User Reviews for Zoladex

Learn more about Zoladex.

Prostate Cancer 6 reviews 52 medications

8.4
Breast Cancer, Palliative 2 reviews 67 medications

Endometriosis 19 reviews 160 medications

Summary of Zoladex reviews 27 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Zoladex

For Endometriosis "I took this drug for three months (one injection per month) following a laparoscopy to remove scars and endiometrosis. I read about the reviews (gaining weight ,etc) and was really nervous but I just wanted to tell everyone taking this treatment to not worry about the side effects. The only side effect I had was a heavy period at first (nothing scary) and then I had hot flashes and some night sweats but nothing unbearable. Get a small pijama (shorts and tank top) to avoid feeling so hot at night. Emotionally I was ok and lost weight !!! I actually gained 4 pounds after the treatment when my ovaries reactivated. During this treatment I exercised a lot, ate well and tried to stay relaxed. Please do not be scared of using this medication..."

AMJR August 12, 2016

For Endometriosis "Brittle nails, hair loss, severe depression, memory problems, difficulty concentrating, skin rash, hot flushes, sleepless nights, short temperament, intolerence to alcohol, joint pains, nausea, fatigue, ibs, low libido, painful sex... This drug compromised my mental wellbeing for a few months pain relief, it cost me my relationship and almost my job, not worth it at all!!"

Wigan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "I have been put on Zoladex 3.6 by my Gyno. The first few weeks I thought it was a god send! It stopped my Endo pains and stopped my period.... But then I started suffering from migraine/headaches, no sex drive, extreme bone pain, NO APPETITE - and if I try to make myself eat then I vomit, nausea, irregular sleeping patterns and signs of anxiety/depression because I've been missing days off of work! I'm due for my 4th injection in two days and the whole treatment plan I am on is for 6 months. I have never felt this sick in my whole life :( is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Can someone help me?"

Petapixie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "My experience was horrible side effects it didn't help my pain much and certainly didn't shrink my endometriosis. 1 got my last 2 months in 2001 now since 2010 I have suffered severe pain in my joints and bones. I wouldn't recommend this drug to any endo girls."

Claire 1967 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2016

For Endometriosis "The horrible side effects (even with HRT) were not worth it. The hot flashes, joint pain, mood swings, depression and long-term effects on my bones were NOT worth it. I really wish doctors would stop trying to give me this as it only does harm. Endometriosis can only be helped by EXCISION by a skilled surgeon, and will only last for up to a few years. Please stop getting doctors to postpone proper treatment with this."

Hazell32908436805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Endometriosis "Have been on zoladex once a month injections for a year now. Awful side effects for the first 8 months . Terrible joint pain, hot flushes, bowel habit changes, bad mood swings, complete lack of sex drive, depression that drive me to contemplate my place on earth, lethargy . Also massive weight gain ....Over 2 stones. The plus is I now am free from periods and the horrific pain I endured. Prior to zoladex I had an ablation where they burnt off my womb lining. This was unsuccessful . Make your choice as the side effects are really awful but the pain I suffered was so life limiting . I would be screaming out in pain unable to move a muscle. Now I am pain free."

louroffey (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2016

For Breast Cancer, Palliative "I'm now 33 and have been taking zolodex for 2 years alongside Tamoxifen for 10 years in the UK. This medication gave me the confidence not to have chemotherapy and for this I am grateful. The down sides are pretty bad though. I agree with the previous reviewer. Mood swings, increased body temperature, severe hot flushes and night sweats (trying acupuncture to help), increased sex drive, no periods, significant weight gain! I went from 7.5 stone to 9.5 stone in 18months having never had much fluctuation in my weight ever before. My bra size also increased 3 cup sizes. I have gone from being very healthy and slim to quite flabby and "technically" (BMI) overweight - which hits hard when you feel low self esteem because of surgery anyway."

