User Reviews for Norco

Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 reviews 340 medications

6.2
Summary of Norco reviews 192 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Norco

For Pain "Norco is 100% the worst pain medicine out there. Did not reduce my pain the slightest and made me so nauseous. This stuff should not be legal."

Jaymee12345 August 12, 2016

For Back Pain "I have been on some strength of acetaminophe.n and hydrocodone for the past three years. I have seen 2 different pain specialist and took an MRI and unfortunately found out that I have desiccated (artritric) discs in my lower back and bulging disks as well with mild neural encroachment. I am a 36 year old man. The only way I can see that I got these very painful back injuries is from working food service for a number of years. Like 7 full years. This medication does work wonders for pain but has to really be taken with caution as it is a Schedule II narcotic. I recommend trying other pills first before settling on this one."

bap33 August 4, 2016

For Pain "These just don't help me at all and they claim that they are the same as Lortab 7.5 but they are wrong. Lortab help me much better than these do. If they are the same then why call them Norco and change the looks of them. Nobody is fooling the patients that have been in severe pain"

Terrian (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

For Back Pain "Doesn't help much at all"

Bettyboop1133 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

For Back Pain "I have herniated disc, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, and more...I have been taking Norco 10/325 for 3 months now and have surgery coming up in June...spinal fusion and laminectomy of lumbar L4 L5. Without this medication I would not be able to get out of bed most of my days and am very thankful to have somewhat of a quality of life. I only take the entire 10 occasionally and break them in half to manage my pain. I do occasionally get light headed and nauseated but I have found that I can avoid this by eating small meals throughout the day and drinking lots of water."

AngieDJ May 26, 2016

For Pain "I tore my adductor muscles from slipping on some mats in a martial arts class 6 years ago. I've had two sports hernia operations which helped but I have some permanent nerve damage in my thighs. I get burning and shocks in my thighs. I have been taking 1-2 norco as needed for several years and they work great. I know they are highly addictive but no other pain killer allows me to work, have fun with family and friends, and continue to train in my martial arts. I sometimes go 3-5 days without any and rarely take more than 2 a day. If you have chronic pain or permanent nerve damage these can give you your life back."

OC Guy May 23, 2016

For Back Pain "very helpful pain reliever "

No nameee May 17, 2016

For Pain "I was taking Percocet for some 6 years and I felt it was time for a change. I was put in Norco 10-325, same level as the Percocet I was taking. The first dose gave me a pleasant high and seem to be effective on the pain.....but....about one hour later, u became horribly nauseated...and vomited up the medication! Future doses proved the same results. This went on for @ 10 days,even with an empty stomach. I tried Dramamine, water pills, Bonine, Metzlicine, but no matter what, it made me horribly nauseated!, in addition to that, I felt very lathorgic, brain dead, and my sense of taste and smell seem to elude me.although it did release the pain, the side effects superceded the benefits. I am now back on my Percocet 10-325."

ChefJames65 May 5, 2016

For Back Pain "For me it worked for a little while after a few months doctor upped my dose but it did nothing"

Had one back surgry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

For Pain "I had surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left hip as well as severe damage to my cartilage. It was an incredibly painful surgery and was prescribed the 10/325 hydrocodone (norco) for my pain. One tablet every 4-6 hours the first 2 weeks post op helped incredibly with the pain. I was given another prescription for the same thing for my PT (lasting 4-6 months post op). I no longer took them regularly, only before/after PT which could be incredibly painful. 1-2 tablets did the job, providing incredible relief from pretty severe pain. Only negative side effect I experienced was itching, particularly when I would take 2 tablets (20 mg). However, 2 tablets provided wonderful pain relief and also relaxed me mentally. Thumbs up."

Reed2016 March 15, 2016

For Pain "This medication did not help my pain post surgery. My doctor had to change me to Percocet after 2 weeks. I even tried taking 2 at a time, with no relief. It was like there was no effect at all; I did not get drowsy so it did not help me sleep, it did not give me the jitters, or a 'high' feeling. I cannot see how anyone would take these for recreational use or get addicted. They do absolutely nothing."

lynsar69 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Pain "This drug is better than nothing. I wonder why it is used for severe pain. It doesn't help stabbing nerve pain. It helps back pain (herniated disks, arthritis, degenerative disk disease) a little. Not much help for neck pain either. I need Lyrica for neuropathy and the two give some relief for fibromyalgia and arthritis (along with glucosamine). My pain level remains disabling."

Ivory dream (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2015

For Back Pain "For severe pain and problems in the lower back this should be the very least that is recommended for pain, at least temporarily until something else can be figured out (injection blocks, PT, etc). This has helped me more than almost anything else I've tried, and after taking these my sharp shooting pain turns into just a "heart-beat" type throb that I can feel in my lower back."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

For Back Pain "I have Fibro, Spinal Stenosis (severe) and Neuropathy, and occasional migraine headaches. I've been taking the Norco 7.5/325 for five years and it works, along with my 90mg of Cymbalta and 10mg Valium x2 a day. I haven't had to ask for an increase in my meds ever. The pain is always there but manageable. I can grocery shop and do light housework daily. I can drive myself with no danger. I have taken myself off the Norco quite a few times. I might go five to seven days without it just to see if I'm addicted. I hurt a lot but even though I have a full bottle in the bathroom I'm able to resist taking them and not get sick."

