User Reviews for Mono-Linyah

Mono-Linyah has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 77 ratings on Drugs.com. 27% of those users who reviewed Mono-Linyah reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
Ovarian Cysts  Off-label
Summary of Mono-Linyah reviews 4.6 77 reviews

Reviews for Mono-Linyah

gg · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been on Mono-Linyah for about a year now and I am actually kind of shocked to see so many bad reviews! I started taking this mainly for hormonal acne, though I still get a few pimples every now and then right before my cycle, my acne has improved a lot. I have not really had any adverse side effects (weight gain, irritability, spotting, ect.) the only thing I do get is more breast tenderness. But other than that this BC works well for me. If you're scared because of the reviews please remember all our bodies are different! Also, if you incorporate healthy eating, exercise, and meditation into your everyday life then there will be a much less chance for negative side effects!”

VS · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “I began taking Mono-Linyah to help with menstrual pain, but I've only taken it for a week, so I can't comment on its effectiveness in that regard. However, I have diagnosed depression and self-diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder - I would not recommend this birth control to those who share my situation. While taking this medication I've experienced worse depression and awful mood swings, to the point of paranoid delusions and suicidal thoughts - those of which I haven't had after years of steady recovery. Please be safe and keep an eye on your mental health if you take this medication.”

Kris April 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on various forms of mono-linyah for 11 years(Ortho cyclen and Sprintec). I am tired often & generally fatigued. I attribute that to birth control but also forget what it’s like to feel normal without it. I got on it to help with acne & it definitely helped me a bit but not much. My sis was also on it for 13 years & just got off of it & did a birth control cleanse & feels so much better. She doesn’t lash out & have mood swings anymore & her “dark thoughts” have gone away. BC in general can give you mood issues. So overall I would say this is a great BC compared to most. This option is MUCH better than the nexplanon implant. I have friends who have had the implant and they gained weight and had terrible acne. MonoLinyah doesn’t get rid of sex drive but it definitely lessens it a bit compared to another one I was on that had the opposite affect. Other BC’s made me loose hair or break out but not this one.BC in general has many side affects. So pick your poison.”

Liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was so scared to start taking this pill because I came on here and read all the negative reviews. But what you have to remember is that everyone's body is different and will react differently on this medication. For me, I have not had any changes whatsoever. I am still completely the same person I was before I started taking mono-linyah. No mood swings, cravings, bleeding, depression, or anything negative like that. If you are about to start this medication and are worried after seeing all the terrible reviews, just remember I was scared to take it too and I couldn't be happier with it. I have nothing bad to say about it! Just remember everyone is different and if you have a negative reaction to it there are plenty of other options to try!”

Alyssa November 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “If I could give this medication a lower rating than 1/10 I would. I was told “Mono-Linyah” is a generic form of Sprintec. This can’t be any more different in the affect it is having on me. I have been on Mono-Linyah for approximately 9 months. I don’t know how I stayed on it for this long. I trusted my doctor when she told me it was a generic form of Sprintec. I gained about 15 pounds in the 9 months I’ve been on this pill. My acne has been awful while on this pill. The biggest and most drastic change in myself, other than the weight gain, was my mood changes. My anxiety was already pretty bad, but while on Mono-Linyah, it made me feel I couldn’t manage it. I started to have mood swings, dark thoughts, anxiety attacks, and would cry all of the time. I regret not realizing this medication was the reason for all of my symptoms earlier on.”

Casey · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking Mono-Linyah for about 6 months now and it works in the form of preventing pregnancy but it has created quite a few other issues for me. I didn’t break out and my periods got lighter and my cramps did go away, but my mood swings were terrible. I got super depressed a month into taking it. I also was always so irritated and moody that it created a lot of tension in my relationships. I never realized it was from the pill for a few months and I ended up getting even more frustrated because I couldn’t do anything about the way I was acting and feeling. My stress did go away while taking the pill but my sex drive also completely disappeared as well.”

Lo April 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I decided to share a review on this birth control because I saw so many negative responses. I have been taking Mono-Linyah for 10 months now and I have never had any bad side effects, my skin cleared up and I actually lost weight. I just want to remind everyone that reads these reviews that not all birth controls will work the same way for us!! You can not sit and read what people write. Talk to your doctor, see what they suggest and go from there. Unfortunately some people have to try a few before they find the right one. Good luck!”

lexa · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for about 2 years. At first this pill does the job, relives cramps and lessens bleeding, but recently these symptoms have come back. I have miserable cramping, heavy bleeding, and extreme backaches (to the point I can’t walk). Along with this, about a week before my period even starts I not only become depressed, I also experience almost suicidal thoughts. These things have made my period one of the most miserable things that I have to deal with each month.”

