User Reviews for Mono-Linyah to treat Birth Control

Mono-Linyah Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mono-Linyah

rach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2020

“After starting this pill I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety and dark thoughts, worse than I’ve experienced in years. It’s made me sooo moody and I don’t feel like myself. After month 2 I started having constant brown spotting/discharge which I’m hoping will go away when I change the prescription. I’ve also started getting hormonal acne which I haven’t had in years. Overall this pill did not work well for me at all and I’ll be switching once I finish my third month.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

“I had taken Xulane (patch) for a year and wanted to try something different so my doctor prescribed me this pill. Everything was fine for the first 2 weeks but on the start of the third week I ended up passing out for the first time in my life. My anxiety before this pill was manageable and I didn't need medication to function. At the third week point I started having anxiety every day that felt out of control, I couldn't get a hold of myself and had severe chills, tinnitus, headaches, numbness in my hands, and depressive thoughts. If you have any mental health issues no matter how small I would choose another pill. Please don't suffer the way I have”

SadieJane · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2020

“I have been using this Mono-Linyah birth control pill for over year after my pill (prevefem) was discontinued by the manufacturer. I was reluctant to use this pill as I have had bad experiences taking different pills. Luckily, this pill has been great. No cramps, anxiety, or weight gain, and my period is very normal. The only negative is that I always spot on the second week for 2-3 days. After having horrible experiences with other brands I can live with the spotting.”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

“I have been on Mono-Linyah for a little over a month now and I can give nothing but negatives. I have the worst cystic acne on my chin that I haven’t experienced since I was 15. I’m 21 now and this is ridiculous. I’m constantly nauseous and have bad migraines every week. I’m switching back to my old birth control. This is absolutely horrible. If I were you I’d look for something else before getting this one.”

Hal April 16, 2020

“Before this pill, I had terrible cramps, mood swings, and heavy periods. I went on it at age 15 and almost immediately everything went away. I have been on this pill for 4 years now and my symptoms are coming back a little bit, but not nearly to the extent they were before. I love this brand truly. I was switched to sprintec for a week because I switched to a pharmacy that didn’t carry mono linyah. The week that I was off of this and on sprintec I had a panic attack inside of a CVS when I started thinking about how I hated sprintec, I screamed at the pharmacist and had to leave the store. I called the pharmacist after to apologize and then switched back to my old pharmacy and went back on Mono Linyah. This brand really works for me and has given me little to no problems.”

Riri · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

“I got a blood clot from this birth control on the first pack. They say it's rare but it's actually not! Please do your research and get a blood test on your hormone levels before starting a combination pill.”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

“I was originally on a different pill, but my insurance wouldn’t cover the name brand, so I was switched to Mono-linyah. The first month I took this, I suffered from painful cramps, and mood swings. I attributed these to switching birth control, and after the first month they went away. I continued using this pill for a year with little side effects, and a lighter, shorter period, yay! But after a year, all the benefits stopped. My acne has exploded! My hair is thinning and falling out. I bleed randomly between periods, and during my regular period I experience horrible cramps and really heavy bleeding. I started experiencing abnormal levels of anxiety and panic attacks, and I slipped into a really dark depressive state for 2-3 months. The only reason I’m still taking this pill is because it does its job in the sense that it prevents pregnancy. I will be seeing a doctor soon to switch.”

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill for about 5 days. Previous to this I’ve been on various types of birth control but I’ve never had side effects like this. It has given me such bad stomach pains and nausea that I’m currently sitting in a hot bath at 5 am because I got desperate to feel better and I couldn’t sleep. Birth controls definitely have different effects on different people so don’t let this turn you off, just be careful.”

Wow · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2020

“I took this birth control to clear my acne. It worked wonders in no time at all I saw wonderful results! I was on it for about 2 years and only took it at night between 9-11pm to cut down on the anxiety side effects. While using this pill I gained about 25lbs & got pregnant!!! I will never use this pill again!”

Mickey · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2020

“I got on this pill at 18 because I had acne and I also needed protection. It was GREAT for the first couple of years. Now I’m 22 and I’m starting to get worse PMS symptoms; I cry and fight, my flow is heavier and I cramp worse. Also, I bleed a whole day longer now. I definitely don’t have as bad of acne as I did when I needed to treat it at 18, but I still get acne regularly. However, I’ve never been pregnant so it has done its job well. It’s definitely time to switch to an IUD, I need less hormones.”

Soni · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2020

“I've been on birth control since I was 14 because of horrible periods and cramps, and have tried a lot of different pills. I am now 22 and have been on mono-linyah for a few years now. At first, the pill was a godsend as I was experiencing a lot of acne on Sprintec, and this pill cleared it up. However, I feel like as I get older I'm beginning to experience a lot more PMS. I cry, get mad and feel overall depressed and low during placebo week. My periods have gotten super heavy and my cramps are back with a vengeance. This pill worked for me when I was younger, but now that I'm getting older it seems to be working less effectively.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2019

“Mono-Linyah is a great birth control. I’ve been trying different pills or 10 years and this is the one that has lasted the longest with literally no side effects. The severely negative comments seem when starting birth control when you deal with the side effects of increasing hormones. This is a great pill and I always recommend it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

“I have hardly anything negative to say. It stopped my period (which has been a blessing) it’s been an overall pleasant experience. The only downside for me has been the anxiety. But overall definitely not a bad pill.”

Gigi97 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

“Never experienced and bad side effects from Mono-Linyah and tada I’m not pregnant. Ladies remember that not all hormonal birth controls will work the same for everyone so don’t take the severely negative comments to strongly”

Jenn · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 9, 2019

“I’ve been on this birth control for 14 months and initially I got the most intense cravings ever and as soon as I eat something I feel nauseous to the point where I can’t eat anymore. Period is the same length but slightly lighter. I am still taking this pill but changing to the patch in a week because my side effects won’t go away. My mood swings have been all over the place, I find myself crying for no reason and I’m never happy don’t even get out of the house it’s so depressing. I am 5’7” and weight 115lbs and so far lost 6 pounds. I have nothing left to lose!! Thought I would gain but lost weight instead. I hope the patch will work better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

“The Mono-Linyah is absolute WORST. I’ve been using mono nessa for 5 years and my pharmacy was out of it last week. They only had Mono Linyah in stock and I needed to start my new pack. So of course I took it. WITHIN 4 DAYS MY FACE BROKE OUT WITH THE WORST ACNE EVER!!!!! I called the pharmacy today and they said the manufacturer of mononessa isn’t selling it anymore? I have no idea what to do but I need to get off this and now I’m scared to try any other generics because of the reaction I had. Seriously don’t take this.”

hatrat · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

“I'm usually not one to write reviews like this but this pill caused me so much grief I feel I need to. Anyone who has any form of mental illness BEWARE of this pill. I had such terrible depression and anxiety while on this pill that I couldn't get out of bed for days on end. It also affected my thyroid so severely I lost almost 50 pounds in two months without doing anything to change my diet or activity level. I have never had this much acne on my face in my entire life to the point I don't like to leave my house anymore. One thing I will say, it didn't affect the flow of my period very much it stayed relatively consistent as if I wasn't on the pill. I don't recommend this pill to anyone really, it caused a lot of hardship these past few weeks that I wouldn't wish on anybody.”

00sol00 October 1, 2019

“I have to say in my personal experience it caused no nausea not excess bleeding but the mood swings were horrible beyond belief. The first month of taking a little bit before my period started I would just be angry for absolutely no reason. The next month the same thing. It progressively got worse to the point I was having very dark thoughts which I almost acted on it. I stopped them immediately. That anger went away. I'm on another pill that works better now.”

1999 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

“I was on this medication for almost a month and I’ve never been more miserable!! Constantly nauseated/vomiting, anxiety and nervousness was crazy! I’m also in nursing school which made it difficult for me to study and stay focused with being so sick! I do not recommend this medication!!! Also getting it out of my system look 3-4 days. Too much estrogen for me!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

“Mono-Linyah seems to be a good and easy pill. No major PMS so I think the hormone levels work for me. But worst packaging ever. I lose at least 2 pills a month cause I can't get them our, then if pops out and lands somewhere on the floor and I can't find it! Covered by my insurance. Overall good pills but horrible packaging for birth control”

Snoww · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

“Just started taking this 4 days ago. It's been 3 days since I've been able to eat. Decreased appetite cause I'm not hungry but I can't keep anything down. Going to the doctor as soon as I can to figure this out”

tee · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

“This pill is ok. I'm taking it now but I don't like it because my period is usually 5-6 days, but since I started this medication I'm bleeding way to heavy. I'm done taking this medication.”

Lo April 18, 2019

“I decided to share a review on this birth control because I saw so many negative responses. I have been taking Mono-Linyah for 10 months now and I have never had any bad side effects, my skin cleared up and I actually lost weight. I just want to remind everyone that reads these reviews that not all birth controls will work the same way for us!! You can not sit and read what people write. Talk to your doctor, see what they suggest and go from there. Unfortunately some people have to try a few before they find the right one. Good luck!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

“This is my second review, I was put on this birth control because my prior one gave me irregular periods. This birth control is the worst, but it is seriously amazing for my periods. But has destroyed my face. I never had an issue with pimples or acne until now. I now have over 50 pimples on my face and it’s depressing. I have now been switched to something norg-ee which is suppose to be a lower dose version. Since my Gyno is surprised that a pill designed for acne is causing acne.”

ballin1221 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2019

“During the time I took this medication I gained nearly 25 lbs with no change in my eating and exercising habits. Towards the end of my nearly 2 year experience, I began to get horrible migraines very frequently. They were unlike any I had ever had before, I wouldn’t be able to go on with my day if I started to devolop one and often times sleeping them off did not work. I believe it changed my mood drastically and caused excess anxiety and waves of depression. And the worst part, my sex drive was absolutely 0. Now that I have stopped taking this pill I have further realized how awful it made me feel! I just got Kyleena placed a few weeks ago and I’m hoping that will help me continue my path to feeling my normal self after 2 years. I gave this a 4 star because I never got pregnant while taking this correctly and it was easily accessible.”