User Reviews for Norco

8.1

2 reviews
Summary of Norco reviews 7.9 226 reviews

Reviews for Norco

For Pain "After I had a tooth extracted my jaw swelled up and I was in considerable pain. My dentist prescribed the Norco 5/325 pill. At first I decided to try aspirin because I didn't want to get involved with an opioid. The aspirin helped a great deal but I was taking a whooping dose which put me at risk for internal bleeding as well as putting stress on my kidneys. So I tried the Norco pill. Absolutely no effect. This pill is a fake. I went back to the aspirin and the relief was almost immediate."

William (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

For Pain "Broke my wrist & painful contusions to chest and back. Dr. gave me script for Norco which sort of helped a few years ago. Instead of Watson , I was given Norco by McNeal. Absolutely did not help with pain in wrist break or contusion pain. Sensitive to opioids & usually get severe migraine from Norco. But not this time - nothing happened at all. Felt like I was taking plain Tylenol. I suffered for 10 days 24/7 waiting for some little relief which never came !"

Shadow (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Back Pain "Taking this solidly about 5 yrs now. PEOPLE PLEASE; If you take anything...there is a risk to become addicted. How many are you drink sodas, eat junk food or diet sodas daily? All can hurt you, possibly kill you. If you have real pain, this works. Be responsible and take what is prescribed. If your body is getting use to the dose, tell your doctor. Don't take more. Sometimes taking this can cause rebound headaches. Will cause constipation. Can make your skin dry. This medicine does not make me drowsy or slows my heart rate. It could for you. Be safe. Live well."

Hanna B (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2018

For Pain "I was given a prescription for Norco 7.5mg after I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed. One was not erupted and I also had to have a bone graft on my left side. The Norco helped somewhat but I also took Ibuprofen 800mg with it for breakthrough pain. That really helped a lot."

TyAustin February 24, 2018

For Back Pain "I broke a rib and was given Norco 5/325 in the ER. No pain management whatsoever. I quit taking it and went back to self-medicating. Norco is that ineffective."

Jen1029 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Pain "I have been taking generic. Norco for what seems like an eternity. Over 10 years. Numerous leg operations, infections, replacements, revisions , etc. first I don’t know why the operations themselves didn’t take this horrible constant pain away but anyway, been to about three different pharmacies now as they ALL eventually switch to cheaper and cheaper and weaker and weaker generics. If I ask my dr. To specify I get the brand Norco, will the insurance not cover and will it be unaffordable? I definitely have a tolerance to them but these cheap latest white IP ones are weaker than plain Tylenol. The long and winding road."

TheHulk January 30, 2018

For Pain "Prescribed for broken bones. Does nothing for the pain, just makes me groggy and irritable on top of the pain."

KatieAnd January 19, 2018

For Pain "Like taking nothing"

Ken62 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For Pain "Generics not all alike. Novel Suppliers at CVS and another Walmart poor relief from pain when generic with v and pink flecks were very effective. Who is checking on the production of these to see that they are not just compressed baking powder. Pills being diverted in illegal markets delivered in large quantities where little demand and being sold illegally. The active ingredient put in those and legally obtained most ineffective. Last two Rx and CVS and Walmart were ineffective taking a whole tablet when during day 1/2 was sufficient. Having to increase dose to get relief. Do not want to be forced to ask for higher dose if they are not legitimately made. Where is quality control??"

Judith Peoho (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 31, 2017

For Back Pain "This medicine does absolutely nothing to relieve pain. I have a compression fracture in the 5th vertebra and standing or walking cause unbearable pain. I was given this medicine in the ER and I might as well be taking sugar pills. I filled the prescription at a well-known drugstore chain. Are these fake pills? If so, how did the drugstore get them? I understand I am not the only one to have this experience."

Jezebel99 December 26, 2017

For Pain "I started having mild ankle pain about two years ago that increased to severe pain now. Doctor's still can't figure out what's wrong with me or what is causing the pain. Is it my back or my actual ankle? I have been put on many pain medications which haven't worked till now. I am currently taking Norco 7.5 along with Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day and I am able to function. At first, I was scared because I didn't want to become addicted but, when you can't function at all due to the severe pain, you put all those fears aside and you go for it. At first you do feel a little high with the med but, your body become adjusted to it and you begin to feel normal and with less, LESS pain. Take your meds as directed & follow up with your MD."

