User Reviews for Norco to treat Pain

Norco has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 190 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 57% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Norco Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 1438 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Norco

GandyDancer · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2021

“Train track worker 30+ years and am in pain - non cancer, non hospice palliative care pain. Stenosis.. Multiple Lumbar and thoracic disc nerve intrusions.. (herniated) Cervical Schmorls Nodes from the daily many hours of tool vibrations. Severe Heart Disease. High blood pressure from daily pain. What would happen if people on depression medication was cut off? Why are State Health Departments sending letters to doctors treating people with legitimate pain that can be seen and proven from medical testing while they are responsible to guard the medication they take because it is life saving to warn doctors about their prescribing? Doctors will not tell you about those letters. My guess is because pain medications give legitimate people with proven pain quality of life and keep them out of revolving doors in the medical community where salaries are very high. People in pain need a good law firm to bring class action suit against profits before compassion.”

Frenchie · Taken for 10 years or more July 7, 2021

“I understand about the opioids crisis, BUT what about the elderly that go to doctor monthly and even get random drug tested? I have been on Norco for years for RA and also hardware that my body is rejected. All of a sudden these different manufactures brand of meds are given to us and the pharmacies do not tell us that they changed it. I’ve lost 10 pounds in 30 days because of being sick to my stomach. I can only take yellow Norco, but haven’t gotten it in over a year. Even when my do doctor requests it I I don’t get it. No one is carrying the yellow Norco. This not right. We are really hurting. We can’t get any relief!!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 9, 2020

“I can't understand why there aren't any more complaints , is everyone taking a generic Norco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone ) that actually works? If so please tell me what brand it is because the Tris brand has done something to their pills and they don't work at all anymore. I am no longer able to clean my home and barely can work part time. One of these sissy lawyers needs to step up and file a lawsuit for intentional pain and suffering because what these drug makers are doing is illegal and the FDA won't do their jobs. I have been filing complaints since last year. The FDA needs to be sued also. Tons of suicides already happened and more to come someone can only live in severe pain for so long. It feels like they just want to get rid of all the pain patients. I know they changed it because I saved a few old ones and half of one gives me relief. Please file complaints daily with the FDA and these vile drug companies who have no consciences.”

Magee1 · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2021

“Omg I didn't know so many people were going through this dilemma. I live in pain daily at a level 4. I don't take the Norco until the pain is a 7 or above. My Norco did fine and some days I could go for 2-3 days without taking anymore depending in my activity level. I have been screaming about these generics that don't work for years. First they took the real flexeril away which worked really well. Now they having taken the Norco away and given us some serious garbage. The sad part is this: us folks that suffer with chronic pain know the truth about these generics. They put us on them and tell us they are fine. People who use the drug to get high are not our problem. There's those of us who truly suffer with chronic pain. And it's sad that our government dies not give two-hoots about our conditions. I can't take those Percocet I'm allergic. They really don't care. The Norco worked. This rubbish they have now is a joke.”

Imready · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2020

“I was diagnosed with Connective Tissue Disease about 9 years ago. Up until a couple years ago, I got excellent relief from a yellow generic Norco 5 325. It didn't always relieve all the pain but that's OK. I changed pharmacies twice now in hope of getting a product that made my life liveable. All I've gotten has been this ineffective m365. I took one over 2 hours ago and now do I finely feel like moving around, a big difference from getting relief in 20-30 minutes. The FDA is clearly negligent. They don't test generics for effectiveness at all. This witch hunt on Hydrocodone is a joke, with responsible hard working Americans paying the price in pain because of the who obtain these drugs illegally. The FDA just recently decided that cigars needed to be tested at $100k per test, but they refuse to test prescription medications prescribed by responsible care givers to tax paying Americans.”

