User Reviews for Zoladex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zoladex.

Bleeding Disorder

1 review 9 medications
Prostate Cancer
8.4

Breast Cancer, Palliative

Endometriosis

Summary of Zoladex reviews 7.9 34 reviews

Reviews for Zoladex

For Prostate Cancer "This is a question for my Pop, he currently has cancer and is using Zoladex injections once a month, his Doctor has told him he needs a break from it for a while. Why would they suggest a break from treatment and also will the cancer spread and make him worse??? Please help, Thank you."

jennAlea November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have been on this injection for three months and it has changed my life! I wake up happy not worrying about what day of the month it is and being totally pain free From this awful disease! It has stopped the inflammation of the endometriosis which is growing all over my womb and ligaments and I'm not bleeding every 21 days! My skin in perfect my nails strong and weight has stayed the same despite an increase in appetite ! No heaving floods or crippling cramps and bowel pain! Also just started Taking the Tipolone to counteract bone issues just dreading the last zoladex injection and getting my periods back for that three month stop gap. 3 months of misery . But side affects have been hot flushes and anxiety hoping tipolone works."

VREmrs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "This drug has been good, it has stopped my periods & pain I was getting.. the injections aren't as bad as I thought, have had little symptoms, such as; body hair loss, little weight gain, feeling better, slight increase with sweating, lower in sex drive and feeling more bloated then usual."

Zozozo August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Well, I have had 2 Zoladex injections. As my Gynecologist said – symptoms will appear only after 4 weeks. WELL guess what – mine appeared only after the fourth day! YEP! And I have had ALL the symptoms. These 8 weeks have been the worst in my life. I have had: hot flashes – so bad during every night that my pillow and blanket are soaking wet, sweating, headaches, dizziness, mood changes, vaginal discharge – meaning - little bit of pee coming into my undies (sometimes not so little bit) – when I do not feel like I have to pee! Breast size reduction, bone pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite, insomnia, acne, itching, and DEPRESSION MOOD SWINGS that are just so bad . Plus my stomach has been so bloated, so gassy, so not functioning normally. THE WORST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I would never in a million years ever agree to this again. Better to be with endometriosis - as guess what this does not cure it!!! So – might be all for nothing."

Desiree88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Been on this medication now for four and a half years with add back HRT. Slightly uncomfortable injection every four weeks (however the three month injection makes me ill) but considering the symptoms of stage 4 endo Zoladex is amazing. No periods, no pain and by taking HRT no menopause symptoms either. Have my life back "

Cupcake80 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bleeding Disorder "Stopped periods as expected great news no more heavy bleeding stopped chronic pain that dropped me to my knees when standing or moving Downsides are memory loss, chronic fatigue, bone pain, loss of hair, sore breasts I'm on zoladex 3.6 once a month with HRT injection number 4 Overall I'm in less pain but still struggling with every day tasks and to carry on working as a normal healthy 36 year old woman should be able to roll on coming off this drug and having my hysterectomy"

Molster March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was given an injection of this after a week long stay in hospital for extreme pain due to endometriosis. They told me it would keep my pain down till surgery and for me it was the most awful experience. I was still in pain and on top of that I had to deal with intense sweating, very bad mood swings and feeling extremely tender and my joints were sore. It made the month running up to surgery miserable for me and those around me. I would never ever go on this again."

Wot (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I took this drug for three months (one injection per month) following a laparoscopy to remove scars and endiometrosis. I read about the reviews (gaining weight ,etc) and was really nervous but I just wanted to tell everyone taking this treatment to not worry about the side effects. The only side effect I had was a heavy period at first (nothing scary) and then I had hot flashes and some night sweats but nothing unbearable. Get a small pijama (shorts and tank top) to avoid feeling so hot at night. Emotionally I was ok and lost weight !!! I actually gained 4 pounds after the treatment when my ovaries reactivated. During this treatment I exercised a lot, ate well and tried to stay relaxed. Please do not be scared of using this medication..."

AMJR August 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Brittle nails, hair loss, severe depression, memory problems, difficulty concentrating, skin rash, hot flushes, sleepless nights, short temperament, intolerence to alcohol, joint pains, nausea, fatigue, ibs, low libido, painful sex... This drug compromised my mental wellbeing for a few months pain relief, it cost me my relationship and almost my job, not worth it at all!!"

