User Reviews for Norco to treat Back Pain

Norco has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 111 ratings for the treatment of Back Pain. 66% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Norco Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 166 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Norco

Bwayne66 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 12, 2021

“I had 2 back surgeries in 2017 due to an injury. My personal physician prescribed me Norco 10/325 which was working Fantastic. However, I always had a problem getting refill and he always gave me the DEA story of how he didn't want to write the script. I finally went to a Pain Management clinic. Worse mistake I ever made! The pain management doctor treated me like an addict. I have never misused my pain medication. I got so frustrated that I stopped taking them. I have not had a good day since. And of course the pain management clinic won't return my calls. It's very sad that because some people have misused this medication and the government has stuck their hands in the doctor's office that people with legitimate pain has to suffer.”

Buffy · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 24, 2021

“What is going on with the Norco pills these days? I've been getting the name brand Norco made by Allergan in the 7.5, when I filled my script this month, I swear they have no opiate in them and it's straight tylenol, I've been miserable this entire month, no relief at all, and I don't sleep at night due to RLS something isn't right. I used to take generic Watson never had an issue but when most pharmacy switched to that Mallinckrodt manufacturer I had to quit taking due to severe allergic reactions. So, after reading these comments I see I'm not the only one, now I don't know where to get meds refilled, pharmacies are doing something different for sure, these pills look the same but something is off, and they thought people would not notice, well I did right off the bat. Ridiculous”

LAM · Taken for 10 years or more April 2, 2021

“CVS had generic Norco by Sun pharma NO vomiting, migraines, upset stomach. CVS had Aurobindo generic , pain was 8 after 2 tablets a 7, nausea bad. I wrote CVS CEO and he told pharmacist to order a brand that worked for me. Pharmacy manager got ANGRY and refused to fill my pain medication then she told my doctor, I had to go to pain management doctor. First visit the Dr came in said I read your chart you’ve had everything done to try and help your pain, so why are you here. I explained, I’m here because of a pharmacist, I explained he was shocked a pharmacist could do this and with all my surgeries. A pharmacist would complain about four pain pills a day. Dr wrote my RX added do not fill with Mallinckrodt, Aurobindo or Amneal . 2 years no problems last few months CVS said No Sun REALLY !! Every pharmacy refuses to order other brands and every pharmacy I call says we only carry Mallinckrodt .The FDA said if no one calls to complain , then things won’t change”

Peggy sue May 10, 2020

“2 years agoI went to Walgreens instead of CVS and got my prescription filled that month for Norco 10 / 325 it was a pill look like my yellow ones little football but it was white. Absolutely did not work. I'm 67 years old and I had a horrible car accident 23 years ago and with the help of Norco I live with the pain. The last few years they're screwing with the medicine - everybody - not just Walgreens, Walgreens is the worst by the way. I believe that they are no longer putting opiate in their pills I mean if you get a 10 / 325 you shouldn't be able to break it so easily, used to be so hard to break that little yellow pill in half. I mean a lot of us are in pain if you're in pain why should we have to live in pain I don't get it. Somebody needs to do something I mean if anyone wants to go in together we find out how much it cost to test them I'll go in one way to find out”

Roseland Rich · Taken for 10 years or more July 2, 2021

“I’m 72 years old with severe arthritis and sciatic nerve pain. I’ve been taking hydrocodone for over 20 years with excellent pain relief and able to live somewhat of a normal life. I cannot sleep on a regular mattress and for many years sleep in a recliner. Lately I’ve been helping my son and daughter-in-law babysitting my 3 grandsons which is not easy. As most the manufacturer is Mallincrkrodt. The script I just had filled is way different! The pain doesn’t subside and I literally feel very sick! While I normally feel pain relief and also more alert I now feel I can’t stay awake and honestly feel horrible! I’ve called all pharmacies and they all use nothing but Mallinckrodt! Also none of them have name brand Norco anymore! When I was getting Norco when colored yellow that worked the best. Since the change to white it’s never been the same.”

