User Reviews for Norco

Norco Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Norco to treat Back Pain

"Taking this solidly about 5 yrs now. PEOPLE PLEASE; If you take anything...there is a risk to become addicted. How many are you drink sodas, eat junk food or diet sodas daily? All can hurt you, possibly kill you. If you have real pain, this works. Be responsible and take what is prescribed. If your body is getting use to the dose, tell your doctor. Don't take more. Sometimes taking this can cause rebound headaches. Will cause constipation. Can make your skin dry. This medicine does not make me drowsy or slows my heart rate. It could for you. Be safe. Live well."

Hanna B (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2018

"I broke a rib and was given Norco 5/325 in the ER. No pain management whatsoever. I quit taking it and went back to self-medicating. Norco is that ineffective."

Jen1029 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

"This medicine does absolutely nothing to relieve pain. I have a compression fracture in the 5th vertebra and standing or walking cause unbearable pain. I was given this medicine in the ER and I might as well be taking sugar pills. I filled the prescription at a well-known drugstore chain. Are these fake pills? If so, how did the drugstore get them? I understand I am not the only one to have this experience."

Jezebel99 December 26, 2017

"They relieve my lower back pain and allow me to walk and sleep, couldn't do either without them! I use 3 daily 7.25-325 mg. My doctor transferred to a hospital and my new Chinese doctor told me he is deathly afraid of arrest by the DEA for writing narcotic Rx's scripts, he no longer writes any, but sends all, including me to a "Pain Clinic" that costs me $40.00 a visit for a specialist co-pay to pick up a script, a $480 year waste! Other doctors quit writing scripts because of increased pressure from the law and DEA agents also. How unfair is that to seniors? And who cares?"

the real Rander September 30, 2017

"Worked great for pain, but beware of tolerance. Taking four to six hours or longer seems impossible at times but it will give you the most relief. I have been taking four daily of yellow 3601 ( best generic norco from HEB if you ask me they are extended release as oppose to the rubbish white ones you find elsewhere) and I don't seem to get as much relief now days, one 10 mg will last approx two hours. Hard to get your doctor to understand but I am thankful for having something to help. Works great with two methocarbamol 750 or gabapentin. Have tried many prescriptions for my three herniated discs, sciatica, arthritis/ pelvis pain and these three have given me the best relief."

SirPain24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

"I used to be on Norco 10,for a long time they were fine I never had a problem with them no side effects at all, recently dr. Changed me to Norco 7.5, and they're terrible even though the pharmacist the doctor say they are the same ingredients ( except that 7.5 has less )they are very different 7.5are horrible they make my eyelids swell up and I can hardly see out of one eye then make me feel very sick and Ill and I also have very bad stomach pain and pain in my chest also this is horrible do not like 7.5 at all might as well not take anything Norco 7.5 are very very horrible there definitely is something in Norco 7.5 that is not in the Norco 10 so why are they hiding it from us seems like they're trying to kill.me"

Sndr (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

"I go to pain management and seem to alternate between Norco & 10mg oxycodone.. I have to take more oxy combined with morphine per day to equal Norco 4 times daily, but they are both very addicting.... I hide it from my two children as they would have a fit. They are over 25 , to sum it up. I would rather take the Norco for my pain I think the Norco is the better pain medicine for back pain combined with what walking I can manage ."

Sunny194 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 19, 2016

"I have been on some strength of acetaminophe.n and hydrocodone for the past three years. I have seen 2 different pain specialist and took an MRI and unfortunately found out that I have desiccated (artritric) discs in my lower back and bulging disks as well with mild neural encroachment. I am a 36 year old man. The only way I can see that I got these very painful back injuries is from working food service for a number of years. Like 7 full years. This medication does work wonders for pain but has to really be taken with caution as it is a Schedule II narcotic. I recommend trying other pills first before settling on this one."

bap33 August 4, 2016

"Doesn't help much at all"

Bettyboop1133 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

"I have herniated disc, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, and more...I have been taking Norco 10/325 for 3 months now and have surgery coming up in June...spinal fusion and laminectomy of lumbar L4 L5. Without this medication I would not be able to get out of bed most of my days and am very thankful to have somewhat of a quality of life. I only take the entire 10 occasionally and break them in half to manage my pain. I do occasionally get light headed and nauseated but I have found that I can avoid this by eating small meals throughout the day and drinking lots of water."

AngieDJ May 26, 2016

"very helpful pain reliever "

No nameee May 17, 2016

"For me it worked for a little while after a few months doctor upped my dose but it did nothing"

Had one back surgry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

"For severe pain and problems in the lower back this should be the very least that is recommended for pain, at least temporarily until something else can be figured out (injection blocks, PT, etc). This has helped me more than almost anything else I've tried, and after taking these my sharp shooting pain turns into just a "heart-beat" type throb that I can feel in my lower back."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

"I have Fibro, Spinal Stenosis (severe) and Neuropathy, and occasional migraine headaches. I've been taking the Norco 7.5/325 for five years and it works, along with my 90mg of Cymbalta and 10mg Valium x2 a day. I haven't had to ask for an increase in my meds ever. The pain is always there but manageable. I can grocery shop and do light housework daily. I can drive myself with no danger. I have taken myself off the Norco quite a few times. I might go five to seven days without it just to see if I'm addicted. I hurt a lot but even though I have a full bottle in the bathroom I'm able to resist taking them and not get sick."

