User Reviews for Vicodin to treat Back Pain

Vicodin has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Back Pain. 71% of those users who reviewed Vicodin reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Vicodin Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 165 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Vicodin

TK · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 26, 2021

“The only medication that relieves my back pain and reduces my recovery time by several days. Although I only use it 2 or 3 times a year to treat episodes, my new doctor won't prescribe it and I'm back to severe pain and my recovery time has tripled once again. NSAIDS and PROFERNS are useless. I thought doctors were supposed to better one's quality of life and manage their pain. Have an appointment with specialists that will cost me my retirement savings, but I have to live!”

Jersey March 9, 2021

“Some pharmacy's carry 5/300 acetaminophen with hydrocodone The 325 is rubbish ! The amount of in it is acetaminophen rubbish !”

Johny · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2020

“After an injury a I got a prescription for 60 tablets of Vicodin. The old class I mean. 500/5. After one tablet I felt almost no relief. After tho Vicodins my pain goes away within 30 minutes. I am pain free for good 5 hours. I feel a little happy, drowsy.. constipated a little.”

Second herniation L5-S1 · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“8 years ago I had discectomy surgery on my L5-S1 disc. The surgeon was hopeful that I wouldn’t need additional surgery. 8 years later I ruptured the same disc. I live with excruciating pain every day especially during the evening hours when my back has said that it’s finally had enough for the day. I take the Vicodin only in the evening and it help tremendously. I’m also taking Gabapentin and Baclofen. The combination of these medications makes my life bearable. However, if I miss taking the meds on schedule then I’m in severe pain. The Vicodin works amazingly. The only issue I have with it is that it wakes me up and makes me feel more aware and motivated. At night this can be a difficult thing because I then want to work on projects and get things done. Sometimes I don’t go to bed until the early hours and that’s not good for my health. Otherwise I think Vicodin is a wonderful pain reliever for my back pain and sciatica.”

SueW · Taken for 10 years or more May 9, 2018

“I had been on Vicodin off and on for the last twelve years until recently. My doctor will no longer prescribe this for me because of all the addiction news that is going on with the government. I have had 2 spinal fusions in the past 15 years and never abused the drug nor had any addiction problems. It is the only medicine that helped my pain. I have not found anything to replace it. I now take 4 Motrin at a time along with a herbal supplement called Kratom. This lessens the pain somewhat but am still in severe pain at times. I had no noticeable side effects from the Vicodin.”

Anonymous June 24, 2011

“Works well to treat moderate pain and increase flexibility. If new to usage you can expect a "head buzz" but with continued usage the euphoria dissipates, but the pharmaceutical effects remain. Does tend to cause constipation, but by comparison to some other pain killers out there, it is far more manageable. Prescribed to me with muscle relaxers, but the muscle relaxers make me too sleepy to function.”

annie_1962 March 21, 2013

“I have been diagnosed with severe chronic pain due to herniated disc which causes sciatica. I have tried everything over the counter... NOTHING WORKS. Yet, one Vicodin and the pain finally went away. Unfortunately only temporary.”

Anonymous March 15, 2012

“I have an Arnold Chiari. And severe scolosis and ruptured disc at L4 L5. Vicodin is the only thing that gives me relief. I've tried just about every other pain pill out there and its been the best for me. Doctors in my area don't like to perscribe it because of the addiction issue. This really hurts the people who really need it.”

Anonymous August 8, 2011

“I have chronic sciatica from wearing a gun belt for 15 years. This is the only medicine that helps me to live pain free. I have to work to support myself and try and save my house. If I am in pain I have to call in sick and then its downhill. ”

Ann in Terlingua · Taken for 10 years or more November 16, 2016

“That stuff made me so sick I wanted to die. It was like a terminal case of the flu. And oxycontin made me itch so bad I scratched with a hairbrush. Guess I wouldn't be a very good addict. I have a magnetic belt I ordered from a catalog and it helps more than medication - perhaps it's the magnets but I suspect it's more a case of giving me more back support. Prescribed back braces were too big and heavy to wear so they're out. I think every person who ever suffered from REAL back pain would be overwhelmed with joy if there was just a magic wand that would take the pain away permanently.”

EEC · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2014

“A few years ago, I was setting on the floor getting my bills ready for taxes, leaned forward to grab a bill and got "stuck". Could not move. The doctor prescribed Vicodin. It caused a blinding headache. Still had the Back pain and the headache was almost worse than a migraine. ”

Torres, S. December 3, 2011

“I started taking Vicodin and carisoprodol 1 tab twice a day. I lived with pain for years until I started the medicines. But now it's creeping up to where I have to take them all the time. Usually I take two Vicodin and 1 carisoprodol or the other way around just to feel fine. I worry because I understand it can be addictive. ”

Anonymous March 13, 2012

“I recently had an acute flare up with my Sciatica. The pain was unbearable with complete numbness down my right leg. I have suffered for 8 years with chronic sciatic pain wavering in intensity. This last time I went to my doctor requesting pain killer relief stronger than the Diclofenac and Baclofen I usually take which was ineffective. I was prescribed the 5/500 strength, 1 three times a day. This had zero effect on my pain. I took additional acetaminophen to augment the 500mg in the Vicodin. I have an appointment this week to seek a medicine that will bring me relief to I can enjoy life again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more August 17, 2012

“I was prescribed Vicodin when I had my 1st back surgery 15 yrs ago! It helped and 2 years later I had my 2nd back surgery! The Vicodin became less effective so I went to pain management and was put on the Duragesic patch which changed my life with the pain! I took myself off of Vicodin and eventually took myself off of the patch! I still live in pain but no longer depend on pain medication.”

painful life · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2012

“This did take away the pain and got me of the bed it let me do what I had to do. I did not get withdrawals when I stopped it.”

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2015

“There are only a few temporary pain medications that are better than this, and this should be highly considered upon initial severe pain relief until a more permanent solution can be sought after.”

teacherdot · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2014

“No lessening of pain in legs.”

Noelle1989 March 20, 2013

“I fell flat on my back and have been using this for 2 months. It works but really wakes me up! I need something else that makes me a little more sleepy. ”

Learn more about Back Pain