User Reviews for Mono-Linyah (Page 2)

Acne 6.8
Birth Control 5.0
Endometriosis 3.0
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2.3
Ovarian Cysts 1.0
Summary of Mono-Linyah reviews 4.7 57 reviews

Reviews for Mono-Linyah

Jenn · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for 14 months and initially I got the most intense cravings ever and as soon as I eat something I feel nauseous to the point where I can’t eat anymore. Period is the same length but slightly lighter. I am still taking this pill but changing to the patch in a week because my side effects won’t go away. My mood swings have been all over the place, I find myself crying for no reason and I’m never happy don’t even get out of the house it’s so depressing. I am 5’7” and weight 115lbs and so far lost 6 pounds. I have nothing left to lose!! Thought I would gain but lost weight instead. I hope the patch will work better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “The Mono-Linyah is absolute WORST. I’ve been using mono nessa for 5 years and my pharmacy was out of it last week. They only had Mono Linyah in stock and I needed to start my new pack. So of course I took it. WITHIN 4 DAYS MY FACE BROKE OUT WITH THE WORST ACNE EVER!!!!! I called the pharmacy today and they said the manufacturer of mononessa isn’t selling it anymore? I have no idea what to do but I need to get off this and now I’m scared to try any other generics because of the reaction I had. Seriously don’t take this.”

hatrat · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “I'm usually not one to write reviews like this but this pill caused me so much grief I feel I need to. Anyone who has any form of mental illness BEWARE of this pill. I had such terrible depression and anxiety while on this pill that I couldn't get out of bed for days on end. It also affected my thyroid so severely I lost almost 50 pounds in two months without doing anything to change my diet or activity level. I have never had this much acne on my face in my entire life to the point I don't like to leave my house anymore. One thing I will say, it didn't affect the flow of my period very much it stayed relatively consistent as if I wasn't on the pill. I don't recommend this pill to anyone really, it caused a lot of hardship these past few weeks that I wouldn't wish on anybody.”

00sol00 October 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have to say in my personal experience it caused no nausea not excess bleeding but the mood swings were horrible beyond belief. The first month of taking a little bit before my period started I would just be angry for absolutely no reason. The next month the same thing. It progressively got worse to the point I was having very dark thoughts which I almost acted on it. I stopped them immediately. That anger went away. I'm on another pill that works better now.”

1999 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on this medication for almost a month and I’ve never been more miserable!! Constantly nauseated/vomiting, anxiety and nervousness was crazy! I’m also in nursing school which made it difficult for me to study and stay focused with being so sick! I do not recommend this medication!!! Also getting it out of my system look 3-4 days. Too much estrogen for me!!”

Bjsiai · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

For Endometriosis: “Reading these reviews has really shed so much light on my situation. Since I started taking this pill, I've experienced extreme mood swings/depression. I often experience nausea and have gained 20 pounds in a year. I don't know if that is directly because of the pill or more related to the depression/exhaustion that I experience. On the bright side, my periods and cramps are much more manageable, I break out less, and I'm not pregnant. It does what it's supposed to do but I don't think that it's right for me. I'm going to talk to my gyno to try to find a better fit.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah seems to be a good and easy pill. No major PMS so I think the hormone levels work for me. But worst packaging ever. I lose at least 2 pills a month cause I can't get them our, then if pops out and lands somewhere on the floor and I can't find it! Covered by my insurance. Overall good pills but horrible packaging for birth control”

Snoww · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “Just started taking this 4 days ago. It's been 3 days since I've been able to eat. Decreased appetite cause I'm not hungry but I can't keep anything down. Going to the doctor as soon as I can to figure this out”

tee · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

For Birth Control: “This pill is ok. I'm taking it now but I don't like it because my period is usually 5-6 days, but since I started this medication I'm bleeding way to heavy. I'm done taking this medication.”

Lo April 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I decided to share a review on this birth control because I saw so many negative responses. I have been taking Mono-Linyah for 10 months now and I have never had any bad side effects, my skin cleared up and I actually lost weight. I just want to remind everyone that reads these reviews that not all birth controls will work the same way for us!! You can not sit and read what people write. Talk to your doctor, see what they suggest and go from there. Unfortunately some people have to try a few before they find the right one. Good luck!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2019

For Acne: “I guess everyone’s experience is way different . Everyone seems to have had a bad experience with Mono Linyah but for meI on the other hand have been on this BC for the past 5 years and it has done wonders. I have never gotten pregnant and I use this for acne. I had really bad acne as a teen and this was able to control my acne , and my oily face . Of course I get a break out here and there when I’m about to start my period but nothing major. I then got off of Mono Linyah for about 4 months and my oily face came back and I broke out like crazy. I just got back on it because this was the only medication able to help with my acne.”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is my second review, I was put on this birth control because my prior one gave me irregular periods. This birth control is the worst, but it is seriously amazing for my periods. But has destroyed my face. I never had an issue with pimples or acne until now. I now have over 50 pimples on my face and it’s depressing. I have now been switched to something norg-ee which is suppose to be a lower dose version. Since my Gyno is surprised that a pill designed for acne is causing acne.”

