User Reviews for Norco

Rheumatoid Arthritis 5.5
Summary of Norco reviews 7.2 276 reviews

Reviews for Norco

JP September 12, 2020

For Back Pain: “For years I took brand Norco (acetaminophen/hydrocodone) when it was manufactured by Watson. When the drug went off patent, many companies jumped in to manufacture generic versions of the drug. At one time, Watson was manufacturing a generic, which was great, since it was exactly the same as the brand, but Watson was bought out, and it's impossible to know (except through trial and error) whether the purchaser is using the Watson "recipe." As for generics acetaminophen with hydrocodone, for me, the generic Norco manufactured by Aurobindo has been excellent, as has that manufactured by Mallinckrodt and Rhodes. I have also been able to take the generic manufactured by Tris with what is usually adequate pain relief (but not as good as Aurobindo, Mallinckrodt or Rhodes). The generic that I absolutely cannot take is Amneal - it's like not taking anything at all. I'm not sure why, as all of these drugs should have the same amount of opiate in them, but I might as well not fill the prescription if the generic is Amneal.”

Pain for 35 years August 25, 2020

For Pain: “Fibro, CF, deg.arthritis, bilateral TJR of jaw. Have side effects to most meds, Norco works best. Generic Norco quality declined substantially since 2017. Used to take Qualitest generic 10/325 worked great, then Watson. Mallinckrodt, awful, did I mention AWFUL? Felt as I took nothing, nausea, & dizziness. Tried Par brand bad as Mallinckrodt. Dr. documents chart about lack of effectiveness of generic brands. Called small pharmacy, asked to order brand name Norco. Did this w/out any hassle or judgment.Costs $500 /100 , Rx is 180/ month. I pay $10 or less for generics. Good news brand name Norco works great, no side effects, pain 8 goes down to 3-4. Bad news can't afford. Req. ins co. cover, have documented generics give no pain relief. Think generic fillers are poor quality, & is why don't work for a lot of us in pain. Assume brand name have better quality fillers. It's unfair we have sub-par meds. Not all generics work as well as brand names, as they claim. Brand: Allergan, white, oblong, NORCO 539.”

Inthecut · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

For Pain: “The generic hydrocodone/ acetaminophen combo has turned into absolute garbage in the US. In my experience pharmacies are just purchasing the cheapest product they can find, which increases all the bad effects of an opioid while providing very little pain relief. Opioids are the only drug class you can't even pay extra for the name brand for, all thanks to pharmacy/insurance company policy. It is absurd. Honestly, it should be illegal. Luckily my doctor is willing to switch me to percocet or oxy (which is almost impossible in todays age) so I'm glad. On the other hand I seem to have a weirdly high tolerance to oxy. Either way report this to the drug manufacturers (mallinckrodt, Tris, etc) is the only way. The FDA is filled people who don't answer the phone, so reporting to the manufacturers as well is best.”

Imready · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2020

For Pain: “I was diagnosed with Connective Tissue Disease about 9 years ago. Up until a couple years ago, I got excellent relief from a yellow generic Norco 5 325. It didn't always relieve all the pain but that's OK. I changed pharmacies twice now in hope of getting a product that made my life liveable. All I've gotten has been this ineffective m365. I took one over 2 hours ago and now do I finely feel like moving around, a big difference from getting relief in 20-30 minutes. The FDA is clearly negligent. They don't test generics for effectiveness at all. This witch hunt on Hydrocodone is a joke, with responsible hard working Americans paying the price in pain because of the who obtain these drugs illegally. The FDA just recently decided that cigars needed to be tested at $100k per test, but they refuse to test prescription medications prescribed by responsible care givers to tax paying Americans.”

Bootsie June 9, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This Mallinckrodt acetaminophen/hydrocodone generic Norco is absolute rubbish! I've complained to my doctor, to the pharmacy, to the FDA too many times to count, and to the company itself. I'm at my wit's end in pain! What is going on and how are they getting away with this? For 5 years I've been on this medication and when it was Watson brand it worked fine, didn't take away all the pain but it was better than what I am experiencing now! I'm seriously thinking about asking my doctor to switch me from 10 mg to 5 mg because someone said they worked great, maybe it's just the 10's that are junk. Tonight I am ordering some drug tests just to see if anything shows up because honest to god I am almost 100% positive there is not any active ingredients in the Mallinckrodt 10 mg. Why should I be crying in pain after taking 2???? ENOUGH. I am in the process of getting a chemical analysis of my medication. ”

Harve · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2020

For Back Pain: “The generic norco if today will be ineffective due to the abuse deterrence altering the effectiveness of the pain pill. Most of the pharmaceutical companies have been instructed to do this to avoid abuse, all the while not receiving any relief for those in pain.”