Spratster (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "My partner has been on and off zoladex for nearly 6 years- with PSA first detected at 4000 and soaring between 0 - 600 - 50 but with 12 month breaks in treatment. He takes a regime of ganoderma mushroom extract he believes this has also helped him stay very healthy and free of cancer symptoms. The only side effects and illness he suffers is from zoladex. It probably has contributed to saving his life but it has changed that life forever. He has huge mood swings confusion memory loss fatigue total loss of sexual function- in short it keeps him alive but keeps him alive and completely altered. If you have low testosterone levels then the side effects are mild. If you have a high levels it is personality changing."

Witness148 February 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and adenomyosis at 25, I am now 50, I have have had 18 laporoscopic surgeries to burn off endo to keep it at bay. I have been put on Zoladex 3 times in the last 10 years and I have to say that it it has been absolutely fantastic every time. Stopped my periods and my pain which was unbearable at times to the point where I ended up in the hospital having morphine injections numerous times. Yes I did get hot sweats and a little weight gain but I will take that any day over the kind of pain that Endometriosis brings. The only down side is that you do have to come off it periodically as you cant stay on it for long periods of time due to its effects on bone density."

junib40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2015

For Endometriosis "I have severe endometriosis. by the time I was 16 the pain was so bad I just lay on the floor in a ball for days in agony. I became resistant / allergic to paint killers, got a dvt from the pill, was told I was too young for a hysterectomy.. Every year the pain reached further. After trying every possible treatment I was prescribed Zolodex + a calcium supplement (when I was 24). To begin with I got hot flushes when I wore work shirts - but that's no big deal. I have now gone 14 years without a single symptom - No bleeding, no pain. What I have is an active life, a full-time job - I'm a functional human being! Never thought it possible, can't thank them enough."

Restlessnative November 8, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "I had very aggressive prostate cancer that lead to a radical prostatectomy but they didn't get all the cancer. Seven weeks of radiation and the PSA was down to .04. It crept up slowly but when it started doubling ever 2-3 months I was put on Zoladex. Although I have hot flushes and am struggling to maintain fitness and strength the side effects are minor compared to dying of cancer! My PSA has now dropped back to undetectable."

Dlanor (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

For Endometriosis "I recently had injection number 5 out of a six month course of Zoladex for endometriosis. I am 31 years old and have already have 4 laparoscopies- fortunately I do not want children. For those who are scared, the injection does not hurt. You can opt to have an anesthetic anyway. Although I no longer suffer from the horrific pains, constipation and vomiting associated with my periods, I do still experience bleeding after my injection along with cramping which as far as I know is not normal considering the aim of Zoladex is to effectively induce a medical menopause. This was meant to cease after 2-3 injections. But I guess everyone is different, this is what gynecologists are for- speak to them!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

For Endometriosis "I had endometriosis and adenomyosis and suffered from severe pains and heavy bleeding. I used to end up in the hospital because the pains were unbearable. They used to give me morphine and other strong painkillers. I was advised to have hysterectomy but I had decided to try Zoladex. After 2 injections within 3 months, my period became painless and the bleeding became lighter. I haven't been to the hospital for period problems for nearly 2 years now and the lump in my uterus ( adenomyosis) which I could feel on my lower stomach disappeared. I would like to share this because Zoladex really helped me and cured me and have avoided to have hysterectomy."

MariaEncarnita May 24, 2014

For Endometriosis "I am halfway through my Zoladex treatment, and it has been an absolute God send for my pain. I'm not in any pain at all, which is exactly what I wanted. However I am struggling with the side effects; hot flashes, headaches, weakness, night sweats, tiredness, bone pain. I was struggling to get through the day before the treatment, and now I have these other problems to deal with. I am torn about how I feel about it. I would definitely recommend it though, as everyone has different levels of these symptoms, I might just be a bad case."

Alex.c July 16, 2013

For Endometriosis "I have stage 4 endometriosis and have had laproscopic surgery to remove it from my pelvis/abdomen but I also have it throughout my bowel and it has penetrated all the way through. My doctor has put me on Zoladex for 9 months and I am on month 4. It has helped to manage my pain so far, initially it had taken virtually all of the pain away but within the last month it has slowly been resurfacing but it is still better than when I don't take it at all. The hot flashes, flushing, slight weight gain, night sweats, trouble sleeping, muscle aches, moodiness, anxiety, vaginal dryness and lack of sex drive are all bothersome but it beats being in constant pain and I know that the symptoms are temporary. I would definitely recommend Zoladex for endometriosis pain."