Gigi97 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Never experienced and bad side effects from Mono-Linyah and tada I’m not pregnant. Ladies remember that not all hormonal birth controls will work the same for everyone so don’t take the severely negative comments to strongly”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Mono-Linyah for 5 months now and I am so disappointed and unhappy with it. I get frequent headaches, they last all day, sometimes they last for 2-3 days at a time, They're almost unbearable. My periods have gotten even heavier than they were before I started taking this, and they last for about 6 or 7 days. I just got off my period 5 days ago and I'm back on it again right now. I have had a period literally every other week since I started taking Mono-linyah. Most people notice weight gain while taking most birth controls, but I've been losing weight. I was 120lbs when I started it 5 months ago and now I'm only 104lbs. I feel like I'm in such an irritable mood all the time, I'm always so tired and have no energy, but also can't sleep at night, and my anxiety has been terrible. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. Hopefully my dr will change it when I see her next month. I really don't want to keep taking this rubbish.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah is a great birth control. I’ve been trying different pills or 10 years and this is the one that has lasted the longest with literally no side effects. The severely negative comments seem when starting birth control when you deal with the side effects of increasing hormones. This is a great pill and I always recommend it.”

HappyHappyFoo April 11, 2014

For Birth Control: “I'm on Mono Linyah and I have a love hate relationship. I've been on it for a month and my 32A breasts are now 32B breasts. I'm underweight and struggle with weight gain but this pill has helped me put on pounds. I'm hungry a lot lol. My skin is totally clear, not even any blackheads, which is great. But my mood swings are extreme. On the active pill it's bad but I can handle it, but on the last week (period week) it's awful. I cry several times a day and can't get a hold of myself no matter what I do. My period was heavier than ever and I cramped horribly. But, it was short. I find it hard to concentrate due to mood swings but I just drink some herbal tea and am usually fine afterwards. Love/hate relationship.”

Dahlia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I have been taking this medication for 4 months now and have been bleeding heavy for 4 months straight with severe cramping. I have been having severe mood swings and increased depression. This was prescribed to help slow down the process of my endometriosis returning and my bleeding has been heavier than before my surgery.”

Flora · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

For Acne: “I have been on 4 different types of birth control pills and Mono-Linyah was the only one that worked for me. It cleared up my skin and caused less breakouts. It didn’t change my sex drive or chase mood swings. When Mono-Linyah ran out of supply in my pharmacy and I got switched over to a generic, I changed back to Mono-Linyah just after a month because the side effects were so bad. Definitely staying with this. Also works great as birth control.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “Do not take Mono-Linyah birth control! I’ve been taking it for a week and I broke out really bad in the sense of huge cystic acne and dry irritated skin! I’ve never had that before and my face is so bad right now I’ve been crying for 2 days straight whether that be hormonal crying or I’m just super upset about my face. I was put on this birth control by my gyno to fix my acne and hormones meanwhile it made it worse. They always say it has to get worse before it can get better but I kid you not I didn’t take my pill last night and I woke up with already better looking, glowing skin. I have also been lighting spotting since I started this pill. Take at your own risk please.”

Texasblondie March 19, 2021

For Birth Control: “So I was on sprintec for about 3 years, then my doctor changed me to Mono-Linyah with out asking me if I was okay with that. She told me how it is the same pill just the generic brand and I wouldn’t even notice a difference. Well I don’t believe that one bit. My hormones are everywhere, I’m emotional all the time, my horrible cramps came back, and I’ve gained 10 lbs in 2 months. My diet or exercise routine hasn’t changed at all. I am very upset because I loved Sprintec and never felt a difference with my body. This pill has given me most of the side effects it lists. I do not recommend.”

Queenie101 June 12, 2020

For Acne: “This birth control Momo-Linyah has been absolutely HORRIBLE for my acne. I started taking this when Mononessa was discontinued. I regret taking this pill. My complexion had been cleared thanks to previously taking Yaz/Yasmin but this has messed it up. I have cystic acne and post acne scars. I am now trying to get back on ocella/yas/yasmin to clear up my complexion ...”

