User Reviews for Hydromorphone systemic

Also known as: Dilaudid, Dilaudid-HP, Exalgo, Hydromorph Contin, Hydrostat IR, Palladone

Cough

Chronic Pain
8.1

Summary of Hydromorphone reviews 8.3 371 reviews

Reviews for Hydromorphone

For Chronic Pain: "Very effective time release for chronic pain. It is NOT as effective as Opana was but it works much better than Oxycontin ER did. I have not had any problems with it being addictive. I take it once a day. One pill lasts 24 hours. I have not had any side effects from it. It does not make me feel "doped up" or high."

Bekka (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I have disc problems and plates in my neck. I also suffer from severe migraines with loss of the myelin sheath that surrounds the nerve fibers. I have been on morphine and oxicodone but nothing works like dilaudid does. I think it is better than the other two."

aucte pain w/migraine (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

Dilaudid-HP (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "I had surgery that was out patient but was put under general anesthesia which to me means it is serious. Vicodin does not work 4 me. I am allergic to Percocet. I specifically asked for DEMEROL. My doctor gave me Dilaudid. THE WORST!!! Nausea, Lightheaded, no pain relief or positive effects but he claimed it was stronger therefore should be better. I'm not a Dr. BUT I know what works on MY BODY. He could have just given me a smaller Dosage of Demerol. Instead of 30 that don't work, I would have taken 12 that do."

Truthteller (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I have found that oxycontin, and oxycodone IR work much better than hydromorphone orally for my pain."

Anonymous June 19, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I was given dilaudid for pain while in the ER for diverticulitis. Not good as my breathing was suppressed and had to be monitored for days after. I will never get this pain med again."

Pony Tail April 16, 2018

For Pain: "This drug was / is completely ineffective for my pain. I am taking it for three days now . I started getting lengthy muscle spasms within two hours after starting this medication. I will be withdrawing from it tomorrow after I see my Doctor."

Chicky (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "I have tryed everything for my pain I finally was given this medication 4 mg it worked excellent definitely happy being pain free for a change I can resume my normal activities now"

Redcherry1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 31, 2018

For Pain: "Given this for muscle rotator cuff repair had a paradoxical effect 5 mins past ingestion pain level went from a 8 to a level 16"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "I had ankle reconstruction surgery. They gave me 1-2mg every 4 hours and it did absolutely nothing to help with the pain. Sounds like only the IV is the only successful route. I had to ask for stronger meds which did the trick. I wouldn’t bother with such a low dosage. It doesn’t do anything for you."

You need a high dosage (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I have a low tolerance for pain and after a outpatient surgical procedure I was prescribed percoset for pain. They didn't help, so the doctor prescribed oxycontin. It work but it made me nauseated. He then prescribed dilaudid. It really helped to ease the pain, I experienced none of the side effects, except constipation. I took it every 4 hours, then as I healed I decreased the does to every 6 hours then I took one only at night. After the pain was gone, I stopped taking the medication and experienced no withdrawal issues."

MariaG2000 January 23, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I suffered respiratory depression when given this in the ER for pain after a fall. After that my life for 8 months was lived being criticallly ill with Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) like a nightmare. I am a miracle to be alive still."

Dreamer2015 January 18, 2018

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "Use caution while driving, when using this medication."

Dokken (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Hydromorphone has been the best out of 3-5 other medications tried over a twenty year span. I do not tolerate extended release meds well. They give me horrid insomnia, worse than it is generally. After about 3 days on extended release I can sleep no longer than 3 hours. With 8mg hydromorphone I have some insomnia but this is far lesser when compared to being on ER meds. Over five years time I have become dose tolerant. I started at 4 mg doses, then to 8 mg doses, and currently taking 16 mg doses...that is two 8mg tabs every 3-4 hours, as long as 5 hours between doses on a good day. I have chronic pain caused by RSD/CRPS. ANY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OUGHT TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THIS MOST DREADED OF CONDITIONS."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I was at work one night and my gallbladder ruptured on me. That was the worst pain I have ever experienced! The pain was so bad that I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Was airlifted to a trauma center and had emergency surgery. They couldn't do it the laparoscopic way because they had to do the surgery in a rush to hurry and get it out. Was given Dilaudid through IV every 4 hours after surgery. Was very helpful! Didn't feel any pain at all because it pretty much knocked me out."