BB97 · Taken for 10 years or more June 13, 2021

“I agree with EVERY comment in regards to Mallickrodt!!! They're horrible!!!! Ive used par/Qualitest forever with my double scoliosis and severe dibilitating arthritus. Now Par can't be found and..... Mallickrodt??? They do nothing!!!! What are we supposed to do besides suffer??”

yogiredd · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2021

“I was baffled last weekend when I filled a new Norco 7.5/325 mg prescription after a Friday afternoon doctor visit and received zero effect from the pain I was experiencing passing a kidney stone. I tried taking the pills for over 2 days. The pharmaceutical company is Amneal. I have taken this drug over the years after having oral work done or post operatively, or from the last kidney stone episode 2 years ago and have always had very effective response to it. The second day I tried taking 2 pills at a time....nothing. I would not take anymore as I did not want to put something in my body that I had no idea what the content of it was. But it definitely wasn't any kind or level of opiate. I went online last weekend to seek information and found many similar complaints over the past several months. What a sad situation for people to find themselves in, being allowed to suffer in pain and being duped. Shame on these companies.”

Pain for 35 years August 25, 2020

“Fibro, CF, deg.arthritis, bilateral TJR of jaw. Have side effects to most meds, Norco works best. Generic Norco quality declined substantially since 2017. Used to take Qualitest generic 10/325 worked great, then Watson. Mallinckrodt, awful, did I mention AWFUL? Felt as I took nothing, nausea, & dizziness. Tried Par brand bad as Mallinckrodt. Dr. documents chart about lack of effectiveness of generic brands. Called small pharmacy, asked to order brand name Norco. Did this w/out any hassle or judgment.Costs $500 /100 , Rx is 180/ month. I pay $10 or less for generics. Good news brand name Norco works great, no side effects, pain 8 goes down to 3-4. Bad news can't afford. Req. ins co. cover, have documented generics give no pain relief. Think generic fillers are poor quality, & is why don't work for a lot of us in pain. Assume brand name have better quality fillers. It's unfair we have sub-par meds. Not all generics work as well as brand names, as they claim. Brand: Allergan, white, oblong, NORCO 539.”

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 19, 2020

“This is an update the last 3 months of Tris brand of acetaminophen with hydrocodone (generic Norco) has felt like taking nothing. My new refill Friday of January 17 now feels like I'm taking a completely different medication this is not hyrdocodone in these pills!!! I am tired dizzy headache and a little upset stomach. These manufactures are doing some sort of testing on consumers using us as lab rats and its sickening. PLEASE PPL FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE COMPANIES AND FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FDA ONLINE FORMS EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY GET INVESTIGATED.”

Jose · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2019

“I have been taking Norco the generic brand for 18 years due to back issues, but my doctor retired and a new doctor tells me that I have an addiction and that I need to stop taking it, so I asked him if he even read my file. I refuse to be in pain and was wondering if I any legal rights, I am 61 years old, worked hard in my younger age, got hurt on my job and now they tell me that I have an addiction ,I take 3 to 4 a day and I don't want to wither away due to pain the rest of my life.”

Suki April 24, 2021

“Absolute garbage. Ibuprofen works better for my tooth pain. I ended up doubling my dose and still no relief. I don’t know what the manufacturers are doing to pain pills these days but it’s wrong on so many levels.”

Inthecut · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

“The generic hydrocodone/ acetaminophen combo has turned into absolute garbage in the US. In my experience pharmacies are just purchasing the cheapest product they can find, which increases all the bad effects of an opioid while providing very little pain relief. Opioids are the only drug class you can't even pay extra for the name brand for, all thanks to pharmacy/insurance company policy. It is absurd. Honestly, it should be illegal. Luckily my doctor is willing to switch me to percocet or oxy (which is almost impossible in todays age) so I'm glad. On the other hand I seem to have a weirdly high tolerance to oxy. Either way report this to the drug manufacturers (mallinckrodt, Tris, etc) is the only way. The FDA is filled people who don't answer the phone, so reporting to the manufacturers as well is best.”