Fibro Gal November 18, 2015

"Norco has been good to relieve my pain from my L2, L3, L4 discs herniated and resulting pain level 8 in lower back and down the sciatica nerve in my legs. much better than morphine which makes me feel like I'm asleep and trying to move thru cement. It really has done a good job of lowering the pain level and consequently I can function relatively well and get some things done each day, giving me a better quality of life instead of just focusing on the pain. I know I've become addicted but I'd rather be addicted to something that helps me than constantly suffer from pain and have misery day after day."

caddiwoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

"I found Norco to be highly effective in keeping my back, shoulder, and neck pain under control and still allowing me to function as a professional (at least for the most part). I have taken Norco on and off over the last three years due to a series of accidents. I have taken Norco as my only source of pain medication, and, I found it was pretty easy for me to leave behind once the the injury was healed. I had two surgeries this summer (June and July). I began taking Norco in April, and had shoulder surgery in June and continued on the Norco. In July I had spinal surgery and was put on Dilaudid and MS Contin for four weeks. At the end of the four weeks my withdrawal symptoms were exceedingly painful, both physically and mentally."

Sammy Jr. August 30, 2015

"I take hydrocodone 10mg/325MG. Of acetaminophen. I have bulging disks in my lower back on my spine and they hit certain nerves. I have had a great experience with this medicine. I don't have any side effects except for some itching. It allows me to function and continue to work a fast paced job where I'm on my feet. You just have to careful to not take more than prescribed because most people don't realize how addicting it can be. Read the papers that you get from the pharmacy and ask questions. If used correctly this drug is very beneficial."

Brandon 33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2015

"I'm 59, have sciatica, and it's progressed to where I know I don't have to live in constant pain. I've been a narcotic user most of my life so the 5mg didn't do much and certainly after a short period didn't do anything if taken as directed. I've upped it to 7.5's and relief was significant and am now taking 10mg and the relief is amazing. I was concerned because I've been a narcotic user for so much of my life but it works and I didn't want to push it by going the oxy route. I've been saying the same thing to people who don't understand. I call it a managed habit. There were several times I couldn't even sit in this chair and log on to the computer."

pudman56 June 25, 2015

"Went to ER with severe lower back pain that went down my leg. Diagnosed as sciatica and given norco 10. It totally knocked me out but did take my pain from an 8 to a 0! Broke it in half so I could stay awake after that."

Recurring pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

"i'm taking norco 10/325 for over ten years on and off i'm over sixty five, i've recently came to the reality that this wonder drug has lowered my back pain, diabetes sugar, depression, and neuropathy pain. i've been told i have reverse side effects form this medication then the average patients the doctor attends to. everyone else says oh your hooked on pain meds, so what. if they help all of these problems i have and have no bad side effects i can't live with. the best to this drug."

ezzboat (taken for 10 years or more) May 27, 2015

"I had suffered Degenerative Disc Disease with two bulging discs at L4 and L5 with Annular Tear and Spinal Stenosis since May 2006. No injury or accident. Right side leg went completely numb on me and sent me to the ER; Within a week I had an awesome Dr helping me with this med, Flexeril and Naprosyn. As well as Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care. I became pain free in November 2006. Then I got pregnant and in December 2010 the pain was so severe that I had to go on Norco & do Physical Therapy again for two months. Needless I went into Pain Mgmnt with an Awesome Dr and of course tried and failed Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxycontin with OxyIR, Neurontin, and this was always reverted back to Norco. Had Spinal Fusion and Norco was what worked."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2015

"Does not relieve pain. Just keeps me active moderately. I suffer from bulging discs in my neck."

ddd33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2015

"I did 6 years active duty with the army as an infantry soldier. I've been in the Iraq war in 2004, and the war in Afghanistan in 2006. During combat I've been in 6 IED explosions. A gun shot through my left shin, nerve damage to my whole right hand. Compressed 3 disc, and shattered 1 in my lower back. I have Traumatic brain injury which causes horrible migraines. I've been on everything since 2007...Oxycontin 80mg, 30mg Roxy's, 125mg fentanyl patches, morphine 60mgs, etc. Currently I'm on 10/325 Norco 6 times a day. I've grown dependent and tolerant to opiates. But Norco is by far the best medicine to make my chronic pain tolerable. And the side effects are close to none. I highly recommend this for chronic pain."

rocko00 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2014

"Best if using to think that this medication was bumped to schedule II on October, 6th 2014! It helps with pain. But must see the doc every month, which is a painful journey among other daily activities that can burden those who have permanent back damage, or Chronic (close to permanent back pain) ~back pain. Best to get 10mg dose, then able to break and take less or more depending on the day, pain, movement anticipated, etc. "

days4444 (taken for 10 years or more) November 17, 2014

"I'm taking both medications for pain after my back surgery. It works but pain comes back about an hour before I'm scheduled to take another dose."

Norco and Flerell (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2014