User Reviews for Norco

Learn more about Norco.

Norco Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1865 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Norco to treat Pain

"Doesn't do anything. No nausea, drowsiness or relief. Used to take Vicodin worked much better."

Arthriticmama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was prescribed Norco 5/325 to manage post-operative pain from a tooth extraction. The first time I took it, I took one pill became really nauseous and didn't feel any pain relief. The second time I took 2 pills. I didn't develop nausea, which was good, but I also didn't experience any pain relief or drowsiness. It was like I hadn't taken anything at all."

Willowfish February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Works better than 5MG Oxycodone. I do not feel that the 5/325 Norco works at all but the 10/325 does help. Some people can & will get an upset stomach when taking it. All you have to do is ask for some nausea medication to go with it. I think it is a bit rediculous that it is so hard to get, especially when you ARE in extreme pain. I honestly feel that it helps with my fibromyalgia pain as well, not fully but it does help."

Lizrd January 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Broke my elbow. Did Nothing for pain. Took Ibuprofen. Worked better than that junk. Fortunately, it only cost $4."

broken elbow November 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've got severe arthritis in my lumbar vertebrae and right hip. (I've got a hip replacement coming up) plus degenerative disc disease in lumbar discs too. Norco 5/325 allows me to walk a little more, play with my dog and get a few chores done. Norco doesn't take all the pain away but it does helps improve the quality of my life."

ChiweenieCaddi (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am only 18 years old. I have had two major hip surgeries that have been unsuccessful due to an underdeveloped right hip joint. My pain is awful. I am fine for 3 to 5 days without pain and on those days I don't take any pain killers. But on the days that my hip hurts I can't even walk on it and I need to use crutches to just get around. I am 18 and the doctor told me that this cycle may continue for years to come. He has prescribed 10-325mg norco for the pain plus 800mg of ibuprofen. The combination works very well. The larger dose of ibuprofen greatly reduces inflamation in area of pain so that the norco can relieve the pain. I highly recommend this combo for any one with sharp shooting pain coming from your back or hip and running down."

Zjejeis2jb October 29, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Works better than morphine after surgery. Dilopid gave me a migraine, Other narcotics made me itchy. This takes pain away and leaves me a bit relaxed so I can get some rest."

Mama Laura October 22, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"When they switched me to Norco I had to deal with more pain. The medication is half as effective and makes me sick to my stomach many times. GOV'T doesn't care about the people with real pain more concerned with the drug addicts (which more people are becoming because they can't get the pain relief they need.)"

Retired Veteran T October 15, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"So I ended up at the emergency room for severe upper hip pain - no injury to speak of and they prescribe Norco. Dr. explain it is sciatic nerve pain which originated in the back and radiated into the hip and thigh area. Nevertheless this drug did absolutely nothing except make me rather "woozy" but the pain is still very much there. Luckily I have ibuprofen on hand so when the Norco wore off I took that instead. I won't say it worked like a charm but it was certainly better than Norco. Hopefully I feel better in the morning if not I guess I'll be going to urgent care since it's the weekend :("

DebbieInLA (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Norco is 100% the worst pain medicine out there. Did not reduce my pain the slightest and made me so nauseous. This stuff should not be legal."

Jaymee12345 August 12, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"These just don't help me at all and they claim that they are the same as Lortab 7.5 but they are wrong. Lortab help me much better than these do. If they are the same then why call them Norco and change the looks of them. Nobody is fooling the patients that have been in severe pain"

Terrian (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I tore my adductor muscles from slipping on some mats in a martial arts class 6 years ago. I've had two sports hernia operations which helped but I have some permanent nerve damage in my thighs. I get burning and shocks in my thighs. I have been taking 1-2 norco as needed for several years and they work great. I know they are highly addictive but no other pain killer allows me to work, have fun with family and friends, and continue to train in my martial arts. I sometimes go 3-5 days without any and rarely take more than 2 a day. If you have chronic pain or permanent nerve damage these can give you your life back."

OC Guy May 23, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was taking Percocet for some 6 years and I felt it was time for a change. I was put in Norco 10-325, same level as the Percocet I was taking. The first dose gave me a pleasant high and seem to be effective on the pain.....but....about one hour later, u became horribly nauseated...and vomited up the medication! Future doses proved the same results. This went on for @ 10 days,even with an empty stomach. I tried Dramamine, water pills, Bonine, Metzlicine, but no matter what, it made me horribly nauseated!, in addition to that, I felt very lathorgic, brain dead, and my sense of taste and smell seem to elude me.although it did release the pain, the side effects superceded the benefits. I am now back on my Percocet 10-325."

