User Reviews for Mono-Linyah to treat Birth Control

Mono-Linyah has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 72 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 31% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 49% reported a negative effect.

Mono-Linyah Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mono-Linyah

Liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2021

“I was so scared to start taking this pill because I came on here and read all the negative reviews. But what you have to remember is that everyone's body is different and will react differently on this medication. For me, I have not had any changes whatsoever. I am still completely the same person I was before I started taking mono-linyah. No mood swings, cravings, bleeding, depression, or anything negative like that. If you are about to start this medication and are worried after seeing all the terrible reviews, just remember I was scared to take it too and I couldn't be happier with it. I have nothing bad to say about it! Just remember everyone is different and if you have a negative reaction to it there are plenty of other options to try!”

Alyssa November 17, 2020

“If I could give this medication a lower rating than 1/10 I would. I was told “Mono-Linyah” is a generic form of Sprintec. This can’t be any more different in the affect it is having on me. I have been on Mono-Linyah for approximately 9 months. I don’t know how I stayed on it for this long. I trusted my doctor when she told me it was a generic form of Sprintec. I gained about 15 pounds in the 9 months I’ve been on this pill. My acne has been awful while on this pill. The biggest and most drastic change in myself, other than the weight gain, was my mood changes. My anxiety was already pretty bad, but while on Mono-Linyah, it made me feel I couldn’t manage it. I started to have mood swings, dark thoughts, anxiety attacks, and would cry all of the time. I regret not realizing this medication was the reason for all of my symptoms earlier on.”

Lo April 18, 2019

“I decided to share a review on this birth control because I saw so many negative responses. I have been taking Mono-Linyah for 10 months now and I have never had any bad side effects, my skin cleared up and I actually lost weight. I just want to remind everyone that reads these reviews that not all birth controls will work the same way for us!! You can not sit and read what people write. Talk to your doctor, see what they suggest and go from there. Unfortunately some people have to try a few before they find the right one. Good luck!”

gg · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2021

“I've been on Mono-Linyah for about a year now and I am actually kind of shocked to see so many bad reviews! I started taking this mainly for hormonal acne, though I still get a few pimples every now and then right before my cycle, my acne has improved a lot. I have not really had any adverse side effects (weight gain, irritability, spotting, ect.) the only thing I do get is more breast tenderness. But other than that this BC works well for me. If you're scared because of the reviews please remember all our bodies are different! Also, if you incorporate healthy eating, exercise, and meditation into your everyday life then there will be a much less chance for negative side effects!”

Gigi97 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

“Never experienced and bad side effects from Mono-Linyah and tada I’m not pregnant. Ladies remember that not all hormonal birth controls will work the same for everyone so don’t take the severely negative comments to strongly”

Casey · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2021

“I’ve been taking Mono-Linyah for about 6 months now and it works in the form of preventing pregnancy but it has created quite a few other issues for me. I didn’t break out and my periods got lighter and my cramps did go away, but my mood swings were terrible. I got super depressed a month into taking it. I also was always so irritated and moody that it created a lot of tension in my relationships. I never realized it was from the pill for a few months and I ended up getting even more frustrated because I couldn’t do anything about the way I was acting and feeling. My stress did go away while taking the pill but my sex drive also completely disappeared as well.”

Aww · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 12, 2021

“I’ve been on Mono-Linyah for the last 5 years. I personally have had no major issues with the pill. My periods are one day shorter and lighter in flow, it helped clear up my acne, and I did not receive any weight gain. I never experienced any of the side effects, either. My periods are very regular (I know when I’m going to get it once I reach the 4th pill in my placebo week.) I feel completely healthy. The only thing that changed for me is that I had major mood swings the first month I was on it, I’m sure that was just my body regulating out my hormones. After that, I was completely fine and I didn’t notice any major changes. I don’t understand why this brand has such horrible reviews. I’ve known 3 other individuals who have used it and loved it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2019

“Mono-Linyah is a great birth control. I’ve been trying different pills or 10 years and this is the one that has lasted the longest with literally no side effects. The severely negative comments seem when starting birth control when you deal with the side effects of increasing hormones. This is a great pill and I always recommend it.”

