User Reviews for Norco

Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 344 medications

6.2
Summary of Norco reviews 207 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Norco

For Back Pain "Worked great for pain, but beware of tolerance. Taking four to six hours or longer seems impossible at times but it will give you the most relief. I have been taking four daily of yellow 3601 ( best generic norco from HEB if you ask me they are extended release as oppose to the rubbish white ones you find elsewhere) and I don't seem to get as much relief now days, one 10 mg will last approx two hours. Hard to get your doctor to understand but I am thankful for having something to help. Works great with two methocarbamol 750 or gabapentin. Have tried many prescriptions for my three herniated discs, sciatica, arthritis/ pelvis pain and these three have given me the best relief."

SirPain24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "This medication has gave me my quality of life back. I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed at 23yrs old. I started out with 5/325mg 3x a day and 4 yrs later am on 10/325 mg 4x a day. Be careful because this medication is habit forming but in combo with gabapentin and cymbalta, it works for me. By the way, I read someones comment about lortab being the same as Norco, and they are not identical. The difference is the mg of (tylenol). Hope this was helpful."

Tking018 April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I am a recovering opiate addict (2 yrs 4 mos). The dentist prescribed Norco 5/325 after a terrible root canal. It scared me. The thought of relapse is something that I've fought hard to avoid. So my husband filled the script, we said a prayer and he was in charge of dosing and hiding the pills. It worked. No traditional opioid high or weird effects. Just pain relief. I have noticed a bit of a rash on my chest and arms, but it doesn't itch and isn't raised. I can't say that you should take this if you have a history of addiction. You'll have to decide what kind of place you are in and if you have someone to monitor your pills. I can only speak for my experience. Best of luck everyone."

Luqicharmz (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain. This drug has given me my life back it works well for me and still allows me to function and care for my family. I was prescribed 10/325 three times a day and it does the trick. Soon I will see a pain management doctor and I'm not sure what he'll prescribe but we shall see."

Endochick April 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better."

Arthriticmama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all."

Willowfish February 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "I used to be on Norco 10,for a long time they were fine I never had a problem with them no side effects at all, recently dr. Changed me to Norco 7.5, and they're terrible even though the pharmacist the doctor say they are the same ingredients ( except that 7.5 has less )they are very different 7.5are horrible they make my eyelids swell up and I can hardly see out of one eye then make me feel very sick and Ill and I also have very bad stomach pain and pain in my chest also this is horrible do not like 7.5 at all might as well not take anything Norco 7.5 are very very horrible there definitely is something in Norco 7.5 that is not in the Norco 10 so why are they hiding it from us seems like they're trying to kill.me"

Sndr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help."

Lizrd January 13, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Broke my elbow. Did Nothing for pain. Took Ibuprofen. Worked better than that junk. Fortunately, it only cost $4."

broken elbow November 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I've got severe arthritis in my lumbar vertebrae and right hip. (I've got a hip replacement coming up) plus degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs too. Norco 5/325 allows me to walk a little more, play with my dog and get a few chores done. Norco doesn't take all the pain away but it does helps improve the quality of my life."

ChiweenieCaddi (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I am only 18 years old. I have had two major hip surgeries that have been unsuccessful due to an underdeveloped right hip joint. My pain is awful. I am fine for 3 to 5 days without pain and on those days I don't take any pain killers. But on the days that my hip hurts I can't even walk on it and I need to use crutches to just get around. I am 18 and the doctor told me that this cycle may continue for years to come. He has prescribed 10-325mg norco for the pain plus 800mg of ibuprofen. The combination works very well. The larger dose of ibuprofen greatly reduces inflamation in area of pain so that the norco can relieve the pain. I highly recommend this combo for any one with sharp shooting pain coming from your back or hip and running down."

Zjejeis2jb October 29, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Works better than morphine after surgery. Dilopid gave me a migraine, Other narcotics made me itchy. This takes pain away and leaves me a bit relaxed so I can get some rest."

Mama Laura October 22, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "When they switched me to Norco I had to deal with more pain. The medication is half as effective and makes me sick to my stomach many times. GOV'T doesn't care about the people with real pain more concerned with the drug addicts (which more people are becoming because they can't get the pain relief they need.)"