Bring back Watson · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2019

“When the Watson brand of acetaminophen / hydrocodone was available this medication was wonderful. The last 2 months I noticed a difference in my prescription not working effectively. I honestly could feel little to no relief and excessive drowsiness through out the day. I called the pharmacy and found out the manufacturer was Mallinckrodt. After reading reviews about others taking this brand I have decided to talk to my Pain specialist and switch medications rather than try to search for a pharmacy with a different brand. Good luck to you all and I pray that we all get some relief from ongoing pain. #Peaceandlove”

Real Name · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2021

“With brand Norco or Watson Hydrocodone at one a day I experienced occasional itchy nose, occasional mild nausea, occasional constipation. Now at six mallinckrodt brand hydrocodone I have no side effects? Along with minimal pain relief.. Billions of dollars are being spent on these inferior drugs. Peoples money, insurance companies, tax payers money in the trash and people suffering! What a joke the FDA is. Time for a federal lawsuit against the FDA and Mallinckrodt as well as anyone else who stood by while this is going on. This is not the solution to a few bad apples that misuse/abuse their medication. There are much more people who have been using it responsibly and it's not hard to decipher the addicts from the people who want to be able to live their lives without agony and depression from constant pain. It may be sad when abusers overdose but it's worse when honest deserving patients give up due to no pain relieve .”

Pain patient · Taken for 10 years or more November 18, 2018

“I have been on Norco for 13 years for pain relief and have no side effects. The main problem is finding a doctor to prescribe them. Many doctors mistakenly think by cutting down or stopping writing scripts for Norco, there are less overdoses. Actually the people that legitimately take it for pain are suffering and the people abusing it have switched to heroin, which there are many more ODs from. Heroin is not controlled so it can contain deadly ingredients; also an addict could be used to a certain strength and unknowingly buy something stronger that could kill them. This law has caused more deaths, but most doctors haven't done the research I have and don't know this. I think the doctors should get personally involved with the patients; I would gladly answer any questions and give permission for them to check my legal history. Then hopefully the people in pain would get help and the people abusing drugs could go to rehab to get off it. That's when we'll see a drop in ODs and deaths.”

Bazingaut June 12, 2021

“This opioid is TRASH! I was prescribed it after a tonsillectomy and it has provided ZERO relief. I’m 18 and have never taken pain pills in my life so I definitely don’t have a tolerance, this stuff is just bogus. Thanks gov’t, I’m glad I get to suffer for 2 weeks since you can’t give us pain relief!”

Kraci · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2019

“I have had times when I've had to take Norco for pain. Most of which was Watson. I had knee surgery Dec 28 and was given Norco 5/325 from Aurobindo pharmaceuticals. I took 2-3 at a time to feel ANY RELIEF. This brand is no better than OTC meds. I never knew until now that different companies use different ingredients. I'm so disappointed in my pharmacy for changing companies at the cost of their suffering clientele.”

Boberlee June 17, 2021

“Vicodin and Norco seem consistent and without adverse side effects. I was able to work, go to school, take care of all the necessities of a busy and productive life, even with pain from Spondylosis. There has been a supply issue with the inception of the "Opioid Crisis". Legitimate Patients are unable to fill their prescriptions. Mallinckrodt brand gave me what can be described as flu-like symptoms. Nausea, ringing in my ears, headache, and general malaise. I checked the ingredients list to see if there was anything I was allergic to in the filler. I see nothing amiss. This is a mystery indeed. NORCO is unavailable at any pharmacy I have inquired to and the preferred generic from Camber Pharmaceuticals is also not available. Whether this is a manufacturing issue, a supply issue or a corporate issue (higher profits from offering a cheaper generic), I do not know.”