MusicIsMyMiddleName October 8, 2017

For Back Pain "They relieve my lower back pain and allow me to walk and sleep, couldn't do either without them! I use 3 daily 7.25-325 mg. My doctor transferred to a hospital and my new Chinese doctor told me he is deathly afraid of arrest by the DEA for writing narcotic Rx's scripts, he no longer writes any, but sends all, including me to a "Pain Clinic" that costs me $40.00 a visit for a specialist co-pay to pick up a script, a $480 year waste! Other doctors quit writing scripts because of increased pressure from the law and DEA agents also. How unfair is that to seniors? And who cares?"

the real Rander September 30, 2017

For Pain "Delays male orgasm significantly almost to the point of not being able to finish."

Roberttry (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2017

For Pain "I take Norco for my kidney and back pain caused by a festering UTI that was getting worse. I am so happy to be on this pill Norco. The emergency department put me on it last night as well as Zofran for nausea caused by the antibiotic. The Norco causes mild stomach pain but for me takes a full 1 to 2 hours to kick in. I can actually sleep without my kidneys killing me! So happy to be on it. It is a life saver."

Smalm (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

For Pain "Worked well to reduce pain from Mastoiditis. Slight nausea."

Seabury July 4, 2017

For Pain "I broke my femur at the top and had surgery to put in a plate and pins. The pain is almost intolerable. At first I was given oxy, but did not tolerate it well. The Dr. switched me to Norco and I am alert, awake and best of all out of pain. I get an upset stomach occasionally, but the Dr. has given me a prescription that controls that."

SmilenAnnie June 17, 2017

For Pain "I'm a 54 yo woman with chronic back leg and arm pain due to degenerative disc disease. My whole lumbar is fused. 3 herniated discs in the thoracic and 5 now in the cervical that need repair. I rely on Norco just to be able to get out of bed sometimes and to do chores like cut the grass. One of the best I've taken, Only thing I've noticed is I don't sleep when I take it. I just rest. I'm now lost as the laws are changing and my surgeon cannot give me scripts due to being post surgical a year. Family Dr doesn't issue narcotics at all, so I ended up at a high priced pain clinic that will only prescribe 5/325 2x a day! what a joke....... those of us that need it can't get it ."

kamdebbi April 26, 2017

For Back Pain "Worked great for pain, but beware of tolerance. Taking four to six hours or longer seems impossible at times but it will give you the most relief. I have been taking four daily of yellow 3601 ( best generic norco from HEB if you ask me they are extended release as oppose to the rubbish white ones you find elsewhere) and I don't seem to get as much relief now days, one 10 mg will last approx two hours. Hard to get your doctor to understand but I am thankful for having something to help. Works great with two methocarbamol 750 or gabapentin. Have tried many prescriptions for my three herniated discs, sciatica, arthritis/ pelvis pain and these three have given me the best relief."

SirPain24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

For Pain "This medication has gave me my quality of life back. I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed at 23yrs old. I started out with 5/325mg 3x a day and 4 yrs later am on 10/325 mg 4x a day. Be careful because this medication is habit forming but in combo with gabapentin and cymbalta, it works for me. By the way, I read someones comment about lortab being the same as Norco, and they are not identical. The difference is the mg of (tylenol). Hope this was helpful."

Tking018 April 18, 2017

For Pain "I am a recovering opiate addict (2 yrs 4 mos). The dentist prescribed Norco 5/325 after a terrible root canal. It scared me. The thought of relapse is something that I've fought hard to avoid. So my husband filled the script, we said a prayer and he was in charge of dosing and hiding the pills. It worked. No traditional opioid high or weird effects. Just pain relief. I have noticed a bit of a rash on my chest and arms, but it doesn't itch and isn't raised. I can't say that you should take this if you have a history of addiction. You'll have to decide what kind of place you are in and if you have someone to monitor your pills. I can only speak for my experience. Best of luck everyone."

Luqicharmz (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

For Pain "I have Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain. This drug has given me my life back it works well for me and still allows me to function and care for my family. I was prescribed 10/325 three times a day and it does the trick. Soon I will see a pain management doctor and I'm not sure what he'll prescribe but we shall see."

Endochick April 3, 2017

For Pain "Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better."

Arthriticmama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

For Pain "I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all."

Willowfish February 17, 2017

For Back Pain "I used to be on Norco 10,for a long time they were fine I never had a problem with them no side effects at all, recently dr. Changed me to Norco 7.5, and they're terrible even though the pharmacist the doctor say they are the same ingredients ( except that 7.5 has less )they are very different 7.5are horrible they make my eyelids swell up and I can hardly see out of one eye then make me feel very sick and Ill and I also have very bad stomach pain and pain in my chest also this is horrible do not like 7.5 at all might as well not take anything Norco 7.5 are very very horrible there definitely is something in Norco 7.5 that is not in the Norco 10 so why are they hiding it from us seems like they're trying to kill.me"

Sndr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

For Pain "Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help."

Lizrd January 13, 2017