Bob872 May 15, 2020

For Back Pain: “Been on Norco 7.5/325 for 4 years . Had Spinal Fusion L4-S1 will never be the same . Norco has given me my life back . I am taking the Generic Version . For those of you complaining it DOES work . Be thankful you can get any Narcotics in todays world. They could say 800mgs of ibuprofen. Be thankful you are alive and kicking . Im 62 .”

Peggy sue May 10, 2020

For Back Pain: “2 years agoI went to Walgreens instead of CVS and got my prescription filled that month for Norco 10 / 325 it was a pill look like my yellow ones little football but it was white. Absolutely did not work. I'm 67 years old and I had a horrible car accident 23 years ago and with the help of Norco I live with the pain. The last few years they're screwing with the medicine - everybody - not just Walgreens, Walgreens is the worst by the way. I believe that they are no longer putting opiate in their pills I mean if you get a 10 / 325 you shouldn't be able to break it so easily, used to be so hard to break that little yellow pill in half. I mean a lot of us are in pain if you're in pain why should we have to live in pain I don't get it. Somebody needs to do something I mean if anyone wants to go in together we find out how much it cost to test them I'll go in one way to find out”

Anonymous February 19, 2020

For Back Pain: “Back and neck looks like a train wreck without going into a long drawn out post. Waiting for a surgery because dr is out of town. Pain dr says be patient. I’m not out of pain. Been on Norco for 15 years. Looking at a 3rd neck fusion and 4 herniations, disc protruding and other MRI findings. Dr is scared to prescribe medication. I’ve actually thought about street drugs to relieve my pain. It’s not addiction it’s desperation for chronic pain relief!!!”

MissNikki006 February 17, 2020

For Back Pain: “I was given Norco because of stenosis and herniated disc which happened on the job and because I'm in a program of recovery I did not want to take it however the pain became too great and I was getting a great generic version of Norco acetaminophen/hydrocodone now the only thing that is available is Mallinckrodt and before that I had a manufacturer Eywa.. ( THOSE ARE AWFUL) however Mallinckrodt is the best I can come up with because Watson no longer makes this medication and the looks from the pharmacy just because it doesn't look like I have anything wrong doesn't mean that there isn't. My doctor has shared with me that he won't increase my dosage even though my condition is chronic nor will he change it to Percocet because I would have to go to a hearing I don't know if anyone has ever heard of any of these things but if you have please share I'm in Ohio the Cleveland area. I'm just tired and NO ONE should have to deal with substandard medicines but what about those of us who have chronic pain?”

Gman February 11, 2020

For Back Pain: “Been on hydrocodone 20 years now. Life was great when six 10/325 yellow tabs worked 10 hour days. I was able to work and make great money (self employed contractor in home improvements)..bills paid...child support paid..life was great...then the proclaimed opioid crisis came. Pain management cut me down to four 10/325. Work went OK...(only 7 hour days)...then pain management cut me down again..(against my will )...down to four 7.5/325, then down to three 7.5/325 a day. Now I can only work 3 days a week for 3 hours. I am now behind on support orders, house payments, bills, taxes...and mind you..never abused them...don't drink..never did drugs (street illicit ). Always passed the urine tests for for meds...always passed pill counts...perfect pain management role model. My pain is all due to 3 motorcycle crashes, fell off roof (24 feet), tree fell on me, ran over by truck in 9th grade, so yeah a long history of injuries. Now about to loose everything I worked for last 20 years. The newest generics prescribe to me is PAR Pharmaceutical 7.5/325 and I don't even think there is any active ingredient in them..god bless”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2020

For Pain: “I can't understand why there aren't any more complaints , is everyone taking a generic Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone ) that actually works? If so please tell me what brand it is because the Tris brand has done something to their pills and they don't work at all anymore. I am no longer able to clean my home and barely can work part time. One of these sissy lawyers needs to step up and file a lawsuit for intentional pain and suffering because what these drug makers are doing is illegal and the FDA won't do their jobs. I have been filing complaints since last year. The FDA needs to be sued also. Tons of suicides already happened and more to come someone can only live in severe pain for so long. It feels like they just want to get rid of all the pain patients. I know they changed it because I saved a few old ones and half of one gives me relief. Please file complaints daily with the FDA and these vile drug companies who have no consciences.”