Retired Veteran T October 15, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "So I ended up at the emergency room for severe upper hip pain - no injury to speak of and they prescribe Norco. Dr. explain it is sciatic nerve pain which originated in the back and radiated into the hip and thigh area. Nevertheless this drug did absolutely nothing except make me rather "woozy" but the pain is still very much there. Luckily I have ibuprofen on hand so when the Norco wore off I took that instead. I won't say it worked like a charm but it was certainly better than Norco. Hopefully I feel better in the morning if not I guess I'll be going to urgent care since it's the weekend :("

DebbieInLA (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "I go to pain management and seem to alternate between Norco & 10mg oxycodone.. I have to take more oxy combined with morphine per day to equal Norco 4 times daily, but they are both very addicting.... I hide it from my two children as they would have a fit. They are over 25 , to sum it up. I would rather take the Norco for my pain I think the Norco is the better pain medicine for back pain combined with what walking I can manage ."

Sunny194 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Norco is 100% the worst pain medicine out there. Did not reduce my pain the slightest and made me so nauseous. This stuff should not be legal."

Jaymee12345 August 12, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "I have been on some strength of acetaminophe.n and hydrocodone for the past three years. I have seen 2 different pain specialist and took an MRI and unfortunately found out that I have desiccated (artritric) discs in my lower back and bulging disks as well with mild neural encroachment. I am a 36 year old man. The only way I can see that I got these very painful back injuries is from working food service for a number of years. Like 7 full years. This medication does work wonders for pain but has to really be taken with caution as it is a Schedule II narcotic. I recommend trying other pills first before settling on this one."

bap33 August 4, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "These just don't help me at all and they claim that they are the same as Lortab 7.5 but they are wrong. Lortab help me much better than these do. If they are the same then why call them Norco and change the looks of them. Nobody is fooling the patients that have been in severe pain"

Terrian (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "Doesn't help much at all"

Bettyboop1133 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "I have herniated disc, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, and more...I have been taking Norco 10/325 for 3 months now and have surgery coming up in June...spinal fusion and laminectomy of lumbar L4 L5. Without this medication I would not be able to get out of bed most of my days and am very thankful to have somewhat of a quality of life. I only take the entire 10 occasionally and break them in half to manage my pain. I do occasionally get light headed and nauseated but I have found that I can avoid this by eating small meals throughout the day and drinking lots of water."

AngieDJ May 26, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I tore my adductor muscles from slipping on some mats in a martial arts class 6 years ago. I've had two sports hernia operations which helped but I have some permanent nerve damage in my thighs. I get burning and shocks in my thighs. I have been taking 1-2 norco as needed for several years and they work great. I know they are highly addictive but no other pain killer allows me to work, have fun with family and friends, and continue to train in my martial arts. I sometimes go 3-5 days without any and rarely take more than 2 a day. If you have chronic pain or permanent nerve damage these can give you your life back."

OC Guy May 23, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "very helpful pain reliever "

No nameee May 17, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was taking Percocet for some 6 years and I felt it was time for a change. I was put in Norco 10-325, same level as the Percocet I was taking. The first dose gave me a pleasant high and seem to be effective on the pain.....but....about one hour later, u became horribly nauseated...and vomited up the medication! Future doses proved the same results. This went on for @ 10 days,even with an empty stomach. I tried Dramamine, water pills, Bonine, Metzlicine, but no matter what, it made me horribly nauseated!, in addition to that, I felt very lathorgic, brain dead, and my sense of taste and smell seem to elude me.although it did release the pain, the side effects superceded the benefits. I am now back on my Percocet 10-325."

ChefJames65 May 5, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Back Pain "For me it worked for a little while after a few months doctor upped my dose but it did nothing"

Had one back surgry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I had surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left hip as well as severe damage to my cartilage. It was an incredibly painful surgery and was prescribed the 10/325 hydrocodone (norco) for my pain. One tablet every 4-6 hours the first 2 weeks post op helped incredibly with the pain. I was given another prescription for the same thing for my PT (lasting 4-6 months post op). I no longer took them regularly, only before/after PT which could be incredibly painful. 1-2 tablets did the job, providing incredible relief from pretty severe pain. Only negative side effect I experienced was itching, particularly when I would take 2 tablets (20 mg). However, 2 tablets provided wonderful pain relief and also relaxed me mentally. Thumbs up."

Reed2016 March 15, 2016