Wigan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have been put on Zoladex 3.6 by my Gyno. The first few weeks I thought it was a god send! It stopped my Endo pains and stopped my period.... But then I started suffering from migraine/headaches, no sex drive, extreme bone pain, NO APPETITE - and if I try to make myself eat then I vomit, nausea, irregular sleeping patterns and signs of anxiety/depression because I've been missing days off of work! I'm due for my 4th injection in two days and the whole treatment plan I am on is for 6 months. I have never felt this sick in my whole life :( is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Can someone help me?"

Petapixie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "My experience was horrible side effects it didn't help my pain much and certainly didn't shrink my endometriosis. 1 got my last 2 months in 2001 now since 2010 I have suffered severe pain in my joints and bones. I wouldn't recommend this drug to any endo girls."

Claire 1967 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "The horrible side effects (even with HRT) were not worth it. The hot flashes, joint pain, mood swings, depression and long-term effects on my bones were NOT worth it. I really wish doctors would stop trying to give me this as it only does harm. Endometriosis can only be helped by EXCISION by a skilled surgeon, and will only last for up to a few years. Please stop getting doctors to postpone proper treatment with this."

Hazell32908436805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Have been on zoladex once a month injections for a year now. Awful side effects for the first 8 months . Terrible joint pain, hot flushes, bowel habit changes, bad mood swings, complete lack of sex drive, depression that drive me to contemplate my place on earth, lethargy . Also massive weight gain ....Over 2 stones. The plus is I now am free from periods and the horrific pain I endured. Prior to zoladex I had an ablation where they burnt off my womb lining. This was unsuccessful . Make your choice as the side effects are really awful but the pain I suffered was so life limiting . I would be screaming out in pain unable to move a muscle. Now I am pain free."

louroffey (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Breast Cancer, Palliative "I'm now 33 and have been taking zolodex for 2 years alongside Tamoxifen for 10 years in the UK. This medication gave me the confidence not to have chemotherapy and for this I am grateful. The down sides are pretty bad though. I agree with the previous reviewer. Mood swings, increased body temperature, severe hot flushes and night sweats (trying acupuncture to help), increased sex drive, no periods, significant weight gain! I went from 7.5 stone to 9.5 stone in 18months having never had much fluctuation in my weight ever before. My bra size also increased 3 cup sizes. I have gone from being very healthy and slim to quite flabby and "technically" (BMI) overweight - which hits hard when you feel low self esteem because of surgery anyway."

Spratster (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostate Cancer "My partner has been on and off zoladex for nearly 6 years- with PSA first detected at 4000 and soaring between 0 - 600 - 50 but with 12 month breaks in treatment. He takes a regime of ganoderma mushroom extract he believes this has also helped him stay very healthy and free of cancer symptoms. The only side effects and illness he suffers is from zoladex. It probably has contributed to saving his life but it has changed that life forever. He has huge mood swings confusion memory loss fatigue total loss of sexual function- in short it keeps him alive but keeps him alive and completely altered. If you have low testosterone levels then the side effects are mild. If you have a high levels it is personality changing."

Witness148 February 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and adenomyosis at 25, I am now 50, I have have had 18 laporoscopic surgeries to burn off endo to keep it at bay. I have been put on Zoladex 3 times in the last 10 years and I have to say that it it has been absolutely fantastic every time. Stopped my periods and my pain which was unbearable at times to the point where I ended up in the hospital having morphine injections numerous times. Yes I did get hot sweats and a little weight gain but I will take that any day over the kind of pain that Endometriosis brings. The only down side is that you do have to come off it periodically as you cant stay on it for long periods of time due to its effects on bone density."

junib40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have severe endometriosis. by the time I was 16 the pain was so bad I just lay on the floor in a ball for days in agony. I became resistant / allergic to paint killers, got a dvt from the pill, was told I was too young for a hysterectomy.. Every year the pain reached further. After trying every possible treatment I was prescribed Zolodex + a calcium supplement (when I was 24). To begin with I got hot flushes when I wore work shirts - but that's no big deal. I have now gone 14 years without a single symptom - No bleeding, no pain. What I have is an active life, a full-time job - I'm a functional human being! Never thought it possible, can't thank them enough."