Fibro Gal November 18, 2015

For Back Pain "Norco has been good to relieve my pain from my L2, L3, L4 discs herniated and resulting pain level 8 in lower back and down the sciatica nerve in my legs. much better than morphine which makes me feel like I'm asleep and trying to move thru cement. It really has done a good job of lowering the pain level and consequently I can function relatively well and get some things done each day, giving me a better quality of life instead of just focusing on the pain. I know I've become addicted but I'd rather be addicted to something that helps me than constantly suffer from pain and have misery day after day."

caddiwoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

For Pain "I have psoriatic oseto arthritis and this controls pain well at 1 mg 4 times daily Heavy fatigue, low blood pressure"

rmkardes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

For Pain "I have severe Fibromyalgia with migraine/tension headaches and Chronic Fatigue. I also have osteoarthritis in my hips and lower back. I've already had one SI joint fusion. I am on disability because of the Fibromyalgia. I have used Norco 10/325 for several years. It controls the pain well and at this point I am able to manage on only 1-2 tablets a day. I have to manage my pain to be able to function, otherwise depression sets in with the pain and I just want to stay in bed. I may be somewhat dependent on Norco now but it's worth it to have a life."

Teri H October 1, 2015

For Pain "About a 2 months ago I started having severe abdominal pain, my doctor started me on Norcos and now for the first time in two months I feel normal again. I am able to control my pain and now I can live my life relatively pain free."

cpocowatchit (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Back Pain "I found Norco to be highly effective in keeping my back, shoulder, and neck pain under control and still allowing me to function as a professional (at least for the most part). I have taken Norco on and off over the last three years due to a series of accidents. I have taken Norco as my only source of pain medication, and, I found it was pretty easy for me to leave behind once the the injury was healed. I had two surgeries this summer (June and July). I began taking Norco in April, and had shoulder surgery in June and continued on the Norco. In July I had spinal surgery and was put on Dilaudid and MS Contin for four weeks. At the end of the four weeks my withdrawal symptoms were exceedingly painful, both physically and mentally."

Sammy Jr. August 30, 2015

For Back Pain "I take hydrocodone 10mg/325MG. Of acetaminophen. I have bulging disks in my lower back on my spine and they hit certain nerves. I have had a great experience with this medicine. I don't have any side effects except for some itching. It allows me to function and continue to work a fast paced job where I'm on my feet. You just have to careful to not take more than prescribed because most people don't realize how addicting it can be. Read the papers that you get from the pharmacy and ask questions. If used correctly this drug is very beneficial."

Brandon 33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed Norco 7.5 due to server pain from a bad Kidney infection. I'm not big on pain meds due to making me feel different. I have found this medicine has controlled the pain but makes me restless not able to sleep."

Sue1228 August 5, 2015

For Back Pain "I'm 59, have sciatica, and it's progressed to where I know I don't have to live in constant pain. I've been a narcotic user most of my life so the 5mg didn't do much and certainly after a short period didn't do anything if taken as directed. I've upped it to 7.5's and relief was significant and am now taking 10mg and the relief is amazing. I was concerned because I've been a narcotic user for so much of my life but it works and I didn't want to push it by going the oxy route. I've been saying the same thing to people who don't understand. I call it a managed habit. There were several times I couldn't even sit in this chair and log on to the computer."

pudman56 June 25, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Back Pain "Went to ER with severe lower back pain that went down my leg. Diagnosed as sciatica and given norco 10. It totally knocked me out but did take my pain from an 8 to a 0! Broke it in half so I could stay awake after that."

Recurring pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Back Pain "i'm taking norco 10/325 for over ten years on and off i'm over sixty five, i've recently came to the reality that this wonder drug has lowered my back pain, diabetes sugar, depression, and neuropathy pain. i've been told i have reverse side effects form this medication then the average patients the doctor attends to. everyone else says oh your hooked on pain meds, so what. if they help all of these problems i have and have no bad side effects i can't live with. the best to this drug."

ezzboat (taken for 10 years or more) May 27, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Back Pain "I had suffered Degenerative Disc Disease with two bulging discs at L4 and L5 with Annular Tear and Spinal Stenosis since May 2006. No injury or accident. Right side leg went completely numb on me and sent me to the ER; Within a week I had an awesome Dr helping me with this med, Flexeril and Naprosyn. As well as Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care. I became pain free in November 2006. Then I got pregnant and in December 2010 the pain was so severe that I had to go on Norco & do Physical Therapy again for two months. Needless I went into Pain Mgmnt with an Awesome Dr and of course tried and failed Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxycontin with OxyIR, Neurontin, and this was always reverted back to Norco. Had Spinal Fusion and Norco was what worked."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2015