User Reviews for Vicodin (Page 5)

Rheumatoid Arthritis
9.3

Pain
7.9

Back Pain
7.5

Summary of Vicodin reviews 8.0 128 reviews

Reviews for Vicodin

For Pain "Ripped my gastro calf muscle playing tennis...Ouch..very painful and hard to sleep at night. Vicodin helps for mostly on the outside of the injury but not too much within the deep damaged tissue for me. I'd say about 85 percent or so, just enough to ease off the majority of pain for comfort at bedtime."

tennis leg June 11, 2009

For Pain "I broke a rib in a fall and the Vicodin helps keep the pain down to a dull ache instead of a sharp stabbing. I couldn't sleep without it."

Anonymous June 6, 2009

For Pain "I took Vicodin for a tooth that is severely infected and in need of work done to it. Without Vicodin it just throbs and keeps me up all night."

It works for me. Stacker WilliamsGABY June 2, 2009

For Pain "I have sciatica and take Vicodin. It helps me sleep and slightly covers up the pain."

Anonymous May 19, 2009

For Pain "I've just recently had 19 teeth pulled all at once and absolutely couldn't sleep at night. I was given 750 mg of Vicodin (Hydrocodone) and now I can sleep. It takes the pain away but only lasts for 3 hours at the most. I sometimes get a headache from it and have suffered from constipation. All in all, the relief you feel from severe pain is well worth it. Do not drive while taking this medication. It makes some people sleepy and slows down your reaction time."

Single Mom May 3, 2009

For Pain "I take Vicodin for menstrual cramps. It is quite effective in eliminating the pain, but it does make me very sleepy and slightly out of touch with reality. I found that caffeine counters this effect, but I haven't asked my doctor yet if it is okay to take caffeine with Vicodin (I read the warning label twice and didn't find anything mentioned there). I haven't noticed withdrawal symptoms, but I do use a minimum amount and am not prone to addiction in general."

Anonymous April 7, 2009

For Pain "I had 2 foot surgeries within 9 months of each other that took me over 2 years to heal, and was given Vicodin for the pain. At first it was awesome, it took care of the pain but I slept all the time. After a while I ended up taking more to relieve the pain, which scared me. So I would go off of it for a month or so and live in agony to prove I was not addicted. It detaches you from whats going on around you. I finally figured out that I would rather be in some pain than be so depressed as that drug made me feel. I just stick to ibuprofen now."

Anonymous March 24, 2009

For Pain "My Wisdom teeth started too hurt and before they got pulled I couldn't stand the pain and the only thing that made it better was 2 vicodin pills before bed. The pain went away. "

Wisdom Teeth March 21, 2009

For Pain "I was prescribed Vicodin 5/500 because my wisdom tooth is erupting and I'm waiting for the surgery on Wednesday. I was in severe pain for two days before consulting a doctor because Advil would hardly take the edge off. Vicodin takes almost all the pain away and makes it possible to swallow FINALLY. "

chris00000 March 16, 2009

For Pain "For some reason this is the only pain killer I can tolerate. I have been prescribed different types of medicines and they are either to strong or don't work. The only problem I have is when you tell the doctor this they act like you are a addict, which I am not. I am just telling them what works for me so I don't waste my money on a script that doesn't work. Doctor's can't figure out why I have chronic pain."

Anonymous March 10, 2009

For Pain "I have had 2 left knee reconstructions and was prescribed Vicodin 10/325. After a few short weeks I was already immune to the dosage and had to start taking more. Although it works great for body pain, I have a killer headache and no appetite once it wears off. When I have a few good days that are pain free and I don't use the medication I feel like I'm going through withdrawls."

afortner February 22, 2009

For Pain "I have spinal stenosis and take Vicodin 7.5/500 6-8 times a day it has taken the pain away. No side effects. Doctor says it will make me sleepy but I find is it keeps me awake. Been on it for 3 years and it's the only thing that lets me live a pain free day."

Anonymous February 20, 2009

For Pain "I take these every 6 hours for my ankle and they really work and help out with pain. Make sure you take stool softner though."

eyeloveyou. February 19, 2009

For Pain "The only problem I have had with Vicodin is that it really upsets my stomach. Whether I have an empty stomach, full stomach or whether I eat right after I take it or right before. It doesn't matter. Still makes me so sick. So my doctor suggested that I crush it and add it to yogurt or something of that sort and it has been helping a lot. I don't know what the difference is but hey, it works and i'm pain free."