Johnny · Taken for 10 years or more September 26, 2020

“I screwed up my back pretty bad in 1993. The older I get the worse the pain. Surgery in NOT an option.. Used to get Watson and Qualitest brand acetaminophen/hydrocodone for the pain. It worked great. Then the pharmacies switched to Mallinckrodt. It either didn't work, made me itch or gave me severe breathing problems depending upon the lot number. My doctor switched me to Percocet. It didn't work at ALL! Then I checked the manufacturer. Mallinckrodt. If you can find a pharmacy the doesn't use Mallinckrodt...run, do not walk, to that pharmacy. I've had it with Mallinckrodt.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 22, 2019

“I think I can help the government understand how patients feel about Norco Watson brand and the "others". Its like getting a pack of smokes and the store is out so they hand you some snuff and say" its the same thing." Or a doctor doing surgery and he asked for the knife and they hand him a steak knife and say "its the same thing" Or you go to buy a diamond and they pull out a selection from "Clairs" and say " its the same thing." Do you get it now?”

Harve · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2020

“The generic norco if today will be ineffective due to the abuse deterrence altering the effectiveness of the pain pill. Most of the pharmaceutical companies have been instructed to do this to avoid abuse, all the while not receiving any relief for those in pain.”

Gman February 11, 2020

“Been on hydrocodone 20 years now. Life was great when six 10/325 yellow tabs worked 10 hour days. I was able to work and make great money (self employed contractor in home improvements)..bills paid...child support paid..life was great...then the proclaimed opioid crisis came. Pain management cut me down to four 10/325. Work went OK...(only 7 hour days)...then pain management cut me down again..(against my will )...down to four 7.5/325, then down to three 7.5/325 a day. Now I can only work 3 days a week for 3 hours. I am now behind on support orders, house payments, bills, taxes...and mind you..never abused them...don't drink..never did drugs (street illicit ). Always passed the urine tests for for meds...always passed pill counts...perfect pain management role model. My pain is all due to 3 motorcycle crashes, fell off roof (24 feet), tree fell on me, ran over by truck in 9th grade, so yeah a long history of injuries. Now about to loose everything I worked for last 20 years. The newest generics prescribe to me is PAR Pharmaceutical 7.5/325 and I don't even think there is any active ingredient in them..god bless”

MissNikki006 February 17, 2020

“I was given Norco because of stenosis and herniated disc which happened on the job and because I'm in a program of recovery I did not want to take it however the pain became too great and I was getting a great generic version of Norco acetaminophen/hydrocodone now the only thing that is available is Mallinckrodt and before that I had a manufacturer Eywa.. ( THOSE ARE AWFUL) however Mallinckrodt is the best I can come up with because Watson no longer makes this medication and the looks from the pharmacy just because it doesn't look like I have anything wrong doesn't mean that there isn't. My doctor has shared with me that he won't increase my dosage even though my condition is chronic nor will he change it to Percocet because I would have to go to a hearing I don't know if anyone has ever heard of any of these things but if you have please share I'm in Ohio the Cleveland area. I'm just tired and NO ONE should have to deal with substandard medicines but what about those of us who have chronic pain?”

Anonymous February 19, 2020

“Back and neck looks like a train wreck without going into a long drawn out post. Waiting for a surgery because dr is out of town. Pain dr says be patient. I’m not out of pain. Been on Norco for 15 years. Looking at a 3rd neck fusion and 4 herniations, disc protruding and other MRI findings. Dr is scared to prescribe medication. I’ve actually thought about street drugs to relieve my pain. It’s not addiction it’s desperation for chronic pain relief!!!”

Natalie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 19, 2019

“I use to get name brand things were fine. My back pain started getting worse then I got the generics. First it was good. Some were good some not. In the Aurobindo brand of acetaminophen/hydrocodone after about 2 weeks I started to vomit and was sick for a week. Of course pharmacy didn't listen. Then one more time and same thing happened. No more of that. Then Mallinckrodt. It's just rubbish. Now Im having spasms in buttocks. I don't think there is any opiate in them and I am withdrawing. You can't trust big pharma. That's the way they do things. I am angry because they are stealing from us. How dare they decide for us that we should not have opiates.”