Ashley0407 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2013

For Endometriosis "I was on Zoladex for nearly 2 years and I recently had to stop because my doctor chose to take me off. I absolutely loved it! No period for almost 2 years! I had hot flashes and have a scar on my stomach from the injections, but it was totally worth it. My periods have finally come back and I wish I were still on this miracle medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "Seems to have worked well in reducing cancer/PSA. Minimal side effects EXCEPT for both hands. Both hands are painful when moved and big knuckles can be very hurtful when holding an object. Warmth helps, as does minimising hand movements. Can hold a tennis ball without problems. a golf ball with some effort and pain, and a pen or small object can be a big problem to grasp."

BumbleB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2012

For Prostate Cancer "In January 2009 - My Prostate Cancer had metastasised into both ischia (Pelvis). My PSA was 33. I was prescribed Casodex as a forerunner to Zoladex LA (to avoid Tumour Flare. I was then lucky because I managed to rid myself of the Secondary Cancer by June 2009. I had altogether 15 implants of Zoladex LA over the last 3¼ years - and after my bone scan still showed "Image Clear" - my Urologist allowed me to discontinue any future treatment for the time being - but - keeping a careful watch my PSA (which most recently was down at 0.270) and the Testosterone level - (down at 0.2). I am now in my 5th week since the end of the last of the 12-week cycle and I am due to have a Blood test in 3 days' time. I felt very little side effects any time."

ernst1930 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2012

For Endometriosis "I've been on Zoladex for 8 months now, I'm just having my 9th injection this week. Positive effects - endometriosis is not inflamed anymore which increases chances of getting pregnant. No periods therefore no pain. Side effects - where do I start. The worst is a significant weight gain, tiredness, hot flushes, sleepless nights and low energy levels. Plus no sex drive whatsoever. But anything to have a baby."

Pet80 May 28, 2012

For Endometriosis "My doctor suggested this for endometriosis. 6 months of injections, total agony. The injection itself is tolerable if the person giving it knows what they are doing. Every symptom of menopause hit me within 2 or 3 weeks. No weight gain. It did stop my periods. After 4 years of suffering and 2 of that in and out of doctors I'm completely frustrated and exhausted."

Anonymous January 8, 2012

For Endometriosis "I have used Zoladex 3 month implant for 9 months, as I suffer from Pulmonary Endometriosis. Zoladex was the only medication that successfully stopped my periods, and to stop my lungs collapsing every cycle. Positives would be no mood swings, clear skin, and no periods therefore no pain. Negatives would be I gained 10 kilos, which I'm working on losing, but the weight was better than having horrific lung pain. I did have a small amount of bone pain, but this has stopped since I've been off the medication for a month. The other negative is its only subsidized in some parts of Australia. One state its $25 the other $1000 for three months. I hope this helps. In many ways Zoladex has helped me live a normal life again."

Anonymous November 27, 2011

For Endometriosis "Love it! The hot flashes aren't much fun, but they're worth having no period or pain!"

Anonymous July 11, 2011

For Prostate Cancer "I've been on it for about 7 years and my PSA has never been above .5. No side effects."

franklin3517 March 8, 2011

For Endometriosis "I was given a 3month injection with terrible side-effects culminating in night sweats every 40minutes, shivers, difficulties in breathing, headaches, neck pain and eventually severe depression. The side effects starting showing at week four. I had never ever experienced depression prior to this. After 6 months, sufficient levels of the medicine remain in my system to continue affecting me. Other medication (Provera) prescribed by my gynecologist to counter those symptoms have given me some relief, although it took 3 weeks for that to occur, rather than the 4 days expected. "

Anonymous October 28, 2010

For Breast Cancer, Palliative "I am 32 years old and I have to take Zoladex for 3 years with the medicine Tamoxifen for 5 years. I have been on Zoladex for about a year now. Some of my side effects include severe mood swings, hot flashes, loss of menstrual cycle, weight gain (28 pounds so far), loss of energy, swelling of hands, forgetfulness."

kiki 32 March 1, 2010