Jersey · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2020

For Pain: “They've made all the acetaminophen with hydrocodone medication weaker. I believe the FDA is behind it. The only one that works for me is vicoprofen 7.5, good luck people and God bless :-)”

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For Pain: “Was prescribed this to help manage the insane pain of a kidney stone and it seems to do pretty much nothing. I don’t take any other opiates but I have to imagine that they work better than this. I get virtually no relief at all.”

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2020

For Pain: “This is an update the last 3 months of Tris brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone (generic Norco) has felt like taking nothing. My new refill Friday of January 17 now feels like I'm taking a completely different medication this is not hyrdocodone in these pills!!! I am tired dizzy headache and a little upset stomach. These manufactures are doing some sort of testing on consumers using us as lab rats and its sickening. PLEASE PPL FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE COMPANIES AND FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FDA ONLINE FORMS EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY GET INVESTIGATED.”

Captain America · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 17, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “What’s everyone’s issue with Mallinkcrodt? I’ve been taking 10-325 for 5 years. When I don’t take them, I’m in tremendous pain. When I do take them, I am not. They work just fine for me... Take them as prescribed and with ibuprofen if necessary.”

Mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2020

For Pain: “Mallinckrodt 10/325 is utter trash felt nauseous then binge ate then became rage full I reported it to mallinckrodt but they don't care disgusting manufacturer”

Bring back Watson · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2019

For Pain: “When the Watson brand of acetaminophen / hydrocodone was available this medication was wonderful. The last 2 months I noticed a difference in my prescription not working effectively. I honestly could feel little to no relief and excessive drowsiness through out the day. I called the pharmacy and found out the manufacturer was Mallinckrodt. After reading reviews about others taking this brand I have decided to talk to my Pain specialist and switch medications rather than try to search for a pharmacy with a different brand. Good luck to you all and I pray that we all get some relief from ongoing pain. #Peaceandlove”

sillyworm · Taken for 10 years or more November 10, 2019

For Back Pain: “Just changed from Qualitest 7.5 mg Vicoprofen to Norco 10 mg. I'm hoping Norco works as well. I know by experience that people/myself react differently to generics. Amneal did not work for me...their 7.5s felt like 4 mgs. I was trying Zohydro 30mgs...but with 60 mgs I STILL needed 30 more mgs of another medication. I have found that most companies are choosing the cheapest brand generics to sell and they can be inferior. If you find that this is true...search out another generic.”

kimmy · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

For Pain: “This medication doesn't even take the edge off of the pain after tooth extraction. Doesn't even make me sleepy so I could at least sleep through the pain”

calebread · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

For Pain: “This drug works great at relieving the pain after gallbladder surgery.”

bobbi · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 1, 2019

For Back Pain: “I have had back pain for years but didn’t see a Dr. until the last few years. Recently had back surgery. I’ve taken Norco off and on and it does help with the pain but it just doesn’t last long and I need a high dose that makes me sleepy. My big complaint is the restrictions on opioids. If I have MRI reports that indicate I have a real need for them why do I have to go every month to get a prescription? I understand patients make up illnesses to get them, but if there’s no indication at all they need to not receive them. It shouldn’t affect someone who does.”

Sweetie · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

For Pain: “Not worth it! Dizziness, lightheaded, nausea & fatigue.”

Dr.Feelgood · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2019

For Back Pain: “Vicoprofen works the best.”

Natalie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 19, 2019

For Back Pain: “I use to get name brand things were fine. My back pain started getting worse then I got the generics. First it was good. Some were good some not. In the Aurobindo brand of acetaminophen/hydrocodone after about 2 weeks I started to vomit and was sick for a week. Of course pharmacy didn't listen. Then one more time and same thing happened. No more of that. Then Mallinckrodt. It's just rubbish. Now Im having spasms in buttocks. I don't think there is any opiate in them and I am withdrawing. You can't trust big pharma. That's the way they do things. I am angry because they are stealing from us. How dare they decide for us that we should not have opiates.”