User Reviews for Vicodin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vicodin.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
9.4

Pain
7.9

Back Pain
7.4

Summary of Vicodin reviews 8.2 124 reviews

Reviews for Vicodin

For Pain "I've been taking Vicodin or something like it for years. First for migraine headache and occasional back pain. Total of maybe 30 pills a year. My most pressing need were bouts with cellulitis. If I were to describe the pain, think placing you leg in a bucket of scalding water up to the knee. I took it round the clock for a few weeks. I now take it for chronic knee and hip pain. The dosage is 5 mg 3 times a day as needed. I rarely ever take 3 doses. Most days maybe 1 or 2 and if the pain is manageable, I don't use it at all. I'm averaging 60 pills every 4 months. The talk of addiction precludes me from taking it when I (or even my wife) feel I should. I've never felt high or drugged. The only side effect I see is less pain."

Stubear (taken for 10 years or more) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed this after wisdom removal. It makes me nauseous so I also take zofran which fixes that. It also makes me extremely tired but it takes most of the pain away. Not all of it, but it definitely helps me function a little better"

Walnutt October 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Taken for severe pain due to chest wall bruising resulting from a bicycle accident."

glboy September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I got this after I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I was still in pain after taking it. It didn't do much."

mikkee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Patient has been taking this for ongoing pain conditions and Dr. Is requiring a change in pain medicine to non narcotic. Approach of behavioral modification including physical therapy along with counselling has been recommended at this time."

Vicodinuser (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have severe arthritis I am now on Vicodin and the pain relief I get is outstanding"

Bobbytino November 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "That stuff made me so sick I wanted to die. It was like a terminal case of the flu. And oxycontin made me itch so bad I scratched with a hairbrush. Guess I wouldn't be a very good addict. I have a magnetic belt I ordered from a catalog and it helps more than medication - perhaps it's the magnets but I suspect it's more a case of giving me more back support. Prescribed back braces were too big and heavy to wear so they're out. I think every person who ever suffered from REAL back pain would be overwhelmed with joy if there was just a magic wand that would take the pain away permanently."

Ann in Terlingua (taken for 10 years or more) November 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "The vicodin 10/300 is my last resort for migraines when Frova/Immitrex does not work. I take it with Zofran because I am always nauseated with my migraines and very rarely do I have to take another dose to get rid of the migraine. This medication has saved me from going to the ER numerous times."

Kittenface (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I had knee surgery in 2001. The surgeon screwed up a nerve and I have been in chronic pain (24/7) since. Vicodin works better than anything else I've tried, including morphine. Without it, I am in pain and can't sleep at night. I can now understand why people commit suicide because they can't take the pain anymore."

Robert Lee C (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This is one of the most amazing medicines; and, when used correctly, can neutralize body pain and help you feel like normal again. Also, it is one of the only medicines on the market that does not make me feel loopy and can function effectively on it. Before taking this I had hip, shoulder, back and foot pain/arthritis and was unable to walk on my foot for several months before getting this medicine. all good now!"

Truly Amazed December 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "There are only a few temporary pain medications that are better than this, and this should be highly considered upon initial severe pain relief until a more permanent solution can be sought after."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Over the past two and a half years since I had major shoulder surgery the recovery has been slow. I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis and C6-7 cervical degenerative disc disease with C5-6 and C6-7 narrowing of the neural foramen. I was prescribed naproxen at one point which helped a little. I was taken off of it due to the amount I was taking a day. Up to 3200mg. I was also prescribed ambien because I couldn't sleep because of the pain. I started to sleep walk on four different occasions where my wife found me elsewhere from where I went to sleep. I called my doc and he took me off and I was prescribed hydrocodone and acetaminophen combo. That was the best thing that could have happened for me. I'm no longer in constant pain."

Was always in pain August 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I've been prescribed different meds for the chronic arthritis pain in my neck and only Vicodin helps with pain and it allows me to sleep comfortably at night and get through my days at work. I use only the prescribed amount at it works wonders for me."

Arthritis pain in the neck June 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I'm 80 years old with chronic back pain. I've been taking 5/335 Vicodin for 6 months. It's been great. I really recommend it. It has made my life so much better. I'm not worried about addiction at my age."

satsukosan March 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been given Vicodin for severe migraines, back pain, wisdom tooth removal and kidney infection with kidney stones. It never fails to make me feel nauseous, give me headaches, and make it incredibly difficult to function at times BUT it did take away my pain. After my last ER visit I asked for something other than Vicodin, they gave me Percocet and it works well with minimal side effects."

lilly433 February 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have tried different medications (Diladuids, Percocet ) as I have had 2 knee replacements and another because 1 became infected. Vicodin has been better because of fewer side effects."

Jasper V (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "No lessening of pain in legs."

teacherdot (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Prescribed this after Wisdom tooth removal. Worked fine with no issues at a fairly low dose. Use the Lowest dose for ONLY as long as needed. Then used Tylenol after that for a few days and all went well. Use these as your doc says only."

alankay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Helps with migraines when Imitrex fails. I have to eat before taking a dose or it will make me nauseous."

mpsprowl (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Ulcerative Colitis Pain: Made the pain manageable. My UC symptoms left me in such terrible pain on some days that I was completely non-functional. Once I asked for something to manage the pain, I was finally able to spend my non-functional days being a little less miserable. For flares only. I was once afraid to ask for pain killers but they are so effective I will not hesitate to ask in the future if the pain becomes too much."

Tomh219 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain "A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine. "

EEC (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My experience with Vicodin has been good."

Patrick59 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Used it for my back"

Mandie161312 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "It works very well for pain..it gives seniors energy to function and the side effects are very mild, if any. "

gloving (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "The one side effect that I didn't see listed under side effects was itching"

raerae68 October 22, 2013