User Reviews for Dextromethorphan systemic

Also known as: Babee Cof, Benylin DM Pediatric, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, DayQuil Cough, Delsym, Elixsure Cough, Father John's Medicine, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robitussin Honey Cough, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Sucrets DM Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough

Cough
3.9

Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 3.9 235 reviews

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This product is NO GOOD. I purchased for myself. Have a bad cough due to cold /sick. I'm not a smoker. It didn't help at all. I didn't stop coughing. It did make me feel nauseous though. If I could, I would have rated it a ZERO OR NEGATIVE TEN."

Chickadee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Supposedly this stuff takes away your cough so you can "enjoy" life....NOT my experience!!! First two times I took it, constantly coughed at least three out of the eight hours I tried to sleep. Third time I took it, I took just a little more than the recommended dose and propped myself up in bed to try to get some sleep with only minimal success. Seriously, DON'T waste your money on this junk!!"

FeelingCheated (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It’s a false advertisement on the product. I gave delsym to my son and it was a waste of money. It doesn’t help his cough a bit but kept him miserable all night long. He was tossing and turning all night, yet he almost coughed his lungs out. I never gave him a second dose after the false 12hrs."

Marv (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I gave this to my 14 year old son. When he went to bed he was seeing colorful lights, dizzyness, his whole body was shaking, he couldn't walk straight, his whole was stiff, he couldn't open his jaw, he was tossing and turning all night and didn't sleep and felt really lethargic."

Jam (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I’ve taken delsym and delsym max strength, and after a day or two it does start to loosen up the tight congestion in my lungs. The only problem with it, is it causes me extreme stomach distress. It doesn’t matter if I take it on an empty stomach or not, but about 15 minutes after taking a dose I experience extreme nausea. About 30-60 minutes later I will have to run to the bathroom, I’m not going to go into detail, but to say the least; I don’t go in there and puke. I’m not sure if I have a sensitivity to something in it? Or if it’s normal to experience this? I don’t take cough medicine often, but I don’t remember having this severe of side effects from other brands, but I digress. If you chose delsym, especially max strength, be prepared to possibly trade your cough for bathroom troubles."

Celeste (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have to admit that this is one of the most effective cough suppressants I've ever taken. Unfortunately, I seem to experience side effects from it, thankfully not rampant diarrhea like many people seems to be experiencing, but I still can't take it anymore. Delsym has a commonly reported side effect of dizziness, but what I experience feels more like dizziness meets an acid trip. It's extremely unsettling and didn't happen the first time I took it; more like the 10th. But it happens every time I take it now. Bummer"

Jbwrdc (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Well. On one hand, my throat felt less scratchy so I coughed less-- on the other hand, I felt drunk as anything. Super dizzy and hot."

FeelinDrunk (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I was already drowsy from cold medicine and decided to take a dose of Delsym before bed to help me and my husband sleep better. I immediately felt anxious, wide awake, and restless. 3 hours later, bad diahrrea. The effect it had on reducing my cough was minimal."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My 9 year old son had a severe cough. The doctor has always recommended this cough medicine. My son was very dizzy and felt horrible after one dose. 24 hours later his pupils are still enlarged. I will never use this medicine again."

Lorain October 10, 2018

For Cough: "Dextromethorphan is absolutely worthless. In combination with it's frequent companion, Guaifenesin, it is LESS than worthless. You would get better results from having a witch doctor wave a magic wand over you. After all these years, how they keep this stuff on the market is the real mystery. The drug peddlers must have found the right palms to grease."

arjaysmithjr (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have no complaints. I don’t even mind the taste. Works like a charm."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Delsym does not help a bit and it definitely does not last for 12 hours. False advertising, really DELSYM it's really expensive for a product that doesn't help."

Brandon (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I was taking this medication for about 3 days and I experienced stomach aches every day. Only stopped my coughing for a few hours. When I took the medication yesterday morning, I felt very dizzy and couldn’t stand up straight."

TA (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "After an hour of taking Delsym as directed for my cough I started to get a feeling high sensation as if I had been drinking. Luckily it didn't last long. Didn't get rid of my cough either!!"