Madi · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 4, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for almost 2 years I believe. I suffer from bad acne and it hasn’t necessarily helped but it hasn’t made it worse either. I still get my regular breakouts a week before my period like I always have. I used to have terrible cramps to the point where I couldn’t move and it didn’t do much the first 6 months but now they aren’t as bad as they used to be. But I also have been taking those Flo Gummies since January 2021 which seem to help with that.”

Zoieee March 2, 2017

For Birth Control: “Been on it for 2 years. I don't get acne, right before my period I might get a pimple or 2 but very minor. Helps decrease the intensity of my cramps. Regulated my abnormal period (I would go months without having one) I only bleed for 4-5 days. Period is lighter. I get emotional and very ill before my period but I did that before I was on BC. It works. Not pregnant and happy :D”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “I had taken Xulane (patch) for a year and wanted to try something different so my doctor prescribed me this pill. Everything was fine for the first 2 weeks but on the start of the third week I ended up passing out for the first time in my life. My anxiety before this pill was manageable and I didn't need medication to function. At the third week point I started having anxiety every day that felt out of control, I couldn't get a hold of myself and had severe chills, tinnitus, headaches, numbness in my hands, and depressive thoughts. If you have any mental health issues no matter how small I would choose another pill. Please don't suffer the way I have”

K · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah was an okay birth control. I have been on it for a little over a year and have finally realized that it’s the reason I absolutely have no sex drive and the reason I’ve been losing hair. Other than that, it’s been a good birth control.”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was originally on a different pill, but my insurance wouldn’t cover the name brand, so I was switched to Mono-linyah. The first month I took this, I suffered from painful cramps, and mood swings. I attributed these to switching birth control, and after the first month they went away. I continued using this pill for a year with little side effects, and a lighter, shorter period, yay! But after a year, all the benefits stopped. My acne has exploded! My hair is thinning and falling out. I bleed randomly between periods, and during my regular period I experience horrible cramps and really heavy bleeding. I started experiencing abnormal levels of anxiety and panic attacks, and I slipped into a really dark depressive state for 2-3 months. The only reason I’m still taking this pill is because it does its job in the sense that it prevents pregnancy. I will be seeing a doctor soon to switch.”

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this pill for about 5 days. Previous to this I’ve been on various types of birth control but I’ve never had side effects like this. It has given me such bad stomach pains and nausea that I’m currently sitting in a hot bath at 5 am because I got desperate to feel better and I couldn’t sleep. Birth controls definitely have different effects on different people so don’t let this turn you off, just be careful.”

Lovemykids88 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “This medicine got a three star rating only because I'm not pregnant. These pills make me so sick 24/7. I'm so tired, moody, irritable, nauseous like you wouldn't believe, and I've never had terrible cramps until I started taking this medication. I'm currently waiting for a response from my doctor about switching!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “The Mono-Linyah is absolute WORST. I’ve been using mono nessa for 5 years and my pharmacy was out of it last week. They only had Mono Linyah in stock and I needed to start my new pack. So of course I took it. WITHIN 4 DAYS MY FACE BROKE OUT WITH THE WORST ACNE EVER!!!!! I called the pharmacy today and they said the manufacturer of mononessa isn’t selling it anymore? I have no idea what to do but I need to get off this and now I’m scared to try any other generics because of the reaction I had. Seriously don’t take this.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2019

For Acne: “I guess everyone’s experience is way different . Everyone seems to have had a bad experience with Mono Linyah but for meI on the other hand have been on this BC for the past 5 years and it has done wonders. I have never gotten pregnant and I use this for acne. I had really bad acne as a teen and this was able to control my acne , and my oily face . Of course I get a break out here and there when I’m about to start my period but nothing major. I then got off of Mono Linyah for about 4 months and my oily face came back and I broke out like crazy. I just got back on it because this was the only medication able to help with my acne.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah seems to be a good and easy pill. No major PMS so I think the hormone levels work for me. But worst packaging ever. I lose at least 2 pills a month cause I can't get them our, then if pops out and lands somewhere on the floor and I can't find it! Covered by my insurance. Overall good pills but horrible packaging for birth control”

gb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2021

“I also wanted to provide a little positivity to offset the bad reviews! This was the first birth control I have ever taken (I have gotten through the app Nurx) and I have been really pleased with it! I have been taking it for just over 6 months now and have not really noticed any changes. My period is 4-5 days now and is super regular, I haven't experienced any weight changes or bad mood changes. I may be slightly more emotional? But who knows whether that is the birth control or the pandemic. It has worked great for me with no bad side effects and there is no reason for me to switch!”