User Reviews for Norco (Page 4)

Learn more about Norco.

Norco Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1853 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Norco to treat Pain

"I take 2 Norco 10/325 every morning with 800mg Ibuprofen for lower back pain due to 2 herniated discs from an injury in 2005. They are only partially effective. I have built up a tolerance to pain medicines. Even during radio surgery, the sedation I was given did very little. My doctor just gave me Morphine to use at night to help me sleep, but I am allergic to sulfur and the drug is actually called Morphine Sulfate. I am afraid to take it because of the potential side effects(hives). I'm waiting for authorization for disc replacement surgery, so hopefully I won't need pain medicines in the future."

Loooney2ns November 21, 2009

"This medication is very effective for my lower back pain. Been taking it for 7 years and not increased my dose from 60mg daily."

sentrarob November 17, 2009

"I broke my back 7 months ago and I was put on 5/500 and it did not relieve the pain at all. So my doctor put me on 10/325 Norco and it has been working well ever since. This is wonderful medicine for pain with little side effects. I would be unable to work if it weren't for this medicine. It truly has made me able to be a functioning part of society. Without it I am unable to do simple tasks such as clean or do laundry without the pain being unbearable."

anonomous November 12, 2009

"I give it an 8. I've been taking it for the last 6 to 8 years and it works so far. I have informed my doctor that I need to up my dosage and he agreed. So I take a half after about an hour after I take my regular dose and it works pretty good (that is the 10/325 mg). Most times I only have to take that half once or twice daily and sometimes I don't have to take the other half."

lacam31 November 10, 2009

"It helps me I have nerve damage in my back, but it does not take away all the pain."

shawy November 7, 2009

"I have been taking Norco for a jaw dislocation injury for about 3 months. After a while, I had to increase the amount per day, so my doctor wanted to give me oxycontin for evening. I did not like the Oxycontin and felt that the Norco better took away the pain. The Oxycontin just made me feel like I was hallucinating. The Norco works best for pain relief. "

Anna Nonamous November 1, 2009

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This was NOT effect post-op. I had a laporoscopic surgery for endometriosis and as well have herniation of discs L4&L5. I take pain medicines as a chronic pain management patient and have not needed anything other than the prescribed dosage ever. This did not work at all. I was in pain all night until a day nurse was willing to listen to the issue and gave the other brand name medicine with more APAP. When the time comes to have other surgery, I will have to discuss with Doctor beforehand. I am not willing to suffer again."

Anonymous October 28, 2009

"I've been taking it (10/325 every 4 hours when required) for four months now and have found it to be very effective for my back, hip and leg pain caused by a failed laminectomy. It doesn't block nerve pain, but it helps me to forget it for the four or five hours between doses. Since it is an opioid, it does cause constipation and you have to stay on top of it with fiber and laxatives."

Anonymous October 22, 2009

"I had foot surgery 10 days ago. For pain these seem to work well. However the basic side effects are more than I want to deal with: dizzy, weak, nausea, short of breath."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

"I have had back surgery on my L5S1 and am still in severe pain in my lower spine and permanent nerve pain. Norco worked short term for me. They took me off hydrocodone 10/650 because of acetaminophen in it. The Norco is 325 but the Norco did not last as long and did not seem to take away pain as well. I have switched back to hydrocodone 10/650"

Anonymous September 8, 2009

"Works great at treating my pain and helps with depression."

~S~ August 20, 2009

"I have been on Norco for about 8 months now for fibromyalgia and degenerative bone and disc disease and I tell you what, this medicine works and gets the job done! I have been taking pain relievers for over 7 years and they work 100% better for breakthrough pain than any other on the market! Take caution in getting off of them and make sure you CUT BACK SLOWLY as they are addictive or habit forming. Hope you have good of results from this medication as I had."

Anonymous August 14, 2009

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Had my third surgery, started using Norco for my pain, works for 2 to 3 hours. Been on it for a month going to ask doctor for stronger medication in two weeks if pain dose not decrease."

Anonymous July 30, 2009

"I have been dealing with chronic neck to lower back pain. Just found out I have degenerative disc disease and have three bulges up in my neck, with also bone spurs growing off my vertabrae. I currently am taking two 7.5mg/325 Norcos 4 times a day with four 5mg Valium that's for my constant muscle spasms and cramps all over my back and legs. At this point I'm seeing my doctor in a week so I can get my strength on Norcos increased or go on to Oxycontin. My pain never goes away and it's sad when you are only a 27 male, married with two kids 4 and 8 years old."

firbizz July 16, 2009

"I have taken Norco 10/325 for the past 9 1/2 years. I have never increased my dose in that time and they have worked very well for me. I had reconstructive back surgery in January of 2000 and these do the trick. "

m3rlin July 10, 2009

"Have been taking Norco for pain associated with surgery and chemotherapy. Original dose worked for a few months but built up tolerance. Doctor increased dosage to two 7.5 with Tylenol every 4 hours which has worked great. Don't usually have to take more than one but if I need two I can take them without worrying that side effects will cause a problem when I work."

Anonymous July 7, 2009

"Had a lower back injury in 2003. I had all kinds of procedures and nothing worked. I was on Vicodin and it worked for a while but the Norco 10/325 seems to work great. I have been on them for 6 months and able to go to my construction job daily. "

Anonymous June 20, 2009

"Norco 10/325 has worked well for me. I started using Vicodin 500 mg, which I got immune to very quickly. My doctor switched me to Norco 500 mg. Also got immune to this. So they put me on Norco 10/325 and I haven't had any problems since then. They work wonderfully. I take them every 4 hours. That's been 2 years ago."

Anonymous June 16, 2009

"My neurologist put me on Norco for cluster migraine headache combination. I was very impressed, it is the first medication that has taken the chronic pain away. The only other medicine that kept the pain away was Morphine. I worry about addiction, but I don't have a problem with not taking it if I don't need it. After five months of no relief from these headaches I am so happy to have found something that works."

Anonymous June 16, 2009

"I had been taking Norco for the past 2 months and I have to say that I really don't like it. It really upsets my stomach. I wish I could find something that works but doesn't make me feel like this."

Anonymous June 15, 2009

"Lawnmower blade took off tip of finger. Norco didn't help with the pain that well."

Anonymous June 11, 2009

"This helped me a lot. I have been having severe back and feet pains. Broke both my feet 2 years ago and it helps so much."

Anonymous May 29, 2009

"Not that great for me. I built up a tolerance to it after the first month and had to switch to Percocet 10-325. So far those work okay."

Anonymous May 24, 2009

"Used with oxycodone Norco has helped. Norco is not that great by itself."

CAYHURTS2006 May 22, 2009

"The withdrawals when coming off Norco's is the worst feeling ever. Severe anxiety, hard to sleep. After about 7 days the anxiety was less and less, but then I had to get my energy back. I had a hard time walking around the store, very weak. I was on them for my knee for 6 months. Be careful coming off."

Anonymous May 21, 2009