HappyHappyFoo April 11, 2014

“I'm on Mono Linyah and I have a love hate relationship. I've been on it for a month and my 32A breasts are now 32B breasts. I'm underweight and struggle with weight gain but this pill has helped me put on pounds. I'm hungry a lot lol. My skin is totally clear, not even any blackheads, which is great. But my mood swings are extreme. On the active pill it's bad but I can handle it, but on the last week (period week) it's awful. I cry several times a day and can't get a hold of myself no matter what I do. My period was heavier than ever and I cramped horribly. But, it was short. I find it hard to concentrate due to mood swings but I just drink some herbal tea and am usually fine afterwards. Love/hate relationship.”

lexa · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 16, 2021

“I’ve been on this birth control for about 2 years. At first this pill does the job, relives cramps and lessens bleeding, but recently these symptoms have come back. I have miserable cramping, heavy bleeding, and extreme backaches (to the point I can’t walk). Along with this, about a week before my period even starts I not only become depressed, I also experience almost suicidal thoughts. These things have made my period one of the most miserable things that I have to deal with each month.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

“Mono-Linyah seems to be a good and easy pill. No major PMS so I think the hormone levels work for me. But worst packaging ever. I lose at least 2 pills a month cause I can't get them our, then if pops out and lands somewhere on the floor and I can't find it! Covered by my insurance. Overall good pills but horrible packaging for birth control”

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill for about 5 days. Previous to this I’ve been on various types of birth control but I’ve never had side effects like this. It has given me such bad stomach pains and nausea that I’m currently sitting in a hot bath at 5 am because I got desperate to feel better and I couldn’t sleep. Birth controls definitely have different effects on different people so don’t let this turn you off, just be careful.”

Ashnicole209 June 22, 2021

“I started my first packet of Mono-Linyah and almost finished it. Week one and two were fine, just a little anxious. Not that bad, right? So I'm down to my final blue pills for week 3, I start to experience some symptoms, like I felt like my throat would close it/ get tight then it would get filled with mucus, which would make me gag. The color in my face was get extremely white and sickly like. I also would randomly get burning hot like I had a bad fever. Often very tired and weak. My symptoms are a lot like pregnancy symptoms, so if you also experienced this, most likely it is just the pill making you sick.”

Zoieee March 2, 2017

“Been on it for 2 years. I don't get acne, right before my period I might get a pimple or 2 but very minor. Helps decrease the intensity of my cramps. Regulated my abnormal period (I would go months without having one) I only bleed for 4-5 days. Period is lighter. I get emotional and very ill before my period but I did that before I was on BC. It works. Not pregnant and happy :D”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

“I was originally on a different pill, but my insurance wouldn’t cover the name brand, so I was switched to Mono-linyah. The first month I took this, I suffered from painful cramps, and mood swings. I attributed these to switching birth control, and after the first month they went away. I continued using this pill for a year with little side effects, and a lighter, shorter period, yay! But after a year, all the benefits stopped. My acne has exploded! My hair is thinning and falling out. I bleed randomly between periods, and during my regular period I experience horrible cramps and really heavy bleeding. I started experiencing abnormal levels of anxiety and panic attacks, and I slipped into a really dark depressive state for 2-3 months. The only reason I’m still taking this pill is because it does its job in the sense that it prevents pregnancy. I will be seeing a doctor soon to switch.”