JP September 12, 2020

“For years I took brand Norco (acetaminophen/hydrocodone) when it was manufactured by Watson. When the drug went off patent, many companies jumped in to manufacture generic versions of the drug. At one time, Watson was manufacturing a generic, which was great, since it was exactly the same as the brand, but Watson was bought out, and it's impossible to know (except through trial and error) whether the purchaser is using the Watson "recipe." As for generics acetaminophen with hydrocodone, for me, the generic Norco manufactured by Aurobindo has been excellent, as has that manufactured by Mallinckrodt and Rhodes. I have also been able to take the generic manufactured by Tris with what is usually adequate pain relief (but not as good as Aurobindo, Mallinckrodt or Rhodes). The generic that I absolutely cannot take is Amneal - it's like not taking anything at all. I'm not sure why, as all of these drugs should have the same amount of opiate in them, but I might as well not fill the prescription if the generic is Amneal.”

bobbi · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 1, 2019

“I have had back pain for years but didn’t see a Dr. until the last few years. Recently had back surgery. I’ve taken Norco off and on and it does help with the pain but it just doesn’t last long and I need a high dose that makes me sleepy. My big complaint is the restrictions on opioids. If I have MRI reports that indicate I have a real need for them why do I have to go every month to get a prescription? I understand patients make up illnesses to get them, but if there’s no indication at all they need to not receive them. It shouldn’t affect someone who does.”

Jazz · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

“I was taking actavis norco 10/325 for years and as you all stated no one carries them anymore. The Mallinckrodt makes me so sick that I did research Par pharmaceuticals the yellow ones is wholesaled by AmerisourceBergen and AmerisourceBergens largest contract is with Walgreens and Riteaid. I called around and Par told me you are with AmerisourceBergen and that you can order par. The 24 hour locations can try but they are mostly stocked fully with Mallinckrodt and can’t order past a certain threshold. Call the locations that are open to 9pm. BOTH of the non 24 hour Walgreens were able to go in their system pull up Par yellow norco and order them. They also notated my file that I have a bad reaction on Mallinkcrodt and can only be filled actavis (which is still made I called them as well) or Par. Hope this helps.”

Maleficent · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2018

“I had been taking the Watson 10/325 Norco with no problems, until Walgreens went to Mallinckrodt; total waste of time. I was told by Walgreens, that Watson no longer existed and found that unacceptable. They are worlds apart and I don’t know how they’re getting away with this. Wait, yes I do! Those that need these meds to work, so we function in life; are also victims of the opioid epidemic. So I did some research... Watson was bought out by one of two companies. Next, I began calling pharmacies, asking the brand carried. All the chain stores had the Mallinckrodt, CVS flat refused to answer & said they’d reject my prescription if I came in and asked. FINALLY, I found two local pharmacies that had different brands. I have gone to both pharmacies to try them and discovered that any brand OTHER than the Mallinckrodt works just fine. So my advice to anyone in this predicament is to try local pharmacies and step away from the Mallinckrodt garbage.”

Krissy June 13, 2019

“I was injured years ago badly. When I fell it worsened & had surgery. My pain is severe & classified intractable. PT helps but my back pain persists. I tried Percocet, morphine & Hysingla but nothing touched the pain. It was as if I hadn’t taken anything! I was taking too many Advil a day which helped but Dr said that’s very dangerous. I gave up & she suggested 1 last med Norco. I was skeptical & given in to the pain but took just one pill & after 1 hour, I had no pain for hours! I’ve had excruciating pain for so long, it honestly feels strange not to have it a few hours a day now. Another plus is NO SIDE EFFECTS like others (dizziness, out of it feeling (I guess euphoria which I hate), no constipation) and it just works! Husband sees a difference in my outlook and how I’m walking better. There’s need for 2nd pill midday when the morning 1 wears off then some pain at night. But I’m ok with pain at night because I’m just resting. I’m finally getting my life back. I really just can’t believe it!!!!”

