia thoughts race through the brain. Wish I read the fine print before I starting dosing”

Vanessa v93 · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Definitely helped relieve my sinus pressure and loosen up mucous. I did feel nauseous after taking mucinex D. It's 2:18am and I'm still up so I decided to google insomnia and mucinex D.. And here I am. At least my congestion improved.”

Alyssa M. July 20, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I took the liquid version at work one day to help with my cough and it worked better than I thought and faster than the pills. Although, I was sleepy all day and I don't recall reading the words "may cause drowsiness" on the bottle. Perhaps they were there and I did no see them.”

Don't take it · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “ I think I much like the other people on this site who are up at 4 am still trying to go to sleep. It didn't help my cough at all. It actually made it worse. I've had really bad anxiety all night and probably won't sleep for the next 5 days.”

I'll use again · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I hardly ever get sick and I been working out of town and I started having sinus and breathing problems I went to a Walgreens and the pharmacist recommend this and told me about side effects and you need to drink alot and it does mess with your sleep but I don't feel tired either I'd rather feel better and live with a couple days of minor side effects than to be miserable”

Babyboymilan June 24, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Awful as I'm writing this. Its 1:30 am and I am up, and I can't sleep, and it made me cough so much more!!! I have a baby and now that I can't sleep because of this medicine I'm going to be miserable tomorrow!! I Don't recommended to anyone!”

Heidikins · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took my first dose Mucinex D at 1030am yesterday took a small nap around 1230 for about half hour and have been awake since its now 8am the next day, yes I finally feel relief in my sinuses, I no longer look like a puffy faced Darth Vader sounded and its cleaning up a ton of congestion but sleeping is not in my favor.. ugh but I'm glad it's clearing things up for me.. just need some sleep”

EvannnaM April 29, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Musinex D worked great to clear up my chest congestion that two rounds of antibiotics didn't touch. But I didn't know that a side effect was insomnia. So, although I started feeling better soon after taking it last night, I was well aware of how good I was feeling right on up to 3am! I asked the pharmacist at our local store if Musinex D could have caused the insomnia, and she said yes, and not to take it at night.”

Helped clear sinuses but.... March 31, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “It dehydrates you like crazy and I could not drink enough liquids. My throat got so dry it caused me to cough uncontrollably. For the past 3 nights I could not sleep... Even took 10mg of Ambien which usually knocks me out cold.... But it didn't work. I just found this site and learned that my insomnia is caused by mucinex d. Not worth the lack of sleep!”

MONIQUIiiTA March 30, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This was heavennnnnnn... i was very sick on my chest. Two doses and i feel way better and also kinda drugged and dizzy but it is a relief. :)”

Want to sleep guy March 30, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I am up in the middle of the night wondering why still awake after 3 hours. In reference to the majority of mucinexdm users i now see why. My heart speeding up then slowing down suddenly was very noticable. Dang it!”

Kmac715 February 29, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I took mucinex d before bed because by sinuses were congested and I could feel mucus in my lungs making it hard to breathe. Shortly after taking the medication everything loosened up, my nose ran but I could breathe. Unfortunately it's now 6am and I haven't slept a wink and have had a rapid heart rate and anxiety. I have a headache and am too jittery to sleep. I did feel slight nauseous after I took the pill and very dry mouth now.”

Chikiiiz February 16, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Its been 8 hours I took the second dose and I feel no different, my throat started hurting more after I took it the first time and horrible acidic stomach pain after the second dose. I am not sure if I should wait until the 24 hours.. but so far I'm not liking this medicine.”

Amélie54 February 15, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “ It got rid of my cough but then made my nose run like crazy. Allergy symptoms while suffering from flu is a terrible combination. I am angry that my husband bought me this stuff instead of what I asked for. It kept me up all night and is making me irritable.”

KCM18 February 14, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Awful. Yes this medication did clear up my cough, BUT the side effects were awful! I was extremely jittery, lethargic, anxious, and then became nauseous as well. I would not take this medication again.”

Hinst February 13, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Totally worthless. Made my cough way worse. Every time I fall asleep I wake up coughing and choking. Wish it wear off faster than 12 hours!”

Blackbird1391 January 30, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Loosened phlegm but makes you feel VERY dizzy, drowzy, and dehydrated.”

Jennyyy · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I love Mucinex. I was at the store debating which expectorant to buy because I had so much phlegm in my nose and throat. By looking at the ingredients, Mucinex has a higher dosage of expectorant and cough suppressant versus other brands. I needed something really strong! I took one tablet before I slept and then when I woke up in the morning, the phlegm was almost fully gone!! I was going the whole week without this and unable to breathe. Will definitely take this the next time I get a cold. Only downside is that it's costly compared to other brands... But you get what you pay for [:”

Nancyb29 January 18, 2016

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Made my cough worst.”

Sniffles1987 · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2016

Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I've had pretty bad sinus congestion start and bronchitis is going around my family so I immediately got on Mucinex. The regular Mucinex wasn't doing anything for me (blue box). I bought the maximum strength D and it's been a game changer. I can breath through my nose and I don't feel plugged up at all. I had no trouble sleeping last night BUT I also have to take Melatonin to sleep every night so maybe it off set the jitters some people report. I'm very happy with it. I will keep taking until this is gone.”

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion