User Reviews for Codeine

7.9

Summary of Codeine reviews 8.2 44 reviews

Reviews for Codeine

Jan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2019

For Pain: "I find solpadeine to be very effective for pain but the side effect for me outweigh the pain relief. 1.dry mouth 2.Swollen eyelids 3.Bloating 4.Cough 5.Addiction"

PainPatient97 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 29, 2018

For Pain: "I am 20 years old. I have been suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for 4 years. For me, the biggest problem of the wide range related to chronic anxiety is chronic pain: huge muscle cramps in shoulders and neck, as well as back pain, bruxism during day and night and frequent headaches. Codeine 30 mg every 6 hours helps me level all of these issues so that I am able to study my University subjects. It has been the only painkiller that helped me so far... I am lucky to have an understanding doctor, given how much are demonizing this helpful medication, due to some irresponsible people."

Tammy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 6, 2018

For Pain: "Moderate pain reliever. Causes dizziness and sleepiness and also worsens my mood. I get more irritable when I take it."

Topgear60 January 30, 2018

For Diarrhea: "Took just one as prescribed by oncologist who I was seeing for a yearly cancer check. Prescribed one each night for 14 days. only Further investigation if this did not work, Took 1 only. Worked immediately, absolutely brilliant. Haven't taken anymore. Trouble is what was the cause of my diarrhea ?"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2017

For Diarrhea: "Suffered from Lower Anterior Resection Syndrome for years. Especially needing to empty my bowels every 1 to 2 hours during the night. Codeine was the only thing that stopped this and allowed me to have uninterrupted sleep. Lomotil or Imodium did nothing."

Eadwig · Taken for 10 years or more November 10, 2017

For Pain: "I have been taking codeine 15yrs+ with diazepam & Tylenol. I can no longer take anti-inflammatories too, unfortunately. I have a huge tolerance, regularly taking 240-300mg a day (8-10 tablets). On pain free days I need to take a 1 tablet about every 12hrs or withdrawal starts after about 18. That is a bit like having a dose of flu for a few days, combined with severe diarrhoea in my case. During rare pain-free periods it isn't worth weaning myself off completely cos the pain is never away long. Everyone different; 60mg gives me 2 hrs max. relief. No constipation, dizziness or nausea-the latter often experienced briefly on 1st use (inc. posters here) -dose probs too big. Constipation is common & worse than the pain, I'm told, so go easy."

Mr S July 5, 2017

For Pain: "After hurting my back I was sent home with some Endone which did not relieve my pain. The hospital gave me some Asprin/Codiene dissovable tablets. It was like a warm feeling of relaxation and pain was gone. My back healed within one week and I stopped taking them afterwards. I highly recommend this to someone with spinal pain."

Homestay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2016

For Pain: "I am an early 60's male with chronic neck pain as result of too many skiing accidents over many years. Normal pain killers like Aspirin or Naprosan wouldn't even touch the pain however l found Paracetamol / Codeine 500mg / 30mg worked wonders. I take 1 tablet at first and if pain too intense increase to 2 tablets. Because of stomach upsets and slight dizziness l limit myself to 4 tablets daily. Talking to my GP about situation and the fact that l did not want to stay long-term on the Paracetamol / Codeine and he suggested acupuncture which l started to have 2 times a week (10 very sharp but small needles) over a period of 6 weeks and, as result l have only had 1 of my tablets for the last fortnight which is a wonderful turn-around for me."

Mmafighter · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2016

For Pain: "I had an external hemorrhoids surgery and codeine not helping me whatsoever as the doctor prescribed 30mg. I take 2 still same and has not helped me with tonsillitis surgery too"

Bunnyomer · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 1, 2016

For Cough: "more than a decade of a horrible chronic cough, doc put me on codeine and whatever damage it might be doing to my body, it has been well worth it. I have had to increase dosage considerably but so far I have not become immune, thank god, because I don't want to live coughing like I have in the past. No side effects that are negative."

CW55 March 6, 2016

For Diarrhea: "3 bowel resections due to crohn's disease, I now have short bowel syndrome with chronic diarrhea. I have tried every anti-diarrheral drug there is and the only one that has helped is codeine. I consider it a wonder drug for my condition, enabling me to lead a mostly normal life. I have taken the same amount everyday for 6 years. I don't feel "high", but do feel slightly drowsy occasionally. I did have a period of 8 months where I stopped taking it and while I did have some physical symptoms (not mental) in stopping, they were not too bad, the symptom relief I had on the drug far outweighed the negatives. I continue to take and it makes my life easier."

BenzoCodeine60mg · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2016

For Pain: "When I got my wisdom teeth pulled out by my dentist, he prescribed me 30mg Codeine 3x daily, along with Promethazine 25mg 3x daily. He couldn't prescribe me Norco, Percocet, or any other Narcotic that contained NSAIDs, ESP APAP (Tylenol) because I have liver problems. It worked great! At first, the Codeine wasn't enough, but when I got a script for Promethazine on top of the Codeine, it worked WONDERS. Killed all the pain. I was real happy because I didn't need a dose raise from the Narcotic. Codeine is an excellent pain medication for moderate pain."

Deep purple froggie · Taken for 10 years or more January 27, 2016

For Pain: "Great. It works well for pain but does not last as long as I'd like. I can't take hydrocondone which make me itch and sometimes break out in night sweats."

roseifer January 17, 2016

For Pain: "Fantastic would be suffering with out! I take co-codamol 30/500 for tooth ache that I'm getting work on and having to wait a while for referral to go through. But this really does make the pain vanish in about 10 minutes! Only down side is it can make you feel very drowsy and very slight stomach ache but I take to help me sleep as that's when the pain is at it's worst and it does help you sleep. Also causes constipation and the pain free moments only last a few hours."

KiwiChick · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2015

For Pain: "Brought on a wicked toothache like I've never had before :/"

Ginadee · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2015

For Pain: "2 Dead Teeth awaiting extraction under GA tried to bring appointment forward but still waiting..Typical just over Christmas. Swelling caused a gumboil sinus tract Throbbing and tenderness to the surrounding gum Can't bite down. Rubbed tooth with Teatree Oil, and Bathing with Iced water or sucking ice to reduce swelling which causes the pain. Taken prescribed pure Codeine 30mgs Naproxen 250mgs 4 hourly with milk breaking the tablets into 4 pieces.. Easier for the the gut to break down .. Works well!"

Alyzsa · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2015

For Pain: "I had 3 of my 4 wisdom teeth taken out this past August. My dentist prescribed me codeine and ibuprofen. Whenever I took the codeine, my pain level was very low, so I'd say it worked pretty well! The only reason I didn't give a ten, is because it did make me extremely nauseous at one point."

Sleepstate65 · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2015

For Pain: "lI was lucky to have had a Dr that did research with codeine for Narcolepsy. Codeine has a paradoxil effect in Narcoleptics. It works better than any stimulants to not only be able to stay awake but aware without the awful side effects of a stimulant such as jitteriness. I Am able to read, do paper work, budget money, drive things that require concentration that are otherwise extremely difficult and hard to do and get right. Codeine has allowed me to be able to do things I wouldn't be able to do anymore on just stimulants. Gives me some life back. Having Narcolepsy is like having to watch life go by in a dream, it steels your ability to participate in life. Slowly built a tolerance otherwise no problems at all."

Steelernut4life · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Mirical this is actually working for me."

Ouchy!! October 3, 2014

For Pain: "I have extreme toothache, where no amount of paracetamol or ibuprofen can take it off, have been using codeine to take away the pain and it works, only down side is feeling very very sick and cannot even face food, and feeling shaky/drunk."

damo1985 · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2013

For Pain: "After morphine this would probably be the best pain reliever I know of. I have never had any dizziness, blurred vision or sleepiness but that's probably just me. Fantastic for wisdom teeth also."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2013

For Pain: "Had 4 wisdom teeth taken out this morning at 8:30am. My dentist prescribed some codeine for the pain. Having never taken codeine before, and the label reading take 1 or 2 pills for pain, I decided to take 2 around 12:30pm. WOW, these things take all of the pain away alright, however, for about 1 - 2 hours they made me very drowsy, out of it and I couldn't look at anything with a screen without it being blurry or me feeling dizzy. I was literally glued to my seat. Thought I was going to throw up at one point too. Should probably only be used for chronic, unbearable pain - otherwise it is not worth the side effects. Still feeling a little woozy now at 10:00pm. Will stick to the softer stuff because it seems like I am really sensitive to it."

Rickee April 17, 2013

For Pain: "Short lived but effective painkiller. I tend to get more dizzy and lightheaded from it than hydrocodone but the painkilling effects are similar. I rarely took the recommended dose on the bottle because it affected me so much. 1/2 a pill seemed sufficient. Takes only about 30 minutes to start taking effect."

Birdy 2 · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2013

For Pain: "Excellent pain relief for ovarian cancer. Only downside, terrible constipation that no amount of drinking or eating prunes, kiwi fruit or bran made any difference."

vermaelen May 11, 2012

For Pain: "I tried paracetamol and ibuprofen, but they're not as effective as codeine. Codeine is really helping me for muscle spasm I have as I am suffering from cerebral palsy. I'm glad I got it prescribed from my GP doctor."