User Reviews for Zoladex to treat Prostate Cancer

Zoladex has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Prostate Cancer. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Zoladex Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Reviews for Zoladex

ernst1930 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 30, 2012

“In January 2009 - My Prostate Cancer had metastasised into both ischia (Pelvis). My PSA was 33. I was prescribed Casodex as a forerunner to Zoladex LA (to avoid Tumour Flare. I was then lucky because I managed to rid myself of the Secondary Cancer by June 2009. I had altogether 15 implants of Zoladex LA over the last 3¼ years - and after my bone scan still showed "Image Clear" - my Urologist allowed me to discontinue any future treatment for the time being - but - keeping a careful watch my PSA (which most recently was down at 0.270) and the Testosterone level - (down at 0.2). I am now in my 5th week since the end of the last of the 12-week cycle and I am due to have a Blood test in 3 days' time. I felt very little side effects any time.”

Dlanor · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2014

“I had very aggressive prostate cancer that lead to a radical prostatectomy but they didn't get all the cancer. Seven weeks of radiation and the PSA was down to .04. It crept up slowly but when it started doubling ever 2-3 months I was put on Zoladex. Although I have hot flushes and am struggling to maintain fitness and strength the side effects are minor compared to dying of cancer! My PSA has now dropped back to undetectable.”

Witness148 February 15, 2016

“My partner has been on and off zoladex for nearly 6 years- with PSA first detected at 4000 and soaring between 0 - 600 - 50 but with 12 month breaks in treatment. He takes a regime of ganoderma mushroom extract he believes this has also helped him stay very healthy and free of cancer symptoms. The only side effects and illness he suffers is from zoladex. It probably has contributed to saving his life but it has changed that life forever. He has huge mood swings confusion memory loss fatigue total loss of sexual function- in short it keeps him alive but keeps him alive and completely altered. If you have low testosterone levels then the side effects are mild. If you have a high levels it is personality changing.”

BumbleB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 1, 2012

“Seems to have worked well in reducing cancer/PSA. Minimal side effects EXCEPT for both hands. Both hands are painful when moved and big knuckles can be very hurtful when holding an object. Warmth helps, as does minimising hand movements. Can hold a tennis ball without problems. a golf ball with some effort and pain, and a pen or small object can be a big problem to grasp.”

Mo · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 4, 2019

“Zoladex Causes confusion. This also affects your heart And can cause heart problems or attacks It had many dangerous side effects So be sure that you are aware of these before commencing with this powerful and dangerous drug”

Gerald · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2019

“I was suffering from anxiety/depression before I took the, once only, 10.5 Zoladex jab (pre-op) and felt even more depressed after the injection. Luckily I don't have to take it any more. I've also had terrible pain in my knees and insomnia. Only take it if you have to and remember that the side effects are only temporary.”

Thinker · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2018

“Zoladex hammered down my PSA from 50 at initial diagnosis to 5 after 6 weeks of treatment. Intention is to shrink and damp down tumour activity before prostatectomy. Having Cancer is depressing but this seems effective. How can one tell what symptoms are from the drug and what is from the other conditions one has and from the ideas one has about having cancer? (UK patient covered by free NHS care)”

jennAlea November 9, 2017

“This is a question for my Pop, he currently has cancer and is using Zoladex injections once a month, his Doctor has told him he needs a break from it for a while. Why would they suggest a break from treatment and also will the cancer spread and make him worse??? Please help, Thank you.”

franklin3517 March 8, 2011

“I've been on it for about 7 years and my PSA has never been above .5. No side effects.”

Nasty Head February 4, 2010

“I was on this first with tablets for a fortnight then injections once a month for 3 months. It gave me SEVERE mood swings and forgetfulness. ”

Learn more about Prostate Cancer