ChefJames65 May 5, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left hip as well as severe damage to my cartilage. It was an incredibly painful surgery and was prescribed the 10/325 hydrocodone (norco) for my pain. One tablet every 4-6 hours the first 2 weeks post op helped incredibly with the pain. I was given another prescription for the same thing for my PT (lasting 4-6 months post op). I no longer took them regularly, only before/after PT which could be incredibly painful. 1-2 tablets did the job, providing incredible relief from pretty severe pain. Only negative side effect I experienced was itching, particularly when I would take 2 tablets (20 mg). However, 2 tablets provided wonderful pain relief and also relaxed me mentally. Thumbs up."

Reed2016 March 15, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This medication did not help my pain post surgery. My doctor had to change me to Percocet after 2 weeks. I even tried taking 2 at a time, with no relief. It was like there was no effect at all; I did not get drowsy so it did not help me sleep, it did not give me the jitters, or a 'high' feeling. I cannot see how anyone would take these for recreational use or get addicted. They do absolutely nothing."

lynsar69 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This drug is better than nothing. I wonder why it is used for severe pain. It doesn't help stabbing nerve pain. It helps back pain (herniated disks, arthritis, degenerative disk disease) a little. Not much help for neck pain either. I need Lyrica for neuropathy and the two give some relief for fibromyalgia and arthritis (along with glucosamine). My pain level remains disabling."

Ivory dream (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have psoriatic oseto arthritis and this controls pain well at 1 mg 4 times daily Heavy fatigue, low blood pressure"

rmkardes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have severe Fibromyalgia with migraine/tension headaches and Chronic Fatigue. I also have osteoarthritis in my hips and lower back. I've already had one SI joint fusion. I am on disability because of the Fibromyalgia. I have used Norco 10/325 for several years. It controls the pain well and at this point I am able to manage on only 1-2 tablets a day. I have to manage my pain to be able to function, otherwise depression sets in with the pain and I just want to stay in bed. I may be somewhat dependent on Norco now but it's worth it to have a life."

Teri H October 1, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"About a 2 months ago I started having severe abdominal pain, my doctor started me on Norcos and now for the first time in two months I feel normal again. I am able to control my pain and now I can live my life relatively pain free."

cpocowatchit (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was prescribed Norco 7.5 due to server pain from a bad Kidney infection. I'm not big on pain meds due to making me feel different. I have found this medicine has controlled the pain but makes me restless not able to sleep."

Sue1228 August 5, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I started Norco 7.5 3 months ago for neck, arm, back and leg pain. I thought this was a low dose since I have tried much stronger medicines in the past i.e. Oxycontin, Roxicet and fentanyl..bad side effects. Norco so far has sufficiently controlled my pain. Dose may have to be increased in future but now ok."

Donnie0315 March 31, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My physician prescribed Norco 35-325 after I complained of severe abdominal pain and pain in my kidneys. I started taking one tablet every 4-6 hours (sometimes less than 4 hours apart) and it didn't seem to help with the pain, it would help me sleep sometimes. I started taking two tablets, and it seems to make a noticeable difference. It doesn't take as long to start working as if I were to just take one. It lasts a while longer too. I've tried others and it works just as well but only when I take two."

Dr. Barnes (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on 10 MG Norco for four years due to back and arm pain. It helps a lot especially in the morning when I get up. I am developing arthritis and my Neurologist thinks I might have fibromyalgia. I also have two heel spurs and tarsal tunnel syndrome in my left foot. And I also take Neurontin for my feet. I can't hardly take a Norco after 5 pm or so as they keep me up. I take Klonopin at bedtime or excess stress during the day. Nobody that doesn't know me well even knows any of this because I can walk pretty normally."

Decembersixx (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I can't take it on an empty stomach. I have to take it every four hours. Makes me sleepy. My dentist prescribed this for me yesterday."

Nicole504 January 6, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I would give this (Norco) an 11 if I could. I had a labiaplasty and all they prescribed me was 800mg ibuprofen and Tylenol 3. Neither one worked very well. I happened to have some Norco left over from a work related injury (back/neck/shoulders) and the nurse I spoke to said it wouldn't work very well for this sort of pain. Well, sorry to say, she was wrong. I feel pain free and relaxed for the first time since my surgery. I think I will actually get some sleep tonight. The pain was a level 10 (imagine getting your genitals caught in a bear trap... that's what it felt like--constantly)... right now it's at probably a 1 with only minor discomfort. Check with your doctor before using it and never mix with other medicines!"

nickname12345 December 30, 2014