TyAustin (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "I had a spinal interbody fusion and dilaudid barely touched the pain at all. they had to give me muscle relaxer, nerve pill, and 10 mg oxycodone top go with the Dilaudid. and after all that I still hurt."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "Had a motorcycle accident in 2013 and broke 3 vertebrae, 6 ribs and my pelvis. I was given morphine in the ER, but it wasn't putting even a dent in my pain. I asked if there was anything else they could give me and dilaudid was the answer. IV administration quickly relieved my pain. I describe the feeling as melting into the bed in a feeling of euphoria. I was told by hospital staff it was 8 x stronger than morphine. Easy to see how people get addicted. I was disappointed when the nurse told me they were going to start weaning me off after 3-4 days."

frankieboytwo (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "Had my gallbladder removed and they gave me morphine which didn't really help much but then I ended up with a bile leak due to complications and they put me on dilaudid and every ounce of pain vanished seconds after it was put into my iv. It made me really sleepy but not nauseous at all. Very addictive but works amazing to relieve extreme pain."

V555 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

For Pain: "I went to the emergency room in the worst pain of my life. The nurses kept telling me to stop moaning so loud because I was scaring the children in the ER. I couldn’t help it much as I was delirious. After confirming kidney stones via CT scan, the doctor gave me a IV shot of morphine. Several minutes later he asked if my pain was better. I noticed no difference I said. Then a shot of Dilaudid and the pain was tolerable with a few minutes. I could then hear the emergency room staff begin to clap because I finally stopped moaning after nearly 2 hours. Hurray for Dilaudid."

RipleyUSA (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Dilaudid-HP (hydromorphone) for Anesthetic Adjunct: "The only medication that works towards a quality of life that is good with no side effects! I have had chronic pain for multiple reasons including cancer. Thank you to my Doctor for understanding and finding the pain relief that is right for me!"

Boomer Bailey (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 24, 2017

Exalgo (hydromorphone) for Chronic Pain: "I was on 30mgs Opana ER dailu and it was discontinued. My doc moved me to 8mg Exalgo/day. It's not working well, doesn't last 24 hours and every 2-4 hours I start getting chills and runny nose. I think I just might be on too low of a dose. Too bad I can't get in to my doc sooner."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "First pill that works for my pain. Cancer patient and before this, just about nothing touched the pain."

Bob22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "Worked very well for me and also removed agitation. I have to believe this drug is very addictive. Had two doses at the hospital."

Sarashm August 24, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "Was given 1 unit every 6 hours in ICU after a fempop bypass. Effect was literally in seconds after injection. Pain was gone. But my heart rate and BP dropped to the point I had to undergo cardiac monitoring. They thought it had triggered s heart attack."

Khramos (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "Last week I had an old fashioned way of Gallblabber removal (20+ previous surgeries had left behind to many adhesions for a Laproscopic removal). The .5 mg Dilaudid I was given was much better than the Morphine in past surgeries. Issue: because I am a middle class lady with insurance seeing a pain management specialist for chronic pain - I was labeled a druggie!! I was given .5 to 1 mg for my ride home. I suffered horribly in pain. .5 is 1/8 the normal dose for most coming out of surgery. My previous physician (decades) had retired. He believed NO patient should suffer unnecessarily after surgery! Not these physicians and not this poor excuse for a hospital."

OSUmedCenterTulsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) for Pain: "Dilaudid is an amazing pain reliever, but I do not recommend it if you have no self control. It is very easy to get addicted to. I have had dilaudid several times after operations. I also suffer horrible migraines and sometimes dilaudid is the only thing that will knock them out. There are also times that dilaudid makes it worse such as rebound migraines. It doesn't always help. The bad thing about dilaudid is that it does cause me to have bad acid reflux and also makes me extremely nauseous. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are in a tremendous amount of pain. It is very strong. Whenever they give it to you in an IV your whole body tingles and heats up. Its a very strange feeling. Like I said stay away from it unless you're in terrible pain"

CDG4 July 9, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...