Bibi (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

Benylin DM (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "So I had a fever mixed with allergies that only lasted about 24 hours, but then I got an intense cough that resembles bronchitis. This cough has been present for almost a week now so I tried benylin cough syrup. I felt it go directly to my stomach and about 15 minutes later I had intense diarrhea. After that I stopped coughing so the medicine worked but my stomach was still off. About an hour later, I literally peed from my rear, it was just brown water and felt like liquid magma... So if you take this: it works for a cough but it turns your stomach upside down."

Piper (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Did not work at all — very expensive for no relieve"

Andmcg (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This did NOT calm my cough down AT ALL! Would like my money back, as it is expensive and ineffective."

Debi (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: " I went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist for a medicine to calm my cough and he recommended Delsym. I have been taking it 3 days and the cough has worsened because now every time I cough I vomit. In these 3 days I have not been able to keep a single meal in my stomach; Just today I stopped taking it and I stopped vomiting, apparently what was causing me the most damage was this medication. I do not recommend it at all."

Loly (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Took recommended dose at night. Woke up completely disoriented and dizzy - and had extreme waves of anxiety and feeling like I was going to pass out all day. Finally seemed to wear off around 24 hours later but was THE WORST experience. This was actually my second time - I tried it again just to make sure that it was the medicine causing it and not some strange panic attack. It's definitely the medicine."

me (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Delsym 12 hour cough medicine should be avoided at all costs. I wish I had never taken it. At first, it seemed to work, but then came the diarrhea, nausea, and dizziness. I had trouble sleeping while taking this product. After 2 doses, it triggered a histamine reaction as well. Before taking this product, my only ailment was a lingering cough from having a cold. After taking Delsym, I'm still dealing with the cough but now I also have diarrhea, and all the symptoms that come with full blown allergies. I can't wait until my body completely purges this horrible product from my system."

LD9 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I took it for nasal congestion because for some reason that’s what I thought it was for, and it was the orange syrup version. It cleared up my sinuses pretty much 100% so I’m really impressed with it. I must be lucky because I ended up taking half the bottle (over a long period of time) and didn’t experience any nausea where as a lot of people say they were vomiting with only one dose (by the way the amount I drank is safe because it was pure dxm HBr)."

Acronix (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I get bronchitis at least once or twice a year, and this is the only medicine to help my cough. My coughing keeps me up at night, my ribs hurt, and this medicine gives me some relief. I get 0 gas, nausea, or poops from it!!! Most medicines do cause those above symptoms listed, and with this, I have none."

GG (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Uhh I took this medicine for a severe cough because of seasonal allergies. I was taking Mucinex but it wasn't as effective immediately. So I asked my mom, who also deals worth allergy issues and she gives me this Delsym. It did, in fact, suppress my urge to cough but with major repercussions. It is now 10 pm, 12 hours after my first dose and I can't stand myself right now. I feel so disoriented that it is hard to focus on this message but it is important that I share my experience so I can save some the trouble of this way. I have an anxiety disorder, this is important for others like me so they know that this medicine has made me feel so incredibly bad that I have seriously, seriously dark thoughts about myself. I just want to stop this unexplainable, very terrible feeling throughout my entire body and brain. I hope this horrible experience will end soon. I'll be sure to update on how long the effects last. So far, 12 hours and counting..."

Donewithbigpharma (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I take delsum when I get sick and have a cough if I don't go to the doctor. It does work great. Stops my cough completely. Can cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach. My only problem with it is I can't go to sleep all the way. I end up in a drowsy state kind of like when you've just started to fall asleep-still kind of aware of surroundings. This cycles pretty much all night with wakefulness about every hour. The night seems to last for days, and my alarm going off is a relief. Not too tired the next day but not an enjoyable feeling for me, although a night of all night coughing is more miserable. So pros and cons for its use. In the daytime it can cause tiredness but does knock out the cough."

Nonsmiley (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I’ve given this to my daughter twice , children’s dose, and both times she has vomited within 30 minutes . Do not recommend."

KD (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018