Delsym12 Hour Cough Relief
Generic Name: dextromethorphan
Dosage Form: extended-release suspension
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 3, 2018.
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL)
Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- chronic cough that lasts as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake bottle well before use
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||10 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- dosing cup provided
citric acid anhydrous, D&C Red #33, edetate disodium, ethylcellulose, FD&C Blue #1, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol 3350, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sucrose, tragacanth, vegetable oil, xanthan gum
Distributed by: Reckitt Benckiser Inc., Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224 ©RBI 2009
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 89 mL Carton
SEE NEW DOSING
89 mL (3 fl oz)
dextromethorphan suspension, extended release
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser, Inc. (094405024)|
- Dextromethorphan - can you give TusQ Dx to a child and what is the dose?
- Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief. Can I give a small dose of this medicine to my child?
More about Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 18 Reviews
- Drug class: antitussives
- FDA Alerts (1)