Restlessnative November 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostate Cancer "I had very aggressive prostate cancer that lead to a radical prostatectomy but they didn't get all the cancer. Seven weeks of radiation and the PSA was down to .04. It crept up slowly but when it started doubling ever 2-3 months I was put on Zoladex. Although I have hot flushes and am struggling to maintain fitness and strength the side effects are minor compared to dying of cancer! My PSA has now dropped back to undetectable."

Dlanor (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I recently had injection number 5 out of a six month course of Zoladex for endometriosis. I am 31 years old and have already have 4 laparoscopies- fortunately I do not want children. For those who are scared, the injection does not hurt. You can opt to have an anesthetic anyway. Although I no longer suffer from the horrific pains, constipation and vomiting associated with my periods, I do still experience bleeding after my injection along with cramping which as far as I know is not normal considering the aim of Zoladex is to effectively induce a medical menopause. This was meant to cease after 2-3 injections. But I guess everyone is different, this is what gynecologists are for- speak to them!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I had endometriosis and adenomyosis and suffered from severe pains and heavy bleeding. I used to end up in the hospital because the pains were unbearable. They used to give me morphine and other strong painkillers. I was advised to have hysterectomy but I had decided to try Zoladex. After 2 injections within 3 months, my period became painless and the bleeding became lighter. I haven't been to the hospital for period problems for nearly 2 years now and the lump in my uterus ( adenomyosis) which I could feel on my lower stomach disappeared. I would like to share this because Zoladex really helped me and cured me and have avoided to have hysterectomy."

MariaEncarnita May 24, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I am halfway through my Zoladex treatment, and it has been an absolute God send for my pain. I'm not in any pain at all, which is exactly what I wanted. However I am struggling with the side effects; hot flashes, headaches, weakness, night sweats, tiredness, bone pain. I was struggling to get through the day before the treatment, and now I have these other problems to deal with. I am torn about how I feel about it. I would definitely recommend it though, as everyone has different levels of these symptoms, I might just be a bad case."

Alex.c July 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have stage 4 endometriosis and have had laproscopic surgery to remove it from my pelvis/abdomen but I also have it throughout my bowel and it has penetrated all the way through. My doctor has put me on Zoladex for 9 months and I am on month 4. It has helped to manage my pain so far, initially it had taken virtually all of the pain away but within the last month it has slowly been resurfacing but it is still better than when I don't take it at all. The hot flashes, flushing, slight weight gain, night sweats, trouble sleeping, muscle aches, moodiness, anxiety, vaginal dryness and lack of sex drive are all bothersome but it beats being in constant pain and I know that the symptoms are temporary. I would definitely recommend Zoladex for endometriosis pain."

Ashley0407 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was on Zoladex for nearly 2 years and I recently had to stop because my doctor chose to take me off. I absolutely loved it! No period for almost 2 years! I had hot flashes and have a scar on my stomach from the injections, but it was totally worth it. My periods have finally come back and I wish I were still on this miracle medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostate Cancer "Seems to have worked well in reducing cancer/PSA. Minimal side effects EXCEPT for both hands. Both hands are painful when moved and big knuckles can be very hurtful when holding an object. Warmth helps, as does minimising hand movements. Can hold a tennis ball without problems. a golf ball with some effort and pain, and a pen or small object can be a big problem to grasp."

BumbleB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostate Cancer "In January 2009 - My Prostate Cancer had metastasised into both ischia (Pelvis). My PSA was 33. I was prescribed Casodex as a forerunner to Zoladex LA (to avoid Tumour Flare. I was then lucky because I managed to rid myself of the Secondary Cancer by June 2009. I had altogether 15 implants of Zoladex LA over the last 3¼ years - and after my bone scan still showed "Image Clear" - my Urologist allowed me to discontinue any future treatment for the time being - but - keeping a careful watch my PSA (which most recently was down at 0.270) and the Testosterone level - (down at 0.2). I am now in my 5th week since the end of the last of the 12-week cycle and I am due to have a Blood test in 3 days' time. I felt very little side effects any time."

ernst1930 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2012