User Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Also known as: Babee Cof, Benylin DM Pediatric, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, DayQuil Cough, Delsym, Elixsure Cough, Father John's Medicine, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robitussin Honey Cough, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Sucrets DM Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough

Cough
3.9

Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 4.0 249 reviews

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "The medicine works really, really well. I took it at 7:30am before work and have not coughed and its almost noon. HOWEVER, the medicine has made me super dizzy and loopy. I almost feel like I am borderline drunk. My fingers are also numb and cold but that's going away as the time goes on. I love this medicine and this is the first time I have ever experienced these symptoms."

Texangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Learned the hard way that this stuff causes explosive diarrhea. I wouldn't take this if you have any plans for the rest of the day. Honestly not sure if it really even helped with my cough or if I was just getting better with time. Wish I looked into it more earlier on instead of waiting. It feels like they have added the active ingredient for miralax in a drug designed for already sick people?"

Ya don't take this (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped with the dry cough I was having for over 1 month. Robitussin didn't help at all and as soon as I took Delsym it helped me sleep through the night and no more dry cough. It actually loosened the mucus and I could actually cough phlegm. So thankful for this OTC medicine!"

Maria (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I started taking this medicine a week ago for a sinus infection related cough. I noticed more anxiety and doing a lot of running to the bathroom. I thought it was from just being sick and taking an antibiotic. Tonight I took a dose and within 30 minutes I experienced extreme nausea. I found this site and it all makes sense now! No more Delsym for me!"

Nana (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have no complaints about delsym medicine. It always work great for my colds. However, it’s the orange cup that is very hard to see the dosage prescribed. I suggest either bolding the dosage in black letters or a different color cup. Hard on the eyes for people like me with eye conditions."

Ree January 24, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I took Delsym for my allergies. It worked really good the first two days. But on the third day it made me feel like I was drunk or high, not really dizzy. I was disoriented and couldn’t focus and my mind was all over the place. I thought that maybe I had just not eaten enough that day or something, but after seeing the reviews I guess other people experienced this too."

Made me feel weird January 19, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Recommended by Pharmacist for persistent dry cough. Took about 1 hour to notice any difference. Then it seemed to virtually stop the cough. I stuck to the twice a day measuring cup instructions and was very pleased with the result. It did not completely stop the cough but stopped it being a constant problem. Would recommend for dry coughs. None of the drowsiness that some other cough medicines induce."

Rich (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It's does stop the coughing but the SEVERE CRAMPING, diarrhea, and dizziness are not worth it! I was 2 days in before I realized that those symptoms weren't part of my flu.... It was the Delsym! BEWARE!!!"

Anonymous January 13, 2019

For Cough: "I actually think this made my cough worse. It certainly didn't stop me from coughing or allow me to sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My grandson coughed for a few days, doctor recommended it, not one cough since- I can’t believe it!!!"

Grandson (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Took dose of Delsym at 10:30 pm. Awoke at 3 am with diarrhea and dizziness. At 7:30 am: headache, dizziness, nausea and pupils were dilated. Now 18 hours later, still dizzy, headache with dilated pupils."

BBS (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My son took it and his coughs got way way worse and it severely dehydrated him. I will never buy this product again!!!"

Fox December 21, 2018

12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Had a minor dry cough that was getting worse as night went on. Took about 5ml, or half rec dose before bed around 9pm. Woke up at 12:30 am with sweats, shivers and sort of panic attack, restlessness. woke up next morning and felt as if I were hallucinating. Still 12 hours later, at work and feel completely discombobulated, Never in my life would I touch this again."

TrippingDr (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I traded my congestion and cough for horrendous diarrhea and nausea. Horrendous. Will never use this again."

Lees (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This product is NO GOOD. I purchased for myself. Have a bad cough due to cold /sick. I'm not a smoker. It didn't help at all. I didn't stop coughing. It did make me feel nauseous though. If I could, I would have rated it a ZERO OR NEGATIVE TEN."

Chickadee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Supposedly this stuff takes away your cough so you can "enjoy" life....NOT my experience!!! First two times I took it, constantly coughed at least three out of the eight hours I tried to sleep. Third time I took it, I took just a little more than the recommended dose and propped myself up in bed to try to get some sleep with only minimal success. Seriously, DON'T waste your money on this junk!!"

FeelingCheated (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It’s a false advertisement on the product. I gave delsym to my son and it was a waste of money. It doesn’t help his cough a bit but kept him miserable all night long. He was tossing and turning all night, yet he almost coughed his lungs out. I never gave him a second dose after the false 12hrs."

Marv (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I gave this to my 14 year old son. When he went to bed he was seeing colorful lights, dizzyness, his whole body was shaking, he couldn't walk straight, his whole was stiff, he couldn't open his jaw, he was tossing and turning all night and didn't sleep and felt really lethargic."

Jam (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I’ve taken delsym and delsym max strength, and after a day or two it does start to loosen up the tight congestion in my lungs. The only problem with it, is it causes me extreme stomach distress. It doesn’t matter if I take it on an empty stomach or not, but about 15 minutes after taking a dose I experience extreme nausea. About 30-60 minutes later I will have to run to the bathroom, I’m not going to go into detail, but to say the least; I don’t go in there and puke. I’m not sure if I have a sensitivity to something in it? Or if it’s normal to experience this? I don’t take cough medicine often, but I don’t remember having this severe of side effects from other brands, but I digress. If you chose delsym, especially max strength, be prepared to possibly trade your cough for bathroom troubles."

Celeste (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have to admit that this is one of the most effective cough suppressants I've ever taken. Unfortunately, I seem to experience side effects from it, thankfully not rampant diarrhea like many people seems to be experiencing, but I still can't take it anymore. Delsym has a commonly reported side effect of dizziness, but what I experience feels more like dizziness meets an acid trip. It's extremely unsettling and didn't happen the first time I took it; more like the 10th. But it happens every time I take it now. Bummer"

Jbwrdc (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Well. On one hand, my throat felt less scratchy so I coughed less-- on the other hand, I felt drunk as anything. Super dizzy and hot."

FeelinDrunk (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I was already drowsy from cold medicine and decided to take a dose of Delsym before bed to help me and my husband sleep better. I immediately felt anxious, wide awake, and restless. 3 hours later, bad diahrrea. The effect it had on reducing my cough was minimal."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My 9 year old son had a severe cough. The doctor has always recommended this cough medicine. My son was very dizzy and felt horrible after one dose. 24 hours later his pupils are still enlarged. I will never use this medicine again."

Lorain October 10, 2018

For Cough: "Dextromethorphan is absolutely worthless. In combination with it's frequent companion, Guaifenesin, it is LESS than worthless. You would get better results from having a witch doctor wave a magic wand over you. After all these years, how they keep this stuff on the market is the real mystery. The drug peddlers must have found the right palms to grease."

arjaysmithjr (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have no complaints. I don’t even mind the taste. Works like a charm."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018