User Reviews for Dextromethorphan systemic

Also known as: Babee Cof, Benylin DM Pediatric, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, DayQuil Cough, Delsym, Elixsure Cough, Father John's Medicine, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robitussin Honey Cough, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Sucrets DM Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough

Dextromethorphan Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 546 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Dextromethorphan to treat Cough

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "It's does stop the coughing but the SEVERE CRAMPING, diarrhea, and dizziness are not worth it! I was 2 days in before I realized that those symptoms weren't part of my flu.... It was the Delsym! BEWARE!!!"

Anonymous January 13, 2019

"I actually think this made my cough worse. It certainly didn't stop me from coughing or allow me to sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "My grandson coughed for a few days, doctor recommended it, not one cough since- I can’t believe it!!!"

Grandson (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Took dose of Delsym at 10:30 pm. Awoke at 3 am with diarrhea and dizziness. At 7:30 am: headache, dizziness, nausea and pupils were dilated. Now 18 hours later, still dizzy, headache with dilated pupils."

BBS (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "My son took it and his coughs got way way worse and it severely dehydrated him. I will never buy this product again!!!"

Fox December 21, 2018

12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "Had a minor dry cough that was getting worse as night went on. Took about 5ml, or half rec dose before bed around 9pm. Woke up at 12:30 am with sweats, shivers and sort of panic attack, restlessness. woke up next morning and felt as if I were hallucinating. Still 12 hours later, at work and feel completely discombobulated, Never in my life would I touch this again."

TrippingDr (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I traded my congestion and cough for horrendous diarrhea and nausea. Horrendous. Will never use this again."

Lees (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "This product is NO GOOD. I purchased for myself. Have a bad cough due to cold /sick. I'm not a smoker. It didn't help at all. I didn't stop coughing. It did make me feel nauseous though. If I could, I would have rated it a ZERO OR NEGATIVE TEN."

Chickadee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "Supposedly this stuff takes away your cough so you can "enjoy" life....NOT my experience!!! First two times I took it, constantly coughed at least three out of the eight hours I tried to sleep. Third time I took it, I took just a little more than the recommended dose and propped myself up in bed to try to get some sleep with only minimal success. Seriously, DON'T waste your money on this junk!!"

FeelingCheated (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "It’s a false advertisement on the product. I gave delsym to my son and it was a waste of money. It doesn’t help his cough a bit but kept him miserable all night long. He was tossing and turning all night, yet he almost coughed his lungs out. I never gave him a second dose after the false 12hrs."

Marv (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I gave this to my 14 year old son. When he went to bed he was seeing colorful lights, dizzyness, his whole body was shaking, he couldn't walk straight, his whole was stiff, he couldn't open his jaw, he was tossing and turning all night and didn't sleep and felt really lethargic."

Jam (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I’ve taken delsym and delsym max strength, and after a day or two it does start to loosen up the tight congestion in my lungs. The only problem with it, is it causes me extreme stomach distress. It doesn’t matter if I take it on an empty stomach or not, but about 15 minutes after taking a dose I experience extreme nausea. About 30-60 minutes later I will have to run to the bathroom, I’m not going to go into detail, but to say the least; I don’t go in there and puke. I’m not sure if I have a sensitivity to something in it? Or if it’s normal to experience this? I don’t take cough medicine often, but I don’t remember having this severe of side effects from other brands, but I digress. If you chose delsym, especially max strength, be prepared to possibly trade your cough for bathroom troubles."

Celeste (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I have to admit that this is one of the most effective cough suppressants I've ever taken. Unfortunately, I seem to experience side effects from it, thankfully not rampant diarrhea like many people seems to be experiencing, but I still can't take it anymore. Delsym has a commonly reported side effect of dizziness, but what I experience feels more like dizziness meets an acid trip. It's extremely unsettling and didn't happen the first time I took it; more like the 10th. But it happens every time I take it now. Bummer"

Jbwrdc (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Well. On one hand, my throat felt less scratchy so I coughed less-- on the other hand, I felt drunk as anything. Super dizzy and hot."

FeelinDrunk (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I was already drowsy from cold medicine and decided to take a dose of Delsym before bed to help me and my husband sleep better. I immediately felt anxious, wide awake, and restless. 3 hours later, bad diahrrea. The effect it had on reducing my cough was minimal."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "My 9 year old son had a severe cough. The doctor has always recommended this cough medicine. My son was very dizzy and felt horrible after one dose. 24 hours later his pupils are still enlarged. I will never use this medicine again."

Lorain October 10, 2018

"Dextromethorphan is absolutely worthless. In combination with it's frequent companion, Guaifenesin, it is LESS than worthless. You would get better results from having a witch doctor wave a magic wand over you. After all these years, how they keep this stuff on the market is the real mystery. The drug peddlers must have found the right palms to grease."

arjaysmithjr (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I have no complaints. I don’t even mind the taste. Works like a charm."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "Delsym does not help a bit and it definitely does not last for 12 hours. False advertising, really DELSYM it's really expensive for a product that doesn't help."

Brandon (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "I was taking this medication for about 3 days and I experienced stomach aches every day. Only stopped my coughing for a few hours. When I took the medication yesterday morning, I felt very dizzy and couldn’t stand up straight."

TA (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "After an hour of taking Delsym as directed for my cough I started to get a feeling high sensation as if I had been drinking. Luckily it didn't last long. Didn't get rid of my cough either!!"

Bibi (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

Benylin DM (dextromethorphan): "So I had a fever mixed with allergies that only lasted about 24 hours, but then I got an intense cough that resembles bronchitis. This cough has been present for almost a week now so I tried benylin cough syrup. I felt it go directly to my stomach and about 15 minutes later I had intense diarrhea. After that I stopped coughing so the medicine worked but my stomach was still off. About an hour later, I literally peed from my rear, it was just brown water and felt like liquid magma... So if you take this: it works for a cough but it turns your stomach upside down."

Piper (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan): "Did not work at all — very expensive for no relieve"

Andmcg (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): "This did NOT calm my cough down AT ALL! Would like my money back, as it is expensive and ineffective."

Debi (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan): " I went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist for a medicine to calm my cough and he recommended Delsym. I have been taking it 3 days and the cough has worsened because now every time I cough I vomit. In these 3 days I have not been able to keep a single meal in my stomach; Just today I stopped taking it and I stopped vomiting, apparently what was causing me the most damage was this medication. I do not recommend it at all."

Loly (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018