ballin1221 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “During the time I took this medication I gained nearly 25 lbs with no change in my eating and exercising habits. Towards the end of my nearly 2 year experience, I began to get horrible migraines very frequently. They were unlike any I had ever had before, I wouldn’t be able to go on with my day if I started to devolop one and often times sleeping them off did not work. I believe it changed my mood drastically and caused excess anxiety and waves of depression. And the worst part, my sex drive was absolutely 0. Now that I have stopped taking this pill I have further realized how awful it made me feel! I just got Kyleena placed a few weeks ago and I’m hoping that will help me continue my path to feeling my normal self after 2 years. I gave this a 4 star because I never got pregnant while taking this correctly and it was easily accessible.”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill for 2 months now, prior I was on Lo le estrin, which I was on my period constantly for even a month one time. This pill is great so far for my period but horrible for acne. I’ve never had acne, and now my face is in constant brake outs. I get a new zit everyday. I’m going to do the full 3 months and if the breakouts continue , advise my Gyno I need to go on a different pill”

Rosebud · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on birth control for almost a year, and have been on three different brands. The first one was okay then I was put on sprintec and I loved it. Everything was normal. When I went to my pharmacy for refills, they gave me mono-linyah. I've been on it for 1 week and almost 3 days. I've never been more miserable!”

indystonmai · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 14, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for about 2 months now and I feel no different for the most part. No mood swings (probably because I'm also on an antidepressant) no skin changes, no cramps, no spotting, no headaches. The only thing I've noticed is my ph balance has been a little off. Not sure if it correlates.”

Megsh · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2018

For Birth Control: “Please do not take this pill. I have never been so sick in my life. I only took two days of the pill and had to stop because I could not leave bed. I was throwing up everything I put into my system and wasn’t able to eat for 48 hours. Also my period got super heavy to the point where I thought I needed to go to the ER. This medication made me feel awful.”

Lovemykids88 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “This medicine got a three star rating only because I'm not pregnant. These pills make me so sick 24/7. I'm so tired, moody, irritable, nauseous like you wouldn't believe, and I've never had terrible cramps until I started taking this medication. I'm currently waiting for a response from my doctor about switching!”

Shon · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2018

For Birth Control: “Its been a month on the pills and I have notice me spotting on the second and the beginning of the third on the placebo pills I was very drowsy and drained and my period was a little heavy and the cramps weren't so bad but I notice during the spotting sometimes my blood was brown and and when my period actually started it was brown. The pills seems okay but if I have the same problem this month I would try to change....”

em · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2018

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for a few months now to try and alleviate my heavy period and cramping... and this only made it worse. When I was on the blue pills, I was spotting/bleeding every single day. On the white placebo pills, I bled through a super tampon within three hours. The worst cramps of my life. I can’t wait to switch or get off of this, it’s been such a pain!”

Shon August 14, 2018

For Birth Control: “I've been on four different birth control since 2015 and I've been taking this pill for two days now and I have excessive gas. I do it so often but other than that so far so good better than the last two I had I had to stop taking them the same day....”

Mikkie · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2018

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah was great at first but then I started to notice a change in my mood :(( it literally made me super anxious and depressed!! Like I couldn’t even step out my house. It increased my appetite but because I was so depressed I lost weight. However it did help my skin tremendously so I have a love / hate relationship with it !”

ray · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 16, 2018

For Birth Control: “Absolutely hate Mono-linyah. I was on it for almost a year, just got switched this week. My gyno just refused to switch me no matter what I told him . This is what it did to me: right before my period it would make me super dry down below, to the point of having to sleep with a wet rag between my legs. It made me super emotional, moody, and I never had bad cramps till on this. It only gets a decent rating because I’m not pregnant and it didn’t make me break out... But the side effects were miserable, it even made my period heavier!”

Malia828 February 1, 2018

For Birth Control: “This birth control was amazing! I didn't get my period for the 3 months I've been on it, I had a little bit of spotting that only lasted about a week when I first started it but it didn't bother me as it's your body's natural reaction to adjust to the medication. My breasts grew a bit, which I have no complaints about. I did have a bit of weight gain but I blame it mostly on the holidays since I started in November. If you're not on insurance, this pill is very affordable! I really recommend it!”

Wonder Woman750 November 12, 2017

For Birth Control: “I am ready to get OFF this pill. I have been on this pill now for a year and some change. I want to get back on my lower dosage because this pill is just horrible to me. I have been on BC pills for 10 years and never experienced what I am going through right now. I gained 20lbs and changed NOTHING with my healthy eating habits, my migraines got so SUPER BAD I had to get a MRI to make sure everything was okay. I am usually nauseated and I SPOT A LOT. 3 WEEKS out of month I am spotting or lightly bleeding with some bad ass cramps, I have my appt Thursday and I am ready to be done with this!!”