User Reviews for Dextromethorphan to treat Cough

Also known as: Babee Cof, Benylin DM Pediatric, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, DayQuil Cough, Delsym, Elixsure Cough, Father John's Medicine, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robitussin Honey Cough, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Sucrets DM Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough

Dextromethorphan Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 535 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I took this syrup after my dinner and woke up with heavy head and dizziness and it only got worse by the afternoon. To an extent that if I close my eyes everything will start spinning. Its more than 24 hours now and I am still facing this issue. Will never recommend this to anyone."

Dhaval April 2, 2019

Sucrets Cough (dextromethorphan): "This cough drop is a lot better than regular cough drops, it numbs your throat and tongue....kind of feels like the dentist numb thing you get when you get a filling, so don't really like the feeling, but for helping to soothe the sharp pain in your throat, it will do the trick. The initial taste was really good too almost like a Ludent Cherry candy."

Cherry Bomb Numb er (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Bought it for cough, took it at 10pm tonight & my nose is running/burning, eyes watery & burning. I can't take anything till 10am comes. Not happy & still have cough too."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2019

"I thought I was going crazy till I read the reviews here. Dextromethorphan did work pretty well on my cough, but caused nausea, diarrhea, and a near panic attack. I have an anxiety disorder, and I wish I’d known about the possible effects on mood before taking it."

AmyMinn (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "This medicine is a joke! Doesn't work at all!!"

Mom of three (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

Tussin Pediatric (dextromethorphan): "HORRIFYING. I am 18wks pregnant, took the recommended dose of child’s Tussin at 10pm for the beginnings of a cough. Woke up at midnight with severe stomach cramps and the most insane and painful explosive diarrhea I have ever heard of!!! I thought I was miscarrying, but nope! Just reacting to the cough syrup... PS, used this one month ago and it worked fine, no reaction at all. :("

Pregnant Alien (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Delsym was awful. It did cause explosive diarrhea, which I did not need on top of already being sick with a chest cold. I've never had such bad diarrhea."

els March 10, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "First time trying this cough medicine. Had a persistent cough for more than 2 weeks so I decided to try it as I hadn’t been sleeping well due to my persistent coughing. The medicine works great on getting rid of the cough however it comes with the side affect of feeling drunk yet high at the same time. I am very lethergic initially an hour after taking it. However, then I have this mental clarity phase where I become very focus and productive about 5 to 6 hours after taking the medicine. I will continue to use it for my cough as it works and because I don’t mind the side affects."

Tina (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2019

"I have had a dry cough for over a week. I saw the ad for this cough suppressant so I bought it. I noticed no coughing almost immediately but only lasted about an hour. I went to bed and at midnight woke up to use the bathroom. I thought my guts fell out. The nausea and diarrhea, was so intense, I thought I had food poisoning. I wish I had reviewed this product before buying it. I never would."

Skinni (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "The medicine works really, really well. I took it at 7:30am before work and have not coughed and its almost noon. HOWEVER, the medicine has made me super dizzy and loopy. I almost feel like I am borderline drunk. My fingers are also numb and cold but that's going away as the time goes on. I love this medicine and this is the first time I have ever experienced these symptoms."

Texangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Learned the hard way that this stuff causes explosive diarrhea. I wouldn't take this if you have any plans for the rest of the day. Honestly not sure if it really even helped with my cough or if I was just getting better with time. Wish I looked into it more earlier on instead of waiting. It feels like they have added the active ingredient for miralax in a drug designed for already sick people?"

Ya don't take this (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Helped with the dry cough I was having for over 1 month. Robitussin didn't help at all and as soon as I took Delsym it helped me sleep through the night and no more dry cough. It actually loosened the mucus and I could actually cough phlegm. So thankful for this OTC medicine!"

Maria (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "I started taking this medicine a week ago for a sinus infection related cough. I noticed more anxiety and doing a lot of running to the bathroom. I thought it was from just being sick and taking an antibiotic. Tonight I took a dose and within 30 minutes I experienced extreme nausea. I found this site and it all makes sense now! No more Delsym for me!"

Nana (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I have no complaints about delsym medicine. It always work great for my colds. However, it’s the orange cup that is very hard to see the dosage prescribed. I suggest either bolding the dosage in black letters or a different color cup. Hard on the eyes for people like me with eye conditions."

Ree January 24, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I took Delsym for my allergies. It worked really good the first two days. But on the third day it made me feel like I was drunk or high, not really dizzy. I was disoriented and couldn’t focus and my mind was all over the place. I thought that maybe I had just not eaten enough that day or something, but after seeing the reviews I guess other people experienced this too."

Made me feel weird January 19, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Recommended by Pharmacist for persistent dry cough. Took about 1 hour to notice any difference. Then it seemed to virtually stop the cough. I stuck to the twice a day measuring cup instructions and was very pleased with the result. It did not completely stop the cough but stopped it being a constant problem. Would recommend for dry coughs. None of the drowsiness that some other cough medicines induce."

Rich (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "It's does stop the coughing but the SEVERE CRAMPING, diarrhea, and dizziness are not worth it! I was 2 days in before I realized that those symptoms weren't part of my flu.... It was the Delsym! BEWARE!!!"

Anonymous January 13, 2019

"I actually think this made my cough worse. It certainly didn't stop me from coughing or allow me to sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "My grandson coughed for a few days, doctor recommended it, not one cough since- I can’t believe it!!!"

Grandson (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Took dose of Delsym at 10:30 pm. Awoke at 3 am with diarrhea and dizziness. At 7:30 am: headache, dizziness, nausea and pupils were dilated. Now 18 hours later, still dizzy, headache with dilated pupils."

BBS (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "My son took it and his coughs got way way worse and it severely dehydrated him. I will never buy this product again!!!"

Fox December 21, 2018

12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "Had a minor dry cough that was getting worse as night went on. Took about 5ml, or half rec dose before bed around 9pm. Woke up at 12:30 am with sweats, shivers and sort of panic attack, restlessness. woke up next morning and felt as if I were hallucinating. Still 12 hours later, at work and feel completely discombobulated, Never in my life would I touch this again."

TrippingDr (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I traded my congestion and cough for horrendous diarrhea and nausea. Horrendous. Will never use this again."

Lees (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "This product is NO GOOD. I purchased for myself. Have a bad cough due to cold /sick. I'm not a smoker. It didn't help at all. I didn't stop coughing. It did make me feel nauseous though. If I could, I would have rated it a ZERO OR NEGATIVE TEN."

Chickadee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "Supposedly this stuff takes away your cough so you can "enjoy" life....NOT my experience!!! First two times I took it, constantly coughed at least three out of the eight hours I tried to sleep. Third time I took it, I took just a little more than the recommended dose and propped myself up in bed to try to get some sleep with only minimal success. Seriously, DON'T waste your money on this junk!!"

FeelingCheated (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018