Fed Up · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2021

“Generic Norco used to work great when pharmacies carried the good quality brands, but now with the poor quality brands available, it is difficult to get pain relief. I am fed up with the so-called overdose epidemic causing chronic pain patients to suffer! States have sued the Pharmaceutical companies over it and as a result, the Pharm companies filed bankruptcy and had to sell off their sub-companies that manufactured the good quality generics! Goodbye Watson, Qualitest, Par, Teva, etc.! Hello unrelieved crippling pain! I changed pharmacies from CVS who dispensed worthless Caracao, to a private pharm who dispenses Amneal or Mallinckrodt. Mallin is very weak and causes terrible side effects and Amneal works at about half strength. Tris from Walgreens doesn’t work at all! It’s so frustrating, we need pain relief and can’t get it anymore.”

Hermit · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 7, 2019

“I just took my last Watson yesterday . I was concerned about continuing this medication because all the pharmacies in my area only stock mallinkrodt and that manufacturers brand causes me increased pain and muscle tension. I consider it to be a substandard medication and really I will not use it. I was lucky to find one pharmacy that stock amneal, while not quite as good as Watson, Amneal is an improvement over Mallinckrodt (mallincrap) so I won't have to ask my doctor to take me off this medication which I was going to do if only mallincrap was available. I have informed my pharmacy that I do not want anything from mallinkrodt as I do not trust this company. Unfortunately they own many of the corporate pharmacies around the country”

P'd-Off · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2021

“Illegal is what is happening with Generic Norco! If they are claiming the generics are equal to Brand Norco, they are lying to your face. More people know what's going on and it's a secret to pretend they don't know. Its 100% rubbish. My pain level has continued to increase and my dosage has been increased to 6 a day with minimal relief? It seems doctors stopped asking if you have suicidal thoughts after initial exam. I believe the ones who seek out stronger drugs and overdose are tired of being joked around with by defective generic drugs. I'm not seeking out more pills or stronger drugs, I just don't want to be in pain and think about being in pain and how I'm supposed to live my life. A few years ago 1/2 pill to 2 pills would be enough depending on my day and how much strenuous activity I did that day or the day prior. Now 6 pills with no relief? Spinal Fusion, Disc Protrusion & RA until I die sooner rather than later. The people who responsibly use their meds should not be suffering”

LC September 15, 2018

“I used to take the 10/325 "yellow" pills, but now most pharmacies dispense white pills made by Watson, Mallinckrodt (“M”) or Amneal. Watson worked best for me, but not as well as the yellow pills. Walgreens just signed a contract with M and that's all they carry now. I can definitively say this past month has been awful. The M brand did not help my pain and made me very irritable. It's as if M put out a placebo or sugar pill. I refuse to take more pills due to the lack of efficacy of the M pills. I learned independent pharmacies often carry several brands at one time. One near me carries three -- including PAR (the yellow ones!) I hate to sound excited, but I thought they stopped making those and have been suffering through sub-par (pun intended) substitutions. The pharmacist told me Par costs twice as much to order than other brands. My guess is that's because it actually works. If you find a brand that works for your body, it can definitely improve quality of life.”

wraymondk March 11, 2008

“I have had a severe back injury and have been off work since Nov '06 and I first was on Vicodin and that didn't work anymore so they had put me on the Norco to cover the pain. It works wonders and I take 1-2 around every 4 hrs. BUT it has became very habit forming and I don't see an easy end to trying to cut back or get off these pills. They work great for pain but be careful!”

Sarah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 29, 2018

“Norco worked pretty well for me at the right dose and when rx'd with muscle relaxers. However, I was originally rx'd long acting opioids because I had liver damage due to Halothane toxicity and taking a single ingredient opioid was safer. With the new "guidelines" I can't even find a doctor who's okay with rxing Norco so I'm back to taking high doses of acetaminophen. The govt has really screwed chronic pain patients.”

mikel · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2020

“I have extreme pain from a tooth and my dentist prescribed me Norco and I thought the excruciating pain will finally end. This stuff is complete garbage. I usually have to take lower doses due to sensitivity and this was a full dose. It did absolutely nothing for pain. The only thing it did was make me a tiny bit tired, but Tris needs to figure out what they are doing. DO NOT use this for pain relief, ibuprofen does a lot better.”