User Reviews for Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief

Cough
4.7

Summary of Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief reviews 4.7 17 reviews

Reviews for Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief

For Cough "Supposedly this stuff takes away your cough so you can "enjoy" life....NOT my experience!!! First two times I took it, constantly coughed at least three out of the eight hours I tried to sleep. Third time I took it, I took just a little more than the recommended dose and propped myself up in bed to try to get some sleep with only minimal success. Seriously, DON'T waste your money on this junk!!"

FeelingCheated (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Cough "Did not work at all — very expensive for no relieve"

Andmcg (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Cough "Delsym 12 hour cough medicine should be avoided at all costs. I wish I had never taken it. At first, it seemed to work, but then came the diarrhea, nausea, and dizziness. I had trouble sleeping while taking this product. After 2 doses, it triggered a histamine reaction as well. Before taking this product, my only ailment was a lingering cough from having a cold. After taking Delsym, I'm still dealing with the cough but now I also have diarrhea, and all the symptoms that come with full blown allergies. I can't wait until my body completely purges this horrible product from my system."

LD9 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Cough "I took it for nasal congestion because for some reason that’s what I thought it was for, and it was the orange syrup version. It cleared up my sinuses pretty much 100% so I’m really impressed with it. I must be lucky because I ended up taking half the bottle (over a long period of time) and didn’t experience any nausea where as a lot of people say they were vomiting with only one dose (by the way the amount I drank is safe because it was pure dxm HBr)."

Acronix (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

For Cough "I get bronchitis at least once or twice a year, and this is the only medicine to help my cough. My coughing keeps me up at night, my ribs hurt, and this medicine gives me some relief. I get 0 gas, nausea, or poops from it!!! Most medicines do cause those above symptoms listed, and with this, I have none."

GG (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Cough "Avoid taking - I took the required dosage and after one hour I had terrible gas pains and diarrhea. Very embarrassing since I am at my office. My cough did stop but it is not worth it. Also, made me very dizzy and confused and a little panicky. Don't take it with any kind of green tea or caffeine."

Dolcissima7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Cough "I have a dry cough. I took the medicine before bed. I continued to cough and I did feel restless and had more difficulty falling asleep after coughing fits."

Melhasacough May 4, 2017

For Cough "I was sleeping in the recliner and coughing no matter what I tried. This worked very well. I think it might be the best 12 hours of relief I have had from coughing. Slight diarrhea but so worth the cough relief. I would take this again when that sick with a cough."

JenBu April 25, 2017

For Cough "Did absolutely nothing to alleviate my cough. And now I am feeling slightly nauseated. I actually think my cough was better before taking it, as at least the hacking was removing phlegm. Now it's a useless dry cough that is just as painful to my poor abused ribs. Thankfully haven't noticed any warning signs of diarrhea. Hopefully, it'll stay that way. Overall this product was and unsatisfying waste of my money and time."

Feckitjenkins March 7, 2017

For Cough "Took Delsym 12 hour cough and after about 2 hours got terrible stomach pains and diarrhea. It wasn't very good at suppressing my cough either! Be warned, I would never take it again!"

TheKarma (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

For Cough "The label with dosage information is not clear. Under the last bottle I bought, the label was very clear: 10 ml not to exceed 6 doses per day. The new bottle dosage says: 20 ml every 12 hours. So which is it? 10 as needed, or 20 every 12 hours. Plus the direction information is under one of those "peel corner..." tabs. It is very difficult to peel the corner off without destroying the dosage information and directions. I had to call a pharmacist to get an answer as to how much I should take. First pharmacist said 2 Tbls = 10 ml. Then another said 2 tsp = 10 ml. Very confusing label."

S Dunn February 3, 2017

For Cough "This helped suppress my cough from a cold but gave me diarrhea. Diarrhea seems to happen with all similar medicines."

Cookie - age 33 January 14, 2017

For Cough "Best cough medicine in the market I was having cough from a week but after l took I dose I dint had any cough next day I read lot of reviews about the medicine some guys got diahhrea don't take any medicines lf you have so weak digestive system next time take lemon tea your cough will go . This is a good medicine don't tell them to reduce the real power of medicine"

Situ (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

For Cough "Paid $10.00 for 3 oz bottle. Took as directed and did not stop coughing. Only upset my stomach. Called the company and they would not stand behind their product. No return policy for unused portion."

Jim J. April 1, 2016

For Cough "I had a very dry cough & onset of dry, wheezing chest congestion. I took a capful and the cough stopped within minutes, the congestion loosened in the nose & lungs over the next 2-3 hrs. I was able to sleep and am no longer constipated. 9/10 Stars"

AKElias December 4, 2015

For Cough "I have a chronic cough for 2 months from allergies that turned to a bronchitis/asthma thing. On other inhalers and allergy medicines and took Delsym, because the cough wouldn't stop. Soothed the cough a little so I could get some phlegm out. Thinking next dose would do the trick, but 8 hours after the first dose I had bad gassy poops! Don't think I will take the second dose"

Get me the GasX September 14, 2015

For Cough "Seemed to be a little slower acting, but it has calmed down my cough and I have not had any sign of diarrhea"

randy932 January 8, 2015