Jk · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

“I had cancer and an auto immune disorder which ended with several surgeries and resulted in a lot of generalized pain. My doc prescribed Norco 5/325 three times a day then had to double the dose. Mallinkrot was pharm manufacturer. This medicine absolutely did nothing for pain and actually caused other issues such as GI problems including abdominal cramps and nausea. After switching to another brand my pain was relieved significantly and no abdominal issues. As a medical professional I do not recommend this manufacturer EVER.”

Bob872 May 15, 2020

“Been on Norco 7.5/325 for 4 years . Had Spinal Fusion L4-S1 will never be the same . Norco has given me my life back . I am taking the Generic Version . For those of you complaining it DOES work . Be thankful you can get any Narcotics in todays world. They could say 800mgs of ibuprofen. Be thankful you are alive and kicking . Im 62 .”

rocko00 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 13, 2014

“I did 6 years active duty with the army as an infantry soldier. I've been in the Iraq war in 2004, and the war in Afghanistan in 2006. During combat I've been in 6 IED explosions. A gun shot through my left shin, nerve damage to my whole right hand. Compressed 3 disc, and shattered 1 in my lower back. I have Traumatic brain injury which causes horrible migraines. I've been on everything since 2007...Oxycontin 80mg, 30mg Roxy's, 125mg fentanyl patches, morphine 60mgs, etc. Currently I'm on 10/325 Norco 6 times a day. I've grown dependent and tolerant to opiates. But Norco is by far the best medicine to make my chronic pain tolerable. And the side effects are close to none. I highly recommend this for chronic pain.”

Dave · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2019

“I switched from rite aid and the useless mallinckrodt (malincrap) brand to an independent pharmacy that sells the yellow 3601 Norco in October. I couldn't believe it but I only need 2 a day to control my pain. The next 3 months the same yellow Norco had decreased in pain relief to the point that my most recent script was total garbage. Same pills but different shipment. Complained to pharmacy and now I'm filing complaint with the FDA. People must file written complaints for the FDA TO INVESTIGATE. PHAR P thats the brand.”

Rusty nail · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 24, 2021

“I have had work related back and neck pain. I have had surgeries before and generic vicodin worked great. I haven't had any luck with Lupin generic norco. I have half a bottle left and won't take anymore because it doesn't work. I worked in the pharmaceutical manufacturing for decades and have learned that 80 percent or more of all generics are now made overseas. FDA rarely inspects plants and have no legal jurisdiction there. If you want to know more about the quality of your prescriptions, check the book Bottles of Lies or look online for one or more of her interviews.”

Babygirl · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 29, 2018

“I have been taking Norco for awhile and the manufacturer was actavis and they really didn't help that much. Well I just got another prescription filled and Walgreens changed manufacture again which is mallinckrodt and they do nothing at all but give me pains in my stomach and give me a slight headache. I wish these manufacturers would stop playing around with the ingredients we are in pain and need something for pain - not the ineffective ones we are getting now”

Johnny Reb · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2021

“I've been on Norco for severe back pain for 20 years. The potency varies by the lab making the drug. CVS uses Sun labs. Its worthless. WALGREENS uses Mallinckrodt which is worthless. The best effectiveness I've had is from Watson . I've requested the Watson brand from all major pharmacies. They can get it, but the insurance won't cover it. The only bad thing about the less expensive Norco I've experienced is shortness of breath and the panic it causes.”

sillyworm · Taken for 10 years or more November 10, 2019

“Just changed from Qualitest 7.5 mg Vicoprofen to Norco 10 mg. I'm hoping Norco works as well. I know by experience that people/myself react differently to generics. Amneal did not work for me...their 7.5s felt like 4 mgs. I was trying Zohydro 30mgs...but with 60 mgs I STILL needed 30 more mgs of another medication. I have found that most companies are choosing the cheapest brand generics to sell and they can be inferior. If you find that this is true...search out another generic.”

Learn more about Back Pain