Anonymous February 4, 2009

For Pain "Currently in pain management. Have been taking Ms-contin and Norco both 3 times a day, for 12 years plus. Had two gyno surgeries in December and January (last Wednesday) and was prescribed vicodin as well. With the other medicines I take I found my overall pain management, not just surgical pain to be much better. Really found a few pain free moments for first time in 2 years. Great relief. Wish I could take it all the time with current pain medication regimen."

2young2livewithfibro February 2, 2009

For Pain "This medication works wonders for me."

Elouisa February 1, 2009

For Pain "I was hit by a dump truck. I tried aleve and naproxen which helped for a little while. My doctor gave me a prescription for Vicodin and it has helped me so much. Vicodin has never made me queasy, drowzy or loopy. I have never had any side effects from taking it. For severe pain, your doctor might recommend taking it with a muscle relaxant."

Anonymous January 6, 2009

For Pain "WOW! I had oral surgery and when the anesthesia wore off, the whole side of my face hurt worse than any pain I'd ever had before. I couldn't even touch a tissue to my runny nose without going through the roof. Within minutes of taking the Vicodin, not only was the pain gone, but I was able to sleep through the night."

Anonymous January 6, 2009

For Pain "I am 50 years old and have had severe rheumatoid arthritis for more than 6 years. I was taking Advil like candy for years until I was diagnosed with Arthritis. My 1st Rheumatologist put me on 7.5/750's 3 times daily and it worked well. After changing doctors after major Lung Surgery they sent me to a Pain Management doctor who put me on Duragesics then MS Contin. That sure got rid of the pain, but the depressant effects of Morphine based medications made me miserable. Hydrocodone or even Oxycodone work very well as long as you don't abuse them. I'd wish more Pain Management people would get off the Morphine dependency. This kind of treatment makes it hard to treat pain after major surgeries."

bubbles58 December 4, 2008

For Pain "works great"

Anonymous November 14, 2008

For Pain "On a positive note, this has helped me to live a pain free life. I have severe diabetes, peripherial vascular disease which causes severe leg pain and cramps, especially at night. Since I work with kids, in a big high school campus, I am able to work and contribute to socitey, when taking vicodin once a day."

LPTEACHKIDS October 17, 2008

For Pain "I have been suffering from migraines for over 8 years. This past time the doctor ended up giving me vicodin to relieve the pain and get rid of the migraine. And I am loving it, as long as I take the vicodin when I am supposed to I am without pain. The only bad thing about the vicodin is the dry mouth and the fact that I feel detached from everything. But I can live with those two things in order to get rid of a migraine. I would recommend this medicine to anyone who has a migraine and can't get rid of it (I had mine for over 2 weeks before going to the doctor)!"

thedeathdetective September 11, 2008

For Cough "I had been prescribed this for pain but had caught a cold. I read that hydrocodone is used for cough, so I tried it. I had one of those coughs that just doesn't let up and makes you nuts because you can't sleep, eat, talk, etc. Within a half hour of taking a Vicodin 10, I finally stopped coughing uncontrollably. It worked better than the codeine I had taken years ago for cough. I only needed it for 2 days for the cough and it was a lifesaver."

Anonymous June 23, 2008

For Pain "I took it (2 a day) for a few weeks for a compression fracture and it helped not only that but the constant arthritis in the lower back. I also took it some years ago, knowing only the generic name and not associating it with 'Vicodin', for shingles. Nothing short of heroin can eliminate shingles pain, but this did a pretty good job without any sign of physical dependence. I will request a continuing prescription just for the arthritis."

Gr8olbroad May 27, 2008

For Pain "I recently had an accident where a board hit the side of my ankle at a racing speed. About 20mph impact to my ankle, and a broken cuboid, 2 torn ligaments, and a broken ankle cap. I was prescribed (M37) Vicodin. I take it 3 times a day and I live pain-free. But one side affect ive noticed is constipation. Sounds funny but its true, taking vicodin on an empty stomach avoids this."

Anonymous May 19, 2008