User Reviews for Vicodin

Vicodin Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1807 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Vicodin to treat Pain

"I was in a head on collision with a cattle truck when I was 30 years old. I'm 66 now. I since have had six joint replacements and multiple other surgeries to repair multiple fractures in both femurs and other bones. I have used vicotin 7.5/325 for 30 years and found that it is extremely helpful. It does not interfere with my productivity, concentration, agility, or other impairment. I'm horrified to have it taken away after responsible long term use."

grif (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2018

"I was given this after I had an IUD inserted which was incredibly painful and has continued to be and it didn’t do anything for the pain, didn’t even touch it. The pain actually felt worse after taking it which makes no sense. All it did was make me extremely tired and out of it. No effect on pain whatsoever"

Yeti705 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

"I've been taking Vicodin or something like it for years. First for migraine headache and occasional back pain. Total of maybe 30 pills a year. My most pressing need were bouts with cellulitis. If I were to describe the pain, think placing you leg in a bucket of scalding water up to the knee. I took it round the clock for a few weeks. I now take it for chronic knee and hip pain. The dosage is 5 mg 3 times a day as needed. I rarely ever take 3 doses. Most days maybe 1 or 2 and if the pain is manageable, I don't use it at all. I'm averaging 60 pills every 4 months. The talk of addiction precludes me from taking it when I (or even my wife) feel I should. I've never felt high or drugged. The only side effect I see is less pain."

Stubear (taken for 10 years or more) November 1, 2017

"I was prescribed this after wisdom removal. It makes me nauseous so I also take zofran which fixes that. It also makes me extremely tired but it takes most of the pain away. Not all of it, but it definitely helps me function a little better"

Walnutt October 31, 2017

"Taken for severe pain due to chest wall bruising resulting from a bicycle accident."

glboy September 17, 2017

"I got this after I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I was still in pain after taking it. It didn't do much."

mikkee (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

"Patient has been taking this for ongoing pain conditions and Dr. Is requiring a change in pain medicine to non narcotic. Approach of behavioral modification including physical therapy along with counselling has been recommended at this time."

Vicodinuser (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

"The vicodin 10/300 is my last resort for migraines when Frova/Immitrex does not work. I take it with Zofran because I am always nauseated with my migraines and very rarely do I have to take another dose to get rid of the migraine. This medication has saved me from going to the ER numerous times."

Kittenface (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2016

"I had knee surgery in 2001. The surgeon screwed up a nerve and I have been in chronic pain (24/7) since. Vicodin works better than anything else I've tried, including morphine. Without it, I am in pain and can't sleep at night. I can now understand why people commit suicide because they can't take the pain anymore."

Robert Lee C (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2016

"This is one of the most amazing medicines; and, when used correctly, can neutralize body pain and help you feel like normal again. Also, it is one of the only medicines on the market that does not make me feel loopy and can function effectively on it. Before taking this I had hip, shoulder, back and foot pain/arthritis and was unable to walk on my foot for several months before getting this medicine. all good now!"

Truly Amazed December 6, 2015

"Over the past two and a half years since I had major shoulder surgery the recovery has been slow. I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis and C6-7 cervical degenerative disc disease with C5-6 and C6-7 narrowing of the neural foramen. I was prescribed naproxen at one point which helped a little. I was taken off of it due to the amount I was taking a day. Up to 3200mg. I was also prescribed ambien because I couldn't sleep because of the pain. I started to sleep walk on four different occasions where my wife found me elsewhere from where I went to sleep. I called my doc and he took me off and I was prescribed hydrocodone and acetaminophen combo. That was the best thing that could have happened for me. I'm no longer in constant pain."

Was always in pain August 18, 2015

"I've been prescribed different meds for the chronic arthritis pain in my neck and only Vicodin helps with pain and it allows me to sleep comfortably at night and get through my days at work. I use only the prescribed amount at it works wonders for me."

Arthritis pain in the neck June 22, 2015

"I'm 80 years old with chronic back pain. I've been taking 5/335 Vicodin for 6 months. It's been great. I really recommend it. It has made my life so much better. I'm not worried about addiction at my age."

satsukosan March 25, 2015

"I have been given Vicodin for severe migraines, back pain, wisdom tooth removal and kidney infection with kidney stones. It never fails to make me feel nauseous, give me headaches, and make it incredibly difficult to function at times BUT it did take away my pain. After my last ER visit I asked for something other than Vicodin, they gave me Percocet and it works well with minimal side effects."

lilly433 February 27, 2015

"Prescribed this after Wisdom tooth removal. Worked fine with no issues at a fairly low dose. Use the Lowest dose for ONLY as long as needed. Then used Tylenol after that for a few days and all went well. Use these as your doc says only."

alankay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2014

"Helps with migraines when Imitrex fails. I have to eat before taking a dose or it will make me nauseous."

mpsprowl (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2014

"Ulcerative Colitis Pain: Made the pain manageable. My UC symptoms left me in such terrible pain on some days that I was completely non-functional. Once I asked for something to manage the pain, I was finally able to spend my non-functional days being a little less miserable. For flares only. I was once afraid to ask for pain killers but they are so effective I will not hesitate to ask in the future if the pain becomes too much."

Tomh219 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

"My experience with Vicodin has been good."

Patrick59 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2014

"Used it for my back"

Mandie161312 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2014

"It works very well for pain..it gives seniors energy to function and the side effects are very mild, if any. "

gloving (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2014

"The one side effect that I didn't see listed under side effects was itching"

raerae68 October 22, 2013

"I was prescribed Vicodin as a rescue med for migraine. I've only used it 3 times but have had to cease using it because it makes me itchy all over my body. I don't get a rash, just very itch, it drives me nuts. I was taking 2 x 10/325 tablets (after taking 4 mg Zofran). It doesn't completely take away my migraine. I can still function. I need a little nap, then I can get up and work, drive car etc. It did wonders for my neck and back pain I am currently getting physio on, but it hasn't been a wonder rescue drug for migraine. I've been given a different narcotic rescue med to try. Hopefully I won't need to use it. I am on Depakote as a preventative and use Cambia as an abortive. These both work well, especially if I take the Cambia early."

Wombat Divine October 19, 2013

"Was on this medication for wisdom teeth/tonsillectomy which worked very well. The first time I took it it gave me immense fatigue but after that I was ok. Other side effects where nausea if taken on an empty stomach and minor constipation."

AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

"I have been dealing with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis since 2003. A rare form of the disease that only affects 10% of the MS community. Many people know someone with MS, but very few with this form. To this day I have been repeatedly reminded by the medical society there are no known medications to treat this condition. Vicodin 10/660 has helped with the variety of MS pains and has also eased the mental stress and allowed me to think clearer. I have been allowed to try everything in stock but always come back here. I have not drank alcohol this entire time frame and use Miralax daily to avoid constipation. Hope this helps and God bless."

3D (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2013

"Over the year's (I'm 75 now), I have used Vicodin 5/325mg for a range of things: had stable fracture of spine after a fall, broke one shoulder in 3 places, and the other a couple year's ago. Have chronic back pain and if gets bad get an prescription for it. A few surgeries: prostate, hernia, gall bladder, several dental procedures/surgeries. In each and every one of the mentioned cases, the Vicodin has been the pain management of choice. It frustrates me, that after a doctor prescribed a couple of times, they are reluctant to further prescribe, siting the addiction factor. I've heard that doctor's tend to UNDER PRESCRIBE because of this."

Daxton March 30, 2013