Malia828 February 1, 2018

“This birth control was amazing! I didn't get my period for the 3 months I've been on it, I had a little bit of spotting that only lasted about a week when I first started it but it didn't bother me as it's your body's natural reaction to adjust to the medication. My breasts grew a bit, which I have no complaints about. I did have a bit of weight gain but I blame it mostly on the holidays since I started in November. If you're not on insurance, this pill is very affordable! I really recommend it!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2020

“Do not take Mono-Linyah birth control! I’ve been taking it for a week and I broke out really bad in the sense of huge cystic acne and dry irritated skin! I’ve never had that before and my face is so bad right now I’ve been crying for 2 days straight whether that be hormonal crying or I’m just super upset about my face. I was put on this birth control by my gyno to fix my acne and hormones meanwhile it made it worse. They always say it has to get worse before it can get better but I kid you not I didn’t take my pill last night and I woke up with already better looking, glowing skin. I have also been lighting spotting since I started this pill. Take at your own risk please.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

“The Mono-Linyah is absolute WORST. I’ve been using mono nessa for 5 years and my pharmacy was out of it last week. They only had Mono Linyah in stock and I needed to start my new pack. So of course I took it. WITHIN 4 DAYS MY FACE BROKE OUT WITH THE WORST ACNE EVER!!!!! I called the pharmacy today and they said the manufacturer of mononessa isn’t selling it anymore? I have no idea what to do but I need to get off this and now I’m scared to try any other generics because of the reaction I had. Seriously don’t take this.”

Lovemykids88 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

“This medicine got a three star rating only because I'm not pregnant. These pills make me so sick 24/7. I'm so tired, moody, irritable, nauseous like you wouldn't believe, and I've never had terrible cramps until I started taking this medication. I'm currently waiting for a response from my doctor about switching!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 19, 2020

“I've been taking Mono-Linyah for 5 months now and I am so disappointed and unhappy with it. I get frequent headaches, they last all day, sometimes they last for 2-3 days at a time, They're almost unbearable. My periods have gotten even heavier than they were before I started taking this, and they last for about 6 or 7 days. I just got off my period 5 days ago and I'm back on it again right now. I have had a period literally every other week since I started taking Mono-linyah. Most people notice weight gain while taking most birth controls, but I've been losing weight. I was 120lbs when I started it 5 months ago and now I'm only 104lbs. I feel like I'm in such an irritable mood all the time, I'm always so tired and have no energy, but also can't sleep at night, and my anxiety has been terrible. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. Hopefully my dr will change it when I see her next month. I really don't want to keep taking this rubbish.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

“I had taken Xulane (patch) for a year and wanted to try something different so my doctor prescribed me this pill. Everything was fine for the first 2 weeks but on the start of the third week I ended up passing out for the first time in my life. My anxiety before this pill was manageable and I didn't need medication to function. At the third week point I started having anxiety every day that felt out of control, I couldn't get a hold of myself and had severe chills, tinnitus, headaches, numbness in my hands, and depressive thoughts. If you have any mental health issues no matter how small I would choose another pill. Please don't suffer the way I have”

Wokbatpride · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2016

“I was on Sprintec for around a year and 2 months and then the pharmacy started dispensing Mono Linyah to me. I've been on it for almost 2 years now. I love it. No acne, no mood swings. Super effective (my boyfriend and I only rely on pull out and my use of birth control). My periods are incredibly regulated- it always comes on the second or third white pill. When I wasn't on birth control I used to have to take ibuprofen so I wouldn't throw up from period cramps but ever since being on mono linyah I don't even feel the cramps really and the bleeding only lasts about 4 days- and it is pretty light. Also no co pay at the pharmacy! I honestly have nothing bad to say about mono linyah. It just lets me live my life really easily”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

“I have hardly anything negative to say. It stopped my period (which has been a blessing) it’s been an overall pleasant experience. The only downside for me has been the anxiety. But overall definitely not a bad pill.”

Megsh · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2018

“Please do not take this pill. I have never been so sick in my life. I only took two days of the pill and had to stop because I could not leave bed. I was throwing up everything I put into my system and wasn’t able to eat for 48 hours. Also my period got super heavy to the point where I thought I needed to go to the ER. This medication made me feel awful.”

K · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 11, 2020

“Mono-Linyah was an okay birth control. I have been on it for a little over a year and have finally realized that it’s the reason I absolutely have no sex drive and the reason I’ve been losing hair. Other than